If you like Lum you are responsible for the death of anime

If you like Lum you are responsible for the death of anime.
Anyone who remembers this series will remember first and foremost that the original intention was for Ataru and Shinobu to be the real couple with Lum being the annoying Alien fucking things up for them. But something happened. The fans liked Lum more than Shinobu because Lum wore a bikini. And no matter how hard Takahashi tried to make Lum insufferable, the fans wouldn't let up. So she had to shift to Lum being the main love interest setting the precedent that degenerate otaku get to run the industry. Shame on all you Lumfags.

Don't bully Takahashi, she was just a little girl whenever this happened in '78.

Early dialogue shows how Lum was intended to be infectious

As we can see here, Shinobu is portrayed as being loyal and loving in spite of the hardships

>boo hoo why isn't UY a boring romance about Rumiko's self-insert

Yeah, fuck off. You are at least right that Lum is partially responsible for the trillion generic dreck love comedies that came afterwards, though.

She switched around pretty quickly though, I think.

And I love Lum.

Here we see Ataru indicating he wants Shinobu, Lum becomes violent and ugly.

Would also like to point out the title, "Urusei Yatsura" means shut up aliens

Ataru insists Lum leaves at once. He's not having any of this shit

Wow that's interesting but I think it was not like that.

Ataru continues to plead to Lum for her to leave them and let his love with Shinobu continue in peace.
She won't take a hint

The original OTP

Yeah Takahashi has no morals. Maison Ikkoku remains her only lengthy series that didn't succumb to fans destroying it.

The bikini did help, but that's not why people liked Lum more. Lum was fun and affectionate. I have no freaking clue why Ataru didn't fall for her immediately. I don't recall her getting mad without a reason. Also, Shinobu was just as violent as Lum, if not more.

I feel bad for her and I am just in episode 21.

She was forced to by evil editors

>UY started in 78

That sure is a slow death, going on nearly 40 years.

Even if it wasn't Lum, sooner or later somebody else was going to win the Atarubowl. Shinobu is a pretty cute girl and the original girlfriend of Ataru but it's understandable the fans prefered Lum.

>poor little asian girl

I don't like Lum, or anything about UY, but you sound like a salty shipperfag and that renders your post worthless.

no need to feel bad, she'll get wet for the Mendou D soon enough and then end up with the Inaba D

>why Ataru didn't fall for her immediately
The man loved Shinobu, she was the girl of his dreams. And it took time for him to get over his crush and accept Lum in his life.

Kinda feel bad for Mendou too. Shinobu became his "girlfriend" and Shinobu actually felt something for him too. And later she ends with Inaba.

>Shinobu became his "girlfriend"
What Mendou never saw Shinobu as anything liek that, that's why she got with Inaba in the first place. Why would you feel sorry for Mendou, he can get literally any girl he wants, btu Lum. He even got the chance to fuck Kurama but he was a retard.

You are gay

That's why I said "girlfriend". It never became something formal, but there was a some kind relationship between those two. Mendou had an interest on Shinobu which led to Moroboshi getting jealous. But being fair, Mendou had an interest in most of the girls of the anime.

The closer they got to do something it was in UY 4, where they almost kiss but got interrumped by Ataru. Or the double dates he used to go with Moroboshi and Lum.

I very much doubt that fans liked her because she 'wore a bikini'. Look at Lum and Shinobu side by side and tell me who you would rather win. Lum is just more interesting and attractive, plus she's got the better personality, clinginess aside.

Same with Akane and Shampoo. The latter is clearly the better girl, for Ranma or otherwise, but lost because Takahashi wanted to stick to her guns. Honestly its HER fault that she chooses worst girl to pair up her protagonists with, not the fans fault.

Akane is diluted Shinobu and Shinobu is Takahashi.

I wonder if the guy of her dreams was someone like Ataru.

>that god damned Lum flying sound

Still won't get out of my head.

Basically
>Stockholm Syndrome: The Anime

Alternate ending with Ataru staying with Shinobu and Lum becoming a school shooter when?

Shinobu is an actually-annoying piece of shit, much more so than Lum who is just playful. Shinobu is also otherwise a plain average earthling while Lum is inherently exotic as an alien and all the stupid hijinx that actually make the show stand out involve the aliens.

What a shocker, no one likes Shinobu.

Not being this hard on Shinobu but she had a much worse temper than Lum.

Holy shit. Who cares?

What are your thoughts on who's best for the protagonist in Maison Ikkoku and Kyoukai no Rinne?

The same is said for Shonen on Toriyama with Goku being favored over Gohan to pass the torch of world savior of Earth. You can't stop the fandom of liking a character if the author has to obey the editor.

Anime was a mistake.

Is that why Shampoo was so intentionally handicapped from ever getting the Ranma? Because I always felt that had she not turned into a cat and had stupid tribal laws she had to follow, she and Ranma would have ran off together in the beginning.

It would certainly makes sense considering how incredibly alike they are

>Akane is diluted Shinobu
>Akane
>diluted
More like Akane was Shinobu on fucking steroids. Akane Tendo was the first tsundere of her kind. And I mean the overly abusive bipolar cunt kind of tsundere.

Why should I feel bad that her self insert didn't win? Also, she forced her self insert to win in Ranma after that, so why are you fags complaining.

Cause no one cares about Ranma as far as Takahashi works go

Yeah and it made dragon ball a mess as a result. That's the point. Listening to the fans destroys your manga. Can you imagine if we let popular opinion of Sup Forums decide what a manganka should do? It would turn out horrible

But in this case Lum was better as a result. Otherwise it would have turned out something like Ranma, which is bullshit. I'm not saying "Let the fans tell you want to do" but sometimes the author's original vision is just shit user.

Not so friendly reminder that these people walk among us.

Why the fuck do they need a renaissance? The reason Ranma was prevalent back then was because the amount of well written fanfiction was much more abundant and it seemed that only people who really cared about Ranma would also be writing for it.

However, fanfiction.net came into being and it made writing and posting fanfiction very easy, So easy that it suddenly got popular among retarded teenage faggots who didn't know how to write for shit. Because of this, it diluted - what was - a mostly small pool of concentrated decent fanfiction into a giant lake of garbage, in which you would have go to fishing for hours to find anything decent to read.

This is how and why fanfiction - and ranma fanfiction in particular - fucking died in the first place.

I would have bought it if Ataru was able to keep his dick outside his thought process. From the beginning Shinobu was portrayed as a dutiful girlfriend with a short fuse for Ataru's bullshit. Which would have worked if Araru had the personality of Godai, a wishy washy loser with his heart put firmly with the love interest.The problem is that Ataru stayed the same skirt chasing retard the whole manga. And honestly there was no chemistry in such a relationship.

On the other hand, the zany, clingy space waifu Lum had a better dynamic with him, allowed the introduction of several chapters and allowed certain chapters to show how he was getting fond of her.

Ataru's interactions with Shinobu as lovers felt artificial and melodramatic before they settled as friends. Like "she's my girlfriend just because" kind of fake.