Was King Of The Hill a redpilled show or am I dreaming?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Hill

I think those who have watched will get the type of vibe. Or maybe I'm crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2xrogy
youtube.com/watch?v=T27dHze50Y4
kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Brooklyn
kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Gary_Kasner
youtube.com/watch?v=MHjnuWkYT68
youtube.com/watch?v=y0ME7WFl1nk
youtube.com/watch?v=BAxC5c3LAtg
youtube.com/watch?v=eEmcn5NbfUo
youtube.com/watch?v=tdh7eDWSzlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Something’s just not right with that Op, I’ll tell you what.

define redpilled

Show walks a fine line, poking at both sides equally well. Always enjoyed it.

How was it redpilled? One of the main characters is a literal cuckold who allows his wife to sleep around and then raises the man's child. Who mocks the cuckold(Dale) on frequent occasion. The moral of the story was that it's okay because of the kid and things I shit you not are "inconvenient" for all the parties involved if Dale decided to split. Not only that, the show cryptically implied that Hank himself is infertile and Bobby is NOT his child.

The show keeps on pushing muh strong female with Peggy that was so obscenely annoying I stopped watching the show entirely. Lastly, despite Hank confronting Bobby on his unmanly behaviour, he never changes. The show even had one of those "Loser secluded geek kid goes into nature and becomes fucking Mowgli" cliche with Bobby.

King of the Hill is shit.

I don't really know, maybe redpilled isn't the right word. Also, having stupid characters doesn't make the show stupid. Hank's perception on the American life and his friends despite the /straight white Christian conservative male/ persona being at hand.

when the hell was it hinted that Hank is infertile?

You don’t understand the show. Dale was a cuck, but was he ever shown in a positive light? No! The show portrayed him as a moron. Hank was a conservative and had mostly a positive portrayal. Luanne was a woman who was very emotional and stupid. Bobby was girlish but he wasn’t portrayed postitive either. Peggy was a tomboy but she was still far from a feminist

Redcorn was largely cucked in the end though. His son doesn't recognize him as a father, his daughter doesn't either. While he got to sleep around with a bunch of women he failed to have a legacy that is his own.

This, exactly. It's called "King Of The Hill" for a reason.

Redcorn slept around for a decade with Dale's wife and has his genetic line continued with Joseph. There's even a moment in the show where Redcorn instructs Joseph with native american related traditions.

It's redpilled in a sense but they're always looking for compromise and a resolution that partially tones down Hank's views. He'll be totally against anything that stops Bobby from playing football and will clearly explain the reason to the audience, but will then kinda give in because Peggy wants to play Pong or something and Bobby this and that and the episode kinda dies. They do a lot of "based immigrant" posting too, especially towards the end.

A good comparison is Love Thy Neighbor where the husband is completely redpilled on nignogs and shits out statistics on crime, IQ, housing prices and all nonstop but is always the bad guy and needs to tone it down to resolve the episode. Liberals might be redpilled but based black man just donated blood so haha!

>Peggy! Don't mention my *whispers* narrow urethra.

>Dale was a cuck, but was he ever shown in a positive light? No!
the few times dale is shown in a positive light is when he's being a good father to joeseph. what the fuck are you talking about. watch the show, dingus

the show is too relaxed to have any real political commentary. calling kahn a banana making him turn his swimming pool into a koy-pond seemed redpilled though

The point of those two characters is Dale is a coward for pretending nothing is going on so he doesn't have to deal with it and Peggy is meant to be a stereotypical obnoxious middle aged busybody mom.

I was actually about to mention that! And how Ted told Kahn he is too Americanized and needs to connect w/ his Asian roots or whatever

Racist Dawg is another good example. Where they called Ladybird racist and full of black hate. LOL

>postie light for doing non-cuck things, like being a good father

omg :0

Fair points. However, I also think you need to look at what is the "emotional resonance" that one gets from the show (ie. the vibe). The show clearly left the feeling in the viewer of sincerity about Hanks love of god & country. Even when making fun of USA, the show left the viewer that there was something good and wholesome about it.

Also, you've completely left off anything about Cotton who was one of the more legit redpilled characters ever to appear on tv.

The one where they go to Japan is pretty good.

Wasn't this show called Hank of the Hill?

The Goode Family is worth a watch.

Oh how can I forgot Cotton? He's so overlooked in the series.

Cotton's role in that is amazing

dailymotion.com/video/x2xrogy

Will give a watch. thanks user

bobby is hanks son, he just looks like his grandfather cottin.

I know?

Haven't watched the show in years, but I remember his father not playing the biggest role

nah he was only in a couple of episodes but it was obvious that he took after him, which could be one reason they got on so well.

>see King of the Hill is on.
>its a bill episode.
>mfw

Dale is a hero for holding his family together and Peggy did foot fetish videos.

Sup Forums approves

>the reincarnation of the Dali Lama is a white kid

And Joseph doesn't give a fuck about the traditions and thinks redcorn is a weirdo, sure it's redcorns genes, but it's not his son

Dale is the child of /k/ and /x/ that was raised by Sup Forums

Untrusting of the government, loves guns, and conspiracies but cannot see the obvious conspiracy in front of him.

