ONGOING IRAN HAPPENING

A wave of anti-government protests have broken out in Iran in response to rising prices and ongoing foreign wars in Syria. All major cities have seen demonstrations. Protestors have been calling for the end of the Islamic Republic and a return of the Shah. These have been the largest protests in Iran since 2009.

Fights have broken out between demonstrators and riot police, and in at least one city the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps is reported to have fired on protestors.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42512946
archive.is/ZSRGK
thehill.com/policy/international/366721-us-israel-reach-cooperation-agreement-on-iran-report
reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-israel/syrian-iranian-backed-forces-advance-in-border-area-near-israel-idUSKBN1EJ024
timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-irans-christmas-greetings-the-height-of-hypocrisy/
express.co.uk/news/world/897423/Iran-protests-Mashhad-Ayatollah-Tehran-Hassan-Rouhani-Ali-Khamenei-Donald-Trump
haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/1.831803
jpost.com/Breaking-News/Jordans-Abdullah-dismisses-brothers-from-Jordanian-military-command-521372?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
archive.is/4ORA6
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_contributions_to_Islamic_world
google.hr/amp/s/en.radiofarda.com/amp/28946510.html
metro.co.uk/2017/12/29/iranian-police-will-no-longer-arrest-women-in-tehran-for-breaking-islamic-dress-codes-7190240/
archive.fo/KD2nn
mobile.twitter.com/AmirTaheri4/status/946801055299497985
mobile.twitter.com/hdagres/status/946824612238823424
mobile.twitter.com/AliSalari1965/status/946848631352676352
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot sauce

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42512946

Iran is going back to the pre-Islam days and the kikes will send the US to kill them for it.

RISE OF THE SAFAVID SHIA EMPIRE FUCKING WHEN?

PIC RELATED WAS ISMAIL I OF IRAN
HE FOUNDED THE SAFAVID EMPIRE THAT WAS FRENS WITH CHRISTIAN EUROPE AGAINST THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE
IT WAS A CAUCASIAN MUSLIM EMPIRE

This is being fed by western governments and NGOs in order to take out a Russia friendly Iran.

Remember the west is allied with Sunni powers.

archive.is/ZSRGK

Options are

1) impending coup attempt like Turkey
2) heavy handed crackdown consolidating more power with the clerics
3) snap election

The last election brought Rouhani into power, and he's already considered a pro-democracy agent of change. If people are already so disappointed with him, I don't see it getting much better short of a (((externally supported))) political upheaval.

GL you iranian fucks.

Good another muslim country bites the dust

>FRENS WITH CHRISTIAN EUROPE AGAINST THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE
A mistake imo.

Bibi, Khurshner and Drumbf need more military equipment sales.

Americans will fight to the last drop of the blood for Israhel

WHOSE SIDE ARE WE ON?

Good, time for Person rule! Mandatory blue carpets and golden drapes!

Iranians are angry that they're spending so much energy and money on influencing the ME and neglecting domestic shit. The BBC article says the price of eggs has doubled and I bet that earthquake in the northeast hasn't helped public sentiment.

Never underestimate the geopolitical influence of the egg market.

Fucking C I A
FIX YOUR COUNTRY FIRST

Price of grain is partly responsible for the Arab Spring. Along with Hilary’s murderous nature.

This one probably isn't directly on us, it seems. Saudi and Israeli intelligence has a much better pipeline for influencing Iranian affairs than we do. The most our spooks would do is coordinate between the GIP and Mossad.

The protesters.
They tried to take back their country 40 or so years ago but the US stepped in and fucked it up.

Trying to figure that out as well.

I think Iran returning to being a secular country and ditching Islam is good, but on the other hand, present day Iran acts as a counterweight to Wahhabist Saudi Arabia and Israel, plus they support Assad.

C'mon dude.
CIA + agents + proxies are the one causing the unrest.
Never heard if the Arab spring ?

Sup Forums stands with Israel.

Didn't US and Israel have a meeting today about dealing with Iran ?

Also was the decision to LAX rules over having a hijab a damage control thing by the government ?

America is clearly leaning towards the protesters, but that's because Iran has been very successful in playing with regional affairs and making the CIA look incompetent.

Sup Forums should probably support a totalitarian Shiite empire, though. It's working out for Turkey.

