Could SHAFT be the next studio to develop respectable business practices?

Could SHAFT be the next studio to develop respectable business practices?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/03/25/this-week-in-anime-business/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably as big as Kyoani. But no where near Toei.

It's not like their animators are working that hard anyway.

>shaft shop

Looks like they're getting harder to die

Who cares about their practices if they only adapt otakubait.

Isnt shaft just a subsidiary of aniplex?

No.

I hope they are selling more interesting stuff and not the otaku heavy stuff like did it on the Shaft 40th events.

Like some high-res prints of several artworks.

They've adapted at least one normalfag series before.

>they are extremely pupular and well loaded to establish their own official shop.
>they are still pumping out gataris like theres no tomorrow
>still leave PMMM fans blueballed out of the fucking insultive cliffhanger that was rebellion.

hope they die, HARD!

I can't see Shaft dissociating themselves from Sony anytime soon. All their projects are connected to Sony. They're not like Kyoto where they had multiple sources like TBS or Kadokawa. Their only income source is the Sony lead committee contracts.

masterpieces take time

>make lots of seasons of a show
>get complaints about milking it
>take time while making new seasons of a show
>get complaints about blueballing
Literally can't win.

Who owns the copyright on Madoka? Shaft or Aniplex? What about earlier stuff like Hidamari?

>adapting
>creating a story
I wonder which is harder.

>Shaft

>Respectable bussiness practices

>Literally can't survive without milking Monogatari franchise.

Sure dude,sure.

Shaft is at their best when extremely poor.

And it's bringing them success and recognition. Also seems to be working for Trigger, Bones, etc.

Adapting isn't always easier. It's harder to adapt a story that's too complicated for you to understand than to create a new, shitty story.

do they have the money for that though

Aniplex

Probably wont happen

Here's the actual rank in terms of business superpower
1. Toei
2. Sunrise
3. IG Port

POWER GAP BILLIONS YEN

??. Another studios

Kyoani is able to have respectable business practices because they only make safe unoriginal pandering shows that are guaranteed to sell. Shaft used to be the cool one who was wacky and unique but now they've also settled into really safe stuff. They're just going to keep milking their current IPs without really making any new innovations. So it's likely they could become independent and improve their business practices.

That's not true,Maid Dragon sell poorly this season,but somehow Kyoani always can survive when their anime flopping,unlike other studio,i don't know how...

And shaft in other hand always keep milking those Gatari series..

Possibly trigger, they said they wanna be built like kyoani after all.

Who are you quoting with reddit-styled spacing?

Can someone translate the shop's website page?
The text is all in images so Google Translate doesn't fucking work

>reddit-styled spacing
What's that? Reddit has its own spacing style?

Use the google translator from your phone.

>but somehow Kyoani always can survive when their anime flopping,unlike other studio,i don't know how...
Because they always have at least a semi decent hit every couple of years that makes them enough money.
Not to mention them being independent helps a great deal, they keep a much larger cut of the profits than they ever did while making shows under Kadokawa.

Chuuni sold decently, Free! sold a fuckton across all the animated material and the merchandise, Tamako Love Story did decently, and Koe no Katachi raked in over 2.2 billion yen in box office alone.
So they've had profitable products to cushion against any shows that flopped pretty much all the time.

Other things just include their whole company structure, and how they've thought out long term company sustainability and growth.
No outsourcing of their animation work, an in-house school of sorts to have their animators faster, better and more consistent in their work, which helps bring costs down, not only in production time but how many people work per show/episode.
Purchasing their own property to have most of their stuff in-house, and their physical store etc.

It all adds up.
Say what you want about them but they're one of the only studios in the entire industry that seems to have any fucking sense in how to run a business well or efficiently.
So many other studios are just barely scraping by while working under publishers that exploit them for every yen they do make.

i wish kyoani got the rights to haruhi

Shaft still fucks up even when making safe series though, unless you consider monogatari their only "safe" series.

and they say P.A works can beat Kyoani,Heh.

No studio dies from one flop a year. KyoAni had Hibike and Koe no Katachi last year, and they're having three Free! movies this year. That's why they can afford Phantom World and Dragon Maid, and besides those two shows, their last (and only) real flop is munto.

is dragon maid really a flop? it's not a best seller that's for sure, but a flop?

Sup Forums said it was a flop so it must be true

i think its understated how successful tamako was. that shotengai the anime was based on was full of fans of the show for like a year, and they were selling show merchandise too. i bet kyoani made a shitton on merch.

Sup Forums thinks that anything that didn't top the stalker chart is a flop

It sold like 2.3k discs. I wouldn't agree that it's a flop (or at least it won't be by the time the BDs finish releasing) because by the time the first volume released it was at second place this season, despite being really low at the start. But if we go by the Manabi Line (which, yes, is arbitrary, but it's the only reference we have), then it did sell poorly. Still, I'm sure it will sell a lot of merchandise. The producers probably didn't lose money, but they probably didn't profit hugely.

It had government funding so it doesn't need to sell that much.

That was Koe no Katachi.

More like Production I.G is.

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/03/25/this-week-in-anime-business/

I can't believe no one has posted this yet.
To answer OP's question. No.

>megax

opinion discarded.

what opinion?

Are they going to challenge Gainax's stranglehold on the anime vegetable market