Best alternative to a gun in self defense?

For people who aren't allowed to own guns due to either medical history or imprisonment, what would you consider to be a good alternative for self defense?

Bow & arrow? Javelins? I know it sounds silly, but in a self defense situation it could save your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo
amazon.com/dp/B01MAXM8ZI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VXEGV13RGSDU&colid=3HYESGWT55X42&psc=0
youtu.be/gRyXv2J3Jrw
youtube.com/watch?v=5EgO5XGcjtk
youtube.com/watch?v=1cWROn6d40I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/k/

Dumbass. Put your stupid thread on the correct board, you waste of epidermis.

Honestly? A 7-9 inch combat knife. Get a good one, too, like a KBAR. The Becker is probably my first recommendation. Practical, powerful, concealable. Although this will still be considered a "weapon" in most states, so if you get caught with it, you'd be in trouble.

>samurai sword
If you're proficient with a sword then you can slice through anything that tries to attack you. You also have the ability to block the majority of blows (obviously can't block a bullet until you get really good)

I make bows/arrows and shields at home.
It's fun but a bow and arrow would be shit at home defense. Get a baseball bat if you can't do a gun.

Automatic crossbow with a knife strapped to it. You essentially get a shitty gun with a bayonet. You can find out how to make one online.

Get a gun.

.50 cal air rifle. not regulated by US govt

Can't until I move out of Cali due to the laws here

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

But if you had legitimate fears that you were gonna be attacked, I would probably prefer a spear. It keeps the attacker at a distance. I choose these weapons because they don't really require any training to use. If you know how to use one, a bow would also be a solid contender.

But, overall, I think blades/spears are easier to use and cheaper.

300 spartans

IDGAF about laws. Get a gun.

pic related

Probably a crossbow u can keep it loaded a bow requires Energy to pull and Some might feel weak if they wake up middle of the night ,

A healthy body.
Now go to the gym, Amerifat.

Black Powder Revolver

You can get one shipped to your door no questions asked legally. They're more complicated to load and operate than a centerfire revolver, but they're not considered a firearm legally.

Personal defense or home defense?

>Tyrone, give these niggas a volley

On the go:
Boxing/Martial arts training
Pepper spray
Knife

Home:
Sword
Polearm
Bow/arrow

Don't forget about bullet resistant clothing. Jackets, peacoats, vests, etc

So is it accurate or am I gonna shoot a target 10 yards away & it's going to go 20 feet to the left?

A machete. A pike. A lance. Literally firecrackers, get yourself some asian firecrackers, the type that can create holes in the dirt and blow up your hand to pieces. Buy a bastard sword and learn to drive that rhing towards people, gee i fond know, there plenty of things, you can even buy a crossbow, i don't think theres regulation for that. If you are a scrawny guy or a fat fuck then weapons that require strenght or agility aren't your thing, so stick to homemade explosives or something.

If you buy a steel revolver, you can even get a conversion cylinder and load cowboy ammo.

Looks nice.

I think I'll go with a sword like this, a spear, some armor, and I'll look into archery/crossbows a bit.

I live in a middle class area that's recently been raided a lot by niggers from a ghetto city, if I get shot & die while defending myself with a sword then maybe I'll end up in the news about how ridiculous California's gun laws are & how they don't help anyone. I'd be a martyr

You can buy projectile tazers they go for about the same price as a Glock 19

I actually second the armor bit. If you're gonna do this mideval style, we might as well go all the way. Biker gear is probably your best bet, and I can't help but mention how sexy weighted biking/sap gloves are. They protect your hand and can make a limp-wristed faggot punch like Chuck Liddell. Pic related

States regulate them. I have to register anything above .18. Although they are super neat super quiet too

>glass breaks
>roll out of bed
>start pulling chainmail over head
>get tangled in the groggy darkness
>manage to free one arm
>other arm pinned up neck to your neck
>grab big fucking claymore with one hand
>jingle jangle into hallway
>niggers laugh at you as you slowly smack your unwieldy spear cutter into drywall

Sabersmith.com
Make sure you buy local fag. Here is a made in USA brand

youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo
>Home robbery
You have a huge advantage with a blade, especially a sword. You just hide against the wall at the door and chop their head off when they enter the room

I've seen shit projectile tazers hit people in the chest & do about as much damage as an airsoft gun, besides the burglars around here are always wearing heavy coats, multiple layers of clothing & so on, so there's a high chance that it wouldn't even touch their skin

reloading a crossbow takes much more time than a bow plus its louder.

i got myself a bow

Do u sleep with it ready to go?

