How do you cope with losing your parents?

how do you cope with losing your parents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grieve in private. Think of the good times and everything they did to make you who you are. Carry those memories with you.

Then each day, you put one foot in front of the other and try to live in a way that would make them proud of you.

you don't

Not by going on Sup Forums, that's for sure.

>Grieve in private. Think of the good times and everything they did to make you who you are. Carry those memories with you.
>
>Then each day, you put one foot in front of the other and try to live in a way that would make them proud of you.

i lost my father about 2 months ago. christmas was especially hard. this advice right here is great. sorry for your loss, op

accept your grief, it`s probably gonna be with you for a time, no need to beat yourself up over it on top. Also write them a letter if there are things you didnt have the chance to tell them, Its a nice symbolic gesture.

It'll be fine OP. Where did you see them last? Try going back there, and call the cops they'll investigate and set up a search party for you.

Make them proud by procreating and giving them grand children.

I usually ring them and ask where they are.

this

Grieve in private is the stupidest thing you can do. You need to talk to people until you're blue in the face. Then and only after a little support can you move on.

I just went a bit insane. Now im a very wealthy business owner with serious fucked up penchants. I've killed people, not directly, but I've killed a lot of people. In ways that most people would consider war crimes. Through economic measures and manipulation of commodities. I feel better now though :)

>bongistani humor

I hate them

you become batman

any way an user can get in on the action?

Oh, frog...my sweet summer child.

He means "losing" as in his parents are dead. Not missing.

you never lost them. They are with you forever as they created you

HAAAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD RIDDANCE YOU HORRIBLE CUNTS

never even went to the funerals, all their shit right in the bin. there is absolutely no excuse for chauvinistic women and wagecuck men who chase them.

Nonsense, flag is Oz so he's an Anglo-Saxon, do not talk to anyone except to downplay it and say "ye im alright". Practice the stiff lip

>Being this dumb.

My parents raised me in a cult and I’ve been hoping they die since I was 13 so that I could be free

>actually shitting in public

Listen to the Mike and the Mechanics song "The Living Years"
youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k
, read the comments, realize it's a universal pain everybody has to deal with, then take it day by day and once and a while reminisce by looking at old photos, sharing stories with other family members.

Kill yourself - reincarnate - relive childhood

That is what I'll do if that ever happens to me but I'm betting on age reversal and longevity medicine

They say only below 80 IQ don't understand sarcasm.

Business... Business never changes.

Not really. Just become wealthy. Once you start to scratch the top you see how laughable Sup Forums's ideas are. Then you burst through, suddenly, its all ok. The death of my mother was the last string that tethered me to social rules. I suppose, I would suggest simply this -- enormous success is trivial if you are slightly intelligent, single-minded, and 100% sociopathic.

This might seem weird but just remember millions of people have gone through this and came out the other side.

It sucks but it was bound to happen eventually so why fall apart over it. Be stronger than those people who break over this because it's what your parents absolutely would have wanted

Miss them but move on and make them proud

>(((heightened terror status)))

and when they do die and people see you crying out of joy, it finally fucking sinks in that you were telling the truth to them the whole time. some people really are bad people, and those people are fully capable of making children.

I understand user. I really do.

I didn't know gun runners were still a thing.

Indulging in emotionality only makes the trauma hit harder for most people. There are some (mostly women) who talk it out but most deal better grieving in private or in the company of their husband/wife.

Spraying your sloppy feelings all over everyone only makes it worse for everyone including yourself.

Good advice

We call it baiting on Sup Forums.
Still, I love Cheese and my gf brought cool chocolates from France.

I make political posts on Sup Forums instead of off topic subjects, usually helps.

>Just become wealthy.
Yeah that's real fuckin' easy.

You just have to understand that it's going to be the first thing you think about when you wake up and the last thing you think about before you fall asleep for a long time.

But eventually, you'll find it's the second thing. Then the third.

Anyday better than doing it in marts.

realise out of the 2 options its better for you to lose them then them having lost you. cos thats the way it should go. apart from that you dont

>The death of my mother was the last string that tethered me to social rules.
Im pretty sure im gonna become the most degenerate person once the string is cut. Im basically only alive cause it makes my dad happy.

Family. That and remembering the good stuff.

Slowly. By doing the right thing.
Sorry to hear that leaf.
Been there done that myself.

F OP's parents

>medpack
>killing people
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HEAL THEM, NOT KILL THEM

Why though?

TAKE THEIR MONEY AND MAKE YOURSELF A FATHER

by being unable to feel empathy for other people

Its never fun or never easy op. I almost killed myself in the midst of the depression i had from losing mine. Best thing to do is be patient. With time, you will feel more and more ok with it. The guilt sucks, but you have to trust that your parents knew you loved them.

Get new ones

You become a reliable man on the funerals, bucko, let people cry on your shoulder, roughly speaking.

Sorry to hear op. Even though I haven't lost mine yet (ol man is on the way out) and was beaten by them growing up for doing stupid things (different times then from now) I'd still miss them a lot.. The best you can do is remember all the good times and what they thought you directly or indirectly and to teach your kids the values they thought you. The uneasy truth is it gets easier with time, but who likes playing the waiting game hug. Good luck op, thoughts with ya man

Follow that advice and you kill your soul.