No we are against both Iran and Israel

Do (((they))) know if they Mossad Iran there will be ww3?

How come literally every protest in every country you guys think is funded by NGOs and the West

Do you just not believe people protest anymore without being paid

If you pay them € then yeah but as soon as you dont Turkey sends refugees and Iran probably a missile

BASED! lets support these organic student protests and help take out another of the enemies of our greatest ally!!

We might even get more migrants out of this if we step in now!!!

So Trump is basically just using Obama's tactics but on "the real bad guys". Fuck off you freedumb Mongrels before the rest of the world euthanises you.

How the fuck did the CIA infiltrate Iran? Jesus Christ there is literally nothing those (((niggers))) can't do.

Nothing wrong with supporting Assad. He's nowhere near sad am or gadafi's level, and knocking them out didn't turn out well so how do you think it would end up if we were to do it to Assad?

The CIA's biggest concern in the middle east right now is the status quo. As long as everyone is being dominated by the Saudi alliance, and as long as we're the Saudis biggest global ally, things are alright.

I guarantee you this current wave of protests was organized after the Lebanese prime minster show. In the long term we need the Saudis to remain stable, and Iran is their biggest challenge. Fucking up their food distribution is perfect hands-off skunkwork.

Check. Yep:

US and Israel reach joint strategic plan to counter Iranian influence in Middle East

According to a new Axios report, the United States and Israel have reached a joint strategic work plan to counter Iranian activity in the Middle East. U.S. and Israeli officials said the joint understandings were reached in a secret meeting between senior Israeli and U.S. delegations at the White House on December 12th.

What it means: A senior U.S. official said that after two days of talks the U.S. and Israel reached at a joint document which included understandings on countering Iranian actions in the region. The U.S. official said the document goal’s was to translate President Trump’s Iran speech to joint U.S.-Israeli strategic goals regarding Iran and to set up a joint work plan.

At the table: The Israeli team was headed by national security adviser Meir Ben-Shabbat and included senior representatives of the Israeli military, Ministry of Defense, Foreign Ministry and intelligence community. The U.S. side was headed by national security adviser H.R. McMaster and included senior representatives from the National Security Council, State Department, Department of Defense and the intelligence community.

Axios highlights four points of understanding that were reached between the U.S. and Israel, as both nations decided to form several working groups according joint goals…

Covert and diplomatic action to block Iran’s path to nuclear weapons – according to the U.S. official this working group will deal with diplomatic steps that can be taken as part of the Iran nuclear deal to further monitor and verify that Iran is not violating the deal. It also includes diplomatic steps outside of the nuclear deal to put more pressure on Iran. The working group will deal with possible covert steps against the Iranian nuclear program.
Countering Iranian activity in the region, especially the Iranian entrenchment efforts in Syria and Iranian support for ......

>tfw trump defeats ISIS and Iran in his first term

fuck them

Covert and diplomatic action to block Iran’s path to nuclear weapons – according to the U.S. official this working group will deal with diplomatic steps that can be taken as part of the Iran nuclear deal to further monitor and verify that Iran is not violating the deal. It also includes diplomatic steps outside of the nuclear deal to put more pressure on Iran. The working group will deal with possible covert steps against the Iranian nuclear program.
Countering Iranian activity in the region, especially the Iranian entrenchment efforts in Syria and the Iranian support for Hezbollah and other terror groups. This working group will also deal with drafting U.S.-Israeli policy regarding the “day after” in the Syrian civil war.
Countering Iranian ballistic missiles development and the Iranian “precision project” aimed at manufacturing precision guided missiles in Syria and Lebanon for Hezbollah to be used against Israel in a future war.
Joint U.S.-Israeli preparation for different escalation scenarios in the region concerning Iran, Syria, Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Gaza.
Senior Israeli officials have confirmed that the U.S. and Israel arrived at “strategic understandings” with regard to Iran.

The “understandings” aim to strengthen the cooperation in countering the regional challenge Iran poses to a diminishing US, Middle East presence.

