The movie industry is clearly suffering if theyre running articles like this

The movie industry is clearly suffering if theyre running articles like this

twitter.com/business/status/945725663708942336

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/02/star-wars-the-last-jedi-why-disney-is-pressuring-u-s-theaters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expensive concessions for one.
It's really not all their fault, it's just that most movies coming from Hollywood are shit.

I legitimately haven't been inside a theatre since the last Lord of the Rings movie. Never going back.

People just need to keep boycotting/pirating
Starve the beast

an original script.

>12 dollars for a pop and popcorn

no singles policy

Stop forcing politics into movies. People go the movies to escape reality for a few hours, not to be lectured about muh powerful wahmen and muh diversity

Yes. Thank god, maybe they will get creative and quit making stupid fucking movies about comic books and goddamn emojis. Hit them where it hurts boys. Money talks.

Maybe there should be movies that people would be willing to subject themselves to, because every time I search I can't find any?

that and no more cgi

Expensive concessions and shit movies.

Also lack of private booths for oral sex during films.

>want to just watch a movie at theater with something to drink and popcorn with your qtpie
>$54
>can't have sex
>stupid niggers talking on their phones
>want to just watch a movie at home with something to drink and popcorn with your qtpie
>$2
>can have sex
>no niggers at all
Hmmmm I wonder why.

They should allow actual creative people to realize their inspired ideas, rather than producing 90 minutes of bullet-point based garbage aimed at cashing-in on current social trends and fads

>he doesn't give blowjobs in public
what are you, gay?

Went to the cinema yesterday. 2 adults and 2 children cost $67 dollars for tickets only.

More white guys who hate their high-paying upper middle class jobs. Those were always great.

The only time I ever go to the cinema anymore is if my girlfriend wants to go. Interestingly enough, though, I have seen a marked decline in the amount of people watching movies. I go maybe once per year, and they are all fucking deserted now. Maybe if they stopped making PC shit about how evil white people are, and stop ramming remakes down everyone's throat like they aren't going to notice - maybe then I'll go. Fuck (((hollywood)))

>Penis inspection at the door

No thanks.

No one wants to watch propaganda produced by perverts and faggots.

Blade Runner 2049 was the only movie I paid for this year and it was worth it. Make more movies like this hollywood.

Movies are shit for a few reasons:
1.) Too expensive. 20 dollars minimum for 90 minutes of entertainment isn't an efficient use of money.
2.) Shitty format. Movies are either too short to tell a proper story, or end up getting too long and boring. Sitting on your ass for 3 hours straight isn't fun or comfortable unless you're the fattest of Amerilards.
3.) 95 percent of films are created solely for merchandising or political propaganda. Why the fuck would anyone pay to watch an advertisement?

I honestly couldn't tell you a movie made in the last 10-15 years. All garbage. Makes for awkward conversations at work.
>Have you seen X?
>Never heard of it

And in addition to that: Tell a good story!

/thread

If they made movies as entertaining as Sup Forums, I might go. Probably not though. Can't shitpost in the theater.

That is how leftists escape reality.

Disney forced every theater to feature their steaming pile of shit for 4 weeks in their biggest best theater. And everyone stopped going to Star Wars after the first weekend. Every theater is stuck with their crown theater being vacant for 2 more weeks.

I have a very nice HD tv and a very nice surround sound system. It rivals the theater in movie watching experience and I don't have to worry about people talking. I can pause the movie to take a piss or go get another beer.

The theater is less and less impressive every year.

Dude the Matrix was redpilled as fuck. And Office Space was funny enough.

I'd go to the movies if that nigger Robert would give me my popcorn

awwwww poor wittle kikels can't make as many shekel-leckels anymores because the bad nasty white goyims are waking up. wittle kikels better watch out because because white debilz might be getting ready to shoah poor innocent kikels yet again

Good. Keep it that way. An empty movie theater is a choice place for a first/2nd date to get some action without having to pony up the money for a motel.

