In this thread I will narrate the life of Ted Kaczynski from his birth in 1942 until his current age of 75

In this thread I will narrate the life of Ted Kaczynski from his birth in 1942 until his current age of 75.

I intend to cover:

>his childhood and adolescence
>his university experience
>his life after leaving academia
>his experience living in rural Montana
>his arrest and experience in prison

Please bump to keep this thread alive if it interests you.

Note: a similar thread has previously been posted, but this is a more detailed biography of his life.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150760491/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNE-7DyLJ5w
youtube.com/watch?v=j6Q65yNStcM
youtube.com/watch?v=ayfBf2J-Qlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're the best an*lo. I love your threads! have a bump beady eyed bro

Bump

On the birth of Ted Kaczynski

>"The South Carpenter Street neighbourhood [...] was a Polish working-class community when Theodre Richard "Turk" Kaczynski and Wanda Theresa Dombek Kaczynski moved into the second-floor flat of a narrow, three-story frame house around two years after World War II [...] Ted [was] born on May 22, 1942"

On Ted's parents

>"Turk worked in the family sausage business near the South Side stockyards and followed politics passionately. But all who knew him say he loved books even more. [....] he liked to invite intellectuals to his home, to discuss and argue about authors, ideas, and politics. [...] Their love of books and their agnosticism set them apart from blue-collar neighbors."

On Ted's experience in hospital as an infant

>"she (Ted's mother) told me one about my brother's early life: When Teddy was a little baby just nine months old he had to go to the hospital because of a rash that covered his little body. [...] I remember how your brother screamed in terrir when I had to hand him over to the nurse and she took him away [...] They had to stick lots of needles in Teddy, who was much too young to understand that everything being done to him was for his own good. He was terrible afraid, and he thought Dad and I had abandoned him to cruel strangers. [...] That hospital experience hurt him deeply, and the hurt never went away completely"

On Ted as an infant

>"David and Wanda also admitted that Ted had bee "different" - abnormally quiet, ungregarious, and sometimes unresponsive - since he was a baby."

On young Ted's reaction to seeing a rabbit being caught

>"One summer [...] our father, Ted Sr., caught a baby rabbit in our backyard. He placed the little animal in a wooden cage covered with a screen top. Several neighbourhood kids clustered around to gape at the rabbit, and our father seemed proud to show it off. [...] Ted was the last kid to join the onlookers [...] But as soon as he glimpsed the little rabbit, cowering in a corner of the cage, his reaction was instinctive: "Oh, oh, let it go!" he said with panicked urgency. Suddenly I saw everything differently. Only then did I notice that the young rabbit was trembling with fright. Only then did I realize that we were being cruel."

________

On young Ted's reaction to his father shooting a rabbit

>"Teddy was a young boy then , eager to come along with me when I went rabbit hunting [...] Teddy was really into it, on the lookout for rabbits as we roamed the grassy fields of Indiana farmland. [...] But as we stood over the dead rabbit, Teddy's mood changed. He seemed crushed to see this once animate, alert creature stretched out lifeless on the ground. 'Oh,' the poor, poor bunny!' he wailed. Then he started crying. I felt terrible, reflecting on the pointless killing I had just done and the effect of that senseless deed written on Teddy's face."

On young Ted helping a disabled girl in his area

>"The little girl recovered, but she was left with a speech difficulty. One day, after the toddler had returned home, Dorothy O'Connell heard her daughter cry out excitedly, "Hassgropper!" "Oh, no, Janice," Teddy John Kaczynski explained, quietly and patiently. "Grasshopper. This is an insect." Then Dorothy O'Connell listened with fascination as Teddy John told the child just how many legs a grasshopper has and what biological phylum, or classification, it belongs to."

cmon this aint david copperfield.

gimmie the goods

i hung out in teds shack. he was a weirdo - and thats native montana standards. everyone at trixie's agrees. he went nutty because of his isolation.

On young Ted's discomfort with intimacy

>"When hugged as a child, he squired instead of hugging back. Later on in adolescence, he stiffened when being hugged by his mother. It was as if Ted's way of relating obeyed a different set of rules. Unable to fathom Ted's internal physics, Dad eventually gave up, whereas Mom preferred to believe that Ted's sensitive inner self was normally loving, only hard to reach."

