Netflix's Death Note

Will he nail the role?

Probably

The casting in this is just awful, that's not even the worst part.

niggers nail anything and anyone

I really question why. It's really worth to ruin the adaptation of a classic just to stir shit up and create controversy?

So instead of being a monotone autist, he'll be a jive turkey?

How long until somebody cries about racism because the nigger dies?

Americajins ruin everything

>L is supposed to be intelligent
>casts a black person
hmm, really makes me think

>Multicultural cast
> no asian in an asian based show
Muh progression

Good actor, but I don't think he'll be a good L honestly.

I just hope they keep L as the smelly autistic shutin and don't try to turn him into a sexy tortured intellectual Cumbersnatch ripoff.

But they probably will tho

The funniest part is that L does actually look asian, unlike many anime characters.

AYO, KIRAH

Controversy gets people talking, people talking makes people want to see it just to see if its bad or not.

Sup Forums is literally Sup Forums tier.

Which is funny because he's British, not Asian.

Its gonna suck regardless. Jaoanese have a hard time adapting anime into live action and you think muricans will do better?
Db evolution says hi. Imagine micheal hay directing gundam with a black MC. The nips would go ww3

Now we need the LGBT character

Ohba responded saying "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that".

Where is the african?

Light's in the cast already.

i think the L cast is fine, but the Kira cast made me fucking cringe

>Where is the african?
Quarter french

He's not the problem. The guy playing the role of Kira is. I can imagine this black dude being some sort of genius who never go outside, no problem. I can't picture the other dude being the ultimate chad of his college. He looks like a misfit.

>Michael bay directing EVA

HEH

>ultimate chad
Light wasn't a chad, he was an honor student.

Nicely keked

that guy is gonna love getting his white-face and wig on for the part.

Mellow has got you covered there

he's got the stare and the sunken eyes at least

not crazy about the beard

>The fact L, the black man, dies and Near, the white man, comes in and quickly solves it... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?!

>You can't whitewash if you're not white

It doesnt matter what colour N is. Its gonna suck balls regardless the trailer already looks like an overdramatic twilight rip off

"Chad" can't be smart? I tought the term was for handsome, atlethic and popular dude with a big ego.

I liked this dude in Atlanta.

He could play L okay, but Kira looks like a coked up spastic

America AKA Illuminatiland always ruining everything they touch by pandering to the LGBT and multicultural audience.

Doesn't that nigger play Snoop in SOC?

The black guy dies first again.

He was a japChad. Chads in Japan are handsome, charismartic, good at sports, and smart. In America they are just handsome and good at sports.

What went wrong?

Heh...looks like you guys have some unresolved issues about insecurity with your own race...heh....you should see my psychologist and spiritual trainer about it....he'll soothe your hate!

Fuck off abdul

Abdul?! Did you just assume my race, you cishit?

or worse, the writers change it so that L wins because its a black guy putting down a white guys privilege to death notes

YOU WANT SUMMA DEEZ CAKE

I'm worried though. Kira will be a random school shooter type of guy in this right? Fucking americans...

Its like im browsing Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

So this is the power of Sup Forums elitism huh

Are you illiterate? I said fuck off abdul

I bet even disney would do a better death note.

Near is going to be a chink

3D

too white

everyone knows live-action threads are crossposter containments.
Just filter and move on.

>tried picturing this nigga acting as autistic as L
No way no how.

I only come to these threads so I can report a lot.

Light was able to get a date with any girl at any time, he was a Chad.

THIS
get blacked and stay cucked or get rekt

He'll be mediocre.

Fujos will hate it because he isn't a Japanese twink but a nigger.

more like get YELLOWED

Man, really??

A nigger as the smartest guy

More baffled at the fact that a Naked Brothers Band guy is Raito

What Chad cares about a political goal more than pounding whores?

True Sup Forums is conservative as fuck

>implying it can't work

He just needs to look like Tyrone Biggums

No

Initial impression seems to be that they're rewriting L into a sort of underground pop culture figure, like Banksy.

He's not afraid of or uncomfortable with actual public appearances (you see him clearly at the head of a press conference, which I imagine will likely be the Lind L. Taylor moment except he uses the fact that he isn't killed because he's wearing a mask to narrow down the criteria for Kira being able to kill), but he wears a mask because it's what his image is. That alone is enough to indicate that the character will be completely different outside of "superficial" changes caused by the race rewrite.

He's not going to be a socially retarded genius, he's just gonna be a really smart guy who's too cool for the police.

That one adaptation of a manga that was an adaptation of an ln. With the aliens apparently turned out okay. I haven't seen it yet though.

did everyone miss this?

I literally cannot think of a way to have him in a live action without coming off as fucking stupid.
should have just replaced him with a generic reaper imo

What's worse is that it would have been better off if they swapped L and Light's actors around. Light looks like some basement-dwelling crackhead.

At least it looks like they're doing it with practical effects. I can respect them for not going the easy route with CG.

I wish that they had written a completely ORIGINAL storyline that takes place AFTER the original Death Note.

Basically, "What would happen if an American young adult got his hands on a Death Note and what would he do with it"

Instead of killing criminal left and right like Light Yagami did, we instead have him kill off corrupt politicians and power figures in order to clean up the corruption of the government and world around him. A fresh new take on a good concept.

But instead we get this dumb half hearted interpretation. And it's not like Death Note is not known for obtaining continuations (see image)

To be perfectly honest, black L is perfect he should always be cast black. The one I'm worried about is the pissant they cast as Light.

>Basically, "What would happen if an American young adult got his hands on a Death Note and what would he do with it"

It's basically that imo, the main character will not be Light. "What would happen if a potential american shool shooter get his hands on a Deth Note and what would he do with it".

It would look decent if they just leave him as a shadow and never actually show him. CGI would look ridiculous.
He looks fucking autistic. They change the whole fucking concept. Light is your usual white psychopathic kid and L is the black hero who tries to put him down.

>Jaoanese have a hard time adapting anime into live action and you think muricans will do better?
Nips are shit at acting.

That film was horse garbage

He'll definitely steal the show,that's for sure.

nips have
>no money
>no actors
>garbage special effects

They only have exceptions like those FF movies, kenshin and that gantz film

Wait. THAT'S the guy playing Light?

>not picking a slav for the role
one job

Should have got dexter for light and ditch the highschool crap since it's an american adaption and don't matter

And Burgers are shit at directing

>it's a Japanese cinema expert that has watched wacky manga adaptions and has heard of Kurosawa episode