twitter.com/AnonBabble

Julian II is most fascinating to me.

Julius Caesar

Diocletian.

Trajan.

Marcus Aurelius
Read "Meditations"

you posted him
samulus higustus has achieved more for the roman empire than all of his predecessors and successors combined

Historically speaking, you're correct. This is also what a Roman would have said.

Seconded.

Babies first philosphy. It is good though, it should be mandatory reading.

Trajan of course, biggest extent of Roman Empire.

SAMULUS HIGUSTUS LEGIONES REDDE

He was never Emperor, you stupid memeflag.

Cincinnatus is an underrated one. He was appointed dictator to save a surrounded army, defeated his enemies in a single day, celebrated and then retired.

Basil III Bulgaroktonos

Augustus
Just because he was aesthetic

You mean Basil II.

Marcus Aurelius was a pretty cool dude and I can recommend reading his works as well.

My grandfather bought pic related for me for christmas.

biggus dickus

checked

Julius Caesar

Berlusconi

This. Objectively the best and actually cared for the Empire/people.

Wrong. Trajan is a disgustingly overrated glory hound. Hadrian had to clear up after his absurd mistakes and send a message to future emperors not to autistically waste troops on pointless campaigns.

Real life is not a map painter.

He was never emperor. Though I agree he is absolutely the embodiment of Roman virtues.

Sam Hyde fucking disappeared from the face of the Earth and it's a shame, I spent a lot of time listening to his content. Kinda feels like a friend is missing.

t. asshurt Briton descendant

You got rekt, deal with it

AUGUSTUS -FUCKING- CAESAR. Nobody will ever achieve as much.

Septimus Severus

Punic

That's a meme map. As soon as Trajan died the entire eastern frontier collapsed. The only thing of any note he did was get the Dacian gold supply, and even then it took a lot of brutal fighting and it exposed the fuck out of the Roman army by putting them in a salient beyond the Danube.

CALIGVLA

Mussolini

>Septimus Severus
>gave birth to carcalla
yeah no fuck off!

Woah... user, we're only discussing the official canon here.

Julian was not native roman

As soon as he died? So you mean he was the best since he kept it all together?

Checkmate

this
he was a good ruler as far as i am aware

Sam hide is a Fucking mongrel jew khazar ,look this amerimutt face

truly checkmate. im gonna call this one.

>So you mean he was the best since he kept it all together?

No. I mean he led his army into the east. Grabbed territory that was impossible to hold and then immediately died. The remnants of his army had to retreat.

Constantinus

plebs

Marcus Aurelius, only roman emperor that gave a meaningful contribution to philosophy and literature

All these replies and no "Hadrian the kike crusher". Sup Forums I am dissapoint

Any answer other than Augustus is retarded

I think he slipped into some kind of depression after his show got cancelled. His content in past year has been bizarre to say the least.

youtube.com/watch?v=OsIz-aG076g&t=97s

sory m8
been called

Octavian Augustus Caesar 2nd Emperor

Conservative that loved the Roman family values

Nicholas II

He's going to be fine once he's traveling in our traveling right wing culture fairs selling fucking DVDs and living it up.

Poor Sam, I really miss him making semi-regular content

the obvious answer.
please, the rest of you, kys.

elagabarus was Sup Forums incarnate

The only thing he can win is title of biggest retard contested by Caligula

fuckin checked

Alexios Komnenos. Gave Rome 400 years of extra life.

>Bar Kokhba revolt
>580,000 Jews killed, 50 fortified towns and 985 villages razed; "many more" Jews dead as a result of famine and disease

He went off the deep end for sure.

Has there ever been a more cowardly leader than Augustus? Reading his wikipedia its cringeworthy AF he literally "falls ill" and dissappears without explanation before every major battle and at every critical point in his life. Wtf was wrong with him? Was he low-test? Why did he play dead during a battle and only woke up when Agrippa had won the battle for him?

And to top it all off, he was poisoned by his one-itis even though he had literally named her son (his bitter enemy) his heir after she murdered all his chosen heirs. Has there ever been a bigger cuck than Augustus?

Vs. Belladonna is one of my favorites

The one true patrician answer.

Whichever Byzantine retook the Latin Empire
Honorable mentions for Augustus and Justinian

He gave the byzantines 400 extra year...rome was latin, the byzantines were gr*ek which means basically niggers

Agrippa was an absolute chad.

>Byzantium isn't Rome

This is a surefire way to detect someone who knows fuck all about history aside from playing Total War and watching Gladiator.

Wrong. Julian's contributions were more interesting and original than Marcus's repackaging of Stoicism.

>justinian
He was a good and diligent emperor, he shouldn't have the status he has now.
He let his wife influence him too much regarding Belisarius in Italy -because even though it was clear he had no imperial ambitions, she still halted both at every turn- and a lot of the money of which he was able to fund his campaigns came from Anastasius's temperate rule.
I'm not shitting on him to be clear he did "reclaim" Italy from the Goths and more.
i haven't read a book the post

Hmmm whichever one was in charge in 70 A.D. when the walls of Jerusalem were breached and the greatest slaughter of jews in history took place.

The virgin senators vs the chad Caligula

He's talking about the first Palaiologoi who retook Cinstantinople. I forget his first name.

Hadrian is in the worst emperors for stopping the expansionist politic with Constantin for splitting the Empire in 2.

Just my conclusion based on some information I've read on a website.

>for stopping the expansionist politic

Real life isn't a video game you silly frog. Rome had reached its natural boundaries long before Trajan came onto the scene. Read Luttwak's Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire or Benjamin Isaac's The Limit of Empire.

>Just my conclusion based on some information I've read on a website.

>mfw

read the second line
>Honorable mentions for Augustus and Justinian
The only other i can think of is Justin II and i really doubt he is talking bout him

>On 4 February 362, Julian promulgated an edict to guarantee freedom of religion. This edict proclaimed that all the religions were equal before the law, and that the Roman Empire had to return to its original religious eclecticism, according to which the Roman state did not impose any religion on its provinces. The edict was seen as an act of favor toward the Jews, in order to upset the Christians.
I will say he is a very fascinating figure, but had he known that the Byzantines would be the longest lasting empire, he would have probably dropped the conviction that Christianity was detrimental.

Vespasian

The greatest

Diocletian, because he was born here and made nice palace where he had cabbage and torture basemont

Still waiting for Hitler on ice

His throat is the deep end.

That would be Vespasian. But it was his son the later emperor Titus who led the siege and defiled the Jewish "Holy of Holies".

kek
they make him suck jewish cock to get on tv?

what are the big boxes on sticks in this relief?

Nero because
>Umu

Caligula

They used to have words on them explaining what the spoils of war were for the crowds watching.

probably Marcus Aurelius because of Meditations

Augustus

Tiberius because his name is badass

Why was the Las Vegas shooter dressed up like a Roman? When was that picture taken? How long before he shot up hundreds of people in Vegas was he dressing up as a Roman and running around?

>itt people prefer a booklet over national achievements

Marcus Aurelius.

Dat Stoicism really activates my almonds.

Samus Hyde

What happened to Belisarius is a fucking shame, rarely such great and loyal men are shat upon so disgracefully.

Claudius.

"Commodus is a good kid, he's just going through a phase. I'm sure he'll smarten up."

- Marcus Aurelius