Fire Punch 45

He did it the absolute madman

for a second there I thought it was Togata getting fried and I almost shit my pants

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
youtube.com/watch?v=_-mvutiDRvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc
youtube.com/watch?v=F7OvPTmhtiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was he mind hacked?

Is this the greatest manga of our current time?

Holy shit that was such a well done chapter.
This was so freaking adorable.
And then...

They go and shatter your heart.

This manga will go from god tier to shit tier once the anime is announced.

Not sure if you are joking or no. But I actually think it is one of the top mangas being produced right now. All of it comes together so well.
But with how the author wants to constantly shift the tone it could probably shit the bed at any moment.

Did he went back to kill Doma? The charred background made it hard to distinguish.

This manga is pure K I N O

Yeah, and in the process he seems to have killed everyone that was with Doma. Sorry kids.
Took me a second to realise how good this page is.

I'm sorry I doubted this manga.

>the face only healed after he realized what he has done

It's kinda neat that the first chapter never actually showed Doma's expression during the burning.

So do we think Doma was truly trying to atone for what he had done.
Or was he just using the kids as human shields for just such an occasion?

>manga is kino
>movie jokes every time
>pages are drawn like a 35mm film

You tell me.

Well yeah I totally think he was still a sack of shit and using the kids as a shield in case of Agni.
It was interesting when from Domas point of view he was getting rid of cannibals but then we saw this fucking smile!

Agni was already imaging shit and talking to his dead sister, I wouldn't trust the accuracy of his flashbacks when he's in that kind of state of mind. It felt more to me like Agni was subconsciously trying to convince himself Doma was evil so he could justify killing him. The objective view of events in chapter one cut out before that part, so there's no way to tell for sure if Doma really grinned like that or not considering the perspective we're seeing things from now.

>I've avenged you brother
Gets me every time

Agni is mad, his point of view is not objective. And even if Doma had smiled that time, he could still have changed in the meantime

So how big a time jump did he just have? Looks like he went on a killing spree for a long time.

One hour or two maybe ?

I mean from his point of view he was wiping out a town of cannibals. I still hate him.
Based on Agnis power if he just brushed past them they would have burnt up anyway. Doesn't change the fact he killed them all. And no Togata in sight...

What director-san did during the killing spree?

Togata was happy for his decision, now I think she may be afraid of him

She was filming the whole scene

>I mean from his point of view he was wiping out a town of cannibals

>She was filming the whole thing
I don't think so, filming that will ruin the movie

The movie will become a tragedy, and she can cut it if she doesn't like it anyway

I think Fujimoto Tatsuki has multiple personalities.

when you realize you're supposed to hear this song in the background for the whole scene

What they singing during Agnis massacre Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

youtube.com/watch?v=_-mvutiDRvQ
The Ninth, obviously.

What would you have done in this situation?

This scenario is too tough to self insert in.

Fits too well
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc

>convince himself Doma was evil

Doma is evil, him smiling would only make him more evil

They deserved it, he deserved it

This playing over a slow panning shot of all the burning bodies and terrain would actually fit so well.

So this is Doma right?
I can just barely make out the beard.

Yeah it's him

>yfw when Fire punch if confirmed the Kino of manga

that actually caught me off guard. Glad to be surprised by a manga, last time was probably many years ago.

Yeah i feel the same way.

Where do you read so soon?

What's up with Togata's sex? Is she a biological female that wants to be a male? Then why did batman say she was a he?

>Is she a biological female that wants to be a male?
Yes
>Then why did batman say she was a he?
Because in her mind, she sees herself as a dude

Probably because she thinks from a male point of view and since that's a pretty alien comportment in that place it makes him think that she was suspicious as heck.

because she thinks of herself as a male, but still has a pussy. it's just a nice, proper and overall good thing to do to call an transgender person by the gender they want to be, add to that the fact that japanese don't have pronouns specifically for he and she and you have people calling togata a he while she still has a fuckable pussy

How did his face even heal? Domas flames don't go out right?

Or is the regen stronger on his left side, i can't remember if something like that was mentioned in the beginning of the manga.

I'm thinking it was that "ice witch" the bitch who wants to go through with the tree thingy. She already mind hacced that other agnis sister look-a-like.

i think the flames pretty much burns his face off meaning no more burning skin= no skin and he then just heals back his face, but i think doing so takes a lot of concentration so he can only do it with part of his face

You think Director masturbates in front of a mirror then? I mean obviously, right?

This is the one manga I'm reading now that I think would legitimately benefit from an animated adaptation from a good studio.

>Doma is evil
If Toma's words are to be believed, he was rused hard by his own people into doing what he did but even then I can't say wiping out a town of cannibals in the end times of humanity is what makes him evil. Both he and Agni are killers so if anything this is one of those 'shades of gray' deals where both sides have committed atrocities in the name of what they believe.

It was said in the early chapters he jsut focuses really hard on his lower face to regenerate faster than being burned down. Took him few years to get to this point, breathing was difficult due to the flames sucking oxygen, etc. There's a depth to this chapter one can miss, Agni blacked out thanks to said exygen deprivation, then subconsciously went on a killing spree because illusory Luna wished so.

