But all is not lost! God says that he can reincarnate Touya into a world of fantasy, and as a bonus...

>But all is not lost! God says that he can reincarnate Touya into a world of fantasy, and as a bonus, he gets to bring his smartphone along with! So begins Touya's adventure in a new, anachronistic pseudo-medieval world. Friends! Laughs! Tears! Inexplicable Deus ex Machina! He sets off on a journey full of wonder as he absentmindedly travels from place to place, following whatever goal catches his fancy. The curtains lift on an epic tale of swords, sorcery, and smartphone apps!
So this is how anime dies. Not with a magic school, but with an isekai.

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/my-death-flags-show-no-sign-of-ending/
animenewsnetwork.com/review/faraway-paladin/novel-1/.112124
novelupdates.com/series/death-march-kara-hajimaru-isekai-kyusoukyoku/
novelupdates.com/series/skill-takers-world-domination-building-a-slave-harem-from-scratch/
novelupdates.com/series/dungeon-defense/
novelupdates.com/series/genjitsushugisha-no-oukokukaizouki/
novelupdates.com/series/overlord
novelupdates.com/series/mushoku-tensei/
novelupdates.com/series/warlock-of-the-magus-world/
novelupdates.com/series/arifureta-shokugyou-de-sekai-saikyou
novelupdates.com/series/ore-no-isekai-shimai-ga-jichou-shina
novelupdates.com/series/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari/
novelupdates.com/series/youjo-senki/
novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/
novelupdates.com/series/isekai-mahou-wa-okureteru-ln/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's HJ Bunko's top bestseller, so it has to be doing something right.

What is Reimu doing there?

More importantly, what's up with MC's pimp jacket?

>The curtains lift on an epic tale of swords, sorcery, and smartphone apps!
anime is dead, where's my miyazaki folder when i need him?

All these characters look ugly as fuck

>no cell service
>no electricity
>no internet

Most apps wouldn't even fucking work.

>dressed like a pimp
>surrounded by floozies
Hm

He is married to all these girls?

Why, out of all things, would he choose to bring his smartphone? That's all I want to know.

>this is getting an anime instead of a good(by isekai standards) series like kumo or sekai game.

>kumo
>good

the dungeon crawling is good, regardless of if you disliked the weird plot and complicated keikakus

Say that to my face and see what happens faggot

I wonder if the average teenager understands that their phone doesn't work without towers, electricity, or the entire infrastructure of the internet, and people and servers using it

God's Magic. Open your mind.

His smartphone basically becomes a blessed artifact that can charge with magic and access Earth internet.

Alright faggots, recommend me some "good" Isekai because I have too much time on my hands and need things to read at work.

Arifureta

>novelupdates.com/series/my-death-flags-show-no-sign-of-ending/

a guy gets spawned as the villain in his favorite game, has tons of death flags on him.

he tries to live by exploiting things that he learned in the game and making it so he ends up with as little enemies as possible, which doesn't work because the body of the villain hes possessing changes everything he says into shit talking.

Youmu's there too. I guess they really wanted to appear in an anime.

>dues ex machina
>phone
>alternate world

Thanks.

On the list but I heard it goes to shit after the first volume.

Holy shit, based nips finally made a Keit-ai anime

The Faraway Paladin

animenewsnetwork.com/review/faraway-paladin/novel-1/.112124

A boy with vague memories of a past life is raised by undead in an abandoned city ruin.

>one golden-hair loli who's no doubt an imouto type character
>one silver-haired loli with a chuuni complex
>one blonde DFC who's an ojou
>one silver-haired DFC who's smug kuudere
>one silver-haired tits who's childhood friend
>one black-haired samurai girl who's a tsundere

Picked up.

>the only girl who gets much development is the one you like the least
Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

>4 out of 6 are flat/small-chested
The author sure loves them. Not that I'm complaining.

>almost all of them are flat

I don't like this.

At least this isn't one of those series where all the covers are just a picture of a single girl on a white or otherwise plain background.