On young Ted's affection for his younger brother David

>"Teddy had tried to give me his most prized possession - a coin collections - when I returned home from a brief stay in the hospital. "Teddy, your brother knows how you feel about him," I remembered Mom saying. "You don't need to give Davy your coin collection. He knows you love him."

On Ted's mother's one lesson to Ted's brother David as a child

>"Please remember that you must never abandon your brother, because that's what he fears most"

Bump

is this from a book? if yes, which one?

Oh boi.

No time to enjoy this thread, but here's a bump because I always enjoy your threads. I remember reading the Oklahoma City bomber one quite a while back. Glad you're still around.

OP here. I have read every available source for the sake of this thread, excluding the private documents held by the University of Michigan.

On Ted's mother teaching him to read

>"Wanda Kaczynski was especially well-read and articulate, familiar with science and the works of Shakespeare, Austen, Dickens, Thackeray and other authors whose books crowded her shelves. [...] Wanda kept a diary about her boy and read to him daily from children's books, then from classic boys' literature and later from surprisingly advanced materials. A neighbor said Teddy was in grade school when Wanda began reading him articles from Scientific American that a college student might find challenging"

On Wanda Kaczynski's maternal efforts

>"He was viewed as a bright child and was described by his mother as not being particularly comfortable around other children and displaying fears of people and buildings. She noted that he played beside other children rather than with them. Her concern about him apparently led her to consider enrolling him in a study being conducted by Bruno Betleheim regarding autistic children. [...] Wanda Kaczynski indicated that she did not pursue that opportunity. Instead, she utilized advice published by Dr. Spock in attempting to rear her son."

On Ted's family's reading habits

>"At home, family life seemed normal, if a bit intellectual. The Kaczynskis kept philosophy books on the coffee table."

On Ted's vocabulary as a child

>"On one occasion, when he was 11, he joined his mother, Dorothy O'Connell and another neighbor in a game of Scrabble. "Teddy came along and sat down and beat all three of us," O'Connell says. "His vocabulary at that age was so great he could beat three grown women.""

I guess you could say he was a Baby Boomer in the truest sense.

Have a bump from burgerland.

On young Ted's kindness towards his brother

>"He remembered small acts of kindness, too: how Ted once nailed a spool to the bottom of a screen door so that David, a toddler too small to reach the handle, could go in and out; how Ted later imparted his knowledge of woodsmanship and plant life"

On Ted's favorite book as a child

>"A year or so later, the Kaczynskis took a vacation. Teddy had a favorite book. He knocked on Dorothy O'Connell's door with the book under his arm, and he gave it to her for safekeeping until he got back home. She put it out of harm's way, on top of her refrigerator. One day she happened to take it down and look at it. She was stunned. The book was called, "Romping through Mathematics, From Addition to Calculus.""

On Ted's early academic success

>""Ted would use the school library for more intensive studies beyond the texts. There was a four-volume set on mathematics in my basement. Ted borrowed that." He took all of the hard courses, and he skipped at least one grade. Rippey gave him straight A's. [Teacher Robert F. Rippey] ranks Ted Kaczynski among his top four or five students in 50 years of teaching."

Bump, literally know nothing of this man, looking forward to a very informative thread.

>Dr. Spock
Theres a good case for the boomers fuck ups to be laid at that cunts door. Permissiveness and gratification over values and discipline etc.

Hey do you have a link to the one you did of Hitler and his ww1 experience? I love these!

He sounds like a wonderful man.
Bombing leftie professors was the only way the world would listen to his warnings.

Just think, the USA has one of the greatest geniuses on the modern era locked up in a supermax for trying to kill some professors who spent their entire lives poisoning the youth with Marxist ideas.

Bump

Someone make sure to compile everything into a screencap for future use

Err that's not exactly what he was doing.

Bamp

On Ted’s elementary school experience

>"Mr. Kaczynski attended kindergarten and grades one through four at Sherman Elementary School in Chicago […] “Mr. Kaczynski [...] remembers not fitting in [...] and being the subject of considerable verbal abuse and teasing [...]. He did not describe having any close friends during that period of time."

