Best Bible

What Bible should I start reading? I want to get saved, but I have no idea where to start. Thanks for any future replies. :)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_writing#Bronze_Age_writing
youtube.com/watch?v=3mwhao7I__o
youtube.com/watch?v=8MEULxc1yns
youtube.com/watch?v=e642nN6c7Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=msVuCEs8Ydo
youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
g.mansh.net/panchatantra/the-devta-and-the-weaver
youtube.com/watch?v=Wc01No3LV70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The one not written by jews. Oh wait

>Building personal philosophy on that which built one of the greatest civilisations the world has ever seen.

lol dum dums readin new book go read dawkinz u noobs

Try to read multiple translations to get the nuances of what’s being said; I personally switch between CJB(compete Jewish Bible) and NIV

What’s important is that you search for god entirely and not simply a version of god or how you want to see god

Bill Evans talked of the important of close study and thorough study to avoid building convictions on top of generalizations

the 10 commandments are essentially "be a good person". Christianity didn't do much besides come around at the right time. All the heavy lifting was done by its predecessors.

Many of the surrounding nations of Israel were sexually degenerate and had massive baby-eating orgies. The 10 commandments were revolutionary.

Bro, new and Old Testament writings are the oldest surviving writings humans have besides hieroglyphs.

The New Testament is pretty antisemitic by today's standards, I was shocked at how much shit Jesus threw at the Jews calling them out on their hypocrisy, sons of the devil and the synagoge of satan, I mean besides God's plan for redemption and the influence of Satan in their hearts, no wonder they wanted to kill him so bad

That's like saying Beowulf is a great story with a ton of literary value due to its status as the oldest English language story ever found.

Douay–Rheims

That isn't an argument. If you are relying on the premise that morality is non-existent, then this contradicts
>"be a good person"
You also seem inept to Christianity's influence throughout Europe, as in towns and societies that grew and developed around the church. This wasn't because of
>All the heavy lifting was done by its predecessors.
Give credit where it's due, you are willingly (and mornically) denying Christianity did anything. Hell, it even tried to civilize most of the world, and was a huge factor in colonizing other lands. You also didn't address the person who you replied to, you just ignored it and responded with something else.

It does. You just disproved your own point.

Also, how is
>not worshipping false idols
an example of how everyone can be good people?

> Kike history.
;_; bye bye Cuneiform and Bronze Age writing. You'll soon disappear from history as Jew backard n alphabets are declared the one and only God given alphabet.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_writing#Bronze_Age_writing

why are you following a kike religion

It doesn't, is my point. Any Dr. Seuss story has more literary value and complexity than Beowulf. Just because something is old doesn't make it right or better.

trust that christ's sacrifice (death burial and resurrection) is sufficient for you to enter heaven

you are saved

no bibles needed

if you want to develop a relationship with the holy spirit (one of the best things there is) that is where baptism bible study and church attendance becomes necessary

>NIV
As in the version that assumes what translations meant by inserting things that were never even said in the original language? I've studied the translations of that NIV, and it seems to assume (more than other versions) what the limitations of the oiginal languages were trying to say.
>oh these two words do not outright signify x, nor is there contextual evidence for this but it definitely means y because in a modern context, that makes sense derr

A good translation of the Textus Receptus. It's the version of the bible that was around the longest with the widest reach. Obviously, if God wanted his people to read the Bible he'd make it both widely available and keep it from being corrupted the longest time.

> B-but my older texts.

Fuck off, Jesuit shill. No one carries about your shitty forgeries.

>Dumb ass thinks religion is real.
>Bet he even thinks Earth is a spinning ball.

America is fail.

The Concordant LITERAL version. King James was probably a pedo. Free online. Also. Read the original languages. That's what a Concordance is. So these people called their translation Concordant. It's very "heady" and difficult to read. Me rikey

>GrrRR why do you still believe in JESUS??

You are already saved user. Now act accordingly.

NIV is published by the JEWISH Harper Collins

Harper Collins also publishes the Satanic bible

Enough said

If you think the value of the Bible is because of its age you’re fucking retarded. It’s one of the most influential texts in history and it’s got a shit ton of good material just from a literary point of view.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=3mwhao7I__o

>church attendance
>necessary
You are supposed to seek God, not have him handed to you on a platter.

