Name a more overrated mangaka

Name a more overrated mangaka.

Protip: you can't

Fucking Oda.

Urasawa.

Whoever wrote Monster

Explain. He is long-lasting and recognized, so he must be doing something right.

Togashi

I still can't believe that so many people think that pic related is the citizen kane of the shounen genre

>often forgots about important stuff about the lore of his own series
>character designs that are either extremely wacky and cartoonish, or just plain recolors
>admitted that he never liked the action of the series
>tries to do comedy instead but since he's now a old ass man he is basically the Adam Sandler of manga

Also the TV version of RoF is probably the worst shounen arc ever made.

Popular things are bad. Good to know.

Inio Asano

Miura. He should finish his series first.

I actually can't. Toriyama's writing is atrocious and he obviously doesn't give a shit anyway.

Oh, I see. You're just a idiot.

Also a samefag.

Oshimi

> He is long-lasting and recognized
This is a retarded fucking defense of anything.

Lazy Matsumoto.

He's long lasting and recognized because he was the grandfather of action panelling coupled with a fun adventure story that captivated the world.
Even before he was known for his action manga he was already a self made millionaire from Dr. Slump.

>often forgots about important stuff about the lore of his own series
>believing his lies

Mangaka don't "forget" anything. Corporate tells them do change things and they comply. Later when fans confront them they claim that they "forgot" when really they were just trying to cash in. That's why Boruto doesn't have the byakugan and why Super is so bad.

who rates toriyama though? no one, he's underrated desu. early dragonball has excellent art which makes you feel good inside and his character designs are great, bit of a one trick pony though.
i thought it was miura at first

>mfw people try to praise his writing as "authentic" or "pure in its simplicity and honesty" when he can't piece a story together and has no concept of pacing and can only write five different characters

>Mangaka don't "forget" anything
Yeah, they all have perfect memories of everything they wrote decades ago, I'm sure.

>Also the TV version of RoF is probably the worst shounen arc ever made.
You can blame Toei for that, Toriyama is just there to collect the paychecks for the retellings.

Before Super he admitted that he never thought about Dabura and Babidi going to Earth in the Future Trunks timeline

>pure in its simplicity and honesty
Who says this about anything? Who talks like that?

He is Goku.

French speaking comic book critics and commentators.
If you don't have that sort of snob in your country, you are not missing out at all. All they do is suck the dick of anything well known made before 1975 and dismiss all the flaws as "honest expressions of ideas, free from the shackles of forced complexity".
And since they are done wanking over Hergé, Jacobs and Martin, they have started to take an interest in Tezuka, Mastumoto and what-s-his-face-who-wrote Gegege no Kitaro.

Toriyammer

FPBP

Togashi goes on hiatus like 80% of the time and lets his Sailor Moon creating wife fix his shit. He's a terrible mangaka.

But HxH IS the Citizen Kane of the shounen genre. Nothing comes even close.

Nah, that title belongs to either Hokuto no Ken or JoJo

>lackluster worldbuilding
>fanservice for pedophiles and trapfags
>curbstomp fights
>Togashi really believes that "daddy abandoned me when I was a baby" is the saddest backstory ever created

Oh Great
Ken Akamatsu
Matsumoto Jiro

Kubo.

I know people hate him a lot, but the few that actually likes him are enough to make him overrated

Except both of those are seinen...

But they were both serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump

>character designs that are either extremely wacky and cartoonish
And there is something wrong with this?

Everything else could POSSIBLY be considered a flaw, but there is nothing wrong with this.

Adachi Mitsuru

user. He literally forgot a character existed and ignored them to non existence

Well, there are other overrated mangakas, but I can't think of one who gives less and less of a fuck with time while still being popular, so if he's not the most overrated, he will be in a couple of years.

At least when he produces something new, it's good stuff.

In a action-focused series the characters should look either cool or badass, not like a character from a saturday morning cartoon made by nickelodeon.

>In a action-focused series the characters should look either cool or badass, not like a character from a saturday morning cartoon made by nickelodeon.
You mean like Dragon Ball?

The classic series was focused on adventure instead of action

Masami Kurumada

Naruto did it better.
All hxhfags have going for them is "hxh started serializing a year before!".
I mean, one thing is being smug about Eva but HXH? Only if you're an 18yo contrarian.

The only reason that so many people think that HxH is the hottest shit ever made it's because the hiatuses don't let the readers get tired so quickly like happens with other long-running manga like Naruto and One Piece

Those are Toyotaro's designs though, besides Toriyama has always had amazing wacky character designs.

