So apparently some poor dude got Swatted to death

So apparently some poor dude got Swatted to death.

amp.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192081124.html?__twitter_impression=true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--PH8pU6U0c
cnn.com/2014/11/04/us/utah-samurai-sword-police-shooting/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be american
>answer door
>get shot

gets better

kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

Turns out it was a prank by CoD fags.

I hope the dude spends the next ten years in jail.

>“A male came to the front door, as he came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon,” Livingston said.

They're really cutting out the middleman. Why go through the trouble of performing a no-knock raid and making up some shit about the guy resisting arrest when you can just knock on the door and shoot whoever answers it?

ffs they are really trying to start open season on LEOs

It was only a matter of time. Several streamers have had some really close calls with being swatted.

> Exist as a human being holding citizenship of the United States of America.
> Get penetraded by ballistic projectiles fired from mechanical apparatus designed to canalise the power of a deflagration

Can we all agree that police policy around "swatting" is the problem and not the fuck who called in. A "prank" call should never result in the police killing someone. It's absurd that they just take any random call at face value and go guns blazing into a situation with completely fabricated information.

>DA POLEES GET CAL R CRIEM N THEY NO SHOLD RESPOND COZ PEOPL DYE

>prank

Yeah, no. SWAT are police and a fucking joke.

But shit like that don't only happen in the US, and over here in Europe it's fucking anti terrorist units banging your door.

People who do these pranks know what they are doing and deserve severe punishement.

>kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

2017: murder on demand by cop has finally become a thing.

The impotent rage I feel over this would dwarf the universe. Doing ISIS things to both the gaymers and the cop wouldn't be enough. And yet, both parties will go unpunished.

> Can we all agree
Fuck no, dude, we all do not. That victim would still be alive if not for the asshole's phone call and the cop's (assumingly) illegal discharge of his weapon.

Swatter gets a felony charge for filing a false report and (pending camera footage or other evidence indicating a bad shoot) the police officer gets either a negligent homicide or manslaughter charge.

In Europe they have anti-terrorism guys banging on peoples doors, yeah... when there's a terrorist attack. If you make an anonymous call they don't just raid a house without further verification. They also don't send SWAT teams to take down pot dealers and people suspected of minor crimes. The US military's doctrine of "overwhelming force" has seeped into US police doctrine and every instance where there /might/ be resistance is treated like the Hollywood Shootout.

The kid who made the call will be charged with murder

The police are really pissing through a lot of goodwill, lately.

Except it already happened deepshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XAnMEfUiwg

>They also don't send SWAT teams to take down pot dealers

Actually we do. they are kitted out to the teeth and would make A-stan operator cosplaying la creature goblinos go green with envy. they just don't shoot on sight - that's the difference. If, like has become common in recent years, the dealers have dogs, they will have 3 guys with shotguns on "dog duty" alone.

You're wrong on every single point. Congrats.

I'ld grant you that cops around here aren't nearly as trigger happy as they seem in the US but that's because according to the law unless there is imminent threat to their lives nor cops or counter terrorism units can discharge their weapons.

You know, for all the talk about cops being "warriors" they should at least treat them like it. I.E. make live in a shitty barracks filled with 19 year olds, give them de-escalation training, disband their unions, and hold them accountable when this shit goes down. If this happened in Afghanistan, the guy would be knocked down to E1 at the least.

And the kid who called in the raid needs to face a court, which I'm sure he will.

>imminent threat to their lives

that's a classic rubber band paragraph and depends on the political will of the current year will entail what that will mean IRL.

>I'ld grant you that cops around here aren't nearly as trigger happy as they seem in the US
SWAT teams here in the US are a joke since every small town can have one

cops are welfare queens. they don't work for the people, never have.

But what if there's a terrorist attack in Boshoygan Wisconsin, population 5,000 not counting cows and pallets of PBR?

Don't forget constant SHARP/SAPR, suicide prevention, DADT, transsexual awareness, EO, and fire extinguisher safety training briefings that they have to complete both online and in person.

According to this kid Hitler didn't kill anyone.

So...uh. Cop arraigned on Murder 1 when?

>that cop in back pointing his P226 directly at the back of the other cop's head
how embarassing

Well at least I hope this guy had a better Christmas than I did. Sucks though...

