Lucky Star is the only anime that I come back to watch every few years to understand all of the references

Lucky Star is the only anime that I come back to watch every few years to understand all of the references.
So far I'm at about 85%

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-04-30/lucky-star-changes-director-after-four-episodes
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-12/director-yutaka-yamamoto-talks-about-lucky-star-firing
youtube.com/watch?v=7STbq-ZYhmY
youtube.com/watch?v=fR7omlCUYO4
youtube.com/watch?v=3TiKQ-IB6-M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Konata is for lewd and only lewd. Post that are about Konata and don't sexualize her should be deleted on sight.

I watched the first episode and couldn't not possible understand how this could be entertaining

Not a bad OP though

get out of Sup Forums

No seriously how is a girl's intrpretation of how to eat chocolate enjoyable for anyone

Was the punch line that she thought it was like a fish head?

Shit taste.

Konata is great, but my girl is kagami.

Kagami>Hiyori>Konata>Yutaka>Miyuki>Tsukasa>Minami

The staff changed after ep 3 because it wasn't doing so well and since then onwards they decided on a different route for the anime making it a world-wide phenomenon that basically re-invented the moe genre.

The first 4 episodes of Lucky Star are notoriously awful, so bad infact that Kyoani actually fired the person who directed them. The new guy who directed the rest of the show does a much better job, the jokes actually have comedic timing and the overall pacing of the show is improved.

Why is a Japanese highschooler into Dadrock?

Is that right?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-04-30/lucky-star-changes-director-after-four-episodes

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-12/director-yutaka-yamamoto-talks-about-lucky-star-firing
Then he tried to get his job back but wasn't sucessful.

The dude has had a complex about Lucky Star for years too. He later worked on Kannagi and gave the LS girls a cameo, and then he later went on to direct the obscure Lucky Star Spinoff (Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku) that EVERYONE fucking hated.

youtube.com/watch?v=7STbq-ZYhmY

Please not that despite how the main girls are the stars of the opening: They don't show up at all. Konata and Kagami have a cameo in the background but that's it.

Same for Genshiken

Please do not lewd my waifu.

I come back to Lucky Chuta fairly often.

That's one of my favorite scenes!

>Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku
>everyone hated

I have actually been curious about watching that spin-off. What made it bad?

You know the reasons why people hated the first four episodes of Lucky Star? Imagine that but for a while series with the added disappointment once you realise that none of the original girls are going to be involved in any significant way.

You have to watch past the Yamakan episodes, he literally almost ruined this show.

So it's just boring bullshit without anything really interesting happening.

Well I guess it is technically a true sequel to Lucky Star, but just as disappointing as Duke Nukem Forever.

It was really boring.
The "WE'RE POOR but my sister is a fucking weeaboo and keeps spending money" joke got really old after the first minute, to be honest.

Is Lucky Star as good as K-On?

I liked all of Lucky Star including the first four episodes and all of Miyakawa-ke.
Does that mean I have shit taste?

Lucky Star is a prerequisite for watching K-On

user.

I am warning you.

Be careful.

They could be coming.

If we get by with a safe thread, then all is right with the world

But be careful.

Is it still trendy to ruin Lucky Star threads with weird images of Tsukasa? I await it.

Has anyone been to this TF2 map?

That TF2 map is a relic of 2008. Honestly seeing it makes me a little nostalgic.

>all those old memes
Its like a time capsule

There is nothing relic about that map. Many servers still run it 24/7.

It's pretty bad, I watched the whole thing. People who really like it are pretty much just nostaligafags and memesters. I mean it's not THAT bad I guess, there are some good parts, but it's mostly pretty boring. It's a very primitive CGDCT. There's really not reason to watch it now since we have masterpieces like Yuru Yuri and New Game.

I used to play that map so much, I used to think it was the funniest thing ever. Makes me nostalgic for the Christmas I got a pc that could play TF2

Yuru Yuri I can understand, but New Game is the very definition of committee designed SoL. It feels soulless and tries way too hard to pander to its audience.

Nobody's going to care about it in a few years.

The twins are the cutest!

After all these years Kagami is one of the greatest tsunderes ever.

