Reminder that you are uneducated if you don't at the very least know basic calculus

Reminder that you are uneducated if you don't at the very least know basic calculus.

Other urls found in this thread:

archimedes-lab.org/Maths2_Multiplication.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfw 56 percent

>Mfw judging someones intelligence is based on practically the most useless form of math possible to everyday people

Super handy for lazy calculations. The more math you know the lazier you can be with solving problems correctly.

What if you studied it over 20 years ago, got As and Bs at a good university over 3 all three courses, and forgot almost all of it?

If you can't understand this you are a brainlet.

>Reminder that you are uneducated if you don't at the very least know basic calculus
>know
Gotta relearn it silly!

wrong

>brainlet.
back to /biz/
go suck a buttcoin

yeah i know basic calculus, i got an 89% on my AP calc AB final and saved my grade from 80% to an 81.9%

dis be sum numba n shit

its useless if you have a nigger tier job. Engineers use calculus all the time.

who /A in Calculus 2/ here

Taking multidimensional calc next semester. Wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK FAGGOT

>>all jobs that aren't STEM jobs are nigger-tier.
You and people like you are part of the problem.

>notating the integral of f(a) as F(a)
Ew

how is that ew if it's legit easy

never even passed basic algebra

It denotes the antiderivative m8.

yeah or just finding the area under the curve from a to b

>calling an antiderivative an integral

How does my comment about the choice of notation say anything about the difficulty of the concept?

Holy high school batman

Uneducated guy pulling down 600k a year thanks to my apparently shit education here. Thanks for the insight OP.

The integral is the area under the curve. That statement of the integral of f from a to b being equal to F(b)-F(a) is a theorem, not a definition.

i.e. It is not a given that integrals and antiderivatives are equivalent,

Where does that extra 1 come from on the left problem west quadrant

Where does that extra 1 come from on the right problem west quadrant

What do you do?

They explain it better.
archimedes-lab.org/Maths2_Multiplication.html

I cant even use this fucking site right kill me

>Uneducated

Still able to articulate a skillset that doesn't rely on memorized behaviors.

Im a Cardiovascular surgeon. Mind you I took calculus in school but cant be fucked to remember it.

Thanks man

Such a fitting ID on this one

I'm amazed at the wide variety of people that post here. There's lots of GPs and nurses on the we /doctor/ now threads but I've never heard of a cardiovascular surgeon on Sup Forums.

Any new info on the state of healthcare?

Only rural and suburban retards learn calculus.

Ultra high IQ city people do linear algebra.

What if u are at least aware of it

>nEwh815c
>nEw
Oh god you're right.

t. some 2nd semester Associate Degree engineering faggot who just learned how to do calculus

gg boi

I always found it weird how people brag about their knowledge of highschool level math, and then try to exaggerate their knowledge by messing with people on minor details. Those facebook math problems where they purposefully try to trip people up with order of operations comes to mind. None of my peers do this shit, it's always the kid who flunks out in Calc 2.

>Engineers use calculus all the time.

Something tells me you've never worked as an engineer.

DO I NEED A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF CALCULUS WHEN IM FUCKING YOUR WIFE AND FUTURE 18 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER?

Looks like a brainlet way to multiplicate. Youre not white if you dont do it the normal way

Lol no.

You math faggots are the biggest fucking losers. Shut the fuck up. Lonely ass motherfuckers.

t. just came home from having sex with hot girlfriend

Calculus is literally the most USEFUL form of math. Math is the most primal form of knowledge you can have about the universe. If you don't appreciate math, you are nigger-tier and useless.

ITT American education

Yes

>engies don't use gradients to model how temperature dissipates from a surface

You carry the 1.
Its
=312

Get it?

I fucking hate algebra so much
Brainlet is a very common phrase on /sci/. Lurk more

>t. just came home from having sex with hot girlfriend
>shit was cash

software does that. just need to know conditions. math is good for understanding, but it's a waste of time to do it by hand...

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. This also has the added benefit of improving drawing skills. Line control is one of the big fundamentals after all.

In its favor, it's better than the Common Core way of doing things here in burgerland. They literally niggerized math to suit people darker than a paper bag and it hurts everyone here.

>I fucking hate algebra so much
Not just regular algebra, but "brave new" algebra.

>engies don't use software made by programmers that DO use calculus to model how temperature dissipates from a surface
ftfy

Without calculus you wouldn't have that toasty heater you fuckin leaf.

look at all these Newton tier faggots

Newton = fake news
also American Education, the Absolute State

Yes, thank you. Its so much easier to just double the first number and half the second number for big number.
23 x 12
46 x 6
92 x 3 = 276

It's a fact of life that more often than not, A students end up working for C students. For all their percieved intelligence A students are less likely to take risks and are way more fearful of failing than C students. A students have been conditioned to believe that are superior because all through school they have been at the top grades wise and this hinders them in adult life because their fragile minds can't tolerate failure. This leads them into secure jobs working for C students who have taken risks, failed, taken more risks and eventually succeded. So for all there percieved intelligence they have actually failed in real life. Just take a look at the founders and owners of the biggest companies in the world. Almost all are C students.