And then your readiness NCO looses everyone's packet so you have to do it again, but there's only three computers in the whole company so it takes five days. Repeat every two months.

Army Strong

OMG, they are larping! Thats it i figured out why cops are a bunch of fuck wits, they are fucking LARPing

That's just not true, you fucking idiot.

The reality is that SWATTING just hasn't been tried too many times in foreign countries and when it has, the fake scenario is something like "I've just killed my family" which doesn't warrant a tactical team.

If you say "I'm going to kill my family. I've stabbed my father to death. I have a rifle and I'm going to blow my sister's brains out", then you'll get a tactical team.

You want to hear a really offensive fact for this board? Cops are more jumpy when they live in countries with plenty of guns and shootings. And don't give me that shit about how unlikely it is for them to be shot when you own a weapon for self-defense

>le soldiers are held to a higher standard that cops meme
HEH. You MUST be American.

the local milita will be able to handle it I'm certain.

if you dropped a fire cracker they'd probablys hit their pants and shoot each other....

Obviously whoever called should be charged but you really don't think we need a policy change? Do you really think it's acceptable that you can be executed just because some asshole knows your address.

So...does this mean I can fake call SWAT and send them to shitty inner city homes to ethnic cleanse for me? Asking for a friend.

It's all fun and manslaughter charges until this dude's brother chimps out and kills the LEO off duty. This is horrible for the department and you just made 1000 local people hate cops for the rest of their lives.

>soldiers are held to a higher standard that cops meme
it's true if an american soldier kills someone without justification, he'll be put in prison

if a cop does it, he'll get paid leave

Fun fact, his online 'friends' are reporting that he phoned in the fake bomb threat that got a online gaming match turned out in Dallas too. Sounds like a real fun guy who just phoned away his entire future.

>according to the law unless there is imminent threat to their lives nor cops or counter terrorism units can discharge their weapons.

It's the same in the US, they just always say "I feared for my life" and they get off nearly 100% of the time. The official story is ALWAYS

>I confronted the suspect and told him to surrender
>he refused my commands and rushed me / reached behind his back
>I feared for my life and fired

The only time the cops are held accountable is when there's video proof that they're lying, and EVEN THEN they still get off sometimes.

See John Crawford III. A guy was walking through a store casually talking on his phone, picked up an air rifle off the shelf, and continued shopping. Some dude called 911 and lied through his teeth, saying a man was pointing a rifle at people and threatening them. Cops arrive and storm the place with ARs shouldered, apparently not noticing that nobody in the store was on edge and everything was normal, and as soon as they turned a corner and saw Crawford they shot him in the back. The official story was the classic "we told him to put the gun down, he refused, so we fired". The police department reviewed the surveillance tapes and evidence and backed up the cops. The tape was then leaked, showing they shot him in the back immediately on seeing him with no warning, and nobody was punished. The cops got off for murdering a man in cold blood, the police department wasn't punished at all for bold-face lying to the public, and the guy who called in a false report wasn't punished either. Not only did Crawford die, but the commotion of cops raiding the store and shooting someone caused someone else to have a fatal heart attack. So two dead, nobody held accountable.

Why the fuck would you want the same people, the patrol cops, who spend 99% of their life dealing with petty shit and just mediating between upset parties to be the same people who handle special and rare threats?

Fucking idiot. Go back to LARPing in your militia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH *BREATHES IN* HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Yes, I think we need both. If I wasn't clear, the news reports showing they just ventilated the guy as soon as he answered the door should not constitute a good shoot.

But people diverting police resources and running significant risk of shit going sideways, regardless of good policy ROE or not, are still a big problem.

Even if this *was* a hostage situation why would they shoot the dude answering the door?

>hostage gets told to answer door at gunpoint
>gets shot

???

>The police department reviewed the surveillance tapes and evidence and backed up the cops.

shouldn't the FBI investigate cops? I mean, it's sort of stupid to let the cops investigate themselves....

