Most fedora tippers aren't sovereign citizens because they know fucking with the government will end poorly for them...

Most fedora tippers aren't sovereign citizens because they know fucking with the government will end poorly for them. They won't insult their boss because they don't want to get fired. People put up with a lot of shit out of a sense of self-preservation, so why would anyone insult a being that has control over their afterlife? If there was a Darwin Award for ghosts they'd win it right there.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehran_Karimi_Nasseri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t. beta

Why would anyone fear something that doesn't exist?

Honestly if I died right now and God decided to show up moments before my death to get me to praise him, I'd tell him to suck my nuts for making me a poor Puerto Rican.

>appears in front of you exactly after you die
>doesn't exist

Prove it faggot. Kill yourself then report back

She doesn't think it's God, dipshit, she thinks it's just some asshole spirit or something.

>God
>Reincarnation

Not Christian therefore not my God.

This is me. I'm in front of you right now.
>hurr this is not you
But I'm in front of you right now.

Hello this is me, god, omnipotent creator of Universe, I'm talking to you on this imageboard.
>hurr durr show me the god-tits with timestamp
But I'm talking to you, that's a proof enough.

You're not? Right now I'm on the toilet and there's only air here.

>Prove it
>what is metaphysics

But you can see me in the picture. How am I not real?

There's still 8 hours to next release ugghh.

Puerto Ricans don't have nuts you heretic

Behold, I am God! Worship me!
>I don't know what you are, but God doesn't exist. YOU existing doesn't mean you're God.
BUT I AM. BEHOLD MY PERVASIVE INFLUENCE OVER AND CONTROL OF THESE PEDESTRIANS
>You're not human, but I'm not convinced that you're God. You're something else entirely, though.
Fine, I'll prove I'm God by doing some weird and ultimately detrimental shit to you as punishment. That'll change your mind.
>You literally don't understand why I don't think you're God.
WORSHIP ME
>No, Being X

In short, a man merely stuck to his guns. Just because someone says they're God, doesn't mean they are. Salaryman is totally justified in his non-adherence to worship something that cannot irrefutably prove that it is indeed the God it claims to be.

Consider this: if Sonzai Ecksu is really God why does he even need people to worship him?
Why does he need to go through all the bullshit to make Tanya into a believer?

Why not just magically brainwash everyone into pious religious fanatics without all that miracles crap or just leave them be since its impossible for mere mortals beliefs even affect God in any way.

Conclusion: Tanya is right, Sonzai Ecksu is no God but some kind of faith vampire who feeds off people's faith. He's strong but probably not invincible - if I were Tanya I'd try to deny him his food, you could do that either by turning believers into fedora-tippers (which would take decades if not centuries) or by genocide.

To be fair though "Sovereign Citizens" are possibly the most deluded group of people ever.

A picture is not a sentient being, is a REPRESENTATION of one at most.

UNLESS you only exists in the form of this pic which is just pathetic then.

This is what a real "Sovereign citizen" (as in a stateless person) looks like.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehran_Karimi_Nasseri

I know, I'm just teasing that user. But still the MC is really autistic anyway, one thing is not wanting to worship God but the other is denying his existence even after an actual simple proof for him (greentext).

What if I just don't belong anywhere and am fine with that? I'm not one yet, but I like the idea. Is it wrong to not want to be part of any group?

But he doesn't deny the existence of being X. He denies the existence of God and the claim of Being X that its actually a God.

Not everyone who is self serving takes the path of least resistance.

Its ok but you'll have to spend your life in some airport or disputed island because you won't have a visa or permit or whatever it is required to visit any state.

If I was going to get off my ass and become a sovereign citizen, it certainly wouldn't be to just stick around here as if nothing had changed. I'd go find some unclaimed island, or something. But I wouldn't do something like that without making a lot of preparation beforehand. As if I would ever have the motivation to do so.

You obviously don't understand the human spirit if you think it's right to bow down to some "higher" power because they claim to be God

tl;dr watch more super robot anime

Yes and that's when I call him autistic. Of course in this series God is not the benevolent being everybody talks about but he still exists. Unless MC believes in the existence of another God even more powerful, there's no point to him to deny that X is God or at least a type of God (since He's too powerful for a simple supernatural being).

>too powerful for a simple supernatural being

What, did he have many run-ins with supernatural beings? Did he look at his dataset of supernatural being encounters and realize that Being X was too much of an outlier to be considered a valid point on the plot?

Also all the shit you buy/sell will be considered foreign trade (unless its something like Duty Free) and you'll have to file a ton of paperwork for it. Also you won't be able to legally work at any job, you get no healthcare, being stateless means you're a one man nation basically.