Hank is /diy/ Sup Forums and /adv/

Dale is Sup Forums in it's truest form.

/ourguy/

Wasn't there an episode where Dale and Cotton name the Jew?

Go to the sink and take a shower

youtube.com/watch?v=T27dHze50Y4

apparently Cotton had a jew friend in the war
kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Brooklyn

you talking abt this guy, Gary Kasner?
kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Gary_Kasner

so sick of this weaboo anime shit on Sup Forums

>see king of the hill is on
>its a boomhauer episode
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=MHjnuWkYT68

Peggy is always made to look like an idiot, every little woman power crusade she goes on always fucks up, and usually Hank has to clean up her mess. She constantly falls victims to obvious scams and is always getting taken advantage of, or just vastly overestimating her intelligence and doing dumb shit because of it.

Yeah, Peggy is a total moron. But she's /ourmoron/.

fuck Peggy Hill

most annoying character in the history of characters. She really got my goat. Fuck, I hated her.

Great show though

I cant be the only one that though king of the hill was a boring slice of life show where nothing of intresst ever happend.
Also, shouldnt this be a thread

150% I used to meet one of the creators of that show at the barrington ave LA dog park and give him funny tidbits about texans and southerners to put in that show while our dogs wrestled.

I dunno if you could call it red-pilled; as others pointed out, it was a rare example of a show that could balance poking fun at the left and right. Plus it was great source of memes.

Not you faggots telling me where to post my threads at.

Is your life being lived as Indiana Jones user?

What's Bobby then? /ourson/?

He knows.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0ME7WFl1nk

How was it red pilled ? Husband is dumb retard wife is a psycho, kid is fat and faggy and cousin is a slut.
Entire show makes fun of rednecks and white people culture.
Also being cucked by Indian guy...
Don't consider that redpilled.

I fucking hated that rude cunt Kohn

Read the thread user.

Claiming this show is anti-white or whatever is brainless.

Did anyone notice that the writers had yellow fever?
There are at least six instances that I can think of off the top of my head where one of the male characters is attracted to an Asian female.

Bobby + Connie
Bobby + Connie's cousin
Joseph + Minh
Bill + Khan's mom
Bobby + Dansu girl in Japan
Cotton + Japanese woman

I would not necessarily say that the show was redpilled, but it was commonsensical and down-to-earth.
It also dealt with conservative values and characters without only presenting them as one-dimensional backwards idiots, which was nice for a change.

To be completely fair, the extent to which the show mocks rednecks is playful at worst. While portrayed as out of touch and naive, Hank's conservative outlooks ultimately make him a hero in most cases when the chips come down. He always looks like a fool, but he consistently avoids tragedy and then bails out those that succumbed to it.

Bobby had female neighbors who happened to be Asian. All the Khan household makes up for most of them

The Dansu girl was just an extension to the storyline really

I would only imagine Cotton + Japanese woman was based off his wartime, no?

youtube.com/watch?v=BAxC5c3LAtg

Red pilled for sure. Anyone remember the bureaucrat guy who'd enforce all the lefty bullshit regulations? Plenty of family values messages as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=eEmcn5NbfUo

from 8:29

Anyway, that character alone was 100% a knock on the progressives.

As much as I thought that the show was going downhill in the final few seasons, it was was funny when they made Canadians to be terrible people.

I was expecting the episode to redeem the Leafs at the end somehow but instead it just ended and the lesson was that Leafs are just terrible people.

That’s a fucking joke about having trouble peeing from being an old man with prostate issues you fucking idiot.

Nah, not red pilled, just that lame Cuckservative Texas brand of "right wing".

koth is very high iq once you take the peggy pill you start to enjoy it on a whole other dimension. That last episode gets me right in the feels every time too.

>redpilled
More like placeboed

The whole point of the Redcorn this is to show that passing on your memes > passing on your genes

One of my favourite shows growing up. Currently downloading the entire series. To answer OP's question, not really, but it at least wasn't biased toward one political view. If any character could be called red pilled, it would have to be Cotton.

It's the only show where the wife is (accurately) shown as a bumbling idiot who ruins everything instead of the father being the idiot. Seriously, look at almost every other American sitcom (especially the animated ones) and the father is always an idiot, even though he's the sole provider for the family. At least KOTH depicts the father figure accurately.

How does the show ever imply that Bobby is not hank's son?

yes, Mike Judge is /ourguy/
youtube.com/watch?v=tdh7eDWSzlc

But she has nice tits.

It was clearly biased... the entire show is making fun of various right wing stereotypes.

explain peggypill.

Sup Forums will be eternally retarded and incapable of critical thinking so long as they continue insisting on viewing everything through the redpill/bluepill meme and this show is proof of it. King of the Hill is a show that rejects the view of either side of politics as the "right" one and continuously shows that balance and attempting to understand the people that are different from you is what ultimately works. Khan refuses to budge from where he stands on life, and he's miserable. Cotton is old, angry and set in his ways and he's miserable. Peggy is a wannabe moral authority and it constantly lands her in hot water. John Redcorn is human scum and it loses him both his lover and son in the end. Then you've got Bobby, who is comfortable with himself and others and is perpetually happy. Dale is an oaf but he loves his family truly and in the end he wins the struggle with infidelity he didn't even know he was having. And of course Hank may have strong opinions about how life should be, but when he's confronted with reality he doesn't deny it but works to adjust and make things work for himself and whatever he's in conflict with.

