Ghost in the Shell: Live action

New video. First 5 minutes of the movie for those that want a good sample

youtube.com/watch?v=HlXuACzsPcw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zS9UW2xjdqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one wants a sample of a shitty movie. Go shill somewhere else.

Man, that was pretty bad
>slomo firefight
>dropping story homages left and right but the story is completely different
>nigh-on nonsensical dialogue
And yet they know I'm still going to see it
fuck

It looks like it'll deliver on being a fun, high budget action movie that happens to share some designs, settings a cues from GITS

I am fine with this, I wish the lead would deliver the lines a bit more convincingly, it was liked they had no idea how to direct her lines so they said "don't, just read it"

>nigh-on nonsensical dialogue
What do you mean?

don't, my man.

how can it be fun with her ugly face on screen almost the entire time?

Honestly it looks a lot better after watching the Death Note teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=zS9UW2xjdqE

>this is major

hahahaha that derp

After watching the 5 minutes might be an OK tier after all.

paramount shill pls go.

thank you

>old boy 2013 uses non Korean actors
>nobody bitches because its not a murrican film

Wew

That's some pretty next-level contrarianism here.

>metacontrarianism will always be the assumption over honest opinions
guys this isn't Sup Forums

surprise surprise its shit

It's more that ScaJo can't act beyond the one character that she really plays. This clip is yet more evidence of that.

that's only because it takes longer than 5 minutes to get to the basic hollywood formula of female badass is betrayed by people she thought she could trust

Then why are you feigning mild enjoyment?
Only a Sup Forumsfag would be so far up the rabbithole of contrarianism that he'd settle for that option. It's like the ultimate dishonest opinion.

>high budget action
You have got to be kidding me.

Can't act and looks like shit.

Probably because the setting and everything was changed so it wouldn't be retarded.
And it was still a really mediocre version of the movie.

that's a lot of implications
this is my opinion and I do think it's interesting to talk about

Better pulled off than any shitty female jap actor

Literally only male Chinese actors are good in the industry from that side of asia

That suit still looks fucking cheap as hell.

Okay, why are you gonna see it if you know it's gonna be pretty bad?

Man Scarlet Jo can't act

Here's an idea:

how about getting an attractive and competent actress, instead of an ugly one who doesn't even try to act?

Regardless of ethnicity.

I really want to see how bad it is

also Scarjo's ass in tights and the .01% chance it isn't a giant turd

If that is really your honest opinion, that means you have genuinely shit taste. Even fucking bayformers is much more polished than this. Your typical summer blockbusters' trailer looks way better than this one.

Pretty much. It's retarded that people keep going on about muh whitewashing when the bigger problem is that she sucks as an action movie star.

>Better pulled off than any shitty female jap actor
Doesn't mean shit. Better off getting better female actress, white or not. "At least X is better than Y" is a bullshit defence that implies you're not even trying, you just contend to 'not be the worst', which is a shit tier hurdle to clear.

>Scarjo's ass in tights
she's no longer 21 you know.
It's not gonna be her ass, it'll be a CGI animation.

Then just torrent it. Otherwise you're part of the problem for why movies like these will continue to be bad.

but a lack of acting talent is actually a strength in this instance since she needs to reduce emoting

>how about getting an attractive

Are we really going to pretend Mokoto is attractive besides that Sac pandering design?

Idiot, most of it will be the stuntswoman's body you'll be seeing.

>people thought Marvel could actually sell a Black Widow movie

I mean she runs an online brothel/hosts regular orgies online so she's gotta have something going for her?

Just watching the promos annoys me. They have to tell me the basic plot to get me interested.
WE SAVED YOU, NOW YOU SAVE OTHERS
THEY DIDN'T SAVE YOUR LIFE, THEY STOLE IT!

It's just so predictable and bland.

deadpan acting =/= lazy underacting

And again, it depends a lot on facial morphology. If they had gotten an eerily beautiful actress with an intense stare, even a mediocre performance could work.

cant believe shes got a holster built into her leg. not a cool holster like robocop but a floppy flesh colored strap.

