Is this the greatest OVA of all times?

Is this the greatest OVA of all times?

Also
Old-School thread.

I've seen the series, but never got around to the OVA.

Thanks OP, think I will watch that tonight.

It's definitely up there.

It is one of the greatest pieces of anime of all time, yes.

>killing instead of raping

For what reason?

Thieves Code
They dont rape

corpse dont resist, and they can be warm for quite a long time as long as the wound is small

t. necrophilia hunting at execution site

In old Japan, unemployed Ronin would turn into thieves or mercenaries. But still kept to a code of only sleeping with 'high class' women. Kenshin was traveling with a group of indentured servants, which is basically the same as slaves. To a true Bushido follower, it would ruin his honor to sleep with them (but killing is totally okay).

Is this the one where they explain why he doesn't kill anymore, like the manga?

Not really. This is the story of how he became such an infamous killer. He gives up killing in the events between the OAV and the TV show.

kino etc

Damn. I really wished they animated that arc, I didn't care for season 3

It doesn't really need to be animated. He felt massive remorse for killing so many people and going against the will of his teacher. He vows to give up killing anyone ever again. He wanders for 10 years.

That's about it.

Such a shame that Reflection was so lackluster.

They also don't spend that long on it, IIRC? Other than the stuff covered in the first four OVAs. Most of the arc was fleshing out Enishi's crew and giving them good fights rather than actually showing any more of Kenshin's past.

I've never got to this series.
What order should I watch it in?

Yes

It's really amazing

Rurouni Kenshin TV (stop at the end of the Kyoto Arc) then go to the Tsuioku-hen OVA

Thanks.

how much of a shit do you give about '90s 王道 shonen?

if "reminds me of mama's tiddy", tv 1-66, then the four-episode ova set, then go find scanslations of the final arc

if you're bored, like 1-10 until the crack whole joins the party, then pick up around 30 after the pirates, ride it out to 66, then just those four OVAs

if you want ONLY THE GOOD SHIT, just the OVAs, there are scattered good TV eps but they're not good without absorbing a bunch of mediocre structure (unless you're the one foreigner with a grasp on early meiji politics)

er, still just those four ovas for the last one. the last two ovas replace a rehash of the good arc with LOL SPACE AIDS and call it a day.

>muh jinchuu
>a good arc

I agree
>Kenshin has syphillis or something
>Kaoru willingly lets him fuck her so she dies too
I think it was meant to be pottery but it just comes off as retarded.

kyoto the good arc. jinchu the rehash.

Sorry it's late

Even Watsuki wasn't pleased with how things played out with it.

"Kenshin went through so much crap and deserved a happy ending."-Nobuhiro Watsuki

The story Kenshin deserved and Weekly Shonen Jump readers wanted was different from the story readers deserved and the battosai probably would have wanted.

It's a pity fujos were an unknown quantity back then, they could maybe have driven the karmic inevitability in a context other than "we don't have time to cover the actual drama so we'll just give everyone cancer".

I'm not sure which one I think is best. It's either this or the Black Jack OVA's.

Oh shit had no idea they got a BD release. thanks user