Some of them are made by Toyotaro, some by Toriyama and some by both, the only acceptable is the fish dude anyway

yur mum

What're you saying about Berserk, user?

This guy has to be the laziest motherfucker ever. Literally the only reason SS are blond/blue eyes is because he used SS as an excuse to not color in the eyes/hair as much as possible.

You're a fucking idiot. Dragon Ball and Z are saturday morning cartoons, and just because they are actually pretty enjoyable and have good action choreography doesn't change that. I mean, I really, really enjoy Dragon Ball Z, but it is essentially a saturday morning cartoon.

I'm not a fan of the carnivalesque over the top transformations of Naruto and Bleach, but yeah, at least Kishi and Kubo put effort

So is every other Shonen fighting anime ever.

The simple fact of the matter is Dragon Ball Z has the best writing in all of anime, the only anime that come close are "Monster" and "serial experiments Lain".
People who think of it as simplistic or poorly written are merely morons who can't pick up on the imagery, foreshadowing and use of metaphors.

>muh character designs

What? Wacky and cartoonish is too childish for your superior weeb taste? Give the guy some credit. Sure he may have recolors at times, but a lot of his designs are pretty interesting and non generic. Just look at his work with Chrono trigger and Dragon Quest. His art is pretty cool.

Plus, this guy has been doing comedy for years newfriend. It was his first gimmick.

The sad thing is that there are people who actually think like that.

CLAMP
Rumiko Takahashi

Toriyama enjoys his job and his fans. Unlike the two I just mentioned above.

>Just look at his work with Chrono trigger and Dragon Quest.
Anti Toriyama idiots tend to think Chrono Trigger is a gift from god, but just choose to overlook how the game was made specifically around his designs. Then bitch about Dragon Quest being 'sameface shit' when it was just sprites for 20 years.

>shonen
>Genre

I hate this meme so much.

Dragon Ball had plenty of god damn action, 50% of it's arcs were tournaments.

People forget that Dragon Ball wasn't popular as an adventure series and only got big when it focused on martial arts. That's why when GT tried to replicate the adventure, it didn't do so well either, and they went back to action for Baby.

Red Ribbon Army had the best balance of Action and Adventure for me.

The problem with focusing on Adventure only is that Toriyama would have to do comedy when he wanted to do action for it as well. Which is why the first arc is literally Dr. Slump x Journey to the West.

That doesn't male any fucking sense. People wouldn't be complaining and wanting Togashi to come back if the manga didn't interest them enough to want to see it continued. Erratic hiatuses and less than stellar art in certain cases should deflate the readership if that were the case..

oh wow how did i not notice toriyama made blue dragon

Pretty much. People remember the Red Ribbon arc Adventure, but they forget that it was also Action. Toriyama ended Dr. Slump because he couldn't keep up with the gags, so to go back into a purely adventure-based manga with only a handful of actual fights would've probably burnt him out three arcs in.

It's weird that he ended it because he couldn't keep up with gags when he said later that gags are his best forte, to the point where gags are in his outline for Super arcs.

Well, weekly schedules tend to burn you out. After all that fighting in the Cell Saga, he went back to drawing gags now that fighting started to get old.

Now that he's done actually making manga like that, he can spend as much time as he wants writing gags at his own pace.

THIS so much.

That's true, he must be relaxed as hell now.

Inio Asano. He writes really good stories but
>muh traced backgrounds
>muh lol so random plot elements

I know right, everyone should be cool and badass

100% behind you. His shit isn't even traced most of the time, it's just filtered photographs with lazy character art superimposed upon them.

Ken did nothing wrong.

First post best post. Also came here to post this.

Eiichiro Oda

First post best post.

Having Naru with over Mutsumi was the biggest crime in anime history. He killed the romance genre for the next 15 years. We are only just now beginning to crawl our way out of the dark age he ushered in.

Let's be fair here. Only the things directly connected to DB are mediocre and shit.

Everything else he's done is pretty damn good.

Boichi

I'm pretty sure everyone and their dog recognizes Boichi's shit.

try /fit/. they jerk off to Sun Ken Rock religiously

>try /fit/
No, thank you.

>Its a "everyone is just reading their work for free anyway" episode

stop whining u nig nogs

This fIamboyant nigger

>In a action-focused series the characters should look either cool or badass
This is what American comic artist actually believe.
I'm just glad manga artists don't fall for this bullshit.

Western DBZ fans are legitamitely retarded. They still won't even accept that Goku is suppose to have a high pitched voice on purpose. To poke fun at the macho man image. Westerners expect him to have a macho voice because they think testosterone = deep voice.

100% true