The new Thor movie they are now filming looks good

In the last 10 years all the movies I thought I'd like turned out to be total garbage, and not necessarily for political reasons. Even the rare few movies I was really excited to see were total shit.

I'm not leaving the house to watch a movie that wouldn't be worth the time it takes to torrent, let alone the price of a ticket.

they need to do two things

1. cut the politics and sjw trends out of movies, they are supposed to be escapes from the shitty 9 to 5, not a tounge and cheek tribute.

2. segregated movie showings.

I refuse to go to the theatre closest to me because the last two times were the loudest movies I ever heard in my life. I was concerned for my hearing, plugging my fuckin ears during parts the first time. The second time, I walked out and told the manager, and the nigger is like, "Oh it's supposed to loud."

Fixing that would be a starting point.

lol

Im confused at what you mean by this. Do you mean they made it so that the only movie that could be watched in all of the theaters was the new star wars?

Well they might start with "movies that are actually worth driving to the theater and paying an assload of money to see"

Life ban?

If the films are worth watching, people will go see them ASAP. Otherwise, they'll wait for them to pop up elsewhere. The theaters are caught in the middle of a shitty entertainment storm right now and they are not in a strong position to change things.

That's were they get their money though. some 90% of the movie ticket prices into the pockets of hollywood fatcats.

Yes. They had insane demands for theater owners

Oh sh--

Simple answer:
When they create something worth viewing on the large screen I'd be happy to oblige.
If they continue with pic related they won't receive a fucking dime.

>I legitimately haven't been inside a theatre since the last Lord of the Rings movie. Never going back.
That is my story as well. Was worth it, but never again.

Yeah lol the polack whipped it out peewee style

You, your Wife and her 2 sons?

This.

give me anime and kaiju screenings and I'll think about it kikes

Local Cinema barely has people visit it
Yet they tore out all their best comfy seats to put in smaller plastic ones with cup holders so they had more capacity

So instead of comfy chairs with leg room, they have smaller ones with no leg room and a cup holder poking you

Sup Forums still hasn't recovered. Its sad really.

>segregated movie showings
This. The last few movies I have gone to were ruined by black women constantly talking and joking with each other loud enough for the entire audience to hear their conversation. And whenever anybody tells them to shut up it only makes it worse because they get all confrontational about it. All you can do is hope they shut up because confronting them will only cause a scene and make it 100X worse.

Why do they have to ruin everything?
Why can't they just shut the fuck up for 2 hours?

Let me drink and smoke.

Seriously, why do I want to leave my house to sit somewhere uncomfortable with a shitload of rules, no alcohol, and loud niggers.

Can't stand movie stars and celebrity worship. You don't know anything about these people and they don't give a shit about you. They just want your money and attention.

Stop making anti-white films.
Stop making superhero films.
Stop making movies where dramatic scenes are undercut with a joke.

They should be asking how do we get middle class white people to see out movies about how evil they are.

I yanked it to legolas. He was such a pretty woman.

let's go back to segregated movie theaters

What's the matter, goyim? Come watch our (((movies))).

dont let him drink or smoke and ill go to movies

>>he doesn't give
Wut?

Truly a patrician wank.

It's to drown out the niggers whooping and screaming

this

>Hollywood think people are just to lazy to go and see their movies in 2017

They are never going to get it are they? Always an excuse as to why their propaganda machine is in collapse other then every single movie that now comes out has some sort of PC angle in it.

Is this how civilizations die? The wealthy just become too detached from reality and it ends up degenerating society?

The last time I went to a movie theater was for the SAO movie that aired sometime this year. Before that I haven't been in one in almost 10 years. Maybe more anime showings will get me to go. Although I felt awkward with all the white kids in the room.

I culturally appropriated Stomp The Yard with an Asian in 2007. I haven't watch a tv series since House MD was cancelled.

Wtf is this? Seeing films alone, good ones, is highly enjoyable.

Literally just bring back feel good 80's style action flicks. Stop having brown and grey shakycam garbage that shoves a hackneyed political message down my throat. Stop having garbage remakes that nobody wanted, nobody goes to see, and everybody hates.

