WSJ Manga

Which series from WSJ do you still follow genuinely?

For me it's The Promised Neverland, One Piece and Dr. Stone in that order. None of the other series interest me anymore which is a shame, because stuff like Boku no Hero or Hungry Marie could have been really good, but are plain boring.

None. I lost almost all interest in weekly shounen long ago.

Ghost tits and We Can't Study.

genuine interest and enjoyment tier
> Promised Neverland

cruise control tier
> OP
> BnHA

he's still alive, right .... ? tier
> WT

tentative trial tier
> We Can't Study
> potentially Bort, after movie recap ends

Only reading Academia and Neverland right now.

Promised neverland
One Piece
Boku
Soma

Neverland attracting the same retards who unironically thought Death Note was a masterpiece

Cry more

if I didn't have at least some sense of shame about things I enjoyed, I wouldn't have go to malaysian puppetry BBSs to discuss them.

Neverland, Soma, Yaiba and Yuuna.

I also read BNHA but I'm not that interested in it anymore. And waiting to see how the new series goes to even get invested in them.

Kimetsu, Neverland, Yuuna and Saiki.

You sure showed me user, go you.

Please kill yourself

Good to see you're not denying it at least

>not reading everything

Shokugeki is the only one that I'm not enjoying

That's nice and all, but some of us have taste.

Keep crying

>some of us have taste.
>Death Note Jr. everywhere

Only HxH when it has 10 or so chapter every two years

Ok.

Before you, user.

I follow OP, HxH, Gintama, Hq, Soma, Saiki, Hinomaru, Hero, Kimetsu, Neverland, Boruto

and from the new series I'll follow Dr Stone and RxL if they survive

as I'm typing this I noticed how many WSJ titles I'm following compared to their rivals
From Magazine: NnT, Ippo, Immortal
From Sunday: Conan, Magi, Ryoko, Birdmen, Saike, Dagashi
From Champion: Yowapeda

>some of us

>Before you

Saiki Kusuo
World Trigger
Kimetsu no Yaiba

>being this insecure
Sad!

Not him, but how does shitting on people's tastes make you insecure?

One Piece.

During the heyday of the Trinity, I was super into lots of anime and lots of manga. I eventually whittled it down to just manga. I now only watch the One Piece and JoJo anime to see how bad they fuck things up.

Now, I only read One Piece, JoJo (but I don't mind waiting for it), Hunter x Hunter (which is never) and Berserk (which is also never). Once a year or two, I'll go back to a series I abandoned and try to finish it. Like I never finished Reborn or Hellsing or Trigun or Soul Eater...I just didn't give a shit. Or I'll check up on series that seemingly stopped updating, like Ichigo Mashimaro.

I tried getting into My Hero Academia, but after like 70 chapters, I just didn't really find it interesting anymore. It's hard to explain. In most battle shounen, there's this feeling early on that there's this huge, unexplored world of magic and monsters and organizations... I don't get that at all with MHA. The main character is mentored by the strongest person in the world and joins the most prestigious school and makes it into the best class. There's a villainous organization, but it's like...still being thrown together. It feels like the heroes are the standard and are occasionally threatened, but ultimately they live in - compared to other battle shounen - a pretty coddled and structured world. I don't feel like they can "go up." They were born at the top. This is sort of true for their abilities, as well. I don't really see their powers "growing."

> I was super into lots of anime and lots of manga
>now the only things I watch/read are entry-level stuff with popular anime
I doubt you were ever actually "super into lots" of anime/manga.

HxH

When you compare two series with each other that have almost nothing in common for the sake of shitposting.

BNHA, Neverland, Kimetsu

I follow BC as a hate-read

>Nothing n common
>Kekaiku's Kekaiku's everywhere

And the mangaka has already stated that Ohba was a major influence for his writing

>meme's meme's everywhere

>something that has any sort of plans must be death note
Are you retarded?

>And the mangaka has already stated that Ohba was a major influence for his writing
No he didn't.

Didn't even say that

Yes he did.

>Weak characterization
>Chapters are nothing but word bubbles
>Asspulls

It fits like a glove!

