Has there ever been a battle harem series that actually strayed from the norm in terms of its cliches?

Has there ever been a battle harem series that actually strayed from the norm in terms of its cliches?

Like, for isekai, there are a lot of generic ones out there. But at least some writers try to break defined cliches and have their MC reincarnate as a slime or a spider or a vending machine, or mock those cliches heavily like in Konosuba.

But with battle harems, I am literally drawing a blank. All of them follow the same plot structure, the same character archetypes. People bemoan how bad isekai is in their stories, but battle harems might be even worse in that regard.

Campione.

Why change something that is working?

Yeah, the other one that aired the same season.

Forget the name.

Rakudai Kishi?

>battle harem
>not being cliche
It does not exists.

Yeah that's the one. Rakudai Kishi.

I actually enjoyed it for a school battle harem.

Asterisk?

They are both shit so don't kid yourself.

>Rakudai
Literally a rip-off of Asterisk.

Battle harem is old cancer. Isekai is new cancer that's currently flooding the industry. Even so Isekai is the lesser evil since it is sometimes is less generic, albeit still full of cliches.

sometimes less*

I just woke up.

Is there a Isekai School Battle Harem anime yet?

It's actually nice that it isn't harem and that MCs actually fuck.

That probably exists, but I haven't seen it yet. All the one I've read are either comedy, adventure, or a mix of both.

>isn't harem
Not this shit again.

Is Fairy tail a battle harem?

Generic battle shounen is a different kind of evil.

Antimagic > Asterisk > Rakudai

UQ Holder

One of his love interests is still in love with his grandfather
Another one of his love interests is a man

Eh. While Rakudai did overturn a lot of the cliches, it still generally stayed on the battle harem path. It's good in comparison to other BH titles, but otherwise it's not THAT special.

But Isekai is as old as dirt

Freezing and Mahouka

Magika no kenshi to shoukan maou

>or mock those cliches heavily like in Konosuba.
LOL Konosuba is played straight