>always has smartphone in hand
Is MC a girl or what?

They're Japanese.

>Almost a DFC heaven
MC is living the dream. Time to pick the WN.

So how does he charge his phone and does it still have service?

Why is the girl from Sakura Taisen there?

To answer both questions, magic.

holy shit that expression on his face just makes you want to punch him.

That's only the answer to the first question. Service is a plot point.

I think they all work because magic and God.

it seems time to read it again.

He's got GOD on his speed dial.
Power ain't a problem.

Does the average teenager got GOD on his speed dial?

I dislike the story as much as the next guy, but that angle is covered.

He should have just offed the villain.
Seriously, the length the author goes to make him stick to the script is beyond stupid.

Clearly any user would do in the first place is just offed the stupid hidden boss.

i can think of a few reasons he didn't assassinate Justus
>he was busy eliminating other flags like the forest war
>he didn't know where he was at the moment and wasn't worried with him yet
>he's currently working directly under him and killing him would leave him as a likely suspect

Dungeon Defense: Politics fucking everywhere, and extremely well written.

Warlock of the Magus World: Great fantasy setting, writing is unsophisticated but snappy.

Got those two as well.

This is everything that I've got so far, from both past recommendations and my own general glance through at what people rated highly.

>death march
please don't, it's a legitimate waste of time

Zero no Tsukaima
Digimon Adventure
Konosuba
Re:Zero
The Faraway Paladin
Muv-Luv Alternative

Yeah I read the first chapter and it didn't really grip me. Was going to give it a few more but I haven't heard much positive about it other than people's ratings, which are a poor review in hindsight since people tend to just give out 5 stars to anything if they liked it.

If battle harems haven't killed by now nothing will.

>Konosuba
I found that the novels didn't nearly live up to the show.

Added to the list, though I'll pass on ZnT. Tried it once, never again.

The first 5 or so chapters are just him walking through the desert if you're reading the WN. Better to skip.

It doesn't really get up there until he's got the starter village loli's and gets on with his journey. Doesn't get much better though.

honestly, 80% of all reviews on NU are dumb kids who know nothing, everything below 4 stars is trash. death march is only barely above 4 stars because its such a slow burn and such a waste of time, that not many people realize that all of death march is shit and pointless.

if you really want to read it i would recommend reading up until the point where he gets to chant magic, after that it goes FULL retard, when it was already 3/4 of the way retard.

this is a legitimate opinion from someone who read up till volume 14th and regrets (most of) it

Haibane Renmei.

>posted in a format that I can't crib from for my ever-growing backlog
Eh

Death March is really slow especially in the beginning, personally I like its laid back atmosphere but I can see why people find it boring. The LN version is much better but only the first volume is translated, if you are interested it's better to wait for the anime.

All of those are wastes of time. Everything we talk about on this board is a waste of time.

novelupdates.com/series/death-march-kara-hajimaru-isekai-kyusoukyoku/
novelupdates.com/series/skill-takers-world-domination-building-a-slave-harem-from-scratch/
novelupdates.com/series/dungeon-defense/
novelupdates.com/series/genjitsushugisha-no-oukokukaizouki/
novelupdates.com/series/overlord
novelupdates.com/series/mushoku-tensei/
novelupdates.com/series/warlock-of-the-magus-world/
novelupdates.com/series/arifureta-shokugyou-de-sekai-saikyou
novelupdates.com/series/ore-no-isekai-shimai-ga-jichou-shina
novelupdates.com/series/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari/
novelupdates.com/series/youjo-senki/
novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/
novelupdates.com/series/isekai-mahou-wa-okureteru-ln/

Will keep that in mind. Didn't know it was picked up for an adaptation, will take your advice and just wait for the anime.

>skill taker slave harem
Isn't that terrible?

Makes me sad that people are still reading the shitty machine translation version when a much better TL exists now. At the current rate of translation, the official release should overtake the fan "effort" in a few months anyway.

Probably. I haven't started the majority of them, this is just what I bookmarked from a general skimming over what people thought was good + what I've been recommended.

