Wait... what wrong with this ending? I thought it was fine

wait... what wrong with this ending? I thought it was fine.

nothing wrong with impregnating the girl you raised as your daughter

People got mad because they tried their best to pretend for years that their shitty pedo incest story was actually deep and complex so Chad wouldn't bully them at uni for it, then the author BTFO'd them by making it obvious.

It came out of nowhere plus Daichi doesn't even seem into the whole thing. It would've worked out a bit better if the mangaka built up to the confession but she didn't.

Spooks
Moralfaggotry
Normalfags

The holy trinity of retardation

Huh?

Normalfags can't into anime and manga.

Normalfags cry about it because "EWWW SO CREEPY"

>so Chad wouldn't bully them at uni for it
You know this is a josei manga, right?

I liked it and the shitstorm it caused

Every time I see someone cry about it I have a giggle

People read a story about a young girl and her daddy, forgetting that it was written by a woman and thus "daddy" would eventually take on another more Electra-fying meaning.

basically this.
i understand the whole parallel between rin and her mom both liking older men, but it didnt help that this ending basically came out of nowhere.

the manga would have been so much better if it didnt have the shit-tiered time skip arc and kept on being about daichi being a parent.

To answer all complaining about normalfags: it's not the fact that Daikichi is dating his "daughter" that is disturbing, but how forced it was. Daikichi was visibly uncomfortable with this turn of events, as his side of the "romance" was non-existent, since entire time Rin was for him a daughter figure, not a love interest. For the whole manga he saw her as his daughter and he didn't wish for any of that shit to happen. His love was parental, not romantic. The ending would be acceptable if manga established that Daikichi also desires Rin, but it didn't and the result was broken Daikichi wondering when the hell did everything go wrong.

Maybe author was interested only in her daddy issues and focused completely on Rin, but we were reading this from Daikichi's perspective. We signed up for story about a lonely guy raising a cute daughter, not a girl developing an Electra complex. I couldn't give two fucks about some social norms and taboos, the ending was shit because of failed expectations and a very poor execution of author's wet fantasy.

In simpler terms: the issue is shitty writing, not some HURR DURR DONUT FUK YER KID moralfagging.

Didn't the author get forced to continue the manga by his editor after a certain point and proceeded to screw things up as retaliation?

>rin and her mom both liking older men
Her mom didn't, though, remember? Thanks to the good old NBR asspull, Rin wasn't Daikichi's grandfather's kid after all.

If you'd paid attention more when you read the manga, you wouldn't have been surprised so much by the ending. There were plenty of clues.

nah i remember that, and while that was also bullshit, i do recall her saying that she liked older men a lot.
Even if we're not supposed to take it at face value, i still feel like there was supposed to be a parallel to rin and her mom.

Not like this makes the writing any less shit.

I'm sure the second part of that is speculation, but if you read the author blurbs at the end of the volumes she does say she never intended for the series to go on for that long but it just kept "growing and growing"

Spooks?

It's a /lit/ meme/buzzword. No fucking clue what it has to do with this, though.

Tell me LN readers, is this going to be another Usagi Drop?

It was written by a female mangaka, in a magazine for older women.

It was ALWAYS meant to be about daddy issues.

>It was ALWAYS meant to be about daddy issues.
She did a shit job at it though, that's the problem.

Yes.

Did she?

We are still talking about it years after it ended. I'm sure that women who are into this were delighted.

That he didn't marry her entirely willingly is part of the fantasy.

Like how fucked up is it before I drop it?

it was good,
it's just moralfags being moralfags.

this.
Rin wanted to win the D since volume 6

NBR relationship is never good. It's called being a pleb.

>the manga would have been so much better if it didnt have the shit-tiered time skip arc and kept on being about daichi being a parent.
>not knowing half the fucking manga was about rin living life being raised by "her daikichi" who she expressedly states since childhood is not her parent

Just because Daikichi's grandfather wasn't Rin's father doesn't mean that Rin's mom wasn't in love with him while they were together

Why would you raise the children of another man if not to do what daikichi did. if you are lonely pick a dog or something, don't be a cucky by proxy

>a kid said her legal guardian isn't a parent so that means he isn't

I still don't get why he didn't get with the hot milf, they were perfect for each other

>tfw daikichi probably drank himself into a stupor so he could suppress his own urge to hang himself long enough to bang rin on their wedding night

nigger had the hardest life. probably had to drug himself to get hard enough

Women with daddy issues as usual.

Why is Daikichi so skinny? anime > manga confirmed

that's not what alcohol does to your peepee

Read Stirner. It's not a buzzword, it means, essentially, things that you are taught to fear from a young age so that by the time you are an adult, logic isn't strong enough to break it's hold over your mind and outlook.