On one neighbour's memory of young Ted as a loner

>"the neighbors noticed something else. "He was always a loner," remembers Emily Butcher, now in her 90s. "He walked with his head down. Like this." Emily Butcher drops her head even more deeply onto her cane. "Even when he reached high school," says LeRoy Weinberg, who lived behind the Kaczynskis, "Ted never acknowledged a greeting. He just kept his head to the ground. . . . He was a loner.""

On highschool classmate Bill Phelan's memory of Ted

>"By the time he entered Evergreen Park Community High School, Teddy was having more trouble fitting in. [...] most classmates [...] regarded him as alien, or not at all. To Bill Phelan, Teddy was a nerd: thin, short, quiet, painfully shy. "He was reading books, and I was playing sports and drinking beer," Mr. Phelan said. "He wasn't in my world. He was in his own world.""

On highschool classmate Loren De Young's memory of Ted

>"Loren De Young remembered him as a kind of nonperson. "He was never really seen as a person, as an individual personality," he said. "He was always regarded as a walking brain, so to speak.""

On a neighbour's memory of the young Ted

>"he remembered Teddy as skinny and self-absorbed. "He was strictly a loner," Dr. Weinberg said. "This kid didn't play. No. No. He was an old man before his time.""

Fucking normies, Chad's, and (((Berg's)))
>thin, short, quiet

Manlets when will they learn?

On young Ted as out-of-place in school

>"Kaczynski never wore the Levis and engineer boots sported by others at Evergreen Park High School, said classmate Wayne Tripton. Instead, he carried a leather briefcase. [...] Still, Tripton said he doesn't remember Ted standing out in a crowd. "It was like Ted could be there and be disappeared at the same time.""

On David Kaczynski's early worries about his brother

>"puzzled by the long hours Ted spent quietly in his room upstairs, I remember approaching Dad with the same question I'd once asked our mother: "What's wrong with Ted?" My father pointed out that Ted's intellectual interests set him apart from most of his classmates. While Ted read books about relativity theory, they were listening to Elvis and going to sock-hops. Someday, Dad said, Ted would go off to college and meet other young people with similar interests. He would form close friendships, would eventually marry and raise a family of his own. Ted would "find himself," Dad predicted - it just might take him a little longer."

On Ted's struggle to fit in socially

>"His aunt still remembers the cut of his arrogance. "Once when I was over to his home, he was just sitting there, and his father said to him, 'Why don't you have some conversation with your aunt?' And he answered: 'Why should I? She wouldn't understand me anyway.' [...] As Teddy entered his teens, his social handicaps were increasingly apparent. David said his brother sometimes joined him and his friends in a softball game on the playground, even though they were far younger. The same thing happened later in life, too. "The contacts were through me in a sense," David said. "The important thing was the relationship with me, or I'm a buffer. That made him feel safe.""

Have a bump user

MK Ultra victim as most of u know. Weaps used on him starting in teens.... microwaved and lased in Harvard.

His a-hole brother finally got him disappeared.... he was ten times smarter than his brother thats why they chose Ted.

I wonder if the CIAnigger survivors of his letterbombs continued to torture kids.

bump

Hidden, saged, not politics. you didn't know the guy, this thread is dumb

Please fuck off you mouthbreathing dumbfuck.

A bump for you my good scholar.

At least is a real human.

On Ted's parents' concern for their young son

>"Concerned over his social development, the Kaczynskis consulted school guidance counselors, but never took Teddy to a psychiatrist [...]. Teddy often went into moody depressions, retreating to his bedroom for days on end, coming down only for meals. "He was not happy in school," David said. "I think he had become during adolescence more withdrawn.""

On young Ted the prankster

>"As a high school student in suburban Chicago, Unabomber suspect Theodore Kaczynski was a "socially inept" prankster who built small bombs, two former classmates say. [...] Lorin and Jo Ann De Young, who run a small private school in San Jose, said Kaczynski's intellectual brilliance wasn't matched emotionally. "Ted was just very socially immature," Lorin De Young said Monday. "He was a little bit of a prankster. I guess just to get attention.""

