Kazuma mentions multiple times that he's not attracted to Megumin...

>Kazuma mentions multiple times that he's not attracted to Megumin, he just gets caught up in her mood when she flirts with him since he's weak to it
>He's worried that he'll be the kinda guy to think he's in love with a girl just because she has feelings for him, doesn't want that
>Megumin gives him a heartfelt confession
>He instantly drops his spaghetti and confesses back
>Can't think of a single reason why he loves her (he had far more to say about Eris even)
>Clearly just did exactly what he was trying not to do
>Zero romantic development from Kazuma's side the whole series, no reason to belive he has any legitimate romantic feelings for Megumin
>She's practically the opposite of his type
>People think they'll end up together

It's pretty clearly being set up as a learning experience for Megumin, having to get over her love after Kazuma (inevitably fucks it up). He's just gotten swept up in her mood, he doesn't feel for her the way she wants him to and sooner or later she'll realise all she has is one sided affection.

why are you acting like konosuba is some serious love drama

shipfags are the worst

That's actually my thoughts too, the romantic sections are the absolute weakest because they do nothing but tease development that's not really ever shown.

Just give Kazuma to Iris or Chris and call it a day, the back and forth between Darkness and Megumin has long since run dry.

Yes.

This hurts my soul....
But it sounds just like Kazuma :'(

He was legitimately decent when in bed with her. For all his terrible reputation and his big talk, he went out of his way to make absolutely certain he wasn't pushing her further than she really wanted.

Was good I think, since he's been accused of having cold feet and for always messing up those kinda situations, but this time he knew exactly what he was doing and took an honest route. Was unexpectedly respectable of him

The dynamic is Kazuma is the father, Aqua is the mother, and Megumin is their daughter.

How does Darkness fit into that? Is she the dog?

I'd probably react the same way to any girl liking me.

Kazuma shows interest in her, even if she doesn't have his body type or doesn't have the personality he wishes she had; it's just that he has no love experience and doesn't know how to make his move.
During explosion vol 4 she said to Yunyun and Iris that she was playing an adult tactic on him that was pretty retarded just to show off.
What can he do if one day she tells Kazuma how much she likes him and the next she acts cold like nothing happened?
I wish Kazuma would man up and tell her to fuck off so she stops messing around.

It's understandable, lots of people would and Kazuma's quite savvy for recognising it really.

She's the creepy uncle that no one really likes.

Aqua's Sister, or the cool aunt

He's in denial. He is the closest to Megumin of all the girls and is using her looks as an excuse to not go all the way with her. She is the only girl who is neither "friendzoned" or "ideal zoned".

Darkness, Iris, and Eris are all framed as Kazuma's ideals. Darkness is the ideal fuck, Iris the ideal sister, and Eris the ideal heroine. They are ideals and not practical wives/girlfriends. His relationships with those girls is so less open than when he's with Megumin, even though he would fuck Darkness or marry Eris if given the chance.

Muv-Luv comes to mind here. You already have a cute girl who you have a great relationship with, but your ideal girl comes into the picture. It's hard for your brain to make a decision even if you heart already has.

>Kazuma would man up
The charm of this series in my mind is that the characters are lovably flawed. The 'romance' in the series is mostly Kazuma interacting with his group professing sexual interest but failing to deliver because in reality he's a goof and a coward who doesn't want a serious relationship at all.
This is why the only characters he cares about are Eris and the succubut, completely unobtainable. He doesn't take Aqua seriously as a woman and Lalatina is way too easy. This leaves Megu as the character you would think would 'win', however the series has made it clear what kind of character Kazuma is. There will be no resolution, the romance is only there to support the character interaction and show off the appeal of the girls while making fun of kazuma at the same time.
This is why the WN ended the way it did.

>Muvluv

A better example is picking an imperfect 3D girl over a perfect 2D waifu. You don't have to give to the 2D waifu, but for the 3D there are compromises and a real give and take.

Takeru didn't have romantic feelings for Sumika though so it's not the same.
>Kazuma
>give and take
more like take

is this from the light novel?

Why don't people warn about spoilers

Even if you gave Megumin Wolbach's proportions, Kazuma would still be very shy around her, because he's already opened himself up to her and is too afraid of hurting her or himself.

His relationship with Darkness herself is a lot more shallow and emotionally charged, which is why he's more willing to have sex with her.

I do feel Kazuma and Aqua have an already married couple dynamic both of them are equally unserious. I do see your reasoning though. I haven't read the LN yet but it seems Iris(?) seems to mess things up quite a bit with dynamics

Aqua is best for bullying

Except when Megumin says she's gonna play around with other guys to taunt him he doesn't even care, he pushes her on a group date just the same.

Megumin should just keep loving explosions only

I originally thought that Aqua would be the main heroine and there would be some dynamic with her and Kazuma, but, nope. Was a surprise to realise there's nothing at all, not even a single hint of romantic attraction between them.

