Why do people still believe in global warming after repeatedly record-cold winters over the past few years?

Why do people still believe in global warming after repeatedly record-cold winters over the past few years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares. Imagine how much money you could make converting algae to petroleum. You'd be pulling fuel out of the air.

What an original post concept you have here

>Why do people still believe in global warming
the problem is that people don't understand how volcanic activity affects climate change

have some dem dere pasta:
global warming/climate change is in large part a scam. it is an industry unto itself and they want worldwide "carbon taxes" on top of that. it is an insidious thing far beyond that even.

you won't understand wtf i'm talking about unless you look into these things for yourself. so, you can do that (takes effort)... or (more likely) you'll just write me/trump off as anti-science hillbillies or whatever. that's the easier option as you're being told to do that by those that follow that agenda.

did you know having ice cap is an anomaly? did you know that the earth has been ice cap free for ~90% of its existence? did you know by definition ice caps only exist during ice ages? did you know we are at the tail end of a CURRENT ice age now? did you know the caps extended as far down as missouri/kentucky just 20,000 years ago and have been receding ever since that peak? did you know the caps are going bye-bye even if every person on the planet disappeared 20,000 years ago?

THE OCEAN'S RELEASE *ALL ON ITS OWN* IS FAR LARGER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY *OUT ACCELERATING* MANS CONTRIBUTION

THE OCEAN IS RELEASING MORE DUE TO WARMER TEMPS (WARMER WATER = IT'S A FAR LESS EFFECTIVE C02 SINK)

IF HUMANS NEVER AROSE CO2 WOULD BE INCREASING AT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME RATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW

THIS HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY ICE AGE

STOP BEING SO FUCKING GULLIBLE AND LAZY

LOOK INTO THINGS FOR YOURSELF AND STOP TAKING WHAT THE MSM, EPA.GOV AND NASA.GOV ETC. TELL YOU AT FACE VALUE, YOU LAZY SHITS. IT IS ABOUT POWER AND CONTROL.

ICE AGES AND PERMANENT ICE *ARE AN ANOMALY*

BY DEFINITION AN "ICE AGE" IS WHEN THE EARTH HAS PERMANENT ICE SHELVES

WE HAD ICE A MILE THINK IN CINCINNATI JUST 20,000 YEARS AGO

THE PLANET IS WARMING AND THE CAPS ARE METLING

THAT MEANS = MORE CO2, SEA RISE AND WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES

WE CAN'T STOP OR ALTER IT, WE WILL ADAPT JUST FINE

STOP BEING SCARED INTO TAX SCHEMES AND GLOBALIST POWER PLAYS YOUR DUMBED DOWN ZOMBIES

What. About SUMMER temperatures?? We had the warmest summer in Commiefornia

Global warming is leading to a destabilized jet stream which is what's contributing to extreme cold weather events. It's oscillating and bringing arctic air masses further south and for longer than is normal. In the long term this won't be an issue since the arctic won't be as cold on average as it currently is, but in the short term this is why intelligent city people can recognize extreme cold weather events as being partially caused by climate change.

People are fools. They buy into theory and projections without any absolute proof. Being a liberal is a mental illness.

Because it is called global warming, not local warming. Also, weather is not climate.

haven't had a cold winter in ages in Florida. Or even a cold day. When I was a kid we always had a few days where we would have to wear winter coats in the morning, and long sleeves all day. I can't tell you the last time I wouldn't be hot with sleeves on by 11 AM

It's global warming, not NE USA warming.

I honestly don't know if these threads are bait or not.

It's not "global warming" or "global cooling" any more, user. It's now "climate change" to cover all of their bases.

Climate change, you fucking cretin. CLIMATE CHANGE.

'Golbal warming' is a misnomer, as climate change causes more extreme weather patterns. You can have cols winters but have global temperatures that are trending upwards.

Stay in school, kids.

my opinion is climate is not affected by man, it is affected by niggers and their radical deforestation, pollution and breeding.

The US is not the entire world.

Two myths in one post. Never change, Sup Forums. "Global cooling" was never a thing, just like the name change from "global warming" to "climate change".

can someone translate the picture for every non murican?

lmao apparently it's =31 where I am, what stupid fuck came up with that map?

why do people that are so wrong even post..
"Global cooling - Wikipedia
en wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
Global cooling was a conjecture during the 1970s of imminent cooling of the Earth's surface and atmosphere culminating in a period of extensive glaciation. This hypothesis had some support in the scientific community, and gained temporary popular attention due to a combination of a slight downward trend of temperatures ..."

Well, they call it Climate Change now. But it's the same bullshit they've been for decades.

You are completely wrong on both accounts. Stunning.

wait hold up, you dont actually interpret 'Global Warming' literally do you?

oh god, oh my hold god.

American education everyone, just learned how to read, but cant quite read between the lines yet.

The (((scientists))) realized they would lose credibility and therefore lose funding for research if they referred to it as warming. They decided to call it Climate Change, and the shekels kept rolling in.

Why do people that cannot read their own source even post...
>...that did not accurately reflect the full scope of the scientific climate literature, which showed a larger and faster-growing body of literature projecting future warming due to greenhouse gas emissions. The current scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth has not durably cooled, but underwent global warming throughout the 20th century.

>purple is probably kill zone

>texas, cold blue, 29 degrees
>it's barely freezing water
Fucking misleading map colouring, kys yourselves mutts

>Only 150 yrs of weather records
>knows whats going on with a planet thats billions of years old
Audacity

Yep, it's American education Ireland.

you didnt even post about it being the truth, and neither did i, now you are moving goal posts.
you said no one has ever said global cooling, its literally googlable you loser, and i showed you

Come on.
>It's not "global cooling" any more
This clearly perpetuates the popular myth among climate science deniers that scientists once claimed there would be a global cooling, as if this is comparable to the consensus about global warming. Global cooling was a fringe hypothesis that is blown out of proportion to discredit science. My point is that global cooling was far from being an established scientific fact, but global warming is.

Also, the name change to "climate change" is still a myth.