This scene doesn't happen in the film, it's just the poster...

this scene doesn't happen in the film, it's just the poster, there is no scene where askua and shinji look ahead at lilith's head in the film itself

my question is where would this scene take place, is the correct answer sometime after shinji tries to choke asuka

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4
youtube.com/watch?v=HyaXz4BeaXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"I added it because it looks cool." -Anno when asked about all the shit pretentious western children think make Eva deep.

Are you stoned?

I was honestly more interested if anyone knew if there was a unused clip with this scene because I think it does indeed look cool, but in no version of the film is it included

there isn't a single shot where all three are in view and it kinda triggers my autism since the poster is not something from the film in a literal sense

no, just back in 1998 I expected to see this exact scene in the film, and it wasn't there, now I've watched 3 different versions of the film and some unused material + the alternate ending scripts and the scene isn't even mentioned anywhere

so I just wanted to check with other anime enthusiasts and maybe people who know more than me that this scene does NOT appear in the film at any point and is just a sort of interpretation of the ending in poster form

the poster scene does indeed take place after the film ends

yes

Name a deep non-pretentious anime

you cant

GitS S.A.C. 2nd GIG
it only ever gets as deep as it needs to, to tell the story it wants to tell, while still having some interesting themes.

give me a break mate, in what world is ghost in the fucking shell not pretentious

It's probably a reference to some seventies manga or anime Anno likes.

Correct. This is proof that the caress wasn't a "weak slap" like fujos want to believe.

7th.

I'm sure it is, but the main issue I'm trying to make is that the poster scene does not appear in the film and in a way it's a post ending scene for the film itself, I even found several youtube videos about this. the ending after the ending and it's a promo poster for the film, I don't know I just find this extremely intriguing

do fucking retards actually believe that? fucking hell

Eva's not the first film to have unrelated posters. You're overthinking this.

I'm maybe doing a poor job at translating my thoughts since english is not my first language, but the part that intrigues me is that the poster is related as in it's what happens after the film ends, it's literally what happens when shinji gets up from his choke session and he and asuka take a look at the horizon in silence

I would have loved it if this scene was in the film itself especially since I think the juxtaposition between the two and rei's head looks awesome

what is it with spics and anime

As opposed to anons & anime? We're all brands of weird.

awesome

>tfw the last scene of the film is literally the poster
The master, he does it again!

truly sublime, but he even went a step further with this one

how can other anime and mango even compete?

there are no anime enthusiasts on Sup Forums

elaborate

I'm not that user, but I'm pretty sure calling out an anime for its aesthetic choices (honestly, people cite the admission that the Christianity aesthetic was for style as if its a bad thing) disqualifies one from being an anime enthusiast.

And it's not just that either, people are constantly shitting on shows for vapid, meaningless reasons.

wtf i hate anno now

Dragon Ball Z

Deepshit doesn't get anime.
But for manga, shit aint hard at all.
Like, I don't know fucking anyone who would argue against the depth of Matsumoto's GoGo Monster.

But Giant Naked Rei's face was cut in half and resting on her right cheek.

poster shows only one side of the face, and it could have flipped while it was sinking in to the red lake

I think it takes place after the movie ends.
It has this "Life goes on" feel, for me at least.

Reminder that he was literally talking to children.

got any more pics like that?

Sure.
Keep lurking and don't be a newfag.

> Poster for the movie is actually ending scene which is not even shown in the movie

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

pretty much, kino as fuck

It's a cheap reference to Rosemary's baby poster.

There's no such thing as deep and non-pretentious. All philosophy is purely masturbatory and has little to no real world applications because they're nothing more than babby tier models of human consciousness at large or for the individual.

>the movie does not actually end in the theater, but when you walk out of the theater and see the poster, and maybe even after that when your own evangelion begins
Anno the mass duh mined

Name a deep non-pretentious _____.

body of water

Oh

youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4

I wonder at what timeslot this aired.

kek

Rei's head has a different position and is cut in half in the movie, so this precise scene can't happen. It's just a meta poster
But yeah it would obviously be after Shinji tries to choke Asuka

>my question is where would this scene take place, is the correct answer sometime after shinji tries to choke asuka
Damn, you cracked the code. You must be like a genius or something.

the poster doesn't exactly show the entire head only one half

You know movie poster aren't screenshots from their movies right?

I understand that, but there's a unique situation with this poster, that's what I'm trying to get across, the scene in the poster literally happens after the film ends

Even then. The head couldn't move that much, could it ?

You sound autistic.

nope, it could only sink in to the red sea, which is what it is doing in the poster

Ok so this whole thread is just bait, got it

wtf my man, why would you say that

youtube.com/watch?v=HyaXz4BeaXE

4:35 in this video the guy talks about pretty much what this entire thread is about, except I went here first before looking at stuff like youtube and evaforums

You really want to over think this do you? Fine.
It would be shown face forward at the end of the movie but face up in the poster if the head started to roll from the shallow neritic zone of the beach and into the deep of the ocean. Fucking happy now?

yeah, this, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets it

This is retarded. Movie posters don't have to be a moment taken from their movie, it can be a synthesis, a metaphor or just artistic. Here we see Rei's giant head looking at the sky, which is actually one moment during the instrumentality, where she looks at the stars while collecting the souls.
But Shinji and Asuka on the beach is after that, at the end of the movie. There is nothing to overthink about, it's just a movie poster

Also Rei's head is too massive to roll, it's stupid,

>Also Rei's head is too massive to roll, it's stupid,
ur stupid

this scene doesn't happen in the film, it's just the poster

When the dreaded day comes and they make a live action adaptation of Eva, I would be on the lookout for what kind of trailer they make. If they go with shitty ass thud-thuding trailer #23604 instead of something like this I will know it will be shit.

throat

I beg to differ...

What if there actually were two Reis?

It looks like this one was the original but they changed it for some reason for that poster. I never understood why.

there are 3 reis, but in that split head one side is rei and the other is kaworu

that happens tho, it's just a different perspective

How much sex did she and Asuka have before 3.33?

Kill yourself.

>asuka
>being touched by that slag

take it back

Well, I didn't mean with each other, but I can see why would think that.

So has any information on 4.44 been released at all or is it just gone forever?

>other is kaworu
D-damn

nothing new, but since shin godzilla came out one should think anno has nothing else to do and can focus on delivering 3.0 + 1.0 maybe late 2017 but more likely sometime in 2018

obviously nothing he does will come close to the end of evangelion

If you didn't automatically come to the conclusion that it takes place after the movie, there is no hope for you.

Texhnolyze.

*come close to ep. 25-26

ftfy

my nigga, after all the shit I heard about 25 26 I was expecting garbage and I was given pure kino, feels and tears of joy

>obviously nothing he does will come close to the end of evangelion
I know what you meant, but it's funny you chose that phrasing. I think there will be a fifth film eventually.

how can it come automatically when you see it you daft fuck, you need to see the movie first then it becomes clear it's depicting the ending of the film

kek, yeah

always comes in handy

background

Kino no Tabi