KJV is a pretty good place to start.

worst one next to scofield and jubilee. stop memeing

Christianity is the most anti zionist jewish religion there is.

Christianity blatantly denies the jewish race as the chosen people instead giving the honor of "chosen" to christians.

This is why Jews HATE christ.

He's not saved until he's washed in the blood of christ.

Get saved, user. It's easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8MEULxc1yns

i think they hate Him because He had nothing to do with vaginas. like they do. so they said He was in Egyptian vagina cults. like they are. and He never was

necessary might be to strong a word... If you find a good group of like minded christians... then it is necessary that you cultivate those relationships by regular meetings

You are denying the work done by Christ. He did it all. It is done. He did it. You are saved.

Why is it they so much there not to be a good? Why would you not want there to be a god? Why would you want to live in a purposeless chaos, in which none of your actions have any significance, in which there is no hope of justice, in which the lives of all that you loved ended permanently and abruptly at death and had no further significance? Why would Marxists want, desire and actively wish to live in a universe as disgusting as that? You need a very good reason.

It is because they don't want justice. They do want the dead to be dead. They do want the universe to be purposeless. They don't want their individual actions to have any significance beyond their immediate effect.

If you want a serious answer OP, probably the best available English translations are the NASB and ESV for more literal word-for-word translation.

KJV is still good as well, but since more earlier fragments of the new Testament of the Bible have been found, it isn't considered 100% the best anymore.

NASB or NKJV
First is most literal
Second is most lyrical (best for singing worship songs you make when your heart responds in love to God who first loves you and gave His Son to save you)

THIS

>Douay–Rheims

This one is my favorite.

>If you think the value of the Bible is because of its age you’re fucking retarded.
Tell that to the retard I was originally replying to >Genesis 32:30: I have seen the face of God
>John 1:18 & 1 John 4:12: Nobody has seen the face of God
wow great book

click the image to see flat earth.

>You are denying the work done by Christ. He did it all. It is done. He did it. You are saved.

It is a gift freely given, but it must be accepted through faith. To be saved you must trust the blood Jesus shed for you.

Get a full KJV with the apocrypha and the writer's notes in the margins, they explain the original texts and why certain translations were chosen as well as other possible translations.

There is some truth to this user. Christ was sent to save all mankind. He told the Jews "the first would be last". He knew they would not change course. None of this is condemnation, only acknowledgment that Christ was right.

Salvation comes from acceptance of Christ as the Lord, responding to someone asking for biblical guidance with "nah man its cool you're saved" does no good at all

Christ is not real - a stolen religion and story from pagen and hindu works.

Dumb Americans.

The Jews were chosen to accept Jesus as the arrival of God on Earth. Some accepted their destiny as Christians and the rest missed out.

KING JAMES ONLY!!!

I have faith that God wins, Christ did the work, we are all saved. God wills that all are saved. God cannot be denied that which he wills.

>Literally proof texting
The bible gives me permission to stone faggots
so then lemme go find a rock to chuck at your head

Revised Standard Version - Catholic edition.

>flat earther
>atheist

Fitting

If the KJV weren' good enough for Jesus it'll be good 'nough fer me, a'yup.

let the sinless throw the first stone, faggot

Live like nobody else so you can live and give like nobody else Sup Forums.

Brother, I used to believe this too. I was an atheist. But, I can't deny science like you.

youtube.com/watch?v=msVuCEs8Ydo

youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs

c = infinity. We don't exist. We're living in a computer simulation running Christian software based on the Textus Receptus.

Please save yourself before it's too late, brother user.

What a fake image. Here's what we should really be investigating.

you talking some calvinist predestination shit?

or more rob bell?

if universalist, what happens to the truly wicked?

>we are all saved

Who is "we" and who is "all"? There's plenty of people who are not saved and will spend and eternity in hell, unless you don't believe in hell and God's divine justice

You dumb shit.

Flat Earth is real science - physics.

Religious flat Earthers only believe it's flat because a book says so.

Wake up fool.

Real science is all that matters, and water always seeks to be level.

At which stage does something flat curve around and stick to a magical spinning ball?