I just read that chapter
Please god don't let it be Doma's village
Please god don't let it be Doma's village
Please god, I don't care how unrealistic it would be just don't let it be Doma's village
Just thinking that he killed all those small children and atoning Doma makes me so sick that Ialmost felt like throwing up when I saw that last page.
And I'm not the kind of person who easily gets sick

Oooh yeah.
It's really subtle

When he started thinking about that deep stuff he covered his mouth like people often do while thinking.

>no oxygen
>starts tripping out
>his body auto functions and does as his trippy dreams tell him to

I've fainted a few times and the "dreams" were trippy as fuck and i was super glad it wasn't real.

Holy fuck Agni going on a killing spree has an actual, reasoned basis rather than "and suddenly traumatic memory".
Sasuga author.

Ow, nice.

Yeah this shit really blows you away. I can't wait for the next chapter.

It bothers you that much after he already took out an entire city-country by accident?

>Domas flames don't go out right?
Seems like they're not going to go away after his death either

So, time for Star Wars yet?

They will
Once he dies he stops regenerating, the reason he lived this long is because he was subconciously clinging to life.
It's the reason why his sister is dead instead of still burning.

Wasn't his sister dead because her regen couldn't keep up with the damage?

I figured it was because she gave up on life and didn't concentrate on regenerating, sweet release was much more appealing.

Though Agni does have much stronger regeneration, hence why he opted to be on the chopping block

This manga is really a THING.
Seriously it was so bad that it was good but now it turning into seriously solid thing.
In current year.
I am dreaming, right guys?

It's most likely that she couldn't keep up with it. It took her like a day to grow back a chopped limb and agni could do it instantly.

>implying Agni burning down Doma's little village doesn't mirror the Empire burning down the house of uncle Owen in A New Hope
It was Star Wars the whole time

>Doma's face
I think this was real because all other flashbacks of Luna and the villagers were real too. If you think for a sec is the face that actually triggered him.

>When he stops walking after his sister's sleep flash
I knew at this moment he was going nuclear.

Doma is not immnune to his own flames? His powers are literally going to outlive him?

No, it was simply a case of Luna's regen not being good enough, in the first chapter she thought her big bro was cool because his regen was insanely fast.

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=F7OvPTmhtiY

I really should read the rest of this but I find the film maker wannabe too annoying and of course she only likes "pop culture" from the 80s, not actual films.

Best studio for anime adaptation? I'm going with Madhouse.

nah that would just remind her of being trapped in disgusting women body

I just started reading this, what the fuck is going on?

A lot.

Doesn't the burning village look like his follower's village? There are the wrecks of some wooden buildings.

So the MC is literally the Man on Fire?

>but I find the film maker wannabe too annoying and of course she only likes "pop culture" from the 80s
She is the one who made this manga interesting, literally no one cared for Fire Punch before Togata appeared.

It doesn't, it looks like the 2 blocks settlement from Doma, and the guy burned to a crisp person given focus at the end was clearly Doma, the facial features before it burns completely is a dead give away.

She went insane due to living too long and wants to reinvent herself. She literally says she doesn't remember much about herself.

She helped the plot move along during the last arc but as a character she's not terribly interesting.

yes, but he's still alive

I agree.

Its easy to laugh at Firepunch due to how random it feels but so far everything "fits" -since the initial set up is so ambiguous anyways- and it manages to be really entertaining.

Camera Girl a best.

The smile looks kinda added if you pay attention.

Agni was just mad as fuck deep inside, its something that had to happen and now he has to live with it.

Hope she survive.
This manga really give me too many feels.

Ok so wait, this Doma guy, when he burns people or something, is so that it becomes in a constant state of fire? Is that why Agni (Funnily enough, it's a hindi name for Fire) always on fire?

>Nobody wants the Ice Witch

I want to break through her cold exterior and give her the warmth and loving she deserves.

Yes. Things are on fire until they die and that fire can't be put out.

Doma's power is having his flames constantly burning until whatever was burned in the first place finally dies.
Agni's power is not dying.

>having his flames constantly burning until whatever was burned in the first place finally dies.
Damn, that's a frightening power.

Honestly the best part of the manga is the multiple people older than a hundred years old
Immortals always make for interesting characters, specially if society collapses and they are the only ones with somewhat scientific knowledge

Yes, his flames burn out until the target desintegrates, so far nothing can counter it.

Turns out Agni's regen is so insanely high that it created a state where the flames can't burn him to a crisp but Agni cannot extinguish them, it made Agni into a proxy of Doma's powers, whoever he touches will burn to death.

>Oh wow that's kinda dumb why would he flip like this
>lack of oxygen
There's no better feeling when the author does something outrageous, but it was foreshadowed by one, easy to miss detail
like a lot of Dorohedoro

What the fuck did I just read?
Was it Doma he fire punched or his own followers?

God damn this manga is fucking good i didn't actually expect him to go back and murder everyone. Im with everyone on him being mind controlled but i would go as far as to say he just went on a rampage and didnt' know what he was doing till the last minutes.

truly this manga is a masterpiece lel

I really wish Vertical would license this and The Arms Peddler.

>literally puts on the face of death itself

Bretty gud

Doma, the figure is very much him unless the author is doing a bait and switch with another full bearded guy in the settlement.