On Ted attempting to befriend local youths

>"Carpenter Street lay in a tough neighborhood, and as Ted grew older he began to realize that some of his friends were budding juvenile delinquents. When a group attacked an old homeless man, pelting him with garbage, Ted started drawing away. [...] his comrades, sensing his retreat, "saw me as too much of a good boy.""

On Ted's strange first date

>"Kaczynski [...] lacked even elementary social skills. Russell Mosny recalls one of Kaczynski's rare dates. [He] borrowed his parent's car and took a girl to a movie. A half hour into the show, he excused himself and walked out of the theater, then returned [...] thirty minutes later he left again, then returned. He repeated these mysterious exits twice more. But the last time he did not return. After the movie was over, the girl found Ted waiting for her on the street. "Where have you been?" she asked. "I parked the car at a thirty-minute meter and had to keep putting nickels in," he explained. [...] "I ran out of money for tickets to get back into the theater."

>What's wrong with Ted?"

David K.... worst brother in history. David learned he was MK and not only didnt help.... he got him disappeared into Supermax yrs later. Fuck David Kascz.

Here you go lad

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150760491/

If you search in 4plebs Sup Forums for "narrate the life of" you'll find all biography anons threads.

On Ted Kaczynski as a university professor at UC Berkley

>"Ted Kaczynski was exposed to some of the most radical left wing activism on the UC Berkley campus; but none of that seemed to have affected Ted Kaczynski or so we thought.
>"Ted Kaczynski was described by his associates as pathologically shy."
>Ted received terrible teacher evaluations from students, the evaluations described him as too nervous during lectures, unclear and unorganized lectures, not very helpful especially during office hours.
>After two years he resigned with no given explanation to why he would give up his hard earned prestigious title as a math professor in one of the best mathematics departments in the country.

>On Ted's strange first date

>"Kaczynski [...] lacked even elementary social skills. Russell Mosny recalls one of Kaczynski's rare dates. [He] borrowed his parent's car and took a girl to a movie. A half hour into the show, he excused himself and walked out of the theater, then returned [...] thirty minutes later he left again, then returned. He repeated these mysterious exits twice more. But the last time he did not return. After the movie was over, the girl found Ted waiting for her on the street. "Where have you been?" she asked. "I parked the car at a thirty-minute meter and had to keep putting nickels in," he explained. [...] "I ran out of money for tickets to get back into the theater."
This would make for a funny greentext and be viewed under the lens of awkward teenage interaction if it wasn't for TK's actions later in life. People attribute these sorts of things to malice where it doesn't exist. This could be a families favorite story to hear from grandpa about his first date with grandma, instead it's painted as the dark foreboding event that signaled abnormality.

On Ted's disposition as a teenager

>"He admits that he was "probably a very difficult teenager to live with" and that his parents "were in some respect generous and unselfish." He describes developing a "system of morality that evolved into an abstract artificial construction that could not possibly be applied in practice" but never telling anybody about this system because he knew they would never take it seriously. At the same time, he describes looking for a way to justify hating people."

On Ted telling a stranger about his unhappy childhood

>"An earnest, almost pleading fellow in search of work. That was the message that came with Kaczynski's hand-delivered letter [...] to Becky Garland, a local environmental activist [...] he also revealed a grown man who still lamented a childhood truncated by his academic success. He was "letting us know a little bit about his childhood, just that he had missed a lot of it, by his education," recalled Garland, who read the letter the same day her sister received it in the summer of 1994. "Being educated so much . . . he was different because of it.""

On Ted recalling his unhappiness at school

>"Throughout his writings and conversations, he focuses on the fact that he was moved from the fifth to seventh grade. He identifies this as the cause of his lack of development of social skills, a problem that continues with him to the present. Between the seventh and 12th grade, he perceived "a gradual increasing amount of hostility I had to face from the other kids. By the time I left high school, I was definitely regarded as a freak by a large segment of the student body.""

You sound like you have a very low IQ.

Bump. Literally the only interesting thread on this board full of gay wad propogandists at the moment.

On Ted leaving Illinois for Harvard

>"Ted left for Harvard when he was sixteen. It never would have occurred to me that my brother would suffer as a result of social isolation (and worse) there, because I had no idea he needed anything from people. I thought of him as emotionally self-sufficient, free of my "weakness" for human companionship, my need for social validation. Only years later did it occur to me that I probably mistook his introversion and strong defenses for emotional strength."

