Memes

Are they killing anime? Or are they, in fact, making it better?

Both.

Killing it by bringing in annoying faggots who think it makes it better
Like you OP

Memes keep characters alive in people's minds long after they forget about the series itself.

People nowadays have no idea what "meme" means.

Please explain it to us, Dawkins.

Do you all realize that posting in Sup Forums doesn't actually affect the world right?

t. Moloch worshipper

Most people think a meme is an image macro.

Memes have always existed. The internet allows them to flow better.
They are and always will be harmless on the grand scale.

still waiting for you to define meme

Memes are the DNA of the soul.

Only cancerous normie meme spam

I.e. how literally everything is a Jojo reference and Jojo poses. Two of the worst normie memes.

>tfw you check out Jojo for the memes but stay for the actual series and you try to avoid meme culture if possible
What's this called, doc?

This. I was brought into Jojos for the memes, and stayed for the story. I would have never watched Jojos if it wasn't for the memes, as for many others.

Memes emerge from the transmission and repetition of ideas.
They don't so much affect anime as reflect its memetic potential, which correlates with the resonance of its ideas.

>normie

Really? my friends talk about and spam Jojo memes in discord 24/7 and it put me off watching the series for a long time because the fan base is so fucking terrible. plus part one is absolute garbage so that turned me off too.

Yep, it's one of my favorite series and I still love seeing memes of it. I must be a rare case.

I also really enjoyed part one, is there something wrong with me?

Lucky Star was the first anime to go full meme mode, and it's because of it that anime today is mostly made for horny lonely virgins, so I'd say it's been a net loss as a whole

>only two characters have halfway decent writing
>the rest are terribly written and fleshed out
>main character is a massive fucking pussy who's dumb as a brick

Yeah there is

[Spoiler]KONICHIWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM BELLA-CHAN

FPBP

The series is pretty good and has some nice fights and a good enough story to hold it together. Araki forgets sobering every now and then, so it's not perfect, but it's a genuinely fun adventure with many likeable characters. The main characters and villains and how they use their powers are incredibly refreshing.

I don't suggest skipping parts nectar everything builds up, but part 3 (even as one of the weaker parts on my opinion) is where Stands are introduced and it lays the framework for the rest of the series. Parts 1 and 2 establish the Joestar legacy and how DIO's influence effects their lives and the lives of countless others throughout the rest of the series.

I really liked part 2 and I hear that gets shit on so I kinda know how you feel.

>sobering
*something
Fuck phoneposting.

>stopping at part 1

Come on son. There's a reason that's a meme.

Nobody shits on part 2, they just downplay some of its glorification by anti-stand fags.

Okay Monsoon, whatever you say.

Disney characters speaking philosophically is one of my favorite memes.

It sounds weird, but basically he's correct.
It's the word used to describe how ideas behave like genetic traits. They spread among people and mutate.
That's why anyone who calls one particular image or post a meme is wrong. The meme would be the general idea behind it, that existed before that image/post and is only visible in that image/post as one particular facet of itself.

I started part 2 and it's infinitely better than anything in part 1. Part 1 was unironically one of the most boring things I've ever watched.