youtube.com/watch?v=9DtAjwJZugQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read the manga

is the anime bad?

Episode one

Makoto shishio! Tu cabeza es mía!

Watch the OVAs.

Serious answer, after 27 episodes

I haven't read the manga but till shishio its practically a slice of life anime with a litlle action in between when my brother wanted to watch it with me I remember it being boring as shit and just skipping to shishio.
I do have a question for people who've watched all of it is their any other reason to watch it all the way through than Shishio is there a better arc or villain

No, that's just every fucking mangafags response to any quesion about an anime.

The TV series does suffer from terrible filler, both original content and just dumb timewasting, though (basically the entire last season is anime original filler so poor it killed the series ratings and tanked getting the rest of the manga adapted).

Watch ep 1 through 11, then jump straight to season 2. You can watch 12, 18, and 23-24 for more character growth for Yahiko and Sannosuke but it doesn't add to the actual plot.

Stop after the Kyoto arc, only pain and madness lie beyond.

best part for me is the Hajime "Gorou Fujita" Saitou fight everything else sucked hard

youtube.com/watch?v=9DtAjwJZugQ

Just got to these episodes, where Saitou is introduced

wow its actually picking up with the plot/animation

Unironically this and I usually don't say people should just do the mango

The anime is full of filler and animation is subpar a lot of the time.

Not to mention the anime was never fucking finished, the 3rd season is all filler and the conclusion to the story, the Jinchu Arc never got animated except for a short clip in the Samurai X movies and its a massively important (not to mention good arc)

Read the manga, watch the OVAs.
After you are done with the manga you can check out the later half of the Kyoto arc in the anime if you are curious.

See
You will need to read the manga to get the ending anyway

I just watched the anime then read the final arc of the manga though so thats always an option

>Watch the OVAs

I would rather have the real ending where Kenshin ends up happy then the OVA ending who decided to give him a degenerative disease and make his life suffering until he dies on the street

I liked all of it when I was 10.

I dropped this after the Shishio arc. Is it worth picking it back and trying to finish it?

You should have looked up the filler/non filler episode list before you watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

The OVA is some of the saddest, most beautiful shit I've ever watched, and there's no way I'd tell someone to avoid watching them

If my only goal is to enjoy Trust and Betrayal what do I need to watch first?

Except it's pure trash that ruins the characters.

Some one-epsode fillers were nice.

Don't fall for the meme. It's non-canon, it's not good, and is overly sad for no good reason.

lol, ok kid
>ruins
what does that even mean

I think it's pretty self-contained and also the very start of Kenshin journey. You can watch only this alone and then decide if you want to know what happens next.

He's talking about the first ova, not second.

Thank you for the info, user