On Ted's struggle to fit in with wealthy students

>"Barely 16 years old, he went to Harvard. In the late 1950s, it was a men's club, wealthy, WASPy and elitist. When Ted Kaczynski, the shy, Polish-American son of a sausage maker, arrived, eyes down and wearing a garish plaid jacket, he was met by students who wore suits and ties to class."

On Ted recalling his early efforts to make friends at Harvard

>"there was a good deal of snobbery at Harvard [...] The house master, John Finley [...] often treated me with insulting condescension. As a result, when my first attempts to make friends were met with a cool reception, I just gave up and became solitary."

I dont see David K's depiction heading towards the truth.... so here it is Sup Forums.....

Ted after Harvard decided to research all of the fuckers who operated or developed or implemented the DEW for MK Ultra onto him in his youth. They were making millions torturing him and other kids and he obviously expressed his displeasure with them by sending them hurtful gifts. Only 3 deaths resulted in his revenge.

OBTW ted speaks fluent Russian and is one of the smartest people in America .... so I am told.

Damn that hurts.

can everyone stfu I'm trying to read

Here's some guesses:
1. You are overweight.
2. You delve into conspiracy theories.
3. You engage in porn
4. You have missed out on many opportunities in life, and you are scared to face what this implies about you.

On Ted's lack of confidence as a young man

>"His confidence in his intellect was not matched by any visceral confidence in his worth as a person, and over time the divide would only grow larger. His self-confidence became infected with doubt, recoiled, and then redoubled toward arrogance and grandiosity. His separation from loved ones, combined with his social awkwardness, fed the fear that he was unlovable. His early training sustained him for years. He knew how to maintain appearances up to a point, but it cost him great effort, and that effort eventually wore him down."

On fellow Harvard housemates' memory of Ted

>"what they remembered about him at Harvard were his annoying trombone blasts in the dead of night, the primordial stench of rotting food that drifted from his room, his odd metronomic habit of rocking back and forth on a chair as he studied, and his icy aloofness as he strode through the suite, saying nothing, slamming his door to shut them out."

On Harvard suitmate Patrick McIntosh's memory of Ted

>""I don't recall more than 10 words being spoken by him." [...] "He was intensely introverted," Mr. McIntosh said of Mr. Kaczynski. "He wouldn't allow us to know him. I never met anybody like him who was as extreme in avoiding socialization. [...] "He wouldn't allow us to know him," McIntosh said. "At the same time, you had the impression that he was brilliant.""

On Ted's obscurity in college

>"If Ted was a misfit in high school, he virtually disappeared in college. "With only 17 people in that place, you would think I would remember everything about this guy," Bauer says. "I don't." It was not that this was 38 years ago. "If you had asked me that question a year after graduation, I would have given the same response.""

I though you already did a Ted thread? Not that I mind good reposts.

based UK Teddy poster

What do u know about Ted... anyone in your family ever speak with him? Name an aircraft carrier and I have likely landed on it. Ever imagined flying a tailhook airplane on your mothers couch you retard?

OP here. I did but that thread lacked many details and ended at the point at which he was arrested.

On Ted as a quiet and forgettable roommate

>"Ted spent almost no time in the common room. He was "extremely reclusive," Patrick S. MacIntosh, another of the Midwesterners, told the Boston Globe. In the three years that Ted Kaczynski lived in Eliot House, MacIntosh says, "I don't recall more than 10 words being spoken by him. Ted stands out only for being completely without relationship to anyone in the suite.""

On Ted's untidy room in college

>"The suitemates also remember Ted's housekeeping. "His room was an unholy mess, the worst mess I've ever seen in my life," MacIntosh says. "Sometimes it smelled like he had left his lunch in there for weeks.""

On Ted's academic ability in college

>"Indeed, Ted was more than an independent thinker. He was independent, period. While most students wanted help with their research, Duren says, Ted Kaczynski worked alone. He was meticulous. He wrote his explanations and proofs in greater detail than Duren and other professors considered necessary, and he printed the proofs in neat, square, evenly spaced letters."

