Ippo 1173

>coughing blood

Is the old geezer gonna die before watching Ippo become world champion?

No stupid, he dies the night of.

>Ippo
>World Champion

>Kamomagawa-san I did it!
>I am the world champion!
>It was all thanks to you Kamogawa-san!
>Kamo...ga...wa....?!

I like this image. It's now my wallpaper.

You bastard...
Don't make me feel this feel.

>Nekota won't make it to be at Kamogawa's funeral either

why do they always have home games?

has takamura ever boxed away from home?

Fuck dude. I can't imagine what Takamura would do when the coach dies or Yagi

At the most difficult moment of the match, just when Kamogawa dies, Ippo feels a hit in the back by Kamogawa's spirit

>YAMATO DAMASHII KOSO

He'll keep on going, but he won't inherit the gym, that will be Ippo, to transmit the yamato damashii to the next generations.

The whole fucking past 20 chapters have been setting death flags of the old fuck

>20

I think you mean 600

just a few flags amongst others, like Ippo's brain or Takamura's eye

I can see it, I can see it.

Anyone else think his father might eventually show up? I mean he was lost at sea, so in anime world that means he has amnesia and is working on a beach somewhere.

He will se an image of his father proudly looking at him, then he will turn and walk away with Kamogawa's spirit.

His mother will see it too.

it's funny because it's true

I was glad he made a spread, was thinking in the earlier page that it was a waste to have it that small.

>1100+ chapters of a sports manga

That's the most intimidating manga series to start I've ever seen

just read 1 out of 10 chapters, whenever you go for this cycle increase the number of chapters skipped by one and soon enough you will have catched up having known all the important stuff of it.

>aoki wins his match
>kimura loses his

what are they going to do with him?

sports is serious business

don't read it
seriously, it's an impossible-to-justify waste of time
one month after you've read it, someone will be like "remember when x fought y", and you won't even remember who the fuck either of them are because sameface or samegimmick or just not-at-all-memorable fights in general
most of the contemporary discussion of this manga is either "lol remember that one technique Itagaki used in his 7th title defense in his second weight class? why hasn't he used it since" or "this manga is going fucking nowhere holy shit" - the latter of which is unimaginably justifiable

just run while you still can

Wew Lad

This desu. While it's super hype and intense in the moment. After reading this it will just start to fade. Plus, have fun trying to find people to talk about it with. I tried to recommend this to my friends and they said they will never even try it. They have banned me from even mentioning it because I "reference and talk about it too often"

Which is like once every 2-3 weeks when the chapters come out.

This is the funniest shit I've seen in years.

This. It's like the Pokemon anime; it is a futility.

It's still piss me off after all these years.

I hope they both die. They are fucking retarded.

>OH MY GOD! THE OPPONENT CAN USE HIS ARMS AND FEET?! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS?!!
>DON'T WORRY COACH! I'LL JUST BLOCK HIS PUNCHES WITH MY FACE FOR 11 ROUNDS AND THEN PROCEED TO WIN WITH ONE OF MY OVERPOWERED PUNCHES THAT GRAZE HIS CHIN!

Am I going to die before watching Ippo become world champion?

Ive been reading the last ongoing chapters for some times even though I barely read half of 1100 chapters and I hardly feel like I missed anything besides seeing Ippo losing his second fight.

Just read up to but not including Woli

Yep. Takamura would still need to reach Heavyweight and of course Ippo will have a rematch to regain his step into the world stage. That's at least 100 chapters right there.

Against the absolute violence guy

For me it was a wild ride and totally worth it, but I did it when there were like 750 or 800 chapters a few years back.

I remember seeing a commercial for Hajime no Ippo when I was on vacation in grorious Nippon. That was in 1999. They said it was an "old classic" even 18 years ago.

It's crazy how long Ippo has been running. Wouldn't recommend, however. It's great in the beginning, then the bullshit starts to pile up and you end up going nowhere.

don't forget about the fated fight against miyata

hey, at least we're spared all the bullshit development over itagaki, aoki and the rest now

well, remember when the kids were fucking hyped by that new super powerful console with awesome graphics? that was the super nintendo, and Ippo was already an established series back then, and it was the mid 90's

in Ippo's timeline, they're probably still in the middle of the PS1 era now