Why do Americans tip everyone?

Why do Americans tip everyone?

status symbol, showing you can give money away

It makes them feel superior/a better human being.

Because they embrace the nigger culture of "gib gibs"

muh free market

>Be american wageslave waiter
>Chef cooks food
>Take the food to the customer
>Customer finish launch
>He Doesn't tip
>HURR HOW DO YOU DARE TO DON'T TIP U ARE RUINING THE ECONOMY I SHOULD BE ENTITLED FOR MORE MONEY JUST FOR DOING MY JOB REEEE
>Yes Boss, i can work even 10 hours a day for 3$/h

Because we do it big in AMERICA. Plus we make sure our workers are taken care of with a little extra.

Because during the depression waiters had to take a cut in pay, or lose their jobs entirely. Customers ended up having the option to compensate them extra through tipping and it just stuck around

forgot shitposting flag kek

Nigger detected

It’s a scam perpetuating not having to pay service people a liviable wage.

Nice fucking job salamifag

That's their fault . A value man would never settle for working shit jobs. He works his ass off, goes to college for his degree or starts a business. If you want to work effortless jobs then you deserve shit tier pay.

Not all Americans, we have over 7 million Jews.

>Why do Americans tip everyone?

Because we are a generous and kind people.

Except the niggers...they suck.

why not pay them better in the first place?

>tipping is common way to pay someone a bit extra for good service
>slowly becomes mandatory because if you dont bribe your waiter they will fuck you over later.
>in order to cut down costs pass a law that allows servants to be paid below minimum wage
>this makes tips mandatory since otherwise youre basically paying their wage directly
>prices of the food however dont lower since its just a nice extra profit
Its fucking retarded but not doing it just fucks over a person who already has to work a job that doesnt pay. Its scummy and I have no idea why they allowed this to happen. Those faggots that passed the bill shouldve spent a few afternoons waiting tables instead of playing golf to know what they were dealign with

Daily reminder that Americans are cucks.

Noblesse oblige

>slowly becomes mandatory because if you dont bribe your waiter they will fuck you over later
You only tip at the very end of the meal.

If you frequent a place they remember.

don't report me cunt

>he visits the same place twice

>order pizza
>dont tip
>order pizza some other time
>they spit on your pizza

DELET NOW

because capitalism and meritocracy are fucking awesome

I tip a considerable amount of people, in addition to making small talk and socializing with them before I hand them their tip.

You are a brainlet if you don't tip/socialize in order to get a better service or preferential treatment

For instance, I go to an Italian restaurant where they serve really good food, and I take dates once or twice a month there, the staff knows me and gives me preferential treatment everytime I go, they basically treat me like the don, it leaves an impression on your date and it's easier to get in her pants

tell that to wage slaves that get angry if you don't give their extra 5 dollars but never complain with their employer about shitty pay

This.
I have no problem throwing the kid that ran my drinks and food a few extra bucks. If I appreciate his service.

>effortless jobs
Someone who has never worked in a kitchen obviously.

Funny you mention it because I've been wondering lately whether I should tip or not at restaurants. I've noticed that many pubs, bars and restaurants when they hand you the card terminal it's not like it normally is, first you have to enter the amount you want to pay which is right under the minimum amount you have to pay. I'm not used to this because I've mostly eaten at fast food restaurants and cheap restaurants and there the card terminal doesn't show that.

daily reminder that seppos are not white

which game is the original animation from LFD2?

i second this

Also, why do Americans wear shoes inside? Like you pay hundreds or thousands for carpet but you don't even use it?!

we don't, it's a hollywood meme, unless I'm in someone elses house, as it's impolite to let your feet stink up his house.

Why do Americans put their shoes on their beds when they sleep?

pure hollywood meme, I have never see this IRL

i work as a cook part time for extra cash. some of the girls pull in 300 a night, if they're good and look presentable. they drive nice cars and own houses. this is in northern wisco.

It's a hold over from the depression. It is legal to pay servers nearly nothing in the US provided they make at least 7.25$ an hour on tips.

For servers you show up to work on any given day you: Prepare and clean the entire front of house, prepare and stock glassware plates silverware etc. Generally do around 1 hour worth of setting up before service for 2.13$ an hour.

This is an opportunity cost.

You then go make $15-$20+ an hour for 5-8 hours.

Most restaurants also make the servers make salads and prepare deserts along with pouring drinks.

Get beaked, cunts.

It's retarded. Not everybody has the money to tip and prettier waiters/waitresses get the most tips

Pay a basic wage and there would be no need to tip

Here's a tip, learn how to use google.

Yuro in US here, minimum wage depends from state to state and some states only pay 2.50$/h. So you’re supposed to pay a little extra if the service was good. Now i dont have a problem with it because it gives you a nice form of power and the ability to give some hipster a big FUCK YOU. I tipped the old lady that served me my breakfast a nice 30% because she was a sweetheart and the food was delicious. But the blue haired cunt that was very passive agressive and an allround snotty brat got nothing, i left with a nice little message telling them i would never eat at their business again because the food was shit and the service even worse. That is the freedom that Americans talk about. Godbless

Meh, that all depends, I'm not a girl but I got enough in tips every week to consistently be making over $3k/month until I became management and got a raise to $8/he and still collecting tips
My shifts switched to day shifts but my pay was the same and I got better hours

Because in America we're all so rich we just throw money away.