>TFW hated differential equations so fucking much that it put me off from ever considering a math minor or major
Discrete mathematics was a lot of fun though. Also, this thread doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

faggot.

LARPing as mathematicians is fun!

dumb frogposter

Actually burger here is correct. The human brain uses calculus internally to determine proprioceptive sense.

Why are you guys doing it so hard for yourselves?
Just do
23*10 + 23*2 = 276

Not a mathematician, but a grad student in algebraic geometry.

I took one course at my uni and decided I was gonna stick with topology and analysis

PhD in applied mathematics here, with a shit job

Lmao muricans and their math obsessions trying to cover up their shit education by muhh maths. Insecure bastards

>OP post is about calculus
>thread devolves into people arguing about multiplication

Regression to the mean perhaps?

I couldnt even learn my times tables

>American Math

Just saved this to my knowledge folder. That seem as if it is pretty handy. My daughter loves math, I bet she'll love this too. Thanks, it's nuggets like that that make me love Sup Forums

I've never had to use more than basic algebra even once, and as I get older and progress more I use it even less.

>not knowing multiplication tables till 30
Pleb tier

that calculus wont help you put shitskin hordes in the ground

Is the Noether stuff about abstract mathematics actually useful, or is it a bunch of hall-of-mirrors bullshit

It always seemed like her ideas were promoted simply because she was a woman (and a jew)

Found the differential cuckuation fag. How's your glorified algebra going?

More than you realize. Guess who develops the bombs, the guns and the vehicles

Fuck...I can barely post fast enough on this godforsaken website so I wouldnt listen to me about math...but im 21 and manage 16 middle aged nignogs at a cleaning company

If you're doing calculus on the clock, you're wasting someone's dollar.

I don't have any citations but I'm pretty sure fire was invented before calculus...

>passed calc 2 with an 85
>take engineering physics
>it's fucking newtonian basic shit
>drop out halfway through the course because I'm obviously not gonna pass it
>mfw

I was gonna blow my brains out sooner or later, but reminding myself that I'm a dumbass just accelerated it.

Well the "brave new" algebra is more topology than it is algebra.

Rings are replaced by "highly structured ring spectra".

A spectrum is a sequence of (pointed) spaces connected by the nth space being weakly equivalent to the looping of the (n+1)th space.

Then the sphere spectrum, i.e. sequence of spheres of each dimension, gives a multiplicative unit with respect to the "smash product" of spaces.

So using the "smash product" define a multiplication operation on a spectrum that is associative,commutative up to (coherent) homotopy.

Then you have a "brave new" ring.

>23 * 12 = 200 + 30 + 40 + 6 = 276
>24 * 13 = 200 + 40 + 60 + 12 = 312
So that "trick" is basically how you usually do calculations only you have to waste time counting intersections of lines?

Reminder. Your opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one.

>nuggets
It's give and take. As I take gold nuggets I give some away.

who the fuck do you think you are

AYO IM SMART LEMME WORK THIS THANG OUT, STAND BACK LIL CHILLENS

now d line dx obvious stan fo dr dre and dx is doctor so doctor dre.

dr dre big line we'll call xa or ax. so far we hav dr dre ax.

f and t, means fatty, and dt equal f means down to fuck.

so dr dre ax fatty if down to fuck, she says x, like x means kiss to tha means she said yus

dr dre axes a fatty if she down to fuck, she iz.

the second line obviously when they get they fuck on and im not into translatin a playas moves for all yall perverts n shieeet dammn i iz smarts mang

Just remember your basic multiplication tables, then you can easily run 3digits multiplications in your head

>Passed Calc 2 with an 85
>Thinks he's dumb
At my university, calc 2 has the lowest average grades out of any math class; lower than Advanced Calc II. You're not dumb, faggot. Switch to a different major if you have to.

Not necessarily. This is a different way to do calculations but after some mastery it comes naturally as breathing.

It seems that imagining a quantity over a set of symbols works for some and not for others. There is a reason why so many calculation methods have been devised, even though they reach the same conclusion. Everyone has their specifications they've inherited, quirks and all.

>software
At this point, we're just splitting hairs.

>fire
>calculus
>invented
Here's the citation that you're a moron.

I did. It just so happened that I split numbers this way without realizing it.

What if you're not an autist, and can make a successful life out of your social intelligence?

You're the reason why STEMlords have such bad reputations.

I don't understand most math period. That shit and my brain just don't mix.

HAHA faggot i have a calculator on my iphone.

no one needs to ever do math, ever again hahahahhahaa

you thinkg your shitty life has value cause math hahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah LOSER.

Slider but I'll bite.

Bs chem, math minor. Got to partial differential eqn and had a feminazi professor. Got sick of the culture in academia.

Haven't used anything beyond arithmetic since college. Calculus was interesting though.

Correct