>Didn't even say that
>Kekaiku's Kekaiku's everywhere
Then you clearly don't know how to express yourself.

>Yes he did.
No, he didn't.

>Weak characterization
You clearly didn't read it. There are whole chapters only about characterization.

>Chapters are nothing but word bubbles
Having a good amount of dialog when you're not a battle shounen, makes sense too me.

>asspulls
Name one.

Yes please post pages of Norman again like you always do

Literally what

So you were just talking out your ass

Yes he did

>So you were just talking out your ass
What else did you mean then, retard?

>Yes he did
Post the Source or fuck off.

The characterization in the series really is shit. There's barely any personality at all.

>There are whole chapters only about characterization.
You clearly didn't read it
>makes sense too me.
So its exactly like Death Note
>Name one.
Ray having access to fire bombs and matches the entire time.

(You)

>>Weak characterization
This is more or less every series in WSJ, though.

>You clearly didn't read it
>no u
OK

>So its exactly like Death Note
So only Death Note is a non-battle shounen with a normal amount of text? Interesting.

>Ray having access to fire bombs and matches the entire time.
He has no fire bombs though. And matches are completely normal in a household.

>inb4 molotov cocktail
Look up how they are made, retard. It's not hard at all.

>I can't come up with a counterargument so I'll just post a meme instead

>ALL THIS REACHING

Fucking kek

I get what you mean with BnH. It sounds like you're just jonesing for a solid battle manga. Have you tried Kengan Asura, or Nanatsu no Taizai?

Nope

>I literally have nothing backing my argument, but will shitpost nonetheless

?
He has no firebombs, and Death Note is not the only non-battle shounen series.

Lurk more newfriend

Take your own advise instead, you nonsense liar.

I am following
BNHA, Souma, BC, KNY, Promised neverland, saiki and all of the translated jump start series.
I am not really invested in any of them, but if I had to say which ones I look forward to read the most it is BNHA, promised neverlands and KNY.
I would follow saiki every week too if it was weekly.

One Piece is the only one I actually look forward to every week.

Boku no Hero and Soma are both just out of obligation. Neither have actually excited me for a while, now.

And I guess I'm waiting on Gintama to finish so I can catch up, I stopped reading around chapter 500 or so. It was one of my favorites, but the constant endgame boss rush started to feel like a slog, and I didn't want to ruin my appreciation of the series by forcing myself to read it.

I dropped Haikyuu a while ago because I caught up and it was slow as hell weekly, but I just forgot to get back into it once some amount of chapters had passed. I didn't dislike it or anything.

>it's the neverland shitposter
Wew.

Why does every Jump thread is so shit?

It's always the same guy hating on Neverland, BnHA or World Trigger depending on how he feels that day.

op, stone, yaiba, yuna, zumou, neverland, we never learn (yes I like it fuck you),

That's like asking why Naruto threads are shit.

I enjoy reading:
Soma, Boku no Hero, One Piece, Yuragi san, Neverlands, Boruto and I just read Blak Clover just to catch up to the series and see what's the big deal about it and I fairly enjoy some of it.

Hero Academia
One Piece
Neverland
Soma

So basically the same equivalent of your argument

Your words not mine

>all dis excuses
Here's another (you)

HeroAca
Neverland but I hate how NiggaStream takes their sweet fucking time with it because no one else was translating it. Thankfully it seems another group is picking it up.
Kimetsu no Yaiba but it's a little difficult to keep up with when there's no dedicated group behind it that I can follow.

I read Black Clover with zero genuine interest, Dr. Stone is pretty fun so far, and I'm not getting on We Can't Study's wild ride fuck you Diet Komi don't make me eat the watermelon.

>posting a shit piece pic
opinion discarded

If you don't quote the phrases you reply too, no one will understand your shitpost.