Water can not curve, gravity is a theory, not fact, and real science is all that matters.

Flat Earth has zero to do with religion - regardless that the USA Government is pushing a religious FE agenda to mock to real flat Earthers.

90% of FE sites are also nonsense.

If you want the truth - you'll have to dig deep.

God is not real, any god.

Research flat Earth.

Why is the second link a Romanian football site?

WTF are you doing?!?
you don't reply to the flat fags

All images from NASA and affiliated agencies, are CGI and are FAKE.

if you put water in a magnetic field it spirals with the field lines you cuck

unironically the best old testament is one annotated by jews

NASA is lying to us.

Flat Earth is retarded.

Both of these statements are true.

Where does one find the account of Jesus resurrection?

Yeah and teardrops curve too.

You don't get it.

Earth is flat.

Question
Is the old testament (NIV) an accurate translation of the torah? Where does it say that jews are superior to others?

Swedenborgian, but I will take the Universalist moniker if that is easier. Not a Calvinist, and i do NOT believe in either forordination or predestination.

As to the truly wicked, we are all truly wicked in God's eyes. We are all sinful and unredeemable. We basically suck. Christ came to save us all. His blood paid the price. Rejoice user, the work is done, now live accordingly. Live as one who has found forgiveness. Shine with the light of Christ.

Back to Lygon street Melbourne-cuck.

I read the whole bible, it's very overrated, and it has turned everyone into cucked imbeciles hoping for someone else to save them instead of taking responsibility

you're better off sticking with aesops and greek or nordic or indian mythology, not only is it much more entertaining, but it has a lot more wisdom in it and 100% less jews

not a single story in the bible comes close to imparting this level of wisdom
g.mansh.net/panchatantra/the-devta-and-the-weaver

except maybe lot's wife getting turned into a pillar of salt

so the new testament which was written by greeks

they arent even the original 10 commandments
youtube.com/watch?v=Wc01No3LV70

Im actually in debt snowball now. Knocking 2,000 out a month. Will be debt free this year. I can only give thanks to God and Dave Ramsey. Not sure if this was meant to be derogatory but Dave Ramsey is a great man.

>Perspective is not curvature.

Wake up - the globe lie is bogus.

You live on a flat plane, and nobody knows wtf is going on.

Do not trust your mainstream science pri4sts blindly.

That's the truth.

We is every person who ever lived. All is everyone including you. You do not understand Hell, so stop thinking you get to send people there.

!

Him without sin you mother fucking moron
If you're going to quote at least quote properly.

Not the Scofield

I did my decade+ in a private lutheran school, I'm allowed to paraphrase

the best old testament are the sumerian/babylonian stories that the jews plagiarised

the jews made yahweh the 'one true god', when he was just one of the elohim/annunaki/gods and ignored everything else

>Kyrie Irving

ECLA or some other incarnation?

Wake up.

Join us at THE NON RELIGIOUS FLAT EARTH TRUTH MOVEMENT, OR FLAT EARTH MATTERS ON FB!

Time to break the globe indoctrination.

>www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

my friend in boy scouts once said the greek version was the best for its shit puns

Since this is now a Flat Earth thread (apparently) what is the end game of the great "round earth" con? Why lie? I believe in "follow the money", so who is making bank off of this conspiracy?

Some other incarnation. It was a pretty small scale church school with really small class sizes. Literal grandmas working in a kitchen to make our hot lunches.

They created a prison without walls.

That's the gist of it.

I personally enjoy the separate books published as the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. Pic related

>so who is making bank off of this conspiracy?
the retards peddling it. the flat earth conspiracy that is.

Luther was a religious bad ass. I admire his bravery and even his snarkiness.

Would be easy as fuck for NASA to strap a camera to a rocket and show us a legit rotating Earth - something which has never happed ever.

The king James bitch

There's a special place for decievers in hell, if you don't know better i suggest you stop posting such a deceptive image.

The King James is faithful to the early manuscript from the line of the recieved text. And the manuscript don't diverge but for single words here and there and copyist errors, there is no vast divergence from which one can draw concern as you would suggest with your pic if you read from the received texts they were written from Stephanus, all the editions of Erasmus, and Beza.