Is this any good?

Is this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJz2WB3dF10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

It's alright if you can get past the rotoscoping but it has no ending and the last episode is 70% clipshow, 20% preview for a season 2 that will never happen.
Haven't read the manga so no comment on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJz2WB3dF10

What the fuck they removed the audio

Shit

Google what episode the classroom scene is. That's the only thing you need to watch honestly.

Oh and the ED.

Read the manga

Not really

I liked it, the openings and the ending.

Can't you tell by the looks?
At least the ED is worth watching.

it's shit

the manga? yes
the anime? probably

>ITT: Casuals who cannot appreciate other forms of animation

You have to approach the show with a lot of patience. Many people didn't like it because it is kind of slow and the story and characters may wear on them. A lot of people didn't like it because they have baby brains and want content for children.

Personally the animation didn't bother me, I thought it made sense for the story and setting, I can't really take this seriously if it looked like the manga did.

The attention the animation gets completely overshadows everything else about it. I'd argue that but for the animation no one would remember this series even, it's nothing special.

It's very good, but highly disturbing.

No

It has one major and obvious flaw : it didn't have enough time to cover the entire story and ended randomly instead

manga is better

I'd say it is. It's a mixed bag though.
Some absolutely brilliant scenes like the classroom scene or the slow walk home in the next episode (accompanied by some of the most haunting, atmospheric music in anime ever) make up for moments where the rotoscoping fails and the pacing is completely off.
All in all, it's an interesting and generally succesful experiment.

And Nakamura is cute. Don't let cherrypicked off-model screencaps fool you.

Stop after the festival incident though. It time skips a few years with the main character being some weird combo of normie and turbo autist with all drama removed so you get to watch him pine after a girl like a beta and then actually get her in a fit of autism.

just read the manga. its better and has an ending.

The manga is one of my favorite mangas of all time.
I can't recommend the anime solely because it lacks the whole second half of the show, regardless of how ugly it looks.

>20% preview for a season 2 that will never happen
Were they actually expected one?

When they were in pre-production, they had no reason not to. They were adapting a very succesful, award-winning manga, so it was a relatively safe bet. Hence the planned pacing that required a second season rather than cut a lot of the story to fit it all into one season. And as things went, the anime did poorly and they couldn't afford to make up an ending.

DELET THIS

does anyone have an archive to the anime reaction thread? I missed all the golden tantrums.

Well, It was actually good for laughing.

cult classic. its fantastic.

>muh cute anime girls

Actually one of the best anime I've ever seen. Shame there won't be a season 2, but I've heard the manga went to shit so it may have been a blessing

It was kinda cute once things got started.

Maybe the events up to the festival were way better, but there was no way I would stop reading at that point.

Literally just finished reading it. It gets kinda shitty around 2/3rds in but picks back up towards the end.

It's a good watch.
Really eerie the whole way through.
Give it a go.