I mean, there was lots of shit I was interested in, and when those things I ended, I guess I struggled to get into more stuff. I watched Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gantz, GetBackers, Berserk, Record of Lodoss War, Haruhi S1, Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, Ichigo Mashimaro, Soul Eater, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Rozen Maiden, Dragon Ball, Conan, Outlaw Star, PSG, NGE, TTGL, K-On!, DNA2, FLCL, Elfen Lied, JJBA, Reborn, DGM, Death Note, 666 Satan. As for manga, I've read most of those things, as well as MHA, Hellsing, Claymore, Vinland Saga, Monster, Psyren, lots of one-shots. I also read the first four or five Haruhi novels. I'm forgetting stuff, too, but if I forgot it, I probably didn't care about it.

I'm not a fan of patrician series like you, I'm sure. Maybe my lack of new interests can be filled by whatever top tier tastes you have, user. Enlighten me.

No. Ever since I got a job, I've been really demotivated to get into anything new.

>NiggaStream takes their sweet fucking time with it
>literally a chapter every week
>sweet fucking time
Have you tried following something that isn't from WSJ?

Kimetsu is on every manga site, how is it hard to keep up with it?
Do you only know Mangastream?

>One Piece
>Haikyuu
>Hinomaru
>Shokugeki
>BnHA
>Neverland

>like ~30 anime and ~40 manga
He's right, that's not a lot by any standard, that's not even enough to be posting on Sup Forums, fuck off.
Also, 666 Satan doesn't have an anime, so I'm not sure what you're thinking of.

Lurk more, watch/read 200 anime/manga, and then come back.

>The main character is mentored by the strongest person in the world
All Might is weak as fuck and as it turns out isn't a good mentor at all.
>and joins the most prestigious school and makes it into the best class.
Is this your first shounen? Also his class isn't the best at all.
>There's a villainous organization, but it's like...still being thrown together.
Its literally shown to being an establishment the same chapter USJ gets attacked
>I don't feel like they can "go up." They were born at the top.
Yeah you're an idiot
And you're just as stupid as him

>We Can't Study's wild ride fuck you Diet Komi don't make me eat the watermelon.
Don't remind me, Nisekoi to this day is the only series I genuinly dropped.
Usually when I drop something I just kinda stop reading it by putting it off thinking I will read it later but never do or just straight up forget about it, but nisekoi it somehow managed to make me comeback everyweek eventhough I didn't enjoy reading it in the slightest.
It wasn't untill I saw the otter meme and saw how fucking accurate it was that I just thought by myself that I needed to stop reading it.
I still browsed the chapter thread everyweek.
I don't what kind of dark magic komi used, but it worked.

>One Piece
Both the art and writing has gotten too clusterfucky but it's still great
>Gintama
I'm enjoying the end and will miss it alot
>BnHA
I've realised I don't like this when it's about Deku, One for All, etc. I like the extended cast and their shenanigans
>Souma
I read this out of habit now. In retrospect the cooking battles were always going to get repetitive and tedious
>Promised Neverland
I hope it slows down and develops characters, still a bit rough round the edges but it's different and the art is really nice
>Dr. Stone
It's as if some editor really liked TPN and decided to try the same thing. I'm not entirely sure where it's going yet but I'll keep reading. In any case it's nice to have some plot-driven Jump mangas
>Hunter x Hunter
Fuck you Togashit hurry up
>Haikyuu
I watch the anime, never bothered with the manga

I follow a ton of different shit that isn't WSJ, why can't I complain about how almost every other WSJ series comes out on Thursday/Friday and Neverland comes out on Sunday/Monday? Don't even know what you're trying to get at.

I read Kimetsu from the threads on Sup Forums or batoto, but like I said, I wish whoever was doing the translations on Sup Forums just made a webpage I could follow them directly.

>I've realised I don't like this when it's about Deku, One for All, etc.
God you're a faggot

Because a 3-day wait from raws (with still only a week between chapters) is very speedy service.

Expectation in terms of speed for WSJ series are different from almost every other series.

because only 5 or 6 from the 20 so series in jump get translated before the actual raws come out hell 5 of those get translated rarely or at all.

It'd be quicker to list what i'm not following
>Isobee
>Black Clover
>U19
>Poro

Sorry, I have interests other than Japanese comic books. I didn't list series I dropped before the halfway point. Also, I meant to put 666 Satan in the other list. It was terrible, so who cares?

Sure. Just give me that recommendation list, sempai. I'm sure you can name 200 better than One Piece and Monster.

