Sup Forums, what race were the romans?

Sup Forums, what race were the romans?

They were Roman.
I mean, WTF? They're extinct now. Gave citizenship to everyone and let the Barbarians in.

FPBP and will be the only correct answer. Italy has been so mulitcultural throughout history that the original roman genes have been muttified.

They were never a race.

Next question.

The Roman Republic is a case that shows sometimes Strong men create good times, good times creates weak men, and weak men destroy the race and there are no strong men in bad times.
Created the dark ages.

Correct, however it can be argued the Romans were also faced with some unprecedented circumstances; the empire was so large and bureaucracy heavy that it had to partition itself in order to bear its own weight, that it was facing a foe that historically it hadn't had great success against, and that its military was at its least enthusiastic and battle ready ever.

The sentiment of what you stated can apply but as with all things it is always much more complicated.

Absolutely 100% not -white, ergo it's a completely irrelevant question.

Where is Rome you mong ?
In fucking Italy

Why do southern italians look somewhat arab and northern italians look somewhat germanic?

Roman.
They don't exist anymore.

Rome is "white" because the European races who would eventually come to be considered "white" became properly civilized, in the modern Western sense, after assimilating Roman culture and tradition into their own Dark Age tribal bands.

>italy as a region existing before Rome
le angry frog meme

This Roman youth thought it was cool to put rancid butter in their hair and reject the old gods bc it was cool. They wanted to be like Burgundian rockstars, but where killed in the end.

Romanmutts. Basically the america of then

black

Everyone they conquered was considered a subject of Rome. So technically, the "Romans" were pan-ethnic. If we're talking about the elite, then I guess the modern day term would be "Mediterranean".

I see you've played this game before.

RULE BRIKEKNISTAN!
BRIKEKNISTAN RULE THE WAVES!

they were 100% meds stay mad you dirty nordcucks and anglos :^)

fucking nigger auto-correct
I meant briKEKnistan

cuck

KEK

Roman was a nationality. It was a multiracial state with a inclusive culture. If they conquered you they’d just add your gods to their pantheon.

cuck in caps is KEK

What was the policy called in Rome where anyone could become a citizen of Rome? It was similar to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965

It wasn't always that way. Conquered states used to be treated as foreigners and second class citizens. It wasn't until later they adopted their own version of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 - the original one.

Are you serious? The romans were Greek, Eastern Greeks that were exiled from Troy

The Greeks of today would look similar to ancient Romans, they would have been somewhat mixed with northern Greeks ie Macedonians and various Persian tribes

They got jewed are now a mongrl either half germanic or half sandnigger race.

I was thinking later empire. Early on they were conquering people with similar religions.

No early on they fought the carthaginians who had their own gods of the desert and then they fought the Persians who had their own religion that was wiped out by Islam

I haven't met a single Greek with lighter skin than a mexican. They have been TURKED.

when you coming over

Nah the Ancient Romans didn't look like Albanian mutts faggot.

We wuz gentlemen and sheeit MUH DICK

Like Modern Italians more or less it you mean the Latins. The claims of them being "mixed up" are for the most part exaggerated. Pic-related, a Roman. Looks like some Sicilian guy today.

Lol that Troy shit was their own tradition about themselves but it's not true.

It was like that in antiquity too. Northern Romans looked whiter and southerners looked swarthier.

Is it a coincidence it is called the BBC? Or is the longest psyop in modern history?

Meds, Outside of Sicily their genes werent altered by shitskins, the northern euros bred with nord and if anything bleached themselves some more.

Greeks have always been that way.

Some are quite brown but look at Bulgarians and Serbians and Croatians etc

Macedonian Greeks were famous for being red haired

Modern day venetians are the closest to the Romans we have today.

It’s been proven Troy existed and the people’s who left from there settled in Italy and feed different than the northern Italiac people and the southern Sicilian peoples....

Roman :^)

cringe

White. Everybody in the ancient Mediterranean and Middle East was (as was India's elite) until the Arabs came along and mixed with Middle Eastern whites.

They weren't white, they were proto-Indo European.

The Romans looked the same as modern-day Italians.

If you went back back in time and called Julius Caesar "Germanic" to his face, he'd probably have you crucified.

disinfo fag

Italians don't have enough mixture for it to have affected their appearance significantly. They've always looked that way.

A far as so-called bleaching:

>Molecular anthropology found no evidence of significant Northern geneflow into the Italian peninsula over the last 1500 years.

>The genetic history of the Italians is greatly influenced by geography and history. The ancestors of Italians are identified as Italic peoples (of which the most notable are the Latins/Romans but also Umbrians, Sabines and others) and it is generally agreed that the invasions that followed for centuries the Fall of the Roman Empire did not significantly alter their gene pool because of the relatively small number of Germanic or other migrants compared to the large population of what constituted Roman Italy.[1]

Medditerenean?

>X ancient people looked just like Y modern population

the Romans themselves noted the demographic changes in their society. They wrote extensively you know.

Everytime I read (((Dark Ages))) I cringe really hard.

>1500 years
that's ~500 AD dummy

why?

I think the race swapping it's real, in his case at least.

He believe they were moor jews and even black emperors, but in Caesar times they were more multicultural, cause the concept of empire was kind of new, they didn't had cultural uniformity yet.

Lost tanned Celtic tribe

If anything, their society became more Germanic due to barbarian invasions.

Genetics doesn't show anything enough to fundamentally change their genome or appearance.

White, ffs, they were White.

Stop this inane bullshit.

Al Capone's big nigger lips prove otherwise

citation? Your sceencap is specifically about non-caucasoid admixture in Italians, which was never really a point in contention and so irrelevant.

We shouldn't be surprised that large groups of Europeans are similar to one another, especially when you're lumping all Italians together regardless of region. You know how averages are.

It's much harder to meaningfully talk about the actual differences between Latins, Etruscans, and Illyrians for example.

You mean like the one here

Originally italic medoid, They conquered celts Etruscans, and the Greeks in southern Italy and assimilated them into roman culture.

Lex Pompeus

/thread

honestly, if modern italians didn't look like romans then that means there had to be some huge migration like what happened when the turks replaced the greeks in Anatolia. recorded history shows there really hasn't been. just a few barbarian tribes that sacked rome and hardly had an effect on the population.

if anything that proves romans were actually darker, since modern italians would have been formed from past romans + barbarian invaders.

Part Western European, Part Southeast Caucasian.

Etruscans were celts? I always considered them, samites, and romans to be all latin and thus italian.

>there had to be some huge migration
or you know the conquest, enslavement/redistribution, and assimilation of every culture in Iberia, Gaul, Greece, and North Africa.

that could play some role

Etruscans were neither. They were indigenous South Europeans.

They wuz nordics n sheeeit

>I always considered them, samites, and romans to be all latin and thus italian.
damn you're stupid

Italics were related to Celt's but with more mediterranean and near eastern genetics, Celtic and Italic tongues split off many thousands of years with the Italic languages being strongly influenced by Etruscan and later Greek.

Etruscans didn't speak an Indo-European language.

I know they spoke an isolate language possibly related to Kartvelian languages.

Though their language was more likely to be related to Northeast Caucasian languages who both had haplogroup J. I believe they migrated to the Italian peninsula some time after the Ice age.

>some time after the Ice age
that would be the time to do it I suppose

Really Italians are what people call Churka. They are literally Caucasian.

You really think it's that far fetched that they were "mixed up"? Just look at what America is turning into and what Mexico is. Only takes a few generations to turn the population into a bunch of mutts. And Rome was around for a long time.

Not black therefore good