That said though, she does clearly want him to desire her, she gets really upset when he points out that he's got no interest in her. But, I think her personality puts him off, just way too much.

It's interesting though, because of all the main cast, Aqua is the only one we've never gone into, we've only seen a tiny fragment of the story from her perspective. So we don't know how she truly feels.

All Sup Forums's talk about her being a slut is deconfirmed though, since she does point out that she's chaste/has her chastity

Too late, she's head over heels for him

“I love this uncomposed side of you, Kazuma. You have a lot of self-awareness, and when we meet some powerful enemies you won’t try to be manly or anything and protect us girls. Instead, you willingly use Darkness as a shield. Also, you don’t have the guts to do anything cruel, but you aren’t needlessly righteous about what you do either. You’ll do bad things when no one is looking, and you’ll do good things when you feel like it. You are a paradoxical, uncomposed normal person.”

“If you’re in debt then you’ll work hard, if you’re wealthy then you’ll stop working. If you’re in a good mood you’ll be gentle, if you’re in a bad mood then you’ll be vicious. You seem to think about your companions, but at the same time you’ll won’t hesitate to give your party members the short straw. Even though you seem really smart and flexible, sometimes you’ll do some unimaginably dumb things…”

>Aqua is the only one we've never gone into
They're almost certainly saving her development for last, just like in the WN
That's how it generally works with the main girl, they get the most focus at the beginning and end of the story

“Finally, I love you, who always complains about every little thing, but chooses to help everyone in the end. Even though you aren’t straightforward with us, I understand that you are truly kind at heart. When it should be time for you to make a move, you decide not to – just like you are now. You can’t act cool, and you drop the ball at crucial moments, but that is the you that I love.”

But, unfortunately, all she gets in return is

Megumin already said that she likes me, then I should say something back to her.

“M-Megumin. Uhm, you said you love me right? Well…Uhm…I think I also love you too!”

And done!

“…Really? What do you like about me?”

“…Um, well, like…explosion magic and such…?”

“If you really have nothing to say, do you think that throwing some explosion magic gibberish would make this better?”

>That said though, she does clearly want him to desire her, she gets really upset when he points out that he's got no interest in her.

I don't have memory of this, can someone refresh it to me?

There's a few times, she starts crying and attacks him after Darkness returns from the wedding when she talks about how she was in danger in the stables and he plainly rebuts that would never happen.

Then again later when he's got no interst in bathing with her.

Kazuma belongs to Wiz.

But Megumin will suffer the pain of a heartbrzak. After all, if Kazuma doesn't chooze any girl Iris wins by default. Because the one who defeats the Demon King will be authirisd to larry the princess.

Oh, you are right. It's just that I kinda fast-read that volume because Darkness is kinda boring to me.
Although, the part where darkness' father was close to death laying in the bed was a quite touching moment.

Kazuma got an int debuff there

Yeah, he was much smoother with Eris

What kind of person did you think I am?”

She stared at me with the flower close to her nose.

“You are of course… a person who silently and continuously worked hard alone, the only person I respect.”

“… I-Is it? Like this huh. Never mind. Yes. This is fine.”

“Oh. Embarrassed? Are you embarrassed, Big Boss?”

“You are long-winded and annoying, Assistant-kun. Shut up.”

“Even with your back turned towards me, I know. You are blushing so hard that even your ears are red. Eris-sama is really cute. Marry me?”

isnt it kind of ironing that aqua mocks kazuma for neet but many of the mantras her people chanting stereotypically neet excuses

Who has the strongest de jure claim on Kazuma? Whose rightful clay is he?

He proposed to Eris-sama.
Took Iris' marriage ring.
Confessed to Megumin, received blessing from her mother.
Kidnapped Lalatina during her wedding, attempted to have sex with her and received blessing from her father.
Agreed to have kids with Yunyun.
Fapped next to Aqua.

He definetely won't hesitate if he has a chance with Eris but he knows it's impossible.
Iris is just his "little sister" no matter how bad people think about him he is not going to cross that line.
He can't deal with Darkness' perversion.
Aqua will never be seen by him as something more than a friend.
Then you have Megumin, who has confessed to him and is not a pervert like darkness, not dumb like aqua, not impossible like Eris and of marriage age unlike Iris.

So I think there is not much where to pick. The problem is I don't think that ship will ever sail anyway no matter how much it's pushed.

>The problem is I don't think that ship will ever sail anyway no matter how much it's pushed
I'd like to see an ending where Megumin hits him with explosion and Aqua gives up on finding the body.

>....
>:'(
You have to be 18+ to post here.

This, Konosuba is great for the dialog and the character interactions. Romance is not the writer's strong point, and whenever it happens, it drags down the pacing of the story.