>Dale is an oaf but he loves his family truly and in the end he wins the struggle with infidelity he didn't even know he was having.
One of my favorite developments in the entire show is how miserable John Redcorn ends up when he realizes that Joseph will never accept nor love him as a father because Dale has built such a strong relationship with him that there is nothing he can do about it. And Nancy comes around and falls in love with Dale all over again.

I know it’s a >le cuck meme but it’s an interesting way to show how the bull actual is miserable and lonely in the end due to his life of hedonism and deceit. The fact that he falls in love with her but loses her anyway flips him from bull to literal cuck in the best way.

The four male characters seem to sum up the four basic archetypes of men, specifically the do-gooder, the heart-broken needy guy, the male slut, and the crazy conspiracy guy. Mike Judge is a really smart guy and everything he makes has all sorts of subtle details that make it worth watching multiple times. He thinks a lot about characters and subtext and even metaphors, then he always hides it behind something that on the surface looks kind of stupid. If by redpilled you mean honest or truthful, then I agree. He's very honest about the way the world actually is, but he buries this truth so that it doesn't bludgeon the audience with any kind of message. And, actually, if you think about it that's a pretty accurate way to portray life. We try to put our best public face forward, but under the surface it's actually a lot more odd and even miserable than anyone admits to.

Are you a legit swede or a vpn-fag?
KOTH was one of the shows that are loaded with small regional inside jokes that you almost need to be a local to appreciate. "Austin, Hollywood, whats the difference...."

I also think that what he did so well in KOTH was their is a level of sincerity to it. In lessor hands it could have just been a satire / ridicule / derision comedy. However you can feel that Judge genuinely likes - and even sort of agrees - with his characters in that show. I think that quality is why it achieved a cross-spectrum of success since the liberal would like for the surface level derision, but the conservative could see the deeper sincerity.

They poked fun at themselves, but the Liberal cucks on the show were portrayed as more insufferable by far.

King of the Hill is the most accurate representation of what it was like growing up in the Mid South U.S. from 1980-1999.

Absolutely brilliant show, but I wouldn't call it redpilled. Definitely less cucked than some of its contemporaries like The Simpsons or Family Guy, though. The writers' contempt for lefty bullshit was often apparent.

I don't know what it is that makes shows like South Park and KOTH shit on Canada for no reason but I love it.

There are redpilled characters, but the show itself is fairly neutral. More red though in its early seasons and overwhelmingly blue later on.

>implying

My fave show...they started running it again in UK at 3am a couple years back, perfect.

You clearly haven't watched the show. Peggy is seen as one of if not the dumbest characters on the show. She can't speak espanol despite teaching it, she falls for a pyramid scheme, is as clueless as Dale when it comes to Redcorn and thinks online iq tests are legitimate. Not once is she presented as a strong smart independent woman

I always got the vibe that they made hank' s conservative and traditionalist views seem humorously prudish, but inevitably the voice of reason in the center of degeneracy.

He knows he's a cuck. It's literally how I learned where the term cuck comes from..... I think. I can never find the episode but I distinctly remember dale watching a nature channel show about birds that will push eggs out of a nest so that the other bird will raise its chicks.

>The show keeps on pushing muh strong female with Peggy that was so obscenely annoying I stopped watching the show entirely.

Peggy was portrayed as arrogant and ignorant. Also she is ignorant of her ignorance

I liked how they portrayed the Laotian guy as a total asshole. Nowadays only white men can be assholes. They even turned Kahn into a white man in the new Star Trek.

( FYI, Dale is the unofficial mascot of )

I'm not sure being a cuck to aliens counts as a normal cuckening.

I only watched a few episodes, but, from those episodes, I think the show was a bit centralist. Oh, and here's the truckload of salt you ordered.

I need someone to find that episode of dale watching the nature channel. I think it has been deleted from earth. It's driving me nuts. Maybe he's explaining cuckoldry while they're camping. I can't remember.

Btw.... I named my dog Joe-Jack about 10 years ago. They look alike.

Exactly, be a centrist, right wing is just as retarded as the left.

Sort of, though I think it's one of those Archie Bunker things. Everybody likes Hank because he is a good man, and even when they tried to make him the bad guy people liked him even more because he is honest. My life rule is that if Hank Hill would be proud I'm probably doing something right.

you sure that really happened on the show with dale watching the nature channel?

>One of the main characters is a literal cuckold who allows his wife to sleep around and then raises the man's child.
I remember reading somewhere that this was an executive decision passed against the will of Mike Judge.

the other guy that wrote seasons 1-6 with mike judge was a jew, and he's probably the only reason the show made it to network tv, he had to throw in a lot of jewry to make it acceptable to the people that put the shows on the air.

You just need a heaping plate of spa-peggy and meatballs!

Post pic of doggie, honey