The Israeli officials said…

“[T]he U.S. and Israel see eye to eye the different developments in the region and especially those that are connected to Iran. We reached at understandings regarding the strategy and the policy needed to counter Iran. Our understandings deal with the overall strategy but also with concrete goals, way of action and the means which need to be used to get obtain those goals.”

thehill.com/policy/international/366721-us-israel-reach-cooperation-agreement-on-iran-report

reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-israel/syrian-iranian-backed-forces-advance-in-border-area-near-israel-idUSKBN1EJ024

timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-irans-christmas-greetings-the-height-of-hypocrisy/

This shit is full on Arab Revolt levels of regional instability.

I think you misunderstood me. I support Assad and so does Iran, the current Iranian government is an important backer of the Syrian government. The reason why I'm pro-Assad is because I support secular nationalism, and Iran ditching the Islamic government would be a first step into that direction.

Covert and diplomatic action to block Iran’s path
>Covert and diplomatic action to block Iran’s path
Covert
>Covert
Covert
>Covert
Covert

I think Central Asia will descend into anarchy over the course of the 2020s

express.co.uk/news/world/897423/Iran-protests-Mashhad-Ayatollah-Tehran-Hassan-Rouhani-Ali-Khamenei-Donald-Trump

haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/1.831803

>How come literally every protest in every country you guys think is funded by NGOs and the West

Because divide and conquer using existing friction points is exactly how international intelligence agencies do their job, and this is the area thats of biggest concern to our national security right now. We don't usually create these things out of wholecloth, but we capitalize on them as much as possible.

Consider that the only times these revolts don't work is when it's not in our national interests, like when Uzbekistan had those riots or the Turkey coup attempt.

I sense strong hate in these digits

Because though I may not be very smart, I am not retarded. I cannot stand Putin, he is a fucking monster.

that said, the west is trying to take down Putin and his allies. Iran is a key factor in the middle east. The western intelligence agencies have active programs to aid in the subversion of these nations. Same with the NGOs.

How could you ask such a question in all seriousness?

What is with the shilling? Been gone for two weeks, the shilling has changed a bit. what the fuck is going on?

Central Asia will make out like a bandit if they can ever leverage their mineral wealth. China's new Silk Road policy could either open the area up to valuable trade or draw in other global powers and turn the area into an even worse shitshow than it already is.

Khyber Pass 2.0 when?

>think Central Asia will descend into anarchy over the course of the 2020s
Well the US is doing what it can to create exactly that.
It has to fuck with Silk Road 2.0.

Very possible. Most of Central Asia is still ruled by communist era dictators, pretty much. No one knows what will happen when they die off. Many people also suspect that it could become the main setting for ISIS conflicts soon.

Trump's fault.

>tfw there's no way to invest in Uzbeki exports yet

I just want to capitalize on exploited central asian labor. Why is it so hard?

Uzbek is doing fine for now, they are using islamism and monster-worship(Tamerlane cult) as unifying propaganda. Maybe in another 50 or 70 years the islamism will get too strong to the point where it topples the existing Uzbek State. But for now it is a stabilizing force.

There's reason for that. Many of the ISIS fighters in Syria actually come from the 'stans. Many are and will be returning home, where they could very well raise some fresh hell

> a literal space Jew

This time yes.

His "I don't know shit" ME policy made people less scared of the west and of the muslim leadership, if you add that to the CIA infiltration of the last years they are now in a position to secularize the country again.

nothing bad will happen, just another war

islamists and isis-type shit were removed from central asia many times during last 200 years.

In related news,

jpost.com/Breaking-News/Jordans-Abdullah-dismisses-brothers-from-Jordanian-military-command-521372?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

archive.is/4ORA6

Based Sunni/Shia brinksmanship.

I need a quick rundown on the Shah Islam

Neutral. Let's see how situation will develop, and then judge - protests in Syria started peacefully too, but then CIA and jihadists came.

Gee great another Syria
Thanks Blumpf

The protesters. They want to get rid of the extreme wing of Islam and return to the meme that gets posted here of 1970s Iranian women with skirts in universities. Sure, they are all degenerate muds but at least by making them secular we eliminate their world conquering tendencies

Basically all the advances and discoveries and philosophers that Islam claims are all the product of Persian and Central Asian stock. The Arab Peninsula and Middle East has only ever produced warlords and jihads, and none of the intellectual capital. All the math and medicine came from Iran and Afghanistan.

The West can't tolerate the world becoming a three-axis power dynamic though so we have to use the Saudis as a regional bailiff to keep the rest in line.

