Why do anime openings have such retarded, nonsensical lyrics?

Why do anime openings have such retarded, nonsensical lyrics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UbYwfFNdOho
youtube.com/watch?v=KGD-mFTY6mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is OP such a fag?

Songs are often a bunch of nonsense metaphors a lot of times in their native tongues. Then, factor in translating to a language that doesn't use the same grammar rules and everything is out the god damn window.

EOP detected.

As a general rule, lyrics don't translate well.

FLY AMAZE IT CRORE VAVRY ROUGH

If I've learned anything from the Japanese language they use blunt exclamations an insane amount.

1. They know little English
2. It's fun

Because Japanese is a very retarded, nonsensical language.

You wouldn't even understand what they're singing without the subtitles
If it sounds nice, why do you care

Not him, but going into this more, another important aspect of the flow of a song is word emphasis. When you want to emphasize something, you put a short verbal break after it. When you go between languages, emphasis is completely ruined, leaving what seems to be a nonsensical mess that was put together with no direction. This is especially true between English and Japanese, which are basically polar opposites in terms of word order.

Because Japanese =/= English. What sounds good in Japanese doesn't always translate well, and due to how Japanese works, in a given context, you can cram far more information than you'd be able to in English.

reasons why i love japanese

Japanese typically takes more syllables to get across the same idea.

Like seriously, which would you rather hear, HEIKOUSEN or parallel lines?

CHU CHU YEAH

Makes more sense than others

idk sometimes it just depends on what's playing in the background along with the song.
here's something that fits with jap lyrics pretty well
youtube.com/watch?v=UbYwfFNdOho

In lyrics, for simple songs? I feel that japanese requires less syllables in that case.

Not when you can liberally omit subjects and other tricks Japanese uses to cut down on word count.

Deathnote's op/ending theme fit the anime show
atleast the first one op/ed

>for rapping, a sailor uniform

I always thought it was meant as "wrapped in a sailor uniform"

where's this translation from

youtube.com/watch?v=KGD-mFTY6mw

>muh untranslatable nipponese
Rhymes aside, the Lucky Star OP's lyrics are pretty non sequitur in JP too. I never got the tonkotsu thing.

They don't make sense period. Like Nichijou's OPs.

What? Nichijou's ops make perfect sense. the first op is about someone realizing they're in love and the second op is about friends messing around.

Fucking right man, it's like they're written in another language or something.

The fuck out of here.

Who cares if it sounds good.