Also I was a bartender and not just a server

thats so depressing

>a fucking leaf
>standing up for le 56%ers rather than a fellow colony
That's it. Don't expect Sup Forums to be nice to you Canadians from now on.

For you

TIP = to insure promptness
Paid before the meal or service it is a tip
Paid after the meal of service it is a Gratuity

The language is called "English"

I know that a lot of you think you speak it.

You Dont

We tip in Canada. I think it's retarded, but it's a lot easier to just give everyone 20% and not have to think about it than to autistically obsess over whether it's fair or whatever

#metoo

I dont. Eating out is for faggots, niggers and spics. Eat healthy organic and fresh food that you know have been prepared and handled correctly. Dont pay useless tips and sales tax on prepared foods.
Thats nigger-tier behavior

The tip system should really only be delegated to smaller or onesy type restaurants
The big chains like Darden or OSI restaurants should be paying their workers a liveable wage because they're corporations benefitting off the backs of service workers
It's one thing when it's a mom and pop joint, but a corporation should fucking know better

I dont know but at this point it's a necessary part of our food economy. Restaurants have shit tons of waiters because they don't pay them, waiters get a very generous wage for bullshit work. And it's always easy to find a job because the business has no responsibility to pay them. Same for bar tending.
But restaurants are doomed, with the exception of perhaps vacation destinations.

>Pay a basic wage and there would be no need to tip
Then you get basic servers. People who look decent deserve more than minimum wage and everyone here knows it.

>meme flag
opinion discarded

>I think it's retarded
i think your retarded

WHEN I BUY MY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLES AT THE CORNER GROCERY STORE I ALWAYS TIP

2 AR-15S THAT'LL BE 1,199.99
PLUS TIP

KEK

Restaurants aren't doomed, what the fuck are you talking about? There will always be people who don't want to fucjing cook and wish to have someone else make their meal in a different environment
Only corporate restaurants are suffering because they popped them up all over the place and over saturated the market
Also restaurants have a shit ton of waiters because most of the time their teens/early 20s who are flaky as fuck and don't feel like working the majority of the time until they need to pay something, so when they call out you need to have a large pool in case you have to call someone in to cover a shift

>tipping
this some kind of newage seppo talk for just the knob in the arse without any length?

>your retarded
>your

do u tip bro? lmao thats GAY your GAY, take that tip faggot just the tip? yeah i ALWAYS tip!

Come on over m8, I'll show you a thing or two about tipping

oooo daddy

I dont, tipping is wasting money. Unless the server went out of their way or I fucked up and gave them extra work (I spill a plate, or they cooked the food and I really liked it) I don't tip.

is this your final form or are you just warming up?

They even give the tip to the doctor when they are born too.

More like they'll spit in your food next time you show up

I'm not your daddy you freeloading criminal mick

I lay my shoes where ever, I often forget where I put the, so sometimes I have spent 30 minutes trying to find them. Usually they are under my bed, desk, or secretary. I have large feet too so its really odd that I would misplace and then cant find such a massive object.

This is a common misconception. We actually cannot afford to tip at birth usually so the doctor gives us credit and we pay off the loan over time. Most people pay it off fully by the time they are 35-40.

Fucking leaf. I was building up to some savage bantz on these roo fuckers until you came in and took that elementary bait.

>criminal mick
was that supposed to be an insult or a compliment burgerclap?

Since everyone here sounds like a fucking child, I'll clarify. We tip to get good service and have a positive experience. Europeans classify a positive experience as, say, good food. We classify it as good food and a friendly demeanor from our server. We don't tip people who act like assholes, unless we're in France, and we understand everyone there hates working. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with extravagance or flashing money.

If America is a country defined by protestant work ethic why doesn't this extend to waiters and delivery guys? Those niggers fuck with the goods you paid for if they feel entitled to more money than you give them.

I only tip when drunk and its a waitress so she can buy thongs

>I was building up to some savage bantz

Why shouldn't they?

But shouldn't good service be expected from any self respecting venue like a restaurant?

>status symbol
showing that you are a douchebag and your culture is gay

>everyone here sounds like a fucking child,
ur gay tho, how do u respond to these charges burgerclap?

Honestly it is a little ridiculous, working a trade I'll charge 80 dollars for a service call plus whatever the part costs with markup and hours of work my rate is 85. So a usual job I charge $300-400 people will still tip me a 20 on top of it.

#paypig

I only tip my lovers

>america
>self respecting

>douchebag
>reddit

>Honestly it is a little ridiculous
shut up

>"If you kill your enemies, they win"

I GIVE EM THE SHAFT

BALLS DEEP

>paying people to love you
hows that working out with israel mate?

its lonely at the top

Betas tip skags at restaurants.
Males get tipped significantly less in our food industry because pussy-pass, no effort required to bang random dude, etc.
Classic reverse racism.

you not giving anyone a shaft, burgerclap

This way the problem is removed from the employer-employee relationship to the employee-client relationship.
The employer gets off free with more profit. Americans are dumb and think muh-capitaREEEsm works to benefit them personally. It does not. And then they die.

>no effort required to bang random dude
what is this a tumbler blog? keep your bum chum adventures to yourself