Empty the propellant of a dozen firework into a metal tube. Light fuse, throw and cover.

That's pretty funny, but no I was thinking more along the lines of a bulletproof vest

oh I thought you were going full larp.

Pole arms pretty much beat everything else hand to hand. Thats why they were used on the battle field so much.

More like:

>hears niggers breaking in
>quickly grabs spear and hides around a corner
>waits until the right moment, charges, and impales one niggers lungs from 4+ feet away, then retreats back to cover
>other niggers flee like they always do
>unfortunate nig coughs up blood until early death

antique gun loophole

arrays of microwave transformers mounted in rubber-cast rpg-look alikes that fire ion beams and absolutely neutralize all electronics, paired with personal faraday cage chainmail

This sounds like setting up a trap which is actually illegal in California kek

Since when have laws stopped people from having guns when they aren't supposed to?

slingshots are cheap
easier to carry and faster to deploy than a bow
amazon.com/dp/B01MAXM8ZI/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VXEGV13RGSDU&colid=3HYESGWT55X42&psc=0

I'm not allowed to have a gun in cali- that being said, if I were to defend myself with a gun & ended up killing someone I would end up spending the rest of my life in prison, might as well let the burglar rob my house & hide in the closet rather than use an illegal gun.

Which is why I'm asking about legal alternatives to guns

Zyklon B in a supersoaker.

lmao just dont tell anybody :^)

>let the burglar rob
dude, the vast majority of burglars rob when there is nobody home

The Uzi 9mm.

>In the US
Buy an antique firearm. Anything manufactured before 1898 typically works, states may not allow you to.

>C96
>Nugget
>Tons of revolvers
>Certain shotguns

Outside of US
>Black powder firearms if legal
Then
>Crossbow if legal

>Why not bow
They're shit home defense as they can't be preloaded.
>Why not javalins
Why not rocks?

>Anything else
Sturdy short club

i guess combo of handheld taser and mace. if he's got a gun though i guess you're fucked. perhaps research an improv flashbang grenade or similar blinding apparatus that can either be legal or at least untraceable and easily destroyed

only crossbow i would use is this one, too bad its not on the market anymore.

youtu.be/gRyXv2J3Jrw

I'm often home alone with 0 cars in the driveway, I've had stuff stolen from the front yard of my house while I was in the back of my house & the risk is just too high these days with the negro population booming. About 2 months ago I woke up to someone stepping on a bunch of leafs in my front yard at 12 at night, looked out my window & it was a homeless guy looking through the windows of the first floor of my house, we chased him off & gave him a few words, he never came back

The burglars here are all drugged up on acid & meth so who knows what they're going to do

A single mother is one of the mods, believe it or not. Her name is BEAM and she was the one behind the neofag fiasco on Sup Forums.

>Sgt. Smith: Wow, user, these look like bullet holes
>Nah bro lol
>Forensic experts: These guys were definitely killed by a gun
>B-b-but it was self defense so it's cool right?
>sheeeit

...what did you do?

This is an off topic thread to be sure, but I'll bite. You can get a pistol crossbow off amazon for like 30 bucks, and a bundle of bolts to go with it for maybe 10. Wala, silent, deadly home defense thats been killing animals and people since the dark ages, hell the one I have even has a hand crank making reloading laughably easy.

sword and buckler with a bow and arrows

it worked for thousands of years

I'll look at some antique firearms, I'm interested in that air powered .50 cal rifle but I don't want to have to feed a single bullet in the gun every time I have to fire it, so I'll see what californias laws are about antique guns

superior nippon steel

SHALL NOT

I'd rather not use a katana, I don't want to have to run like naruto

Idk why I didn't think of that earlier. Mace is an excellent idea, pretty sure it is legal self defense for anyone in the US -- don't quote me on that. Could definitely close the gap long enough for you to use melee on them, especially if they are armed. Bear spray is less concentrated but will spray much farther.

lube

inb4 enjoy the ban faggot

Yeah, maybe a combo of a spear, shield & bear mace would be good. (the shield only being so if I have to stab the burglar with my spear, I can push the spear against him to help pull the spear out)

It would be a shame if I'm defending myself in melee & my weapon were to get stuck in a burglurs chest

DIY my nigga
>diy slamfire shotgun (untraceable, legal in many states) made with no tools for under $25
youtube.com/watch?v=5EgO5XGcjtk
>convert a flare gun to fire .22lr, 9mm, 45acp
youtube.com/watch?v=1cWROn6d40I

Go back to your larp fucking snow nigger, Muhammad's have already taken over Germany how about you do something with yourself instead of boasting about your daddy issues & hitler.

