Is changing the ethnicity of a character really that big of a deal?

Is changing the ethnicity of a character really that big of a deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QI90W744now
complex.com/pop-culture/2013/04/25-minority-characters-that-hollywood-whitewashed/
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes dipshit

If it's not a big deal, why they did it anyway?

Seems like it was a problem for blacks when Egyptian gods were played by Caucasian actors, so it should be a problem if other roles aren't played by the right ethnicity

Yes .. Idiot

Is that butt ugly nig meant to be Mercy?

If not, then why is it not a big deal to change them back, again, to white?

It gives POC delusions of adequacy and belonging.

If it's not that big of a deal then why is it 90% of the time turning a white into a black? Why is any other conversion controversial?

In a more modern setting, I think it doesn't. The global nature of the world makes it so that purely fictional ones - like Pharah, or Hermoine Granger, or whoever - can be a number of different races, even if it's a bit of a stretch and so needs to be done within reason. A character shouldn't just switch from one race to another between films, after all, and if a character's race is important to the story is needs to stay the same (looking at you, Dark Tower).

If we're talking about a historical setting, and especially ESPECIALLY if we're talking historical figures (looking at you, Hamilton) we need to accurately portray who the person was, and their appearance, including race, is a big part of that. You'll never see an accurate Hitler character be black, after all.

>When white people played blacks or asians in cinema
"No problem here."
>When.black people play whites.in cinema.
"OMFG white genocide!! Muh greek ancestors."

a nice big juicy black cock would fit perfectly in there

What if I told you I found Gods of Egypt equally ridiculous to Edris Elba in Dark Tower?

youtube.com/watch?v=QI90W744now

Characters in pic for anyone interested:
Left: D.va
Top Left: Widowmaker
Front Centre: Phara
Right: Symmetra
Rear Centre & Rear Right: Corchponkey and noobaB (unreleased characters left to raise children as single mothers after Lucio speedboosted right the fuck out of Numbani to avoid child support payment)

Many Recent Black washing don't even bother with dyed hair or a wig. Almost as the purposefully reduce the color palette.
>When white people played blacks or asians
Like who? the famous black inventor of peanut butter?
>Gods of Egypt
had also slaves based on biblical myth

Well, well, curry waifu in the middle; tum kaisee hoo, tumhara naam kya hai?

why hide your flag, leaf?

"Hey, I guess it's my lucky day. Now get these niggers off my bed and maybe I can get a decent night's sleep."

This is perfectly fine then

>Is changing the ethnicity of a character really that big of a deal?
If its not then why do they do it?

When they change to ugly niggers yes

I dont know who those are but that black achilles that has been around here for some time is just outright retarded.
Whats next? Snoup Dog for Hitler's role?

Youre right. Its not a big deal. Just means I wont watch it.
Huge plus if I hear about it failing though. In that case it brings me great satisfaction.

She's fucking disgusting

Right actress for a role, idk

Same way how it really bothers me that you'll NEVER hear the idiot sports pundits compare a white player to a black player

>the ones who look quite similar to the actual appearance and ethnicity of their character look best
>the ones who look dissimilar and a totally different race to their character look the worst and stupid and out of place

Poetry

Fictional characters? Not really.

if you're a virgin loser and the only thing you have in your pathetic life is your whiteness and a fantasy world outside of reality

>peanut butter
I hate this nigger meme, Aztecs had the same thing before Henry VIII

Ya but it was also a problem for them when Remi Malik, an actual Egyptian, played a Pharaoh.

Name five times whites have played blacks in cinema

8 mile

uh

egyptian gods, like all gods, are caucasian.

No, but changing the ethnicity of a country is.

complex.com/pop-culture/2013/04/25-minority-characters-that-hollywood-whitewashed/

Here is 25

all of them are fucking ugly/disgusting

>Cloud Atlas
>Actor from one part of the movie is considered to be "whitewashed" by his reincarnation in another part.

Fuck off shill.

>Not only is Sturgess portraying a character who is Korean, he’s doing it in prosthetics and yellowface.

Did you not read or are you too offended too.

Overwatch couldn't even portray a Indian. Thought of her as a Egyptian always.

>offended to read article by offended snowflakes

try again shill

Who is the brown qt in blue in the front?

Depends on if it matters or not. Change fictional Nick Fury from white to black? Not really an issue, character is fictional, from a modern time period, he could be black and it doesn't really matter. Change Lancelot black? Now things just don't really make sense. Sure Lancelot is also fictional, and people did move around more in medieval times than we expect, but you'd better believe there's a story behind how some probably moor wound up in England and in a position of high power, you can't just gloss over it.

Based on the eye marking its Pharah.

Demographics = destiny
You can't have a first world country with a third world population.

Literally couldn't care less about the other films but the whole race bending in Cloud Atlas is pretty central to the plot. Yes, Jim Sturgess plays a Korean guy. But Doona Bae plays a white woman and a mexican woman at two points. Halle Berry plays a (((white))) Jewish German woman.

Imagine growing up to a black peanuts gang. Black charlie brown. Just imagine... That is all

you tell me op

>Imagine black Charlie Brown
No need to imagine
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A

Man I used to watch that shit in middle school!

>Is changing the ethnicity of a character really that big of a deal?
No, that's why all characters from now on should be white.

Oh I'm laffin

Because things like James Bond are cultural icons.
And they're white cultural icons, a part of our own cultures.
You fucking plebs are so obvious to life
Keep on getting culturally subverted it ain't no big deal

Make a movie with a white guy as Shaft and I think you'll find out

Yes, because it means whoever was making it cared so much about a purely aesthetic quality that they changed it. If a writer/designer cares that much about a purely aesthetic quality instead of actual characterization then they can't be trusted to write a good character.

SCARJO AS THE MAJOR WAS BLASPHEMOUS

Nah, make MLK a mexican in the next movie. I'm sure it will create awareness and be very diverse.

>nignog mercy
DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

No, it makes no difference at all.

So long they don't have blonde hair or blue eyes it's fine.