Is nostalgia a good thing...

is nostalgia a good thing? i'm listening to some OPs and EDs of shows i watched many years ago and feeling a little bit sad so my answer is no it is fucking not.
what do you think user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULmJupKttK8
youtube.com/watch?v=sDc-wjzdle4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nostalgia used to be better.

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. It depends on your general mental condition, I think. When you're already depressed, nostalgia might not cheer you up, it might just make you sadder, when you realize that the good times are gone.

Gintama OPs and EDs are the worst for this.

But Sorairo Days is a good OP to listen to if you're feeling down, it gets me pumped up.

Anybody else get oddly embarrassed listening to old OP/EDs you used to listen to all the time? Or am I just really autistic?

Nostalgia for me has often been a bad thing as it would be me watching earlier opening of Bleach and Naruto and it would bring me back to the days when I enjoyed those series.

these are regrets not nostalgia

When I rewatch anything I discover it was nowhere near as good as I though it was so I just stopped doing that.

Its called growing up.

>implying anyone cringes from listening to Ready Steady Go

this.
this is why i watch anime with my feelings not through the eyes of critic or something. i hope you get what i mean lol

Not cringe, no. Just a rush of emotion so I skip it.

It's not a joke that modern anime is a pile of SHIT.

Sometimes you get like 1 (one, single) show per YEAR and that shit lasts for years now.

Pre-2010 was the best era in anime. Now it's really degrading hard.

Anime was never good you just grew up. You should have learnt to shut off your brain by now.

I tend to listen to old OPs and EDs all the time but I don't find that embarrassing at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULmJupKttK8

I only started watching it this year and it seems okay.

>There are people out there right now who don't think FLCL is absolute fucking garbage.

>pre-2010
I remember when people used to say pre-2006.

This post is fucking me up.

it's all fresh and exciting just give it a couple of years of watching seasonal anime and you will feel like us

So far I haven't watched anything people consider a classic or was groundbreaking so maybe I'll go back to stuff that was agreed to be good when I get bored.

that's the best thing you could do. seasonal anime is cancer and will make you hate anime as whole

This season seem to be decent as far as I can tell. I'm coming off from being a Sup Forumsfag so my bar is low.

can we all agree on something. seasonal anime is trash. go back and watch stuff at least pre-2010

What was the latest show that can even be considered classic material? Madoka?

fpbp

You say that as if pre-2010 wasn't full of seasonal garbage as well. Granted, at least there were some good shows every now and then.

In 2022 people will say pre-2015

Any recs? Cause I'm pretty there was tons of seasonal stuff before 2010.

Boku No Pico

Mars of destruction.

>Mfw if you were born in 1999 you are of legal age to shitpost here

God is dead, Moot is void and Hiro is our only hero

They've been posting for 5 years by now, probably. It's the people born in 2003 posting you need to worry about.

>In two or three years the majority of posters in this board will have been born in this millennium

>We used to complain about people whi were born after evangelion.
>Soon we'll be complaining about people born after Sup Forums.

Stop it guys, You're scaring me

>retards today are spamming who the fuck is moot
>probably thinks it's a meme and moot is some character like pepe

>The majority of current Sup Forums probably hasn't watched Code Geass.

Every TV anime aired by season, you fucking retard.

Pre-digital is the only dividing line that matters, unless you're fucking 60 years old.

>People probably tip their heads any time someone uses the term "11"

Good for them, it sucked.

Anime is and always has been hit-or-miss. Most of it is trash or only worth a single viewing.

I really like 90s - mid 2000s anime.
Like, there's no reason that Tenchi Muyo should be so palatable to me when I have no recollection
of it existing when I was younger, yet I only watch one or two modern shows that are exceptional.

I haven't watched Geass but even I know what that refers to.

I've recently been listening to old OPs and EDs, too.

This one in particular, always gets me hyped up:
youtube.com/watch?v=sDc-wjzdle4

Vandread OP, and Gatekeeper, too.
Thanks, AXN.
Shit was sooo good.

Nostalgia always depresses me, because deep down I know I will never be able to go back and feel the exact way I could then. Every step into maturity for me (over 20 under 30 currently) seems to make me more numb; and I long wistfully for the days when atleast some things could feel okay. Don't feel too bad, user. I get what you mean entirely.