You know, I always hated how cgi became mainstream and how lazy it is. And people would always go no man, Cgi takes tons of skill!

the worst part is the white man who helps the nogs after

Bullshit walks.

Originality, you sequel, remake FUCKS!

They should just suck it up and allow streaming for the price of a movie ticket before some other big corp buys the rights to do so.

If I had money to invest I could be rich.

Yes.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/02/star-wars-the-last-jedi-why-disney-is-pressuring-u-s-theaters/

Basically if you want your theater to show The Last Jedi, your theater must agree in advance to show The Last Jedi on all of your largest screens for at least four weeks no matter if anyone is actually attending those showings or not, and 70% of all box office receipts must go directly to Disney

These contracts are proving disastrous as The Last Jedi has the single largest first week to second week box office drop in history. It had a massive opening weekend but the second weekend close to three-quarters of the audience were no-shows.

There was bad word-of-mouth because of a series of nonsensical and insulting scenes like this.

They need more good prison rape scenes.

Nothing really. I have a good enough home entertainment setup that I don't need to go to a theater to enjoy a movie. Less hassle, cheaper, and no annoying fucking kids.

Remove popcorn

Fucking why do you pick a snack that is loud to eat? Fucking why. God damn. I want to eat a movie in silence.

Food is shit, movies are worse, people are annoying.

Gas the jews

>expect kids to pay more than a monthly netflix fee to sit in a dark room where they can't use their phone and watch a "long youtube"

Those 2 films are literally better than 99% of what has been produced since 2008 and they are not even great.

Not all of thier screens, just the biggest ones. Disney takes 55% of ticket prices, if the cinema stops showing star wars on its biggest screens, they have to cough up 70%

Checked.

The fact is that a shitty society can only be upheld by the people's complacency, and that only comes with bread and circuses.

Note the saying is bread AND circuses. If you lose the circuses but only have the bread, you still lose the people because they will become extremely upset without entertainment to detach them from their shitty lives, even if their bellies are full.

The left will eventually erode all circuses (games, movies, tv, music, sports) until nothing is left. We've already seen how pissed off the NFL fiasco made people. Just wait.

You wanna know what I want? What I fucking want?

I want you to get out of the way of the autists and the freaks who actually know a damn about film. How the hell can we call ourself a country of we don't even have some good art? Fucking a, I don't even care if it's left wing ideological bullshit, just give me someone who knows their shit about filmmaking.

I haven't seen this. Is it any good?

Star Wars asked for like 80% of ticket sales
The only way they can stay in business is by highering the food prices
Disney is ruining theaters

Movie theaters will have to go the route of the theatre. Make it appeal to elites and charge huge ticket prices for limited engagements.

Make better movies retards. I also don't want to go to Chinese AMC.

>please pay us to brainwash you with Jewish propaganda
No thank you.

Because it is insanely profitable. Amazon sells popcorn kernals $12 for 5 lbs. 5 lbs makes numerous large tubs of popcorn. Probably at least 20 tubs. They sell each tub for $10 each. And they are probably buying their kernals for even less since they buy in bulk.

Popcorn is like a 10,000% markup and profit.

Go to late night showings, not on the night of release. These are the showings I usually go to and they crowd is typically a lot more quiet and mature. Maybe its just the theater and location though.

It's amazing they found a living breathing trashcan-looking human being even less interesting and capable than a bucktoothed 7-foot aquatic CG dachshund with a voice like a kazoo getting fucked by a blue whale. It must have been for merchandising purposes. They just had a shitload of old R2D2 toys laying in a vault somewhere, and so they just painted them yellow and put a tuff of Barbie hair on them.

>behold our diverse movie goyim, with British space apes mound pounding a mobile riceburger

>what's it gonna take to get you in the theater goy?!
Romcoms about funding true love while gassing kikes

this is what people are turning into. they would rather have us rot on our couches than go out with friends to the movies.