Re-watching Lucky Star depresses me though, otaku culture in general has changed a fuckton and seeing how it used to be back then through Lucky Star is kinda sad. They were much simpler times.

If you want to commit suicide then I suggest you watch Otaku no Video, Genshiken, Lucky Star and then whatever recent anime that focuses on otaku culture.

> understand references

Legends says when you hit 100% you hit full autistic

>Nobody's going to care about it in a few years
I will

>whatever recent anime that focuses on otaku culture.
Like Oreimo, where otaku culture is presented as some kind of otacool normie bullshit where you can meet hot girls like Kirino

>very primitive CGDCT.
Stop talking like you're some sort of expert.

Everybody fell asleep at the first episode. But it did get better later on.

Something that always stuck out to me even to this day was Konata saying that female otaku typically don't want to date male otaku: They're still interested in conventional sorts of dudes. Which is pretty funny since a lot of people who waifu her are doing it because "I want an otaku gf like me! ;_;"

I wonder what sort of reaction this comment would have gotten if Lucky Star came out today.

She's right. Any girl worth her salt no matter how much of a freak she is wants a chad.

It's as if Lucky Star post ep 4 was made by a combination of a normie and extreme otaku, and honestly that combination was really really good.

I like Konata because she is a otaku like me, except she has friends. Oh god I wish I had friends too ;_;

Konata also likes videogames and she is kawaii. And there are lesbians in the show and that's good because I like lesbians and I will never have a girlfriend. Why am I such a loser?!

Konata is like my dreamgirl she has a :3 face I love that. She is also nice why aren't real girls nice!? I got dumped a lot of times but I love konata and she wouldn't dump me because she's so nice and cool.

We would play videogames all day and watch Naruto and other cool animes on TV, and I would have sex with her because sex is so good. I wish I could have sex with a girl.

Is this a JoJo reference?

is Konata a Jojo fan?

It was one of my first animes and the fansub I watched explained ALL the jokes, I remember pausing the vid a lot lol, I want to rewatch it, I think I'll enjoy it more now.

youtube.com/watch?v=fR7omlCUYO4

me on the right

First time watching it and i got all the references. Even this not a fan thou.

Mi Casca es Tsukasa

Same beside that bathroom scene with the shampoo.

youtube.com/watch?v=3TiKQ-IB6-M

Is the refrence a barrel roll.

LUCKY STAR APPRECIATION THREAD!

Konata is /ourgrill/

Starting to get creepy 'round here.

This is literally my opinion about it. Watched the first episode and jumped ship, but end up rewatching the op every now and then.

Should I give another chance to this?

I actually really like the Miyakawa OVA.
It was one of my favorite parts of the series.

Lucky Star is underrated nowadays.

Agreed, I also still think that Lucky Star>K-On

I don't even like Lucky Star that much but the knowledge that there are people on this board RIGHT NOW that think fucking Yuru Yuri of all things is a better show utterly terrifies me

I heard they fired the people who did the first 3 episode and you can see the improvement

Watch the 4th episode to see if you like it

As someone who has seen both,

Fucking this

I honestly liked the first 3 episodes the best, is there something wrong with me or do I just dig the first directors style more or something

God dammit I miss Lucky Star and I miss 2007 internet.

Me too, user. It was a simpler more fun time to be on the internet.

I fucking loved Lucky Star, but I've never seen K-On. Are they similar beyond cute gurls cute cute etc.? I feel like Lucky Star was self-aware and K-On perhaps isn't.

it's massively overrated. references are a low form of humor and bear little to no comedic value, and one might question the ingenuity of the writers, when all they're producing is boring SOL and references. also fotm from 10 years ago doesn't magically get good over time.

How long ago was that?

I mean it happens. First time I watched Hidamari Sketh i just couldn't get into it, but I later tried watching it again and completely fell in love with it.

If it's just because character-driven slice of life isn't your thing, then no number of rewatches will change what the show is.

K-ON doesn't even touch otaku culture.

K-On is a lot more sincere; aiming to be subversive isn't a mark of quality in itself.

tfw in 10 years people will post about Umaru like this

K-On is more about the narrative of the girls becoming friends, which leads to some deeply emotional scenes