SO i just watched redline. I've been sitting on a giant 10gig ultra high quality version of the film for some time now

SO i just watched redline. I've been sitting on a giant 10gig ultra high quality version of the film for some time now.

And holy balls. The hype for the first act was insane. Kinda dropped the ball in the actual red line race but man the animation was top quality. And the soundtrack is insanely additive to listen too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_jQA5FnnDF4
youtube.com/watch?v=sV4PpsSr8QA
youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
youtube.com/watch?v=i8Zpgt5S1sc
youtube.com/watch?v=mYDh4WZiFPc
youtube.com/watch?v=pIHXQHztvzw
youtube.com/watch?v=raQwdCjV4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=l6xkL_1D8Sc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S E V E N
Y E A R S

That first race is one of the greatest action scenes in animation

>Kinda dropped the ball in the actual red line race

Nah

youtube.com/watch?v=_jQA5FnnDF4

I'd watch an anime where they just go around the universe screwing around

I streamed it at 480p, no regrets. Story is fucking stupid.

>storyfag
>480p
your opinions means jack shit in my eyes

>story was shit
>watched it at shit resolution

I uh.... what. The whole point of redline is that is was the most beautiful hand drawn anime, probably that will ever be made because cost reasons.

Reminder that Machine Head is Crab Sonoshee's father.

How can one driver be so great?

Because he IS his car. Clearly. If you become what you want you become the best.

And what a car it is.

>platinum nitro

You better believe. What a man. I'd let him fuck my boy hole. And i don't care how wrecked i look afterward.

>main feature is really bad
>but I liked the art!
That'll get people watching.

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNZT

The animation and music was ridiculous., even if the story was bare bones and garbage.

Should've held the race on a planet that's not doing everything in it's power to annihilate the racers

But muh action sequences

The music and audio [mixing] around this part is spectacular. Just that sudden silence as he achieves his dream.

It's a movie about racing, not much need for much exposition or explanation. Everything revolves around this race, JP's reason to race, his attachment towards Sonoshee, his relationship to his mechanic, his goal, these scenes leading up to it provide the viewer his motives and how he got to this point. What exactly is shit about the story? It might be scant and barebones, but it fulfills the purpose of the anime well enough and gives enough to keep the viewer watching.

The Redline probably generates massive revenue with their viewership, etc. What better way of ensuring it's massive than doing it on the most dangerous, extreme race of anyone's life and do it on Roboworld. Everyone just HAS to see it.

MACHINE
   E
   E
   E
   E
   E
   A
   D

7 YEARS OF FUKIN HAND DRAWN ANIMATION

Im a little disappointed since I watch this AMV first then the movie and find out how slow they were going in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=sV4PpsSr8QA

can i have a link to said ultra high quality version?

It's on Bakabt if it's the same I'm thinking about. Amazing fucking quality.

But that was the point. The (((organizers))) only choose this place to publicly shame this rival government and show the WMDs

Well, it's also part of the "make love, not war" message. The race line is marked out by heart-shaped ships. The race absolutely tears up Roboworld's military training zone, exposes their military secrets to the universe, and forces them to destroy their own super weapon.

Funky Boy did nothing wrong

As goofy as that ending was I liked it. I had no clue when I first started to watch it that it would end as a romance story.

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

It's my 53rd favourite anime movie.

>Story
>Redline

Redline is a jewel that we don't deserve.

If you did not receive pure elation watching it for the first time then you're missing something.

I'd agree woth you if Robot Carnival didn't exist

I didn't notice this until like my fifth watch

That sounds boring

Best racers

What are you, a casual?

...correct.

Thats not MACHINE HEEEEEAAAAD

Choose your fighter

Miki & Todoroki are literally our guys.

Amazing movie but I made the terrible mistake of watching it on acid twice. First time was mildly unsettling, second time once things got FUNKY I felt genuine fear for my life. The ending was amazing, however.

LYYNCHMAAAN

>youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
>UNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZUNTZ
>AHH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH AHH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH AHH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Trava continuation never, instead Koike makes edgy Lupin specials

im feeling it

I always assumed the driver JP idolised in was the mob boss aswell.

thought that too

I input the Konami Code and choose: CAPTAIN BANANA

it looked dope af tho
edgy just isnt really fitting the lupin world

Sonoshee is so perfect.

I should maybe re-record all my gifs as weebums

I found the whole cast utterly unlikeable

I would record some webms, but I only have the 720p version.

It was the exact opposite for me. What didn't you like about the cast?