>Motoko
>not attractive

Scarjo looks fucking lost and uncertain in Avengers any time she's supposed to look tough. "Reduce emoting", yeah right. She can't emote for shit. This is another retarded argument.

man they aren't even being subtle with the robocop shit

Anyone else just wanna see the Half in the Bag?

Pretty much just Robocop Female Version.

She's great in Hail Caesar, because she plays the role of a bitter, chain-smoking, aging hollywood actress who's only hired for her tits.

She really breathes life into that specific role.

I wonder why.

Meh

So the first five minutes is a ripoff of the start of the first movie into the first episode of SAC.
This makes me angrier than it should.
Also, "This is Major."
Fuck that writing. If there was just a little article in there saying "This is THE Major" it would have been perfectly fine.
Fuck this movie.
Only that spoiler screenshot of her looking at the tombstone marked Motoko Kusanagi has convinced me to bother in the slightest with this piece of shit movie.

She is literally ugly as fuck outside of SAC

me, desu.

Jay is probably gonna rip through it.

Please. Robocop female version would be pretty cute and sexy

Best design in SAC was Motoko's formal uniform.

Cut all of the dialogue and it would've been half decent.

No really, the dialogue was exceptionally bad. You don't have to say "accessing hotel security" while showing us what is obviously the character looking through the hotel on some tacky CGI pinup. You don't need the major giving a narrated play by play of "shots fired" and so on. The absurdly on the nose "threats to individuality" shit were almost painful to listen to.

Show is these details. Don't blithely announce them to us. Don't narrate over 'cool' visuals. That CGI probably cost you millions to put together, let it speak for itself. Hot fuck.

Scarjo simply isn't an action star. I actually like some of her roles here and there, but she seriously, seriously can't into action movies.

>Robocop female version would be pretty cute and sexy
Only if it's made by moonlanders. This is hollywood we're talking about.

Man, the fact that they made Robocop's suit black when he's working under the big evil corporation and silver when he's gone renegade in the remake just seems so childish. It's absurdly simplistic and obvious that I can't imagine what kind of audience they were aiming for.

the far right top one and the bottom left one both look fine by me.

3/5 of those are good and 2/5 of them aren't awful

didn't you see the promo material?
Her child self is played by an asian girl.
She was LITERALLY whitewashed, brainwashed and re-made into a bland robot with a bullshit name by a greedy company.

Fiction matches reality.

>I'm still going to see it

You best not be shitting on OG Shirow art, retarded proportions aside.

thanks for proving yourself wrong

oh, so you mean the SAC design?

>Show is these details. Don't blithely announce them to us
You have to if you want to target a broader audience, which they are. Look at how people on here like to complain about too much exposition in anime while at the same time there are threads about "why did person do that thing". Similar thing going on when it comes to movies for the masses. Most people suck at paying attention.

Fuck. I missed that. I've been trying to keep away from this as much as possible.

2/5 of those are same designs

And are the only ones i said I'd call " attractive"

the only one that's bad is the Arise design

the other three are extremely attractive

Shit taste

>that Sac pandering design?
I don't see any pandering.
The sexiest thing about SAC Motoko was her dub voice.

That opening shot is pandering so hard, and yet it just looks bad in the context of movie.

I wonder if I'm just too biased against this to appreciate it though.

>we
Go be retarded on your own.

Yes, Yes I do. Not everyone on this website is a contrarian edgelord trying to disagree with everything you say.

Ugly ass 90's women hair

>people r dumb
This is a terrible excuse. It's not even about whether the audience picks up on those details, those details themselves are pointless. They're purely aesthetic, they exist to look pretty. Telling the audience what is self-evident doesn't help them follow along when there's nothing to follow. Some handholding is fine but this is just filling dead air time with white noise because they don't have a decent soundtrack to accompany their visuals

honestly, SAC Motoko's face is pretty bland.

manga Motoko is by far the prettiest.

