Hundreds of anime about high school girls

> Hundreds of anime about high school girls
> Barely anything about college aged girls

Why?

>Only watch fotm shit
>Never read manga

>How come there never any series about [Thing]

Gee I wonder

Japanese lose their souls when they hit puberty.

That wouldn't be fun to watch.

If it was any good it would get an adaptation

Quit shitposting.

>college girls
if you wanted a show about sluts kuzu's already doing that

They just don't get translated.

I mean, would you expect to see college students in Jump?

Not youthful anymore.

Some mangaka and some otaku seem to have that closed kind of mindset as criteria to buy and sell manga/anime (I sometimes do, sadly)

>not wanting a series about a group of high school friends getting into college and going into a downward spiral until they're all cynical, nigh emotionless husks
Come on now

College is garbage.

You're right, this needs to be funded now.

Eop's like OP exclusively read shonen jump

JDs are great, though.

otaku cannot into college so it's unfamiliar and uncomfortable

Neo-a has become too old for anime. It's time for you to go.

College girls have big books.

Liking old hags
Gross

fukken mangafag rekt af by the truth lmao

anime when?

artists cannot into college

This is your design student for the evening.

Imagine having such an awful work culture that you actually think school was the best part of your life

>activities: lacrosse
>major: ???

I have never worked a job that even approached university life.

There are plenty of JD manga, you know. They don't get adapted because university students don't really watch anime unless they're otaku, in which case they'd be watching JK stuff.

>Why?

Because most anime is aimed at younger teenagers.

Pretty much all Japan had going for it after its spirit was crushed was muh economic miracle, when that inevitably fails and the culture you have is bastardized and soulless you're kinda fucked

Easier to identify with imo
Pretty much everyone in the first world countries attended high school at some point. College, not necessary, especially if we're talking about otaku crowd. Higher chances of going neet, hiki, or becoming mangaka/animator in which case degree is virtually useless.
Also, universities don't have sailor uniforms so fuck that

.t someone who flunked out or couldn't even make it in

no because manga is the patrician medium and anime adaptations are to capitalize on burnout and plebian wallets

Steins;Gate featured college students. Dunno why more anime don't use them, it's pretty easy to make it work. I guess turbovirgin protags who get worked up over kisses would be less believable in such a settings.

>Why a media that targets kids, teens and manchildren doesn't try to appeal to college students.

Gee I wonder why.

lol

Turning Girls
Genshiken

college people don't have time in japan to read

Is there more where this came from, in terms of (suggested) belly service?

Asking for my uncle.

>lol

>>lol
get out

The JDs in iM@S are the best.

Japanese people have time skips as soon as they leave high school.

That's actually a very good idea. And should they try fighting against the system or should they just lose all hope and become Tang?

Part of the reason I really liked Genshiken. Having to be in college and face more defined responsibilities in every day life made relating to them so much easier.

Obv fell apart when it became a harem manga but it had a good run.

If only it weren't so irritating to go through Twitter for pics.

>humanities
gross

There are shows with people after high school. They're just targeted towards a different crowd besides Shoujo/Shounen. And obviously you're still the target demographic for children.

Shows focused on older girls also mostly focus on love stories and getting married. Since Japanese society puts so much pressure on women quickly rushing to get married.

>A german who apparently speaks fluent Japanese but not English
>"It's hard to learn languages"
?

>wish there were good manga about grad school
>find one
>the grad student drops out, then immediately and permanently enters a high school scenario

fucking why

Pretty glad it's socially unacceptable to just overshare your fetishes like this.

There goes my hero.

>humanities

>Settling for overripe fruit.

My fetish is plump girls, but this is the only attractive one of all the ones you've posted. Because a plump girl also needs massive hips and breasts to keep the correct proportions.

The primary argument you seem to get here is that there isn't nearly as many people interested in Anime that would identify with such a setting.

It's an argument I don't understand because even as young as 12 years old I strongly preferred more adult themes. k-12 school was garbage, and because I felt obligated to shoot for the top grade in every class, it was a non-stop grind of studying interspersed with assholes and judgmental bitches that talked down to me despite never being my intellectual equal.

All my favorite anime lack a significant school setting.

>I'm smarter than everyone else
>I only watch adult shows
>all my favorite shows lack a school setting

Pretty sure you're still 12 years old.

At this point I don't even think it's about habit as much as it is the fact that setting your story in a highschool completely absolves you of needing to come up with interesting settings, character designs, or even plot elements
Every room looks exactly the same or exactly how you would think a high school looks, all any character needs beyond their uniform is a single identifying feature like glasses or neon colored hair that make them completely stand out from every other student in the school, and conflict can be introduced at a moments notice by failing a test, having a big school event come up that the characters need to prepare for, some tacky young love can be thrown in there for good measure, etc.

>20
I wonder, aside from idoling, is Yuki a NEET?