>All Might is weak
He's #1 in the world, user. Him getting weaker over time or the author pulling stronger characters out of his ass changes nothing.
>his class isn't the best
Did you not watch the school festival? The other classes were incredibly jealous/envious of theirs, and when they competed, Deku's class was like 80% of the kids who made it through each phase. Also, if it were my first shounen, I'd more forgiving of it. I've gotten tired of this shit. If I read Naruto now, I wouldn't make it through the Chuunin Exam. Horikoshi should learn from his idols instead of just imitating them.
>being an establishment
Some emo kid and his boyfriend sitting in a bar taking orders from a disembodied voice. Wow, how interesting...
>people who disagree with me are idiots
kek

Where is Hungry Marie chapter 5?

OP
BNHA
WT
Kimetsu
Black Clover

>Sorry, I have interests other than Japanese comic books.
Fuck off.

Dr. Stone
Promise Neverland

No you

>He's #1 in the world, user.
He's the #1 in Japan also he's not anymore but you would realize this if you actually continued reading.
> The other classes were incredibly jealous/envious of theirs
Because they were at a center of the villain attack you fucking idiot. Did you speed read through this? That's the whole point of the "rivalry" between them and Class 1-B is that its incredibly one-sided between Neito and them while the rest don't really care.
>emo kid
Yeah what a convincing retort. I'm sure your opinion on this manga is worth shit

>people who disagree with me are idiots
You're doing a good job convincing us otherwise.

>having a miniscule powerlevel
>making excuses for it
>give me recs!
>senpai
>kek
Get out and don't come back, nigger.

Another shit WSJ thread, fucking BC fags and retarded shitposters like grapefagautist strike again. Finish yourselves.

Currently following OP, BnHA and PN
I think OP has been pretty solid in the past few months and BnHA has been picking itself un after a few meh arcs
PN is still pretty young, the last two chapters have been a bit too edgy I think, but it's still enjoyable

>in Japan
Maybe my scanlations were bad.
>you would realize this if you actually continued reading.
Okay. That doesn't change anything.
>Because they were at a center of the villain attack
That's true for 1-B, it's not true for all the kids who got stuck in the general classes or whatever, like the zombie kid. Also, if I think something in a story is stupid, you can't just say, "It's explained by this thing in the story!" If I shit in your cereal and said, "I had nowhere else to go," are you going to still eat your cereal?
>Yeah what a convincing retort.
He's a scrawny, edgy, spoiled brat with a broken ability who could've killed the main character already, but didn't 'cause plot. He's lame. I was really hoping he'd get taken out when he debuted. The fact he stuck around and people were coming to HIM was really disappointing.
>You're doing a good job convincing us otherwise.
I don't recall that being the purpose of my post or this thread. You're free to like whatever you want, kid.

OP
HxH
Neverland
Soma
Gintama
BnHA but I don't really like it and skip chapters from time to time

I'll give Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie a few more chapters before I check them out.

I've probably been here longer than you. How does that make you feel?

Got that god tier taste list ready for me, yet?

>Okay. That doesn't change anything.
Changes a lot actually. And good job ignoring the fact that he is a piss poor mentor regardless
>That's true for 1-B, it's not true for all the kids who got stuck in the general classes or whatever, like the zombie kid
His beef was that he was put in a class for non-combatant heroes when he wanted one for combatant ones which had nothing to do with Class 1-A either

> Also, if I think something in a story is stupid, you can't just say, "It's explained by this thing in the story!" If I shit in your cereal and said, "I had nowhere else to go," are you going to still eat
No if you say its stupid at least provide a valid reason as to why its stupid which is what you have not done, me pointing out what's in the manga is just pointing out that you're a retard who speed through most of it making your complaints pretty moot.
>He's lame
Nice hot opinions though I feel like I'll be wasting my breath going over otherwise since you've already made your decision.
>I don't recall that being the purpose of my post or this thread.
If you didn't care then why bother posting to begin with? Really defeats the whole purpose.

One Piece, Black Clover, Hero and Neverland. I sometimes read others.

one piece
hajime no ippo
one punch man
hunter x hunter