The bombing of Dresden

Was it right for the allies to bomb dresden in an effort to stop the war? Many argue the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a necessary evil. Would they feel the same about dresden were it was instead innocent german europeans who were casualties of war?

Here are some personal stories of what happened that day.

It is not possible to describe! Explosion after explosion. It was beyond belief, worse than the blackest nightmare. So many people were horribly burnt and injured. It became more and more difficult to breathe. It was dark and all of us tried to leave this cellar with inconceivable panic. Dead and dying people were trampled upon, luggage was left or snatched up out of our hands by rescuers. The basket with our twins covered with wet cloths was snatched up out of my mother's hands and we were pushed upstairs by the people behind us. We saw the burning street, the falling ruins and the terrible firestorm. My mother covered us with wet blankets and coats she found in a water tub.

We saw terrible things: cremated adults shrunk to the size of small children, pieces of arms and legs, dead people, whole families burnt to death, burning people ran to and fro, burnt coaches filled with civilian refugees, dead rescuers and soldiers, many were calling and looking for their children and families, and fire everywhere, everywhere fire, and all the time the hot wind of the firestorm threw people back into the burning houses they were trying to escape from.

I cannot forget these terrible details. I can never forget them.
—Lothar Metzger, survivor

To my left I suddenly see a woman. I can see her to this day and shall never forget it. She carries a bundle in her arms. It is a baby. She runs, she falls, and the child flies in an arc into the fire.

Suddenly, I saw people again, right in front of me. They scream and gesticulate with their hands, and then—to my utter horror and amazement—I see how one after the other they simply seem to let themselves drop to the ground. (Today I know that these unfortunate people were the victims of lack of oxygen). They fainted and then burnt to cinders.

Insane fear grips me and from then on I repeat one simple sentence to myself continuously: "I don't want to burn to death". I do not know how many people I fell over. I know only one thing: that I must not burn.
—Margaret Freyer, survivor.

don't start wars you cant win
>play stupid games win stupid prizes

If it was just to fight the Germans it was justified, if it wasn't just to fight them it was evil. Since the Germans were the good guys in the war, it was evil to destroy Dresden.

I imagine we're going to say something similar when we start shoveling losers "like yourself" into the gas chambers.

But were the Germans really the good guys? They allied themsevles with the Japanese whos crimes against humanity are an ordeal to list. To this day the followers of the german legacy appear to be evil. Just a few weeks ago a young neo nazi killed the mother and father of his ex gf.

the wrong side won WWII

Someone should desecrate bomber harris' grave.

But you live in the country that won and support it.

He is likely burning in hell for eons.

it was wrong because america fought on the wrong side of the war

>Muh war crimes

Japs did the world a service cleansing Chinese bug men. And were show no mercy in turn, WW2 was a war without mercy on all sides, you only hear crying about "muh crimes" from the winners in a war, because the losers are dead and can't speak.

>Only murderers are Nazis

So if a Trump supporter chimps out over something unrelated to politics, and murders someone. Are all Trump supporters evil?

but sacred digits are lost on you

Muh war crimes.
The Japanese would rape american captured women. Then slice them in half when they bacame pregnant along with the baby.

They blew up their own dams sacrificing thousands of their own just to slow down the Chinese.

Are all Trump supporters evil?

Of course, to support a racist misogynist for greed and pride over the obvious choice of progress is both selfish and backwards. Were bush supporters evil? Of course. Of course. look what happened. Itll happen again. While you rabble rabble rabble donny will give you a nice little speech before he sends off your sons to go off and die again for Zog.

I hate hitler so good.

>Listening to propaganda

How the Japs got American women "when they didn't even fight on the American soil" i will never know .

>Believes in both Zog and SJW shit

Your not real

>USSR (allegedly) executes enemy officers in a forest to speed up end of war
>MONSTERS. LITERALLY HITLER.

>US and co. mass murder civilians in europe, and incinerate civilians in a nuclear holocaust... twice, in japan
>Had to be done. Yes, had to be. Quite right.

Well, half the time they were.

>Truman covering his ass for supporting Communism

You know its true. Some bomb is going to go off in America during donalds 8 years and the republiclans are gonna RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. "GLASS EM ALLL, GLASS EM` ALL" any donny is gonna give one of his speeches that appeals to low intelligence, and then hes gonna send Americas sons go and die in another fake war for israel. And republiclans are all gonna act oblivious to the obvious the exact same way they did for 9.11

>Obama didn't start or continue any wars

lel, the American Establishment in of itself is the problem, not any meager political party.

But we saved the world from the NAzis in the process, have you never played the newest wolfenstein? #NotMyAmerica

He might have continued, but only republiclan leaders rile up republicans enough with to get the masses to agree to war. Our presidents are just puppets, faces to place the blame.

It doesn't have anything to do with Republicans or Democrats numb nuts, and definitely not "racism and sexism" which you were rambling about earlier, its geo politcs. Our countries ruling class is overwhelmingly Jewish, Jews are tribalistic and get us to fight their "Israels" enemies in the middle east, while at the same time expanding their influence in both the U.S "establishing puppet Governments that we can control at will" and Israel. "By destroying potential threats to Israels expansion" Every President has and will continue to go through with these goals, they don't have a choice.

>Was it right for the allies to bomb dresden in an effort to stop the war?
That isn't what they did though, the war was basically over