Why doesn't Miyazaki just write more manga? It's obviously his best medium

Why doesn't Miyazaki just write more manga? It's obviously his best medium.

Because he clearly excels in the anime medium.

this, op is just a contrarian faggot, miyazaki can't panel for shit.

You guys are objectively wrong.

I think it'd be a much better use of his time than declaring and un-declaring retirement.

I have always wondered this. Just consider how much better than the movie the Nausicaa manga is. Now imagine how great Laputa, Totoro or Mononoke manga would be.

It must be because he has a hard-on for animation.

Because he's lazy

Are you serious?

But so are many other mangaka who have the ability to take endless hiatus without financial worry.
That's not excuse!

He's a hack. It's well known in the industry.

His anime is shit.

Disney was able to get on board with it.

I would pay tons of money to get a Porco Rosso manga.

He does. The Wind Rises was a manga. Isn't he doing something with Samurai? There's a bunch of his older stuff translated too.

NOT enough

kill yourself.

He should just greenlight the next Nausicaa movie so Anno can get back to work.

>I have always wondered this. Just consider how much better than the movie the Nausicaa manga is. Now imagine how great Laputa, Totoro or Mononoke manga would be.
Part of what Nausica so great was that it was drawn of 12 years. Early parts got reexamined by an older Miyazaki and more a interesting story developed because of it. If he worked straight through it it wouldn't have been as interesting.

too busy drawing cp

stop that

The Nausicaa manga isn't better than the movie because it's a manga, it's better than the movie because the story is several times longer. and are right - all things being equal, Miyazaki's far more talented with anime as a medium.

Also,
> Now imagine how great Laputa, Totoro or Mononoke manga would be
He's made manga for all of those. No one cares about them.

Yeah pretty much