No.

that person latter on and young divine armament is better. Try mushoku tensei too because classic.

I don't believe you.

Started Mushoku Tensei a few days ago. Only finished the first volume so far but it's enjoyable. Bookmarked the former two.

>arifureta
I mean it's a classic but that doesn't mean it's good.

If it is bad it wont be translated very fast. the translation always updated.

Heard it goes to shit after the first volume, decided to at least give it a chance. I'll get to it eventually.

Sure, try it. But because it's old, most of the things about it will seem very generic.

To add something else to the list,
Release that witch and Common sense of a Duke's daughter are both good. The first is a kingdom-builder of sorts where the MC tries to usher in the industrial revolution using magic to take shortcuts. Surprisingly little politics and has good world buiding. Dukes daughter is another kingdom builder only here the (female) MC makes her own fief using the power of business.

>going to shit after the first volume
Only idiots say that. Like really? Dropping it after one book? Shit is already finished.

add shinka no mi too it is light and funny.

Added to the list.

Just what I've heard from others.

are you implying that it doesn't lose any of the interesting aspects it may hve had after MC leaves the first dungeon? It literally degenerates to generic harem with a little edge thrown in.

>MC makes her own fief using the power of business.
Is she also ruthless?
Because this sounds like the perfect premise for my tastes.

If you don't like harem why do you even read something like arifureta?

LN readers should already know not to bite the hook it gives you the beginning, it's never as it seems. However, I enjoyed Arifureta for what fun and comfiness it was.

depends on your definition. She's not xianxia MC tier ruthless but she was an adult pre-isekai and has the sensibility to not forgive everyone. Her mother is also an influential person that seems to want to go after her daughter's enemies.

But in this case the harem aspect makes no sense. After the first dungeon MC is already in a comitted relationship with vampire loli and as far as I read that doesn't seem to change. So why the fuck would you throw other girls into that mix?

>Reimu
>not even armpits

>the dungeon crawling is good

Not really. Its just another one of those Isekai where the MC spends the entire thing power leveling aimlessly and gets a bunch of power ups every chapter.

The MC was never commit to anything he was just think the loli vampire know the dungeon as edgy as he is he was knew that he need her to go out from the cursed place.So he never love or like her in the first place.

xianxia ruthless would cause eternal boners, but as long as she's not a starry-eyed idealist, I suppose that's fine.

Really? As far as I remember it the two were flirting pretty much all the time much to the disgress of the bunny girl

>after the first volume

It goes to shit halfway through the first volume after random asshole tries to murder the MC then the whole series goes from interesting concept to edgelord mcgee building a railgun and grenades out of rocks in seconds flat.

and I'm not talking he grinds up sulfur and other stuff to make gunpowder for weapons I mean he skips the entire list of pre-existing weapons to make a working handheld railgun out of semi-magnetic rocks and low level geomancy.

Bunny girl were in the latter part and you know he has faithful woman who love him in the class. The harem setup already there in the first place.

The author states early after they meet that the MC isn't in to little girls and about 5 chapters later he throws that out the window and has him fug the loli.

except its one the few where the concept is actually played straight and the MC doesn't bullshit his way to max level in 10 chapters. In kumo even though she got ome "help" from the system she still had to struggle all her way to the top. And we get to see that entire journey not just "oh woe is me I am so weak but suddenly o got a magic skill and now I'm the strongest?!"

oh yeah that was bullshit too. Not even an attempt at an explanation just "I made a gun and because magnetism or something its now also a railgun". And the MC just keeps building shit he has no business being able to during the entire story. Wouldn't surprise me if he build a gundam or something later on.

It is magic what do you expect.

>no explanation
>literally said he has alchemy and it becomes a broken skill once he eats the demon flesh

What model is his smartphone? It's not a fucking fruit is it?

The setting has levels and the MC was basically a level 1 earth wizard and he managed to murder his way through a high level dungeon and with no related skills start engaging in epic D&D tier artificing.

There is no handwaving for that shit.

You tell me, user.