On Ted as a studious loner

>"Ted Kaczynski was a loner socially, as well. John Remers, who lived in East Quad, took classes with him. He remembers that Ted always ate by himself. "I doubt I ever exchanged a word with him," Remers says. "What struck me is that he was never with people. He didn't seem to socialize. He was totally self-absorbed, always at the library and focused on math." In his second year, Ted moved off campus and lived in small rooms on nearby streets. "He behaved well to other people," Duren says, "but he was wrapped up in the work he was doing.""

ah okay. nice

>On Ted's obscurity in college
Still waiting on MK Ultra part of your "story"

I find the bitterness of your response amusing. I believe I must've said some things that touch some truth about your persona.

Bump

I recently started to read technological slavery, many of the points raised are quite enlightening but the narrative is so unrelenting pessimistic and outright hostile at times.

>I find the bitterness of your response amusing
Soy boy no like rhino getting to close to the car?

>MUH MK ULTRA
Go back to you insufferable faggot

>you're over weight
He's a modern American
>you delve
Duh...
>you engage in porn
He's a modern America
>you missed...
50/50 shot

Basically you're cold reading like a faggot. Fuck off CIA nigger.

He is a deeply resentful person because of his failures in life.

I bet you Ted would of been a much happier person if he had found a wife before retreating to the solidarity of the woods.

They made a good series about him, it is called the unabomber manhunt i think

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNE-7DyLJ5w

>Hidden, saged, not politics.
>not politics
>Guy wrote a political manifesto and was a TERRORIST
>Hidden, saged
>Continues to post in thread, clearly monitoring

You utter faggot.

>insufferable
Who are you .... Sylvester the Cat?

OP here. Henry Murray is also the psychologist who wrote a lengthy government-commissioned report on the psychology of Adolf Hitler to help US leaders "understand" their future enemy.

On the rise of psychology and population control

>"The rise of psychology in public policy was, then, yet another manifestation of the culture of despair. Psychological techniques of manipulation were thought to be necessary because people are ruled not by reason, but by dark, inchoate emotions. [...] Social science was seen as not just a way to understand man, but to control him as well. It would provide the means by which an enlightened elite would encourage proper democratic behavior."

On the CIA experiment Ted became involved in

>"In 1967 [....] hundreds of college professors on more than a hundred American college campuses were under secret contract to the CIA. [...] The Harvard study my brother participate in was called "Multiform Assessments of Personality Development among Gifted College Men." It was overseen by the noted psychologist Henry Murray [...] it is clear that my brother was a guinea pig in an unethical and psychologically damaging research projected conducted by a team of psychological researchers who used deceptive tactics to study the effects of emotional and psychological trauma on unwitting human subjects."

On the history of Henry Murray

>"Murray was part of this drug-testing pyramid. During this time [...] he had supervised experiments "on the subjective effects of psycho-active drugs, injecting adrenaline [...] into naive subjects. [...] we do know that Murray's experiment [...] was indeed unethical. Like so much research by Cold Warriors of that era, his violated the Nuremberg Code's requirement of "informed consent." [...] this suave New Yorker, [...] who boasted aristocratic ancestry, who summered in St. Lawrence, [...] has been described as leaving friends "bleeding when he left.""

________

CIA niggers fear Ted above all else.

> not book

k thx I'll keep listening

I see that transposing thoughts into words is not your thing. That's okay, keep on living in your little walled world you've built with your insecurities. I'm sure you're "enlightened" and everyone else is a fool.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6Q65yNStcM

>Fat, dumbfuck boomer shows up to Sup Forums because someone dropped a reference to the board on one of his Alex Jones/illuminati videos on kiketube
>Proceeds to spew 1999 tier conspiracy theories, recycle Breitbart trash, and just shit up the board in general
Why don't you fuck off

On one of Murray's mistresses recalling the psychologist's personality

>"in 1937, Murray helped Christiana build a stone tower on land she had purchased [...] It became her retreat and their trysting place, where they explored their subconscious selves in elaborate sadomasochistic rituals [...] Murray's longtime assistant [...] told Robinson that "The tower game [Murray] a place that he could put his evil and find it accepted. [...] Anger, frustration, aggression, hostility, need to punish, need to explode [...] This was stronger in him that in it is in most people."