Do it

redline game when

Who had the best release? BSS?

Is that because he knows of her steamlight?

JOHNNY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYA

youtube.com/watch?v=i8Zpgt5S1sc

The ending was fucking retarded but otherwise 9/10 movie.

>watch movie expecting only the first part being good
>whole thing was good
Roboworld constantly failing was hilarious to me

Reminder that you're full of shit.

Honneamise is better visually and story-wise.

He knows about the steamlight

She's waiting for someone at the restaurant and starts to wave at him when he walks in

Her dad was a racer

>Visually

No

>Story

No fucking shit

So that makes him probably a friend of her father and/or her mentor.

There's a lot of things like that. The Mob Boss is the guy in the car, Machinehead is Sonoshee's father, the Machine World general is JP's dad etc.

>the Machine World general is JP's dad etc.
You are full of shit.

>Colonel Volton is JP's dad
That's horse shit. Are you basing this entirely from the fact they both sport the same hair style?

>the Machine World general is JP's dad

>Both smokers
>Same hair
>JP claimed he was waiting for someone in the Diner where Volton shows up for seemingly no reason despite it being illegal for him to be there in an official capacity
>He didn't have JP shot when he started mouthing off

MACHINE
HEAAAAAAAAD

He really isn't. It's hinted throughout the movie. She nods to him during the diner scene when he appears, and when Sonoshee's gets BTFO buy the Roboworld troops he gets visibly worried alongside JP.

Why would any of that suggest he's her father? At all? Those things just show he is one of the good guys.

>Colonel Volton and President's dubbed voices

11/10

What's so good about it? Just the visuals?

Anime is a visual genre and Redline is the pinnacle of chink animation.

The Redline dub holds a special place in my heart for being everything those cheesy last-century dubs of old saturday morning cartoons were. They really captured the campy spirit.

The soundtrack is top fucking tier. Even that cheesy "I love you" song warmed up to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=mYDh4WZiFPc

youtube.com/watch?v=pIHXQHztvzw

I gifted Redline on blu-ray to my brother-in-law.
He is a normie but enjoys well drawn animated movies. Mononoke Hime is his favourite. He is also a huge fan of the Fast and Furious flicks and always goes to the cinema when a new one comes out - like I said, a typical normie.
So I thought he will love Redline then. I told him it was all hand drawn and took them SEVEN YEARS, etc.
After 1.5 years he said he has finally seen it and I could sense by how casually he mentioned it and the look on his face that he was neither impressed nor did he like it.
I was confused and sad, Sup Forums. It makes no sense to me. Should I have gifted him Transformers or some other cgi Hollywood shit instead? Why are normies such fucking normies?

Reminder that anyone saying that the story was stupid is only because they are stupid themselves, the writing was fantastic and the only critic the movie have is that "I don't understand it" which gets easily fixed by just watching Trava first.

You should have gifted him a bullet to the face

Because you have to like animation and watch a lot to notice if something is well animated.
And also because that movie is overrated here

>Both smokers
Everyone in Redline smokes.
>Same hair
So you are basing it off something so absolutely inconsequential. It's like saying that Shinkai is related to BosBos because they both drive cars.
>JP claimed he was waiting for someone in the Diner
JP was there for Sonoshee and was just throwing out words until she recognised him.
>Volton shows up for seemingly no reason despite it being illegal for him to be there in an official capacity
He was there to retrieve Little Deyzuna and as he says to Machine Head he doesn't care about those demilitarised zone rules because they can't do anything about it.
>He didn't have JP shot when he started mouthing off
Because as he just moments before stated he wanted to kill them during the race.

Sand Biker is one of my favourites.
youtube.com/watch?v=raQwdCjV4Us

Redline deserves the praise.

Not really. And you're obnoxious.

It just kills me that Redline will never get at least another OVA of some sort.

Fuck the creature/character designs were so vibrant I'd watch 100 episodes of that shit even if the story still sucked.

It's very overrated. There's nothing to it aside from the visuals and soundtrack.

>And also because that movie is overrated here

That might be the case and I am not going to argue with that, but still, how can you gobble up Fast and Furious normie diearrhea and not getting excited and enjoy yourself while watching CUUUHRAZEEE bonkers shit with top notch visuals like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6xkL_1D8Sc

Brings a tear to my eye

>There's nothing to it aside from the visuals and soundtrack.
That makes up most of an animation though. Are you angry because the plot is paper thin? It's a racer film.

Animation is a visual genre.

This was the exact moment I cried