Yeah, that's kind of the assumption. It;s not like I had any misconceptions. Also if I really wanted to buy/sell I wouldn't waste time doing it legally.

>bowing down to someone simply because they're more powerful than you
What are you, a pussy?

As a former delinquent from primary school onwards, high honors student, and student rep to the local school board, I feel qualified to answer this question, OP.

At least for me, once you have ascertained that there is no way to stay hidden unseen in the shadow of the threat that has power over you, you rapidly stop caring. The most typical response seems to be resignation to whatever is done to you...I always assumed that those mental patients in old timey asylums who were famous for letting the attendants poise them in any way they felt like, were probably an extreme example of this, not some mysterious disorder; they got abused, and stoped fighting. A few of us, myself included, develope the attitude, that if your own actions don't matter, and you are going to be "punished" whatever you do, you might as well be as defiant as possible; I think it is probably an attempt to assert some manner of control over your tormentor. I was hardly a unique case, there were many other students who also, when given the slightest proof that the powers that be could be appeased were teacher's pets, but went to self-distructive extremes when faced with an arbitrary foe wielding unchecked power. It sort became an always on game of "you rage, you lose."
If it is at all possible to exert any control over someone who takes all your control away, you try it; some domestic abuse victims become extremely cotowing, others extremely passive aggressive. I think it started for me when I decided that teachers would " bully" (as I perceived it) me for being bullied, the same as for fighting back, and once I was known to be on the shitlist, any subsequent behavior, "appropriate" or "acting out" was treated as if exactly the same. So, if I am going to be treated as violent whether or not I fight back, I might as well break the bully's arm before he has a chance to break my nose again..if kids are going to be randomly expelled why not shut the district down?

Tanya-chan kawaii~~
I can'tt w8 the dance celebration Tanya-chan XD

There's technically nothing supernatural about Being X. Same behavior could be observed if X is a representative of aliens who construct Earth-like planets and seed them with human life for unknown purposes (unless the new planet's similarity to Earth is a coincidence).
What did Sonzai Ecks even do?
-read man's consciousness
-injected consciousness into another body
-modified a piece of technology to work upon detecting prayers
-made Tanya, Anson and Dr. Shugel hallucinate on several occasions
There's nothing inherently godlike there, I mean you could find people who could do same in Ghost in Shell for example.

>that comment

Ok, looks like the more I throw my points, the less you take them. Sorry for wasting your time.

X's powers doesn't look very "technological" at all.

>there's no point to him to deny that X is God
Of course there is. What pride, confidence or freedom can you have when there is 'someone' supposed to be able to totally control you and your destiny like puppets? Is there even a meaning into existing, if it's to be just another paw for 'someone' else. A cup just made to be used then ultimately broken?
People who deny the existence of God are people who valor their free will. Prideful people who want to live for themselves.
This MC doesn't deserve to be just another pawn for whatever God is supposed to exist. It would be such a waste.

I hope that 'God' ends destroyed.

>He's too powerful for a simple supernatural being
You can't prove that.

Alright, Satan, that's enough posting for today, go back to torturing the damned.

>a being that CLAIMS it has control over their afterlife
fixed

It's always nice when someone is thinking the same thing as you but they aren't shit communicators and can put it into words.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws
>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God.
>Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it.

It's not points, it's gratuitous assumptions. Nothing proves that self-declared 'God' is be the most powerful entity in the universe.
I can't wait till another supernatural entity enters the scene to wreck his pathetic shit.

Oh, l so you're just another extremist on crack. I should have known.

I am a quiet looser now, I keep my head down, play the game to avoid trouble, but many (most) of my closest assocates are perpetual "troublemakers," meaning they are in and out of various parts of "the System," meaning prison, hospitals, etc.. Authority figures always question perpetual recidivism and I usually give up on explaining, but if seems obvious to me: if faced with arbitrary "punishment" and no hope of reward, some people try to do whatever they can to disrupt their bully.
The Devil of the Rhine plays along when given a "do this or this happens," she doesn't hesitate to say the words, because "Being X" made it conditional, but she still is defiant in every way that she can be, precisely because the entity that "holds her above the flame," like the Puritans' God refuses to relent in it's arbitrary bullying...it doesn't offer real choice.
Her actions seem very realistic to me, some people would break down and beg to be saved from the train, a few are going to see "Being X"'s intervention as the mark of a rigged game and become extremely contrary. If she relents, the entity wins, if she does what she is forced to do, but never gives up, she doesn't lose.