It's all part of the schedule of wars:

The agenda: 7 countries in 5 years
In an interview with Amy Goodman on March 2, 2007, U.S. General Wesley Clark (Ret.), explains that the Bush Administration planned to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Iran.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

If they could only have dictatorship without Islam that would be great

All the inventions Persia claims actually came from the Byzantinze Empire.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_contributions_to_Islamic_world

>labor
Dude, almost nobody actually lives there outside of Ferghana valley. There's no teeming masses of exploitable labor.

Thank you. Perfect gestalt.

What about NK of course now that off the table since they went nuclear

This. Go Israel and go Iran. Peace is coming.

Check these skirts

Gosh if I only knew what Lauren Southern thought about all this

Every protest has some kind of agitprop but it can also be a legit protest at heart. Imagine protests as a team playing better with cheerleaders and a full stadium, there will inevitably be forces behind the protesters, those are actually the ones that go full blown.

There is objectively no difference between Byzantine Christianity and pre-Islamic Persian culture.

/thread

Lel, traps back then couldn't even get close to passing. Thank God for technology and medicine.

Fucking Kek.

Daily reminder to disregard all e celebs

You have to give money to her Patreon if you want the minute-to-minute updates, bros.

Translation: US intelligence is fucking around in the middle east again.

This thread has gone better than usual.

Out of all of the things happening in the Middle East, a secular Iran would be one of the best outcomes, this needs to be supported. Syria looks like it might be a Kurd-Assad split which would also be great.

>RUSSIA IN RIOTS
literally never happens

Iran has a stable regime and it won't go into pieces

>Translation: US intelligence is fucking around in the middle east again.
Again.
Again.
Dude, they never stop.
Not "again"
Just "still".

>he still thinks the Kurds are a viable political bloc

Yeah and last time they did that their Shah prostituted himself to Jew cock and then larped as a retarded Zoroastrian until he got cancer

also
>Kurds
lel

SKIMMED ALMOST HALF THE ENTIRE BOARD CATALOG AND THIS LITERAL NOTHING IS THE CLOSEST THING TO A HAPPENING

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF WINTER 2017

google.hr/amp/s/en.radiofarda.com/amp/28946510.html

It seems like if US gets the sanctions back Iran will be in even greater problems

Wonder what was the conclusion of US-Israel meeting

The Kurds deserve their own land to be goat fuckers in peace.

See what happens? Give 'em an inch...

Iranian police will no longer arrest women in Tehran for breaking Islamic dress codes

metro.co.uk/2017/12/29/iranian-police-will-no-longer-arrest-women-in-tehran-for-breaking-islamic-dress-codes-7190240/

I have a feeling that USA will soon start a fuckmassive propaganda campaign to support the protesters.
Then it quickly escalates and shortly US is shipping weapons and resources to the rebels.
Arab spring 2.0 incoming.
Though Iran is far from weak and they have Russia backing them up, so I'm not sure if this will actually lead to anything.

Here's the archive:
archive.fo/KD2nn

Eggselent kek

Also some of the security won't attack protesters

mobile.twitter.com/AmirTaheri4/status/946801055299497985

>every tribe with a cache of ATGMs deserves to be its own country

If they can't exist peaceably inside a larger nation-state why should they get their own?

Now that they are just dressed like Western whores, why even bother?

I thought they loved Islam what happened

mobile.twitter.com/hdagres/status/946824612238823424

protestors, the bad USA made Iran into the islamic shithole that it is and the new generation (much of the population is younger than 30) hates it. Now I suspect that good guys are working on overthrowing those old farts and sparking a new revolution that will revive the country with less religious rule over their people and more western values.

Apperantly they are economically broken prices too high and Iran spent to much on Syrian friendship

mobile.twitter.com/AliSalari1965/status/946848631352676352

Well they weren't great even before they were muslims after all

Wtf now I love the burka

fuck western values

this is another zog cia coup to benefit israel I hope the protestors get burned alive by white Phosphorus

>I have a feeling that USA will soon start a fuckmassive propaganda campaign to support the protesters.
>Then it quickly escalates and shortly US is shipping weapons and resources to the rebels.
How is this a bad thing? Fuck the iranians and fuck you if you support them.

>Leave Syria alone, think about muh price himes instead so Saudi Arabia and Israel can then make us their bitch

These people are legitimately retarded