Is there any doubt that Mob Psycho 100 was AOTY 2016?

Is there any doubt that Mob Psycho 100 was AOTY 2016?
>stellar adaption of the manga designs
>god tier art direction
>best TV animation of the last 5 years at least
>excels as comedy, battle series and character drama
>satisfying ending with sequel hook
Who can even compete?

It was ok, definately not AOTY.

AOTY

As someone who identifies as a common food additive this is my AOTY

The english dub was great

Dub Reigen and Mob were top notch, minor characters and background voices ranged from ok to below average.

I liked Mob Psycho but Thunderbolt Fantasy was the true champion of 2016.

floop fleppers though

It was one punch man except it tried to take itself seriously

In other words it was fucking garbage

It was the AOTY for me too.

More like OPM done right without the memes to lure in normalfags, capeshit lovers and DBS kids.

Only anime of season that I finished

anyword on season 2?

Maybe after OPM 2.

Flip Flappers was my personal AOTY but Mob was great

bones is working on hero academia next season and then some other show but no words past that. maybe in a year or less we'll see some info or air date

Yuri on Ice
New Game
Konosuba
Drifters
Re:Zero
Kabaneri
Love Live Sunshine
Ping Pong Girls
Those were better shows.

>no
>no
>no
>yes
>no
>no
>no
>yes

Nothing yet, but it's coming. I believe.

Wasn't Tachikawa busy with an original project?
No point without him.

>nope
>naw
>not even
>no
>never, kill yourself
>いいえ。
>no
>yes
Shakunetsu was unironically AOTY.

>Shakunetsu was unironically AOTY.
Mi negro.

I liked Flip Floppers more (particularly since that was an anime original), but Mob Psycho 100 was excellent.
Shigeo is a huggable little guy. The whole theme of deflating egos and false modesty gets a little eye-rolling at times, but it's part of the running gag with his mentor, so whatever.

Thanks anons

Regardless whether or not you think it was AOTY 2016, can we all agree Reigen was bestboy of 2016?

I'd like to see Kameda do character designs for a show with a more expressive main character.

I thought it was YoI

I thought it was pretty disappointing.

All of those were shit though.

None of these were even watchable, let alone good. Mob wasn't just good, it was downright great.

It's a tie between Mob and Luluco.

What does a Madhouse show have to do with a Bones show?

Mob is boring AF and kills his own show whenever his dumbass speaks

>Who can even compete?
Rakugo.
Top notch story telling and build up beats it sadly.

>Yuri on Ice
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>New Game
Meh
>Konosuba
No
>Drifters
Meh adaption, I dropped it and picked up the manga
>Re:Zero
Back to R.eddit
>Kabaneri
Fuck off
>Love Live Sunshine
AHAHAHAHAHA
>Ping Pong Girls
Meh

You know it deep in your heart

ok you cannot seriously tell me any important aspects of Kabaneri or Re;Zero are better than mob psycho

Some staff overlap if I'm not mistaken.

Bones has a booth at Anime Japan 2017, so with lots of luck and praying, maybe an announcement could me made there. More realistically though, we'll probably have to wait until the end of the year for some news, just like what happened with OPM.

would we even get to the broccoli arc in S2?

I see the art of subtle baits has faded away

Now that they have 3 Eureka Seven movies in the works I wouldn't expect Mob 2 any time soon.

If it was two cour probably. 1 cour isn't enough to fit in the urban legends arc, Mogami arc, seperation arc and then the Claw world domination arc, but at the same time I feel two cours is a bit too much for all these arcs and we'd have quite a lot leftover.

MOGAMI ARC WHEN

Flying Witch.

But I really enjoyed 3-gatsu no Lion, so happy second season was announced.

Read the manga.

I liked it

haven't seen anything better than it yet

moefag, pls

It was great but my AOTY 2016 was Rakugo.

I can't even name another 2016 anime

how was false modesty a theme of MP100?

no competition

Remember on a thread long ago that someone mentioned the CD came with a HD video of the Creditless OP/ED. Anyone still have a link to that?

And regardless of AOTY or not, there can be no doubt that Reigen best boy.

I actually enjoyed watching it without knowing where it's going to lead beforehand.

I will read manga just before second season, stop where season 1 left off, wait until season 2 is finished to be able to dive into the manga 100% in case there won't be any subsequent seasons.

I actually hope live action movies will be a success, pretty sure anime is being made to promote them.

Man 2016 most of been a really shit year for that to be AOTY.

Reigen in particular was fucking hilarious.

End of separation arc if it was one cour. Ideally world domination arc as a movie.

why? mob is pretty good

as a fan of strategical fights/matches, I liked Keijo's manga more. Unfortunately, the anime had severe adaptation compression though (and could've made the hits more graphically impactful, too, like Ippo)

Mob Psycho 100 wasn't even the best anime of 2016 that had a character with a pompadour in it. Definitely not AOTY

>excels as comedy
the number one part of a joke is subversion. There is exactly ONE point in which there is any subversion in Mob Psycho. The end of episode 2.

But Mob was really good, user.

David Pro should learn how to make an adaptation from Bones.