>John Crawford III

This will never not make my blood boil

Daily reminder they give every one of these idiots an ar 15 now because "muh body armor" when in fact they misses 96 percent of shots fired during the hollywood shootout and it was just their shit aim

>You want to hear a really offensive fact for this board? Cops are more jumpy when they live in countries with plenty of guns and shootings. And don't give me that shit about how unlikely it is for them to be shot when you own a weapon for self-defense
Cops are more jumpy in a place where bad shit happens. I live in Northern VA which has very lax gun laws but work in Baltimore, where handguns are essentially banned. In NOVA, the cops are generally very calm and if you get stopped and declare that you're carrying, you'll get a bored "oh okay."
Whereas in Maryland, they're notorious for looking up whether or not you have a CHL if you're out of state and searching your car if you do. Baltimore cops are perpetually on edge, especially after a homicide detective was shot by ANOTHER COP while investigating a case.
Bottom line, guns aren't what makes cops jumpy.

>why would they shoot the dude answering the door?
incompetence

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. The department review their officers statements before reporting to the public. In this case they reviewed the reports, saw the tapes, talked to witnesses, and then apparently thought the tapes would never go public so they could just cover their own asses.

There could always be a federal investigation by the FBI, but for whatever reason that never happens.

>John Crawford III

I wish this got so much more attention than it did, it was a truly bullshit case.

Also that other weeb dude that got shot in the back for legally OCing a katana

>I live in X and in my experience the cops are X
Americans everybody. Literally too stupid to know what anecdotal evidence is.

>You want to hear a really offensive fact for this board? Cops are more jumpy when they live in countries with plenty of guns and shootings.

Plano, TX, user. Turns out droves of high income and guns don't make for jumpy police. Who would have thought?

cops are IQ89 on a good day.

>I know your country better than someone who actually lives there
huh okay, whatever you say

Cops average IQ is above average.

So in other words, as stupid as American cops are, they're smarter than you

>Americans everybody.

Ach hald doch deine dumme Hurenfresse.

Was this the shooter?

There is a history of this kind of behavior backfiring over the last couple years, Why keep it up? You are making us stronger

>calling out user for anecdotal evidence whilst his own argument capitulates to faulty generalization.
Bait harder retard

>if I keep posting the mutt meme and talking about how stupid americans are that will surely prove I'm right!
not even worth a (You)
go away

>ad homs instead of an actual argument
so what's your actual point/data to support that point? Because police involved shootings, justified or not, happen at an exponentially greater rate in inner cities than in rural areas - gun bans or not.

the shooter's identity has been leaked by the press

Most likely he didn't have much of a life or future for that matter to begin with. I hope he becomes someone's bitch in jail, he might even enjoy it.

Reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=--PH8pU6U0c

What is with all the unnecessary hate towards the police? They are on the front lines risking their lives in order to keep us safe. Civilians don't understand what it is like to be in such a stressful environment and that, sometimes, accidents happen. The little prankster fuck is the one that should be held responsible, not the police trying to do their job.

Why argue with Americans?

They can't comprehend the logic behind an argument. Their minds are mush.

Whether it's their bastardized genes or some unknown environmental factor, the American has evolved into an inferior creature, not befitting of a modern society.

>be EU
>explode

>mfw /k/ has more bootlickers than any other board on this mongolian cavepainting site

Who the fuck is this guy?

>Grant, 38, lost 80% of his blood in the shooting and all of his vital organs were shot or injured. He reported additional injuries to his neck, shoulders, arms and hands.

How did the guy even survive jesus...

Because they can do better, user. Lives depend on it.

Why did you post a picture of a car?

I hope that kids family beats him with a bread board

>play bintendo games
>die

Meanwhile my neighbors meth lab/grow op goes completely unchecked while being known and aknowledged by the county drug task force. Hmmmm

>being in a high stress job is an excuse for NDing into an unarmed citizen answering a door

Actually these larping low self esteem garbage cops needed to believe the fake story because they were so desperate to shoot someone. Anyone with double digit IQ would be skeptical of that story but the possibility of it being a prank didn't even cross their minds. The needed it to be real.

you do realize the cops get their cut from the dealers right?

stop trying to make me fap

This. I lived most of my life in Baltimore and the few times I had to interact with police, it was generally negative. I was stopped once for riding my bike at night (was coming home from work) without having a light on it. The stop started with the cop almost running me down with his cruiser because he didn't feel like he needed to flash his lights or say anything to me first. He just pulled past me then swerved in front of me. he also seemed offended that I didn't even know I needed to have a light since both my bike, jacket and backpack had reflectors on it. But that was after he made me sit there while he called for pack up.

