Finally finished watching The Melancholy of Harhuri Suzumiya and Disappearance of harhuri...

Finally finished watching The Melancholy of Harhuri Suzumiya and Disappearance of harhuri. How is the disappearance of nagato? i don't want this to be like E7 AO and jump into a series that ruins everything. First ep seems cozy though. What does Sup Forums think?

>How is the disappearance of nagato
It's fanfiction-tier wish fulfillment shit.
I'd only recommend watching it if you like a complete butchering of the characters in a boring ordinary setting, and your are desperate to see Yuki win.

Wish fulfillment for who exactly? Certainly not Kyon.

I mean i can tell its a bit more SOL than the origonal series but i feel you can just write it off as an alternate timeline if it turns out bad.

It's a spinoff by different author that focuses on completely different things than the main series. As a big fan of the original series (including the anime, LNs, and comedic web series), I read it when they began scanlated it, and watched the anime when they aired.

Aside from the fact that Asakura and Tsuruya had lot of screen time, it didn't leave much of an impression since the core characters were so different (which is kind of obvious because of the setting, but still makes it less interesting). In the end, the only reason I watched and actually finished it was being able to hear the original cast again since I'm a huge seiyuufag.

For a much better spinoff series that actually keeps the atmosphere of original series, I recommend reading Tea of Sagittarius.

People who wanted to see Yuki win? i.e. the mangaka.

it's so different that you can't regard it as anything else anyways. i wouldn't bother with it, it's shit, the tone and genre of the show is nothing like the original and the characters are nothing like the original. i mean if you want to watch it go for it but just know that you're not missing out on anything if you don't.

I seriously do not understand posters like you. What is it about this show that irritates you so much that you can't let anyone else enjoy it? Everytime there's even the mention of this show you guys swoop in like flying monkeys to bitch and complain about this show's existence and then squirm when anyone says anything even remotely positive about it.

Did the show murder your parents?

You guys seem so deadset on making sure no one watches it that it's disturbing. It was a fun show that reconnected us with some of our favorite characters and it was a joy to step back into that world again, even if it was a little different.

Posters like him despise this spin-off because it managed to finish well, in contrast to the "canon story" that the author will never touch again.
Something similar happened with that Charlotte spin-off as the original IS novel is still forever-in-hiatus for the piece of shit of its author.

Fuck the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-"chan". It was a disappointment in every regard and I hate it from the bottom of my heart.

The writing is on the level on bad fanfiction.

There is absolutly no reason for anyone to watch this trash.

How did it finish?

After a time-skip with Ryoko returning to her home planet, Canada, she return a few years later to see the guys in college with Yuki and Kyon living together, although she was expecting them to have a child already but not yet.

jesus that sounds awful

i prefer the lack of ending haruhi has over that garbage yuki-chan pulled

Only watch if you like turkey
I've never watched it but apparently it's awful

The reason many people loathe this show is that it took a highly beloved franchise and made something that was very different in tone and athmosphere and orders of magnitudes worse.

It's the same reason people hate Nintendo for Medtroid Other M/ Federation Force or Paper Mario sticker star.

It creates the impression that the creators don't respect their properties or their fans and instead of giving the fans what they want they would rather use it to make a quick buck.

People like the one you responed to feel betrayed. They were promised more Haruhi. But they got the chinese knock-off instead.

It's also kinda retarted to make a spin-off after a movie in the same series which's whole message was that such a thing would be boring

I just don't understand such intense passionate hate. Look, I'm a fanboy for this franchise too, I love all these characters. Am I miffed that we'll never get a S3? Sure. But I don't think that justifies hating a spin-off that ultimately doesn't have influence over the original source material AT ALL. It was a cute show and I was just thankful that I got to hear all of those same voices again. I just don't understand how some people can cling so tight to negative emotions like that. Take what the show gave us and be thankful for it.

I remember when the Yuki-chan manga first came out and everybody knew it was going to be only a silly romcom. You only have yourself to blame if you picked this up and you expected more of the original work. It's not even by the same author so I don't understand that betrayal feeling.
It's not Haruhi good but for what it was, a romcom spinoff, it was good.

It was cute and funny. Fuck the haters. Canon Yuki is a shitdoll like Rei. Turkey a cute.

>It was a fun show that reconnected us with some of our favorite characters
Too bad none of those characters were even remotely reconizable. I'm amazed anyone would ever defend this piece of shit, it's like seeing a bunch of old farts put on a tribute act and failing miserably.

You have to be really fucking desperate to want to care about it, and if you're that desperate why not just read the continuation of the story instead of subjecting yourself to a piss poor fanfic turd.

Texas called. They want back their GIGANTIC FUCKING STICK YOU HAVE UP YOUR ASS.

The best.

Why is Puyo such a great artist