Was SSJ3 a mistake?

Was SSJ3 a mistake?

No but the "muh stamina" excuse is bullshit.

Super saiyan in general was a mistake.

It's complete bullshit that glowing hair somehow gives you more power, at least freiza got bigger and had more armored plates when he transformed.

No and yes.

It put in perspective the form Gohan achieved and what Vegeta and Trunks were trying to achieve, turning it from "The level beyond a Super Saiyan" into simply Super Saiyan 2. Most importantly, it showed that Gohan isn't a special snowflake, and it's achievable by any Saiyan.

And it revealed that there's a level beyond even that, Super Saiyan 3. And Goku isn't a special snowflake for it either since Gotenks acquired it.

However, it also opened up a can to question if Saiyans have no limit or not. There's a million shitty fan forms of Super Saiyan, and they're all fuckign stupid, the worst of all being GT's Super Saiyan 4.
The Super Saiyan form tree is "cool" and all, but it brings out the worst of shounen.

It looks cool as fuck but I guess everyone involved was too lazy to draw/animate it so they made up a bullshit reason to not use it and went with SSJ recolors instead.

In the context of the arc? No.

It was good to introduce it early so as to show that the standard pattern of getting a late game powerup (Frieza/Cell) or simply training (King Pic/Pic Jr/Saiyan) wouldn't be in effect.

The fact that Goku was only somewhat sure of being able to beat the fat majin buu only served to justify this further since it was revealed that the fat buu was really just using under half his actual power (remember, Fat Buu and Super Buu are the same exact being with a different part of buu in control). Thus, his efforts would've likely been in vain had he tried. The fact that he was more focused on teaching the boys the fusion technique is notable in this respect as it served to show that Goku, unlike Gohan was more aware of the advantage inherent to combining power for a more long term benefit and showed he recognized it could prevail where a singular fighter otherwise likely could not.

This idea is prevalent throughout the arc and foremost echoed by Gohan's fight vs super buu wherein his lack of ability to conceive of Buu making use of the power of others was his undoing.

>It looks cool as fuck

more like gay

>It put in perspective the form Gohan achieved and what Vegeta and Trunks were trying to achieve, turning it from "The level beyond a Super Saiyan" into simply Super Saiyan 2. Most importantly, it showed that Gohan isn't a special snowflake, and it's achievable by any Saiyan.

I thought that was obvious, but he "mastered" SSJ essentially. It wasn't a transformation in SSJ2 but gohan just growing personally

Anything past Frieza was a mistake.

Super Saiyan God was a mistake.

I like the idea that it's so difficult to reach so that Goku was only able to do so because of the fact that his body in the Afterlife had no limitations (and even then took years to reach), and at least it looks distinctly different unlike SSJ2 looking almost the same as SSJ1. So yeah, I've always been a fan of the form.

By definition Saiyans have a limit. Each transformation takes more and more power to do it, even if there was a form beyond SSJ3 it would be impossible to use. As it is, SSJ3 is only barely usable, and basically means you have to be fucking DEAD to actually get it anywhere near what it should do.

Yes

>be 8yo me
>kid in my neighborhood had a hair loss sickness so he didn't have eyebrows
>asked him if he's a super saiyan 3
>he said yes and started "powering up" as a joke

Holy shit I was an asshole back then, I apologized like 5 years later but he never minded that.

If it weren't for the fact that Goku was dead for several years and didn't have physical limitations to impede his training, he would not have super saiyan 3.

SSRage Trunks is in the manga?

GG Manga a shit

You need to update this with SSJ God for Vegeta considering he got it.

The SSJ3 transformation is the best scene in the show

If you weren't a disgusting millenial you would already know that Dragon Ball Super IS the actual mistake.

Yes. It continued the trend of more Super Saiyan forms and this is the point where they all started to be worthless, warranting even more transformations.

I would have much preferred if full-blooded Saiyans capped out at Full-Powered Super Saiyan, which is basically just a mastered version of the original transformation, and Super Saiyan 2 was a Human/Saiyan hybrid benefit.

Not his final form.

How old do you have to be to understand Dragon Ball? Some Millennials were born before the manga started.

Fool. The hair doesn't grant power. It is a representation for the power a Saiyan achieves when he transforms.

Many people who get mad at millennials (especially around here) are themselves millennials who don't actually know the age range for them.

He is mostly making a mistake on the age range. It's Generation Z that is fucking everything up these days. Millennials are the last salvation for animu.

Why cant Veggie go SS3?

Wasn't it that Goku couldn't control the SSJ3 because he lacked training in it? Maybe with training and time he could have mastered the form.

No, it works well as the "Final possible form of a super sayian". Even though there could be theoretically a canon Super Sayian 4 or even a 5. But I am pretty sure that the user would pass out upon reaching the form.

Well think about it, powering up in dragon ball does fatigue the user. Plus this transformation is one of the most extreme examples of that. It also helps create some drama in the story about the limitedness of the form.

Yes, both SSJ4 and SSG/B are mistakes. They should have been written diffrently. Like if Sayian god was just a transformation that could be paired with any Super Sayian Transformation, then it probably would be better. But it just comes off as just another BS Super Sayian form.

No.

Nice script.

Probably because Veggie did not practice full power super sayian and did not train while dead. (Being dead in DBZ removes most exhaustion and fatigue)

This. Ending the series there would have been perfect. Goku's origin is fleshed out and resolved by him destroying the destroyer of his race. Vegeta now becomes the last known saiyan and his interaction with his rival's son would have been interesting without Goku there. He also would be stuck on Earth, the place Goku lived and he'd have to figure out how to adapt with basically no clear goal of how to move forward. (no freiza to destory, if he wanted to take over freiza's business that would be very difficult cause King Cold would be down his throat immediately.) It would be very interesting to have a spinoff of just Vegeta finding his place on Earth with Goku being just a memory and he having the memory of him being the legendary super saiyan. Training endlessly just to live up to what could be best described as a myth now. Gohan would probably be more motivated to live up to his father's legacy than chi-chi's wishes and turn out more like future gohan. Piccolo, Tien, and Yamcha would train harder to make up for Goku not being there to save their asses should shtf again.(okay maybe not Yamcha, he would still get cucked by Vegeta). Krillin should stay dead and be in the afterlife with his best friend training and getting into shenanigans with Goku who did not survive the destruction of Namek.

Everything would have been better if Goku had just died permanently, which it looked like that was the setup since he died at the beginning of the last arc. The dragonball excuse is gone for good. Only his legacy would have lived on.

Vegetal living on earth with gohan would make a good slice of life saga.

Best ssj design, shame it had no time to shine.