Getting older fucking sucks. I'm 26 and I feel like I can't fucking enjoy anything anymore.

you what is sad? there are people here who never heard of Haruhi let alone watched it. one the biggest phenomenon the majority of Sup Forums don't know about it.

this.
i'm 24 and i feel all new anime is trash

*know

I rewatched Haruhi the last week for the first time since 2008 and fuck it was total shit. Nostalgia googles are one hell of a drug, I regret breaking the illusion for myself.

Congrats, I didnt realize it until I was 29.

You are objectively wrong.

Pre-2010 anime was full of ideas and experiments, studios could get the money for very original projects and that's why we've got so much iconic stuff in that 2000-2010 decade.

It's scientifically proved that after 2010 producers stopped giving money on "risky anime" and instead they funded only generic safe shit that masses would eat anyway. The era of poor fucking LNs and anime-adaptations, Aniplex/Sony is no better than jews from Hollywood now, the rest of moneybags in Japan are no better. Their economy is decreasing and so is the freedom in anime industry.
While freedom in Hollywood ended in 90's, freedom in anime ended in 2010.
Just wait a couple of years and you'll have an obligatory "nigger" "feminist" in anime as well.

good thing i realized that earlier but fuck 29!! dude i feel bad for you

listen man do not and i mean DO NOT rewatch an anime you love especially if it so nostalgic to you believe you will regret it

Don't even get me started on birthdays

Haruhi was successfully annihilated by shitty season 2 with K-on garbage visual style.

this.
>Just wait a couple of years and you'll have an obligatory "nigger" "feminist" in anime as well.
that's when i will say goodbye to anime forever they ruined vidya and i don't want them near anime

Haruhi was killed by the author not releasing any new books. S2 looked better.

>S2 looked better.

also there are new material from when the anime ended that at least give us 12 episode

formulaic doesnt necessarily mean bad

You only get the bad type of nostalgia when your life is shit. Fix yourself.

>tfw April 1st is the 10th anniversary of Gurren Lagann's air date

JUST

You get no nostalgia at all if your life is shit

There is more material, that's true, but without an ongoing series, the publisher isn't going to feel that pushing for an adaptation is worthwhile.

I've never felt nostalgia and i'm pushing early to mid 30's.
What's wrong?

Autism.

>tfw recently rewatched Gurren Lagann and it's absolutely amazing

I can't believe people say they like it less after they've watched more anime.

S2 is pure shit tho

So everyone on Sup Forums?

Fuck off faggot
>he doesnt know what a cour is

Still bad no matter how you call it.

I think nostalgia is the main reason I even watch anime nowadays. I rewatch some old favorites once a year, and interestingly enough some of those are series that I didn't even enjoy greatly while airing but afterwards some sort of fucked up nostalgia goggles have made them really enjoyable. Hanasaku Iroha is one of the worst offenders, I watch it every summer and to this day I have no idea why.

No other medium even comes close to giving that relaxing nostalgic feel. Sometimes I even get the nostalgic feeling when watching anime I've never seen before, usually with pre-90's anime. Like Maison Ikkoku, there's some sort of strange magic there.

Nostalgia is like booze, best enjoyed amongst friends.

I know, that's my case entirely.
I'm accused of hating everything and they're probably right, things are probably just as bad as they always were.
Growing up in the 90s economic bubble really didn't help ease us into 2001 and beyond though.

>friends

Glad this doesn't happen with SoL, rewatching K-on is just as the first time, goofy and happy, and even better because I gained lerance to anisongs wih the time.

Have NINE OLD WITCH img with Shiny Rod?

26 isnt old user. dont be too eager to let go of your youth.

24 is still a baby.

I think LWA is a shitty show for kids, which trigger managed to sell to you just with some gaijin pandering.

I tried. I probably wouldn't have watched it even if I was here while it was airing.

Spoken like a true 30 something unable to accept how old they really are.

No one cares what you think

its true you seem as children to me.

even though you are powerless against time, you can still live. the fact that you feel nostalgia and regret means there is something in you that wants to reach higher. there is no perfect life, just your own.

Haha literally me

OP does. In fact he asked me exactly that.

Too much of it is self destructive and can lead you down the CWC road
Otherwise, it's perfectly normal to reminisce.

Sup Forums is a bunch of middle aged adults having their mid life crisis.

You wish.

You should only re-watch slice of life shows. Others won't live up to your hype fueled first watch.