Konosuba without romance is far superior than one with romance.

>Romance is not the writer's strong point

I strongly agree with this, I have seen very bad love writing but konosuba is by far the worst. The author tries to make a comedy-romance but it just doesn't work.

Eris is a combination of not being interested in romance because she is too concerned about her duties as goddess, helping people, and cleaning up Aqua's mess.

Then combine that with her adventures with Mr. Assistant and she sees Kazuma as a trusted friend and confidante BUT NOT as a romantic possibility.

That without mentioning that we don't know how the rules in the world work, maybe goddesses aren't even allowed to engage into a relationship with mere mortals.

I only watched the anime, seems like they must have cut out all the dumb romance/serious parts.
The reason I like this series so much is that the romance is used for the comedy in the anime, instead of the romance being another part of the story. It doesn't feel like a romance in any sense just watching the anime.

Good point, there could be rules that forbid it, either implicitly or said outright.

>maybe goddesses aren't even allowed to engage into a relationship with mere mortals
Would that mean Kazuma got the K1 treatment when he entered a contract with Aqua?

Megumin has named and claimed his "sword."

>I only watched the anime, seems like they must have cut out all the dumb romance/serious parts.

Not really, the romance starts in the next volume in an hypotethical season 3 when Megumin holds Kazuma's hand for the first time

But if you come to think about it, it already started when Kazuma died with the lizzards and came back, Megumin was all in tears.

>childhoodmemories.png

Do you need someone to talk to user?

Except his libido is clearly active, and Aqua clearly doesn't give a crap if he develops a romantic relationship with the other two girls.

Eris on the other story, heh. She would probably kill him first before it happens.

Wasn't K1's libido active for other girls?
I thought it was just Belldandy he couldn't feel sexual attraction towards

>anime only fags

>not even bothering to read before shitposting

He specifically said that if Iris wants to marry him he will

That's 100% speculation, she was super interested in his talk of romance with Darkness and Megumin, complained "Wait, am I the only one still a child?" And blushed like crazy when Kazuma praised her. She even admitted liking him to Megumeme.

I remember reading that, but I think he said that as a joke.

What chants?

so no one even going to consider the harem ending?

holy jesus I cant wait to read it when I get to this section

Nope, he was completely serious, he was talking to himself, explaining that he thought of Iris as his sister, but if she grew up and wanted to be his bride he would of course accept.

One of the best volumes imo. The one after sucks which is a shame, but the next one is good.

>he thinks a harem end is possible
>not a 'just a close adventurer party' end
>not megu marrying some other crimson demon to continue her family line
>aqua returning to her rightful place
>darkness marrying a fat old bald drunk
>kazuma going to the succubutt place every night for the rest of his life because Eris rejects him

Kazuma brought up the idea in the WN ending, Aqua got pissed and kicked him out of the mansion
Darkness is probably the only girl that would be okay with that shit

>>kazuma going to the succubutt place every night for the rest of his life because Eris rejects him
>no Kazuma turning into the new evil lord.

So what's up with the demon king anyway?

>Aqua sends a lot of young japanese to this new world with cheat items which ends with the world being unbalanced
>They change the world culture, such as the guy that created the destroyer and the crimson demon race
>Eris has to work in secret recollecting the cheat items left behind by the dead people aqua sent in the past
>Wolbach says that the demon king is actually a good person and most of the demon king bosses are actually decent people overall
>Demons are reasonable, they fill their contracts and work hard while nobles and royalty are corrupt, spoiled and abuse their authority

Who else wants the demon king to win here?

The current demon king is a former Aqua hero. And is by most accounts a fairly chill dude. Axis cult just slanders the fuck out of him.

Forgot to add, the axis cult is the one spreading false rumors about the demon king

>implying Kazuma isn't already the evil lord

He only just pretends to go to the succubus place every night. In reality he works to build his evil empire. An adventurer by day and evil overlord by night. One day after defeating all of his own demon lords, his party will advance to the heart of his own demon king castle where he will confront himself. Kazuma will then reveal himself and his plan - "You thought I was the demon lord? Haha, it was Moi all along!"

I like how the guy who drew that picture had to specify that it was milk.

It should be better if someone just killed Aqua in her sleep and be done with it.

You'll get shit on by Megumeme waifufags, but I agree with you OP.

And if the author really does intend on making this romance serious she's doing a pretty horrible job of it considering the romance subplots are actually the worst parts of the LN. Shame on her.

Isn't the ending of konosuba wn he chooses to be Eris assistant or something then go back to Aussie world and adventure with his harem?

excalibur and chunchunmaru

That would be stupid and hilarious at the same time.

V10

>Darkness comes to Kazuma's room at night and openly admits she wanted to let him play around with her as reward for all he'd done
>He gets mad and calls her a pervert

Yeah... She seemed to have a chance when he rescued her, but definitely seems like he's got no interst anymore.