Mob was boring done to death battle shounen

shounenfag please

Mob was boring

>Who can even compete?
EIther Ange Vierge or Gakuen Handsome were AotY 2016
Ange Vierge won Sup Forums's yearly end of year poll if you didn't count people with less than 5 anime watched during the year.

Disc sale was mediocre. Original didn't get any boost. No second season.

>mobfags keep praising the show as the best thing since sliced bread
Worst fanbase ever.

>been following the manga for a couple of years
>occasional threads were great and cozy to be in
>anime announcement
>high hopes, but also horror
>"Mob Shitco"
>anime starts
>it's like the entirety of some anime forum moved in and brought their shit with them
>drawfags (usually a welcome addition) that were obviously not from here - emoticons-using, some said that certain anons' relatively normal requests were "problematic, creepy, weird", but then they go and draw some incredibly lewd shit. Come the fuck on.
>shitposters attracted like flies to honey, making things even worse
>obsessive fangirling over Reigen (he's great, but jesus christ, you people were acting like 13 year olds ADHD patients on drugs)

I have no idea how a manga that was supposed to feel like a kick in the balls (in the beginning) could warrant such threads.

The anime was great, but I really feel people like are correct.

Fujos are cancer, more at eleven

>drawfags (usually a welcome addition) that were obviously not from here - emoticons-using, some said that certain anons' relatively normal requests were "problematic, creepy, weird",
Wait, when did that part, happen?

It didn't.

Not for me, but okay.

That's what I was thinking, been following the threads closely from episode 3 onwards and I never saw that shit. Not that it matters anymore anyway since threads are just dead these days or there isn't any thread at all when I don't translate

Only 2016 anime I know of are Mob Psycho 100, Berserk CGI and Drifters. There are also two shows that reddit likes, yuri on ice and re: whatever, but I don't know anything about them.

nah

I think you're forgetting something, OP

It's a mix of:
A. Guaranteed to be popular outside of Sup Forums, so it attracts shitposters who just want the maximum attention possible
B. It's popular outside of Sup Forums, so it attracts people that normally don't come here but wander in looking for discussion about that particular series
C. It attracted OPM fans who assumed that another series by the same creator would be more of the same. This includes powerlevel DBZ shounen crew and an unhealthy amount of mexicans. They also turn to shitposting when they realizing this isn't a glorified OPM season two.
D. Fujoshi appeal. Western fujos are pathological social network junkies so even the ones who browse here regularly have their mind half on tumblr and poli-twitter and repost shit from there. But there's also plenty (and I do mean plenty) of ones who come here for the first time and have no idea that their narrow subculture values aren't accepted universally.

These groups aren't necessarily a problem individually because they'll either figure out how to not be obnoxious on Sup Forums or leave, but when they all come at once in droves, it drowns out everything else for a while, and since most have no intention of sticking around after the relevant show ends, they just use the threads are their designated shitting street for a while.

I learned recently that apparently most social media websites lack any sort of way to facilitate proper group discussions, so a lot of these people end up on Sup Forums when they want to talk about things, just for a lack of alternative.

Don't they have like 4 studios though? I think they'd be able to deal with several projects like they did last year (Show By Rock 2, BnHA, Mob, ConRevo 2 etc.)

Do we even have numbers for Mob's manga sales or how many people follow it on urasunday? Anyway, Noragami sold less and still got a S2. Disc sales aren't everything.

>D. Fujoshi appeal. Western fujos are pathological social network junkies so even the ones who browse here regularly have their mind half on tumblr and poli-twitter and repost shit from there. But there's also plenty (and I do mean plenty) of ones who come here for the first time and have no idea that their narrow subculture values aren't accepted universally.
To add a little to what you said, I think a lot of posters were also legit gay guys, fudanshi or at least peeps who tolerated the gay posting. Not that I minded since it warded off the shitposters but it's true that it could and did repel those who weren't into that kind of shit.

How does it ward off shitposters?

"too gay, I'm out" or something like that if you will. plus the fact that Re:Zero was airing at the same time probably helped a bit.
Frankly, aside from a few shitposting sprees the thread were mostly comfy imo.

There's not really much distinction between fujoshi and fudanshi, especially in the west here where they essentially all share the same subculture.

Most of the gayposting was definitely fujos, though. This happens with any show that becomes popular within their subculture, and often most of what seems like guys posting is just fujos RPing because the idea of a guy being gaga for gay boys is as appealing to them as the gay boys themselves. It only starts driving people away when there's so much of it relative to anything else (eg. actual show discussion) that it drowns out any other topic. When that happens, people who aren't interested in that topic start dropping out because there's nothing in the thread that interests them. I'm fine talking around "Reigen is best boy" but when that becomes all the thread is about, there's just nothing really else to say.

all of none moefags agree with you , konosuba was good , just good you fucking tasteless casuals !

Sales weren't mediocre.
But with production values that high, you have to wonder what their endgame was, since it realistically never could have sold more than OPM, that was several times more popular even before getting an anime.

Mobfags are so fucking delusional.

This might have really been a passion project, despite it being an adaptation of an existing original work. It really shows when you see the amount of effort that was poured into pretty much every part of the production (soundtrack, VAs, animation, direction etc.).

It was good but not the best.