On Murray's behaviour during the experiments

>"He "took amphetamines and got himself whipped up to the point where he could work," one former colleague observed"

On the kinds of students Murray sought for his experiment

>"As Murray put it, they sought to enlist students who were "at the extreme of avowed alienation, lack of identity, pessimism, etc." [...] researchers picked twenty-two undergraduates [...] Kaczynski was the only blue-collar boy in the bunch."

On Henry Murray's assistant describing the participants

>"According to Keniston, these youths exhibited "a strong sense of cosmic outcastness." They "spent less time with others; are less intimate with them, become less manifestly involved with groups than do many or most of their peers. To all but their closest friends and acquaintances these students are usually known as aloof and rather negativistic, somewhat scornful, unwilling to be drawn into the activities of others"

_________

>it is clear that my brother was a guinea pig in an unethical and psychologically damaging research projected conducted by a team of psychological researchers who used deceptive tactics to study the effects of emotional and psychological trauma on unwitting human subjects
His brother turned him in for distributing revenge on those that tortured him. Thanks bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=ayfBf2J-Qlc

>I'm sure you're "enlightened" and everyone else is a fool.
Not everyone. Just you retard.

Sorry infowars is CIAniggerdom and I aint involved in any CIAniggerdom.

On Ted's distinction among the other participants

>"Kaczynski'[s essay] [...] revealed him to be the most nihilistic of all the participants. [...] Murray dubbed Kaczynski, "Lawful" [...] So, "Lawful" was literally accurate. At the time, Kaczynski was trying hard to be a good boy. There was no outward sign of the rebel in him."

On Ted's family's response to him entering the experiment

>"One day our parents received a letter from Harvard. Enclosed was a consent form allowing Ted to participate in a psychological research project. A parent's consent form was required because Ted was still a minor, only seventeen years old, legally barred from providing for himself. Mom's implicit faith in the university prevents her from asking questions. Years later she recalled signing the consent form. "At the time," she said. "I was glad to give my parental consent, feeling that Teddy has some adjustment issues, I hoped these nice psychologists might help him." In doing so she unwittingly committed her son to a regiment of psychological abuse that would span the next three years of his college career."

On the Dyad

>"The centrepiece of the experiments was something Murray called alternatively "stressful disputation", "dyadic interaction," [...] or simply "the Dyad". [...] Its intent was to catch the student by surprise, to deceive him, bring him to anger, ridicule his beliefs, and brutalize him. As Murray explained [...] 'First, you are told [...] to write a brief exposition of your personal philosophy in life [...] Second, when you return to the Annex with your finished composition, you are informed that [...] you and a talented young lawyer will be asked to debate the respective merits of your two philosophies.' [...] subjects were required to write [...] [about] a range of subjects from thumb-sucking and toilet training to masturbation and erotic fantasies."

Interesting thread OP, here's a bump :)

Bullshit he was the victim of CIA mind control programs.... that's documented FACT

>muh inept government agency wuz omniscient and shiet
Here's a hint, the CIA is fucking incompetent

>Imagine being this cognitively impaired that this would seem like a good response.
I will stop responding to you now, but man you're blatantly stupid and you can't even face it. It is astonishing.

t. cia

Nice
I remember a thread like this on /lit/ a while back. It was a fascinating read

Go shit up some other thread, CIA nigger.

If I wrote him a letter would my name get put on all kinds of watch lists?

lol, yea this is a remake.

On the nature of the experimental "debate"

>"When the subject arrived for the debate, he was escorted into a "brilliantly lighted room" and seated in front of a one-way mirror. A motion picture camera recorded his every move and facial expression [...] Electrodes leading to machines then recorded his heart and respiratory rates [...] the students were tricked. Contrary to what Murray claimed [...] [a] "well-prepared stooge "[...] launch[ed] an aggressive attack on his younger victim, for the purpose of upsetting him as much as possible. "

On the researchers' relationship with Ted

>"the transcript of one session in which the acting research assistant focused the conversation on my brother's beard, calling it "stupid." [...] On occasion [Ted] would pass one of the researchers on campus and offer a shy "Hello," to which the psychologists never responded but kept on walking by, as if Ted did not exist. We know that the experiments involved the calculated humiliation of subjects. We know that the basic premise of the research was to study how bright college students would react to aggressive, stressful attacks on their beliefs and values."

