What'll his next masterpiece be?

What'll his next masterpiece be?

Other urls found in this thread:

eterire.com/grandstage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>next masterpiece
He never did one though.

He broke his streak of masterpieces with YKA

It wasn't a masterpiece like Utena but it was about as good as Penguindrum.

Honestly, I felt it was too predictable so I can't put them at the same level of quality. I enjoyed it more than Penguindrum.

I feel the opposite, Penguindrum tried too hard to be unpredictable with plot twists, red herrings and cliffhangers, that Utena did not have or needed.
YKA was never quite as good as Penguindrum was in its best moments, but it was more honest and focused. That's why I consider them on the same level.

Penguindrum was shit though

Something about lesbians and cars

He'll be inspired by what Yuasa is doing with Devilman and make a new Cutie Honey series

>He'll be inspired by what Yuasa is doing with Devilman and make a new Cutie Honey series

A homo anime with guys this time.
They'll turn into grills at the end.

Gotta have a masterpiece in the first place in order to make the "next" one

Going for the fujoshi audience seems inevitable in this market if he actually wants to sell something next time.

Trigger already took care of that.

He'll just storyboard openings and endings for a few years as he comes up with catchphrases.

And dicks can give him more chances for symbolism.

>He'll be inspired by what Yuasa is doing with Devilman and make a new Cutie Honey series

YES, PLEASE!

>Going for the fujoshi audience seems inevitable in this market if he actually wants to sell something next time.

That's why he should adapt this

eterire.com/grandstage/

Epic and original post, user.

What's with newfags shit talking Utena lately?

They like being edgy

Enlightenment

Penguindrum was dumb, but I wish I had watched it with Sup Forums. I feel like the weeklong breaks between episodes, filled with specula, shitflinging, shipping, shitposting, insults and exhilaration at each new development would have made it a much, much more enjoyable show.

I loved Penguindrum the three times I watched it, but the first one watching with Sup Forums was really something special. Added to the experience.

what if he directs Yuri on ice next?

Skating scenes would be stock footage.

But they already used stock footage in season 1.

It would be cooler stock footage.

Penguindrum > YKA > Utena

IMO. Though they're all good.

This is literally my dream anime. Collab with Ikuhara x Yamamoto.

When Ikuhara was going balls-to-the-wall weird, I was loving it.
But the character writing was so bland that I couldn't give much of a fuck about their home life, which killed much of the reason to give a fuck about the show.
It just felt like it was repeating the same things over and over and over and over again for no gain or insight.

Make it a collaborative between these two and have them work on a reboot for Dirty Pair would be my dream.

Of course the poster who ranks his undeniable magnum opus as his worst hasn't even seen all his work.

this is bait

They finally watched NGE because of the BD release, and wanted more like it so then they went to Utena.

People that didn't understand Penguindrum don't like Penguindrum.
People that didn't understand YKA like YKA. It's the worst thing Ikuhara has ever done, it's frankly out of character.

Oh well, we'll always have 2011 Sup Forums.

Utena is the least his, unless you mean the movie.

>it's frankly out of character.
It's the same story he's always told. Seems like you didn't understand it.

>People that didn't understand YKA like YKA
I both didn't understand it and didn't like it. Apparently, it wasn't even about yuri.

SuperS is the Sailor Moon's season Ikuhara had more creative control and he put coffins and shit. Queen Nehelenia is a proto-Akio with a princess theme instead of a prince theme

>People that didn't understand Penguindrum don't like Penguindrum.
I didn't understand Penguindrum when it aired, but I still liked it.

Lesbian gay men

I understand Penguindrum and I didn't like it
Well, I like some of it; mostly the first half.

Utena as a project is undeniably stronger than any other of his, even if he personally didn't board much.

Ikuhara was definitely the muscle. This is an old school Hollywood term. On a movie there's always a muscle, it can be a director, a producer, even an actor. It's the one pushing his/her vision on the project and pushing the other visions into one direction. Ikuhara was Utena's muscle

Yes, he always uses the same major elements even if he changes their appearance according to the show (coffins -> cages -> boxes).

In Utena you can feel Enokido having a presence almost as strong as Ikuhara. It's especially evident after seeing the successive works of both.

I mean there's always the outlier or two but besides two (possibly the same guy) autistic Utenafags I've haven't seen it.

>it's a Toei left Ikuhara unsupervised again episode