Why did this type of British accent go out of fashion?

Throughout the 90s and as recently as 10-15 years ago you could hear this British accent being spoken on tv continuity, weather reports and adverts. It's this debonair received pronunciation.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEnYsXbl94

Today this accent has vanished from. In its place have come other accents like estuary English, people who sound like low t cucks from Islington and pleb regional accents.

Would be nice for this classy accent to make a comeback for Brexit.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/pidgin
youtube.com/watch?v=_pDKgxHGdUc
youtube.com/watch?v=o3by0Uceuwg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Funnily, this used to be known as BBC English as it was a prerequisite to as an anchor on BBC TV or radio.

These days, you'll be lucky to find someone English on the BBC.

Limey accents sound queer.
Even the French think so.

My guess is it was the accent spoken in London and whites don't live there anymore.

That's because it's a nonce accent. Fuck off killing dialects, globalist prick.

How tf do you say arm without an r? I tried just there and it sounded like very very posh English, which is alright fair enough, but I can't imagine a scouser saying it.

This is British today: bbc.com/pidgin

Get used to it

ahm

Sounds cleaner

need to bring back the music though, reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=_pDKgxHGdUc

Same reason you don't hear American men speaking with that deep, masculine, monotone voice with clear diction they had in the 50s/60s. Today men and womens voices have equalized to the same tone.

Posh white British men aren't allowed to work at the BBC anymore.

You mean white men aren't allowed to work at the BBC anymore.

Sandniggers.

Fucking this. Whenever I'm forced to listen to a pop song on the radio I cannot tell if it's a man or a woman singing. Bari/bass singers have all but ceased to exist. Only high tenors screeching in autotuned falsetto are allowed to make singles.

I start listening to an Ed Sheeran song and it sounds fine, and then the chorus hits and he goes into this strained high-pitched whine, and I have to turn that shit off.

And of course they all try and sound Black or Jamaican. Articulation is dead.

No longer allowed, only Jamaican patwa now.

The only true BBC music there is..

This is what we expect from our feindsender!

This.

Damn your news is comfy as fuck, it has Paul Oakenfold playing in the background. Sounds all futuristic and soothing at the same time.

You imbiciles...it has to do with the audio technique. Until the 50s and 60s everybody in the radio spoke sort of like hitler, which is unusual for normal German.but it was the only way to understand anything over the noise. Audio quality was shit at best. You ever tried long wave radio?
Damn Burger knowledge of past tech

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGn1W6WP0Ys

Sorry forgot link

I hear Germany has best engineering in world, I hear Berlin Airport very good bulding

Never sell the anglos short.

Watch the utter decline in the state of music the past 2 decades, lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=o3by0Uceuwg

Berlin airport is our contribution to lessen the fear of Germans. It clearly states to the world...we are as incompetent as everybody else.

T. Berliner

God I hate my city/federal govt that did this to us with a verve