So I got grilled by like 5 cops asking me what I was doing and where I was going and generally treated like dirt. I was white, in my early 20s, and in a middle class neighborhood. They eventually let me go with a warning but gave me a pretty threatening warning that I better not get caught without a light on my bike again.

Even my "good" experiences with cops were off putting. Again, riding my bike home from work, this time in the afternoon. It was winter but not super cold, and unknown to me one of my gloves had fallen out of my jacket packet. next thing I know, a cruiser pulls up behind me and he uses his loudspeaker to tell me to stop. I do so and he rolls down his window and hands me my glove. Dude had stopped and picked it up and chased me down, which is really nice, but his look and body language were completely on edge and he just kind of gave me this sour disapproving look when I thanked him.

>streamer kills me in pubg
>call police and get him killed in return

Wtf is going on with the police in usa

>the police officer gets either a negligent homicide or manslaughter charge.
That's a funny way of saying "raise and promotion, plus a fucking medal".

>go to small geographic location
>perimeter is secure, escape impossible
>lol lets bust down the door and murder everyone inside rather than doing actual recon
People hate police for legitimate reasons, this is one.

>why is there so much hate against police
Because despite their motto "to protect and serve" they are not legally obligated to do either. Their training is somehow even more lax the military's. They operate like the catholic church hiding a sex offender when one of their own comes under scrutiny. And they are in many ways thugs. Are all cops bad hell no, but just like with niggers seeing them get away with bullshit gets tiring.

Small town cops, of course they do.

Shits ridiculous, just legalize it all and let them sort themselves out of the gene pool.

As a southerner, police in the Atlantic northeast in general struck me as pretty unpleasant people to speak with. Maybe it's due to dealing with more b.s. from more people.

I was worried about city police when I moved here, but DFW police have been bro tier. One snuck my kid a dum dum and told her not to tell Dad.

I haven't had to deal with them while being swatted though.

The cop should get second degree murder and the kid that called the cops should get life

Their pure European blood is untarnished and not at all in danger, stupid American!

>Can we all agree that police policy around "swatting" is the problem and not the fuck who called in
no we can't agree but you are correct that the police are acting in an irrational and dangerous manner and all reports by the general public to be considered as circumstantal until confirmed by a trusted person.

You're a real arrogant cunt, you're more likely to get shot in Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit simply due to the crime rate, but you have next to nothing to worry about in rural Minnesota where most people at the very least have a bird gun or deer rifle.
>unless for whatever reason you enjoy wandering through Indian Reservations, they can be sketchy
Why don't you stop pretending that every state and city is the exact same in the US?

The funny thing is, I live in Dallas now. Haven't had any interaction with law enforcement outside of transit cops checking my fare pass though.

>Also that other weeb dude that got shot in the back for legally OCing a katana
Got an article on this? I'm curious.

>Shot 9 times with JHP .45

Jesus christ

Sheer force of will probably, he was also a former infantryman in iraq

Alternatively
>hostage situation
>Sergei answers the door while I watch the hostage
>Sergei gets shot
>I shoot hostage
Haven't these cops studied this shit? Do they just pick up random guys off of the street and throw them into a swat uniform?

Because if they are getting paid by taxpayers, they should be competent enough not to shoot someone FOR OPENING A DOOR AFTER BEING TOLD TO DO SO!! Fuck, is that hard to understand that any other person would immediately get locked up for murder over such a thing? Yet we have to pay such incompetent, undisciplined, special citizens money to keep us "safe" which apparently means shooting us after getting a call from some basement dwellers.

First off, cops ARE fucking civilians. And in this case, the police didn't do their fucking job either, unless you count murdering innocent people as their job. The fact that they are expected to interact with people on a regular basis means they should be better trained and held to a higher standard, but they are not. I'm not saying good cops don't exist or that cops in general don't providing an important service, but police forces are rifle with dirtbags and thugs who are drawn to the profession only because of the power it affords them.

>He doesn't know Sam Hyde

cnn.com/2014/11/04/us/utah-samurai-sword-police-shooting/index.html

Witnesses said he never drew the sword

And how do you go from casual conversation with police to kamikaze warrior at the drop of a hat