Muricans are really lucky that this piece of shit never became a hit in the U.S...

Muricans are really lucky that this piece of shit never became a hit in the U.S. In my country most of the weeaboos honestly think that this garbage is the greatest thing ever made and nothing will ever come close to it's greatness. While anyone with a bit of common sense can see why this piece of shit has no redeeming qualities:

>autistic dialogue, every single character is deaf
>more plotholes and asspulls than Bleach and Naruto combined
>more gay innuendo than any fujoshit series ever made
>fights that are neither strategic like JoJo or HxH, or have good choreography like Hokuto no Ken or Dragon Ball, just two guys screaming and shooting energy blasts until one of them dies

I can only imagine that if Saint Seiya was a sucess in the U.S, their fans would be the most toxic fanbase in Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCVw_qE6L34
youtube.com/watch?v=pdUaxww_9sk
youtube.com/watch?v=06rFwGz95MY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mexicool here, my older brothers loved this shit, and have bootlegs and collections of it over and over. I never got into it, although I sort of it enjoyed it up to the end of the Gold Saints arc. I really don't remember much about it besides Shiryu being badass, and Shun being a fag with his bro.

>Muricans are really lucky that this piece of shit never became a hit in the U.S.
Yeah all we got was Dragon Ball Z which isn't much if any better.

Here in Brazil Shiryu is more known for bleeding enough blood to fill a lake everytime he fights

Beats having awful dubs, censorship and butchered OSTs.

Our dub was okay but had some hilarious flaws, like saying that the unicorn dude was the capricorn saint.

It had it's moments OP.

The Gold Saints saga was so damn amazing (at the time) they tried to copy it several times afterwards. (And failed miserably)

Hell, the first time a Gold Saint shows up to fight was absolutely, forgive the word, epic.

its************

he's known for winning his battle against cancer too

heard that Saint Seiya was the first manga/anime (or among the first) to become a hit with the fujoshi, revealing the existence of that group, and then another series was made to cater to that group, namely JoJo, which ended inspiring at least a few members of the Clamp group. Is this correct?

You swallow your words, you fucking wimp. Your feeble mind is not capable of understanding the finesse of light metal armors and such. Go watch Eat-Man and crawl back to your man cave.

even Kubo copied that arc (rescue Rukia arc) and it's the only worhtwhile arc in Bleach

And Kubo rip-off the Soul Society arc with the Hueco Mundo arc while his editor thought they just found the new gold saints with the captains. Except Kurumada knew the goldies work on small dosis and kill like half of them on the 12 houses for not saturating the manga with too many characters but Kubo is a hack

>fights that are neither strategic like JoJo or HxH, or have good choreography like Hokuto no Ken or Dragon Ball, just two guys screaming and shooting energy blasts until one of them dies

Tenbu Hourin is really fucking cool, though

youtube.com/watch?v=pCVw_qE6L34

EL TESORO DEL CIELO

I kinda liked it when it was hot shit, I was more into Sailor Moon desu, I couldn't bare the armors getting retardedly smaller every new arc, like, isn't an armor supposed to protect or something?

Are Pokemon or Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon really any better? But I gotta admit there's something a little extra strange about these homos in gold manipulating physics.

When I was a kid, I thought Sailor Moon was gay because it was an all-girl team while Saint Seiya was manly because it was about manly men doing manly things

DBZ is the same thing and it's just as awful.

Well s1 of Sailor Moon had a pretty hype ending what with everyone dying in the last episode

Saint seiya has better toys (what with all the armor pieces and a single character having a bunch of armor sets), that's why it got more popular here in LatAm.

Well, Cancer is the de facto jobber, after all.

The author's previous series, Ring ni Kakero, was a bigger hit overall...though I'm not sure if the female audience was bigger, but Kurumada was a big part in increasing the female audience for Shonen Jump

>manly men doing manly things
Jesus Christ user, were you like five or something? I always knew something was off with those fags, still watched it and cringe every 5 minutes, Sailor Moon in the other hand had a God tier OP and man, those sweet transformations sequences, I remember my first fap was to Sailor Venus transformation, good times.

12 Temples is the greatest arc in the history of shonen animu.

The later arcs are just very shitty rehashes of it.

the joke is that Shiryu is said to be an example as a person, winning his battle against diseases such as blindness, anemia and cancer

>Jojo
>created specifically to cater to fujo's

Kill yourself. In all seriousness, please commit suicide immediately. This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, on Sup Forums or otherwise, and the fact you believed it is a testament to how utterly retarded you are.

CLAMP's members were big fans of Jojo though, they published at least one Jotaro x Kakyoin doujin. They were also big fans of Devilman.

italy?
bake me a pizza with peperoni

You have to see it with the eyes of a child and the mind of a young adult.

They promised themselves to their patron constelations to never be harm
To protect good and give light, for their faith.
Making their cosmos burn, they fight dark, and give hope.

Friendship, Sacrificing for your beliefs and ideals, to never surrender, fight with all your might and believe what is right

>on a more serious note

Gold Saints are all fucking beautifull, amazing concept.
But the more it went on, the more shitty it got, it wasn't just for the weilders of the golden armors, they were way way way more powerfull than the manga anime shows you in that arc, The ridiculous strong ones restrained themselves and athena was buffing their shitty saints the whole time.

Saga should have been able to wipe all of them in seconds, including athena

Yeah, the majority of them were OP as fuck, but they never fought at 100% for some reason or another. Same thing with Shun, he is OP as fuck as well, but he always stick to his rule of "do not harm" and always use his power mostly for defense purposes.

i think they tried pushing it in the early 00's here in the us but it didn't gain much of a foothold compared to dragon ball

i remember having a toy of the red one

Junini!

And blue blood.

The OST was god tier if anything else. To this day it never fails to raise hype.

youtube.com/watch?v=pdUaxww_9sk

>it's an athena gets poisoned and needs to be rescued arc.

Hey if that shit kept it from becoming popular than more power to them

Clash of the Titans remake director made the greek gods have shiny armors because he is a huge Saint Seiyafag.

Im not one of those people who think you need to shove a token team chick into everything but when you make a character as feminine as this you really should just think about making it a girl because this is just .. I mean for fucks sake.

You can bet it had an amazing OST.

Probably one of my favorite openings ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=06rFwGz95MY

The latino version was pretty damn good too.

It's funny how Kurumada didn't even make the best thing in this series, i.e., the armors

Shiryu was the best saint
>had a gf
>had shield
>had a dragon on his back
>trained by a gold saint

Shun was gay, Seiya didn't have personality, Ikki fucked Shun.
Hyoga was based though

>I couldn't bare the armors getting retardedly smaller every new arc
That's because Shingo Araki was competent and drew the first armors. Then they decided to use the lazy manga designs.

What? Ikki was the baddest motherfucker around.

He was bad but he was a brother fucker not a mother

also this is one of the earliest example I can think of where I call bull shit on the characters ages.