>Appleseed
>90's

You are one tasteless motherfucker.

that's 80s hair and it's gorgeous.

>This is a terrible excuse
Tell that to them, I don't make the rules.

> just filling dead air time with white noise
That's the point. It's a lazy way to 'create' that futuristic vibe since old timey sci-fi.

Man you people are seriously blind

1998 Motoko literally looks like a plain as fuck asian with a bland face that doesn't give off a sexy vibe like the sac one

Telling me that one looks attractive is just bs

>I don't make the rules.
You don't even know the rules, you're just making excuses for something being bad based on some teenage angst veiled as ignorant cynicism. We get it, you think people suck and are dumb --all of them but you apparently. Go cry to someone who cares.

I don't even want to look at the comments.

please tell me there's at least a few that express disgust

It also just makes her seem unprofessional.

While I understand that they need to announce her title/name so the audience knows the character would generally not have to tell her team "This is Major" over the comm and rarely does so in the original stories because shes the only one on that small team that sounds like a woman and they'd know. Also the "hallway, six men, shots fired" line is retarded anyway, with such a futuristic way to use the security system that it creates this 3d grid wouldn't whoever she is talking to already know that, and even if they don't shes not really helping. Its not like there is only one hallway in the entire building.

1998 Motoko doesn't exist, dumbo.

Makoto is at her most attractive in the 1995 film.

The SAC outfit looks like garbage.

Whenever that movie came out or whenever

Audiences ARE stupid and they don't like when that fact is pointed out.
But Hollywood has to pander to the literal lowest common denominator flyover state bumblefuck. Because it's those flyover bumblefucks who throw tons of money at every new, retarded flick that Micheal Bay puts out because it doesn't make them feel stupid.

So if the movie doesn't spoonfeed them like retards, they'll call it pretentious. Because they think it's not their job to understand the movie, but the movie's job to elucidate itself to them. And hey, replace "movie" with "anime" and you'll have Sup Forums.

I think it doesn't look half bad. An adaptation can never deliver 100% of what the source material is. The effects look good and there were several philosophical references that will keep this adaptation afloat until my viewing. I will make the judgment when I watch it. If Edge of Tomorrow was good then I will give this a chance.

Also who the fuck introduces themselves as "This is Major"

Hes talking about the second movie.

SAC's facial design is flat and derivative of female characters around that time, the only somewhat notable things about her face are the lines denoting fuller lips and the width between the eyes.

Nice try, shill. Take your $.50 you made for that and buy yourself a gumball and cram it up your ass.

In the movie there's no dialog from her, it makes her way more mysterious and badass

In the manga she just makes a comment about the connexion fucking up and hacking the surveillance system herself to avoid detection. Makes her way more professional-sounding and competent.

shit that was terrible

Yeah we get it bud, you're so much smarter than the audience and than Sup Forums.
Go be a big guy for your home board.

>Makoto is at her most attractive in the 1995 film.

Nigga, THIS is attractive?

That was way too chaotic. Everything in the original's opening scene was executed with precision.

>the second movie
oh you mean the 2004 movie?

The movie in which she doesn't appear with her own body?

The only people who don't like being told that audiences are stupid are the stupids in the audience.

Yeah, that was kind of my point as well. Her mindless blabbering makes it seem like shes a rookie walking through the steps. Kusanagi in the original would just go handle the situation because shes both trained and built to be a professional from top to bottom.

Compared to this? Yeahh all you fags gotta get your eyes checked

Could be worse. CGI body is pretty hot.

I'm glad Japan is electing groovy African guys to high office. Very open minded.

But I am still displeased that they are treating "Major" as her name or some sort of code name or something, rather than her mere rank. Can Ghost in the Shell not even have a Kusanagi in it?

The real Major would never have panic-shot the damned robot at the end for just making a face at her.

What did they mean by this?

yeah it's pretty attractive. Looks a bit like jenny wright in her prime.

yea it is