Men and women experience emotions differently.
Talk to people who will listen and whom you trust. I wouldn't go trusting just anyone with your inner feels no, this is not the argument.

The ideal middle ground is to resolve things internally until you hit a roadblock that you don't know how to get around, then reach out.

My parents abandoned me. Happy New Year!

Pray to the God of the Bible (the only true God) He will comfort you

nice shitpost lol australia never fails to put a smile on my face

Wise user. They are honored each time you move forward in love.

Sorry for your loss OP.

What does resolve things internally mean exactly?

Do the stiff upper lip thing on the outside, think deeply about / out a lot of effort into resolving your emotional issues on the inside.

>put

realize that for humans to reproduce we have to have parents and yours were just fundamentally how we operate. when you realize your parents aren't special you'll be better off user.

You can't effectively resolve issues internally. You have to talk out loud about them. That's how go through the thought process.

You never cope, you just move through life and eventually you realize that one day you've survived it, and that you can think back on the good memories without obsessing over the pain of never having any more of them in the future.

Sorry for your loss OP.

Sorry, you cope but you don't get over it. Shit english

Eventually the pain of loss will fade.

Dance on their graves

Live. Rise and walk with your own strength. It's okay. As long as the Earth, the Moon and the Sun exist, everything will be alright.

By not being a pussy. Life sucks, it sucks even more when you're weak.

I hope my parents fucking die in agony. I hate them so much. Can't relate.

autism

>t.16 year old emo boy

It's very hard. I'm still sad about daily, but the first couple of months I was a total wreck. All I would do was sit, and watch the news like a zombie. I was so depressed that's all I could do. Like I said, still get really down about it now and always will, and I carry guilt and regrets that will always haunt me.

Everything changes when a parent you love dies.

I fucking love British humor sometimes

Johnny Reb's parents are also his aunt and uncle and his father is his grandfather.

masturbation

>how do you cope with losing your parents?
make them wear a bell duh

make them proud by acting in a respectful way the rest of your life

Cryonics

Somebody with reddit spacing is retarded. As expected.
Ironic.

you lucky bastard.

>not pointing out the overused GoT meme.

In fact I am 20yo closeted fag with no life whose only sexual experience was a BJ to some random guy from grindr (I still haven't tested for STDs, because I am too anxious to do this and I cry over this every night because I am afraid of HI ). My parents are too overprotective and love me too much. They didn't raise me right. I am such a pussy to commit suicide. I see no future. Also they are poor losers with who live in a shitties shithole with a shitjob and I am stuck with them for the whole life. I hate them for giving me a life. My life is mental pure suffering. In 10 years it will be accompanied by physical sufferings. Why live?

hurry up and end it already then you fucking faggot

There's almost certainly nothing wrong with you.

My parents were selfish and neglectful for my entire childhood. They were drunks that split early on, then decided to remarry when I was 13 with unresolved issues. Things didn't get resolved til I was around 18 so I've lived in a very broken home for most of my existence. I'm 21 now, on my own, they're very old and on their way out. My mother is on oxygen 24/7 from having smoked her entire life. My dad is in good shape for 66, but his age is catching up to him. My parents are very flawed individuals and yet somehow they have a place in my heart, they are human after all. Nobody is perfect and that's what I've come to realize with age - they did the best they could with what they had. My mom, not so much, moreso my dad. I'm sharing mostly for the chance of others relating, so they know that they aren't alone. Despite alcoholism and the nightmare that is single motherhood, I love my parents very much as human beings.

The best thing you can do is focus on the admirable traits of theirs, and carry them with you so that you truly never lose them. I'll be losing my parents soon, and I empathize with you OP. My thoughts are with you, keep your head up.

the pain will always be there but you can use it to make yourself better. for example recently i lost my grandfather my dads father just to be clear. that was difficult because neither of us knew much about the other we probably could have both made more effort to do so. my grandfather had a philosophy though never out right said was easy to understand. when you fall down you get up and brush yourself off ever damn time.

I didn't go to see my grandpa when he was dying and he asked about me.

i would also like to thank this web site for helping me through that pain. i choose to make my first post the day after my grandpa died thank you guys for making me feel like i belong to something i look forward to see what great things come from this web sight next

No problem user. Just don't get too autistic about jews, it's a detriment to our cause

sieg heil

Everyone is different OP. I can only tell you how i did it, and that's by being based and deciding to become someone my parents always wanted me to be, someone that my mom and dad would be proud of. Having a GF also helps.

sorry about your loss dude

U got issues bruh

Switzerland, Switzerland never changes.

U cant get hiv from oral

There were some cases when fags got HIV from oral. Apart from HIV, there is also syphilis and other diseases. I am too socially awkward to go to a doctor and test for them even though it has been 4 months.
>ib4 how did suck a random fag then?
It was dark, we were in a forest and never met again. He lives far away from me. I don't even remember how he looks.

Poverty