It definitely stinks more of laziness to me. Especially the ones that are clearly only using a high school as a method of enforcing a familiar structure.

>magical land full of rare beasts to hunt! but we train you in a japanese styled high school
>world where heroes are needed to defend against demons! trained in a high school
>hell! but japanese high school
>800 year old vampire/demon/whatever emerges from a slumber! has to go to japanese styled high school

too old.

>judgmental bitches that talked down to me despite never being my intellectual equal

>You can only talk shit to me if you top your grades

Jeez bud, I wonder why you were hated.

because japan gets nostalgia from highschool days more than college days

thats why

please, give me dat source

You sound like an asshole, you probably deserved to be bullied

>talked down to me despite never being my intellectual equal

Because intellect is the only thing that matters, right? Everyone hated you because you were a shitty human being, intellect has no relevance to this.

Because high school or junior high school girls allow Animetors or Mangakas need to draw only one outfit:school uniform.
They don't need to bother thinking every girls' outfit everytime.

yeah, because they don't wear bloomers anymore...

It's an easy trope to fall into. Like you said, it gives too many easy answers to problems you would find while writing something. Also, remember that mangaka may or may not go to college, so the thing they have the most experience with is high school, making it even easier for them to keep writing about it. It's also an escapist media where the people that pour the most money into it are extreme shut-ins that basically hate the real world, while the normies just don't care enough to complain.

I don't think most shut ins have fond memories of highschool, case in point:

This dork.

A JD is fine too.

Unlike in America where the world supposedly opens up to you, in Japan it is much more foregone in what college and what levels of education you can pursue, I think.

Either that or College just doesn't exist in Nippon.

>college people don't have time in japan to read

jap uni students are busy slacking off!

true story!

after college entry exams, most japs just slack off.
their college is not really rigorous unless it's anything to do with engineering.

Exactly why they want to read about a high school where everything is perfect and everyone homes towards the mc's dick as long as he is a nice guy. Can you imagine if everyone wrote high school manga as if it was in a real high school?

...What does JD stand for?

Jousei,,,?

Yeah, basically its socializing and having big sex parties etc. where they lure fresh girls into their rape circles.

JY - Joshi Yochien - Kindergarten Girl (5-6)

JS - Joshi Shogakusei - Elementary School Girl (6-12)

JC - Joshi Chugakusei - Junior-high School Girl (12-15)

JK - Joshi Koukousei - High School Girl (15-18)

JD - Joshi Daigakusei - College Girl (18+)

thank you

Japan's one and only "real" university is TODAI.

The rest are just vocation schools, really specialized schools or high intense engineering or STEM schools

Fair enough. I guess what I was trying to get at is that their experience with High School doesn't really aid that much in the writing process when they just idealize the shit out of everything anyway.

I'm a grad student in Japan. I would watch a show about college kids because undergrad here is a joke, but grad school is just a buttload of hours in the lab running experiments and analyzing data. Why would you want a series about that? Also to people saying college students don't watch anime, it's time to stop pretending you know what Japanese college students do.

>they lure fresh girls into their rape circles.

wat

that's so 90s-2000s

don't hear stuff like that anymore

>major: ???

Economics

College isn't an age of endless party and freedom for Asians like it is for Americans. It's a soulless place of study your ass off.

For a moment I thought you were complaining about no manga about The Thing.
Parasyte was decent and all but what we really need is a Bodysnatching horror anime set in Antarctica.

Think how fucking awful it must be to be a nonwhite female. I dont even mean that in a misogynistic way

>Arab
we all know what this is like
>Asian
Either thrown down a well or "get married before 24 or youre fucked"
>Black
Literally not even your own race wants to date you, black girls are fucking crazy.
>Hispanic
See above

I've learned to appreciate American individuality and college stereotypes. Sure beats being pressed into an absolutely lifeless salary-man job.
I can look forward to vacations, time off, and i'm not as likely to kill myself from overwork!

wasnt she studying physics?

What about Kyodai?
Is it no good?

People there speak witht he Kansai accent.

Home Ec?

basically the story of nearly all japanese college students, no matter what major.

in the end, they all major in Home Ec.

English is one of the hardest languages in the world with the most ridiculous arbitrary and vague rules that exist probably only to make writers miserable.

German is easily 20x easier than English

True, which probably helps their version of high school to be even more bizarre, and would also explain why most of them can't write a woman even if their balls were on the line.

>tfw no Minami to lewd after class

Because you guys just mash words together and call it a day. Oh shit, it's an anime for adult, should we come up for a word for it? Nah das animederadulten. Also the word swine will be in there somewhere for no reason.

>ctrl+f
>TADA BANRI
>no result
TADA BANRI
A
D
A

B
A
N
R
I

>lewd
Well, you'd need to marry her first anyway.

>German is easily 20x easier than English

my point still stands murilard, english is a bitch language, you're lucky the bongs took over the world otherwise their shit language would have died on the isles.