“T-, That is… No, this incident could only be resolved thanks to your help, so… I thought that this time, instead of thanking you with something childish like a kiss on the cheek, I would give you something more earnest…”

“Ero-! You are just Ero-ness after all! During this kind of emergency, you came to creep into my bed!? Just how much of a depraved lecher are you!?”

“Y-Y-Y-, You’re mis-! I didn’t plan on going that far! I was just planning on something a bit more soft-…! Also, by the results, I saved you, didn’t I? So isn’t that fine!?”

I think that the reason kazuma always drops spaghetti, is because the trauma of his childhood (his childhood friend left him for other guy even when they promised get married), that is why he unconsciously ruin the moment where the status quo is going to break.

>Iris is just his "little sister" no matter how bad people think about him he is not going to cross that line.

Read again the lns

>I might be a NEET, but I’m not a lolicon.

>I only see Iris as a cute little sister.

>Though, in the future when she grows up; if she tells me that she wants to be onii-chan’s bride, then I won’t hesitate to fulfill her wish.

but she is a goddess, she cant be a NEET, she is a pure being, she will never be something as lowly as a NEET, no sir!

>Childhood friend dies
>comes to fantasy australia
>they meet when taking the same quest.
>Desesperate to get a good team since, tries to woo her way into Kazuma.

Agreed, Kazuma can fuck off for being gay.

Me and Megumin have true chemistry

Those tits look gross.

>She even admitted liking him to Megumeme.

When?

What? Megumin confessed to Kazuma?

Why do I get the feeling this whole thread is a bait?

Read LN Vol5

Was cringeworthy as fuck. The author literally tried to force that ship but the result was pretty bad. The whole chapter is fun if you remove that part.

But Kazuma rejected her, right? So saying stuff like
>The author literally tried to force that ship but the result was pretty bad.
is pretty pointless. If he really wanted to go that way, he would just do it.

>He is the closest to Megumin of all the girls

Meguminfags actually believe this.

>Wiz is a neutral party, and just wants to run her shop in peace
>Beldia only snapped after being harassed day after day by explosion magic
>Vanir feeds off negative emotions, but never actually harms humans and just wants to run a dungeon
>Hans only snapped after having to deal with crazy axis cultists every day, and destroying the cult's main source of income arguably would have made the world a better place as a whole
>Sylvia was just doing her job as a general, and only snapped after having to deal with crazy crimson mages
>Wolbach was just doing her job as a general, and sealed away her violent other half. She only tried to get it back to prevent herself from fading away

Kazuma's biggest desire back on Earth when he was still alive was telling his parents he wanted a not blood related imouto.

I guess you can kinda tell what kind of eroge Kazuma bought.

That wasn't his biggest desire, that was the thing he said immediately before the first time his parents beat him up.

Bakuen books are absurdly boring

Kazuma doesn't deserve such uninteresting trash character as Megumeme

The only foreshadowing we got about the current Demon King is that he was a former hero and that his personality was that of a loner who soloed everything including the previous Demon King.

The story kinda implied that he did something like a speed run and that being called a loner for the first time made him stop short of killing the previous Demon King before coming back the next day and say he was fine with being a loner and not having any party members and then proceeds to kill everybody and the story ends there.

So I guess the current Demon King is a Kirito kind of character except the Loner Version.

Yeah, I don't think Kazuma takes Megumin seriously.

In the recent volume, he gave everybody pretty good gifts except Megumin like she was just an afterthought.

He gave Aqua the best gift, some random stone because he remembered Aqua likes collecting random shit.

that's technically an offering, not a gift

>such as the guy that created the destroyer and the crimson demon race
Please explain.

Vol5 was when they started getting closer, and Vol9 was the confession. Everything in-between was Megumin cockteasing/flirting with Kazuma and him thinking too much. Kazuma spaghetti'd but accepted Megumin's confession, though you could chalk that up to him getting swept along in the mood too easily. Almost immediately after that he visits the succubus store, and then he goes back to fawning over his little sister.

read the books

>Megumin has been very Megumin in this volume, but I’ve decided that she should feel the stench of this love quite soon.
>I didn’t really intend to do so forcefully, but there is a limit to my skills as an innocent and inexperienced writer.
If it's any consolation, even the author thinks she overdid it a bit.

>But Kazuma rejected her, right?
No, Kazuma acted like the 99% of the MCs and was the good and kind guy and keep his feeling by himself. He was not / ourguy / this time
>is pretty pointless. If he really wanted to go that way, he would just do it.
No when your masterpiece will broken into another shitty isekai LN.

she fucked up
oh well, can't win them all. That's why lalatina exists. Bitch should be grateful such a great anime came out of her despicable isekai trash.