>there's no point to him to deny that X is God or at least a type of God
>or at least a type of God

Good night.

I think it' much more likely Satan would be building up an army and the only reason people would be made scared of hell is so they don't join his forces and make Satans army stronger. If you look at the story logically, there's no way Satan would do the same things god did to him when he wanted freedom for him and his companions. If he thought he could build up an army, he'd do it.

You just made my day.
Thanks; it was a long and shity one, until I read that.

Satan wanted power (more than God's) not freedom. Lurk more.

I read the bible since I was a small child, I'm well versed. He wanted freedom, and then realized he could only achieve that freedom through power. He didn't want to become the eternal servant of some guy without any choice, so he instead chose to rebel.

Suppose that you're Satan and your goal is to kill as many humans as possible.
Would you start a war for it? No!
The best way would be to have peace so humans multiply as much as possible and die only after their reproductive period is over.
In the stone age humans waged war against other tribes and fought animals every day, but far fewer people died each day than today dies in traffic accidents, simply because the population size is that much different.

Some of my patients also say they can see and hear God, and they even met him. It's very real for them. One even pretends he died and we are characters in his dream, like others are certain we're all robots around him.

This MC is going to wake up, that's all.

Maybe his purpose for killing humans is to build his armies numbers?

To me, he's a type of brain damage induced apparition. You really must have a shallow experience in life, to only being able to believe there's a guy throwing thunder somewhere in the sky.

Well the difference between government and god is that government is real.

But Satan doesn't exist, user.

>too powerful
According to what rules?

Not to mention that in peacetime people are much more likely to sin in the greed, jealousy etc departments. Hedonism strikes and most people end up going to hell.

Satan wants breeders.

Well said. End of thread for me.

And the only real power they have over your actions is the amount of fear you have for the consequential retaliation. People can still do anything they want, they just have to worry about getting caught now.

It's an all powerful being that can influence space and time. It could be the Judeo Christian God or just a radioactive microbe that controls the universe, but what's the difference really? Any being on that level is a god by definition.

>It's an all powerful being that can influence space and time
We don't really know that it's all powerful, and if the ability to influence space and time makes someone a god, then most anime characters with superpowers are gods.

It's about the relative power. If an anime character has superpowers and there are no other powerful people in the setting, then yes, they are a god.

Its clearly not an all-powerful being if it needs Tanya's help in converting people.
We don't even know if it can really influence space and time, sure it transported Tanya's consciousness but otherwise there's nothing like portals or time travel anywhere.

>Thinking god is your boss
Christians call him father for a reason

Come on man. Your definition of god is too lax, Sonzai X is a "god" on the level of konosuba's Aqua at best, just a retard who can't even manage his world properly. We're talking about a God he's claiming to be you know, like the one and only, omnipotent and omnipresent, who deserves to be worshiped for reasons other than bare ass showing off from under the tiny skirt.

If being X is poweful why does he need Anson to do his dirty work?

Direct intervention is so passe though
How would the other gods think of sonzai x if they see him still doing old testament shit.

>metaphysics
>le imagination meme

but user...
what's a god?

I probably wouldn't other going around calling myself a "sovereign citizen" or some pretentious bullshit, I'd just be a person with nowhere to belong, that's all.

refuse sure is an odd way to put it. its usually they reject the claim. this seems stupid

Well it's a translation, it's probably not exactly what the original meant.

Most "sovereign citizens" don't believe that those pose any problem. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't capable of thinking that much about things, or if they've done some incredible mental gymnastics to justify it to themselves, but they seem to think that they can otherwise carry on as normal and be entitled to rights and legal protections but not be subject to any of the responsibilities that would normally come with them.

>complain to a stranger that was murdered about how humans lack belief in god as well as morals, insinuating that his death was his fault for not being understanding enough to a shit employee

Prove he is actually God and not just a dickass wizard.

What is a god to a non-believer?

You guys are reminding me of Camus and absurdism.

Well that's fucking stupid, obviously if you're all on your own you'll have nobody to watch your back besides yourself and no one is going to give a shit about you. And I say this as someone who finds a life void of country and law appealing. If you plan to go it alone you should accept for the struggles that come with it, otherwise what the fuck are you doing being all edgy and anarchistic and shit?

>3DPD
Fuck off.

Of course. But almost none of them actually want to go it alone with all that entails; they want to be able to do whatever they want and remain safe anyway.

>that image

If I become a sovereign citizen, announce myself as a nation and promote myself to a minister of foreign affairs will the country of residence grant me diplomatic immunity?