You're pro-white race, but fly the Nazi flag LOL. Hitler did more damage to Europe than all the Jews ever wish they could.

>Air rifle
It's honestly a shittier effect for more money.

Anyway, one other important caveat is that felons typically can't own commerical ammo. So, you might need to buy a weird gun that rarely has ammo made for it like a hand nugget

>Macing someone in an enclosed space

Kek

suck the robbers dick then.

Claw hammer or a wrecking bar

Just swing it at them. Forget the Jackie Chan shit.

Look to the past. They knew what worked.

Short sword is best
Dagger is second best

If outdoors, spear/polearm is best. Long sword/axe is second best.

A bow will work, but they're cumbersone indoors.

Other than being swole as a deterrent. It's not bad to know how to throw a knife. Pretty hard to explain to the cops though.

why convert the flare gun so small when most are already 12 gauge?
wouldn't it be better to just go down to like a 20 gauge but still shotgun shell

I don't want to end up like varg, who stabbed a guy so many times in self defense that they convicted him of murder lmao

Throwing knifes are the most retarded shit. Hardly fatal and you only get one shot and if you miss your opponent has a knife

if you watch the video they also shoot buckshot and birdshot

If someone threw a knife at me I'd laugh as it harmlessly bounces off my jacket and then pick it up and stab them with it.

I'll probably go with a gladius, I can get one well made for $500. A bow & arrow along with a bulletproof vest & a shield depending on the situation.

Great choice user. A shortsword would be pretty practical for most situations.

>oh hey we got this teenager who stabbed some guy to death, has an ok defense
>oh shit hes a total edgelord lets call it murder and peg him with those church burnings

Wrist mounted mini-crossbow,

Why hasn't a mod killed this thread yet? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Let's face it none of you faggots would stand a chance against a criminal with a gun without your own.
SAGE

I need to see that screencap again

Blackpowder pistols/rifles/shotguns dont require any paperwork and can be sent directly to your house.

Probably a blade if you just want to buy something. Otherwise, it's possible to acquire/even build a gun if you really want to (and if you are honestly concerned about self-defense, you really want to).

I vote for short spear.
Stab at a distance, but keep it short for flexibility and dynamic movement.

If I can't have my 10mm then I'm going to have to go with a $26 cheapo kukri. That's just me though, what do I know.

btw, here's what in use in Poland:

I mean don't call the police.

Can I practice with it at the range?

Close quarters: A club or blunt weapon as last resort. Don't trust the bros saying use a knife. It's legality is iffy. More importantly, knives kill slowly in combat because they bleed someone out, which takes time. You won't get an easy killing blow tonan artery in combat. You want to drop them quickly. A bludgeoning weapon is better for staggering and disabling. Look it up. Knives are the worst self defense weapons in existence.

If you can secure pepper spray or mace legally that's your best option. Seriously. It's effective.

Long range: A sling. Seriously. Until the advent of the longbow slings were usee concurrently with archers for most of history. The roman empire used them extensively. Long spinning slings are a pain, and meant for extreme distance where they aren't accurate. Use an overhead single motion sling. Basically you make a throwing motion over your head, and a sling transfers more momentum. Rocks or pebbles fired from an overhead sling load and fire faster than you'd think, and can easily kill or shatter bones. They can penetrate at a similar power to some bullets, but transfer more kinetic energy due to larger mass.

They're also easily concealed. Hair ties. Belts. Necklaces. You get the idea. They're no guns, but they're effective. Romans used them for a reason, and they penetrate HARD.

So it's legal there to kill the intruder as long as you don't use a gun to do so? That seems like proper California logic

>Leaving your bow strung like a noob.

CA is banning pepper spray on Jan 1.

>wood saw blades

Fucking ROFL.

80% lower my dude. Not for self defense as you're not allowed to own firearms, but just for range fun