On fellow participants' reaction to the experiment

>"most participants found this highly unpleasant, even traumatic. [...] "Right away" said another, code-named "Trump" [...] "I didn't like [the interrogator] [...] he was being sarcastic or pretty much of a wise guy [...] I kind of sat there and began to fume"

Probably, but he would appreciate the shit out of it I imagine, that is if he actually gets it.

Interesting how people are describing him as a "good boy" throughout his childhood.

Ted in his manifesto talked a lot of oversocialization. He probably felt oversocialized himself and felt he had to adhere to all of societies expectations of people. Suppressing his natural urges that might contradict those expectations.

anybody else here think theyd be able to take this? Psychologists are cargo cult retards and their opinions should have no effect on you

>stressful attacks on their beliefs and values
aka every single day on this website

>Kaczynski was trying hard to be a good boy

Unabomber just wanted his tendies. He was a good boy dindu nuffin

>feign incompetence
That's Art of War 101 ya', dip.

>anybody else here think theyd be able to take this?
Yeah, but we have a foundation to fall back on, ie; Sup Forums. There's hundreds of thousands of people who reinforce the idea that we're correct, but we have to share truths secretly because they're rejected by the public at large, especially academia. We already expect to be berated by academics, we just all believe they're incorrect, so the element of self-doubt never manifests.

How about you read a fucking book instead of regurgitating memes.

motherfucker was pretty handsome and sharp. It's sad how bullying can push some people over the edge of sanity

based Sup Forums

Uncle Ted was wrong about technology

At the young age of 16, no I could not handle such an interrogation. You have to remember these subjects were just kids. One of them ran away to their dorm room during the interrogation and cried his eyes out.

OP here. If you wish to learn more about cover government-sponsored psychological experimentation during the mid-late 20th century I recommend Chapter 18 of Harvard and the Unabomber. I'll just focus on Ted here.

On Henry Murray's other "experiments" at the time

>"Murray served as adviser on a U.S. Army project conducted at Boston's Peter Bent Brigham and Robert Breck Brigham hospitals, in which patients were given experimental doses of the steroids ACTH and cortisone to determine their "pharmacological effect." "A certain number of patients," the team later reported, "had become psychotic or otherwise emotionally disturbed in response to treatment with these drugs"

On Ted's memories of the experiments he was involved in

>"When my brother's federal public defenders asked him about the Murray experiments, he characterized his participation as "the worst experience of my life"."

On why Ted decided not to quit the experiment

>""In that case, Ted, why didn't you quit? Why did you keep going back to the lab, week after week for three years?" "I wanted to prove that I could take it," Ted explained. "That I couldn't be broken."

On Ted’s isolation throughout his years in college

>"His adolescence and college years were marked by an almost total absence of interpersonal relationships. Early psychological testing showed an extreme elevation on the introversion scale and associated depressive feelings that would be consistent with his alienation at that point in time. […] Mr. Kaczynski recounts, in painful detail, his absence of any real or personal relationships with women, in addition to his absence of any consistent ongoing relationships with men"

On Ted’s hatred and desire to incite rebellion

>"Mr. Kaczynski claimed in his writing, that during his college years he had fantasies of living a primitive life and fantasized himself as "an agitator, rousing mobs to frenzies of revolutionary violence." He claims that during that time he started to think about breaking away from normal society. He describes that beginning in college he began to worry about his health in particular ways, always having a fear that a symptom could result in something serious. He also claims that during high school and college he would often become terribly angry because he could not express that anger or hatred openly."

On Ted's underwhelming post-graduate experience in Michigan

>"He found the teaching experience difficult and the quality of the program not to his liking. [...] he also describes having virtually no social life there [...] He began to experience difficulty with the noise from the other rooms, particularly the sounds resulting from sexual activity of other renters. He reported the noises he heard in the house to the University System, with the hope that action would be taken against Mr. (REDACTED)."