I hate myself. But, maybe, maybe I could love myself. Maybe, my life can have a greater value.

>I hate myself. But, maybe, maybe I could love myself. Maybe, my life can have a greater value.
how is that deep??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHq68t2kgwM
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLCyIdT3DoGNIvc7maKc7C7BO0QgUtPiNE&v=l2CktQ5EGVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Congratulations

>vlcsnap
>.png
Get out.

Congratulations!

Evangelion is fake deep.
Only fans want to insert fake meaning to it when it's message is pretty simple. Anno himself admits he's a hack.

it's 2deep4u, but not for me

I blame Shinji for all these weak willed manchild anime mcs. I'm not looking for a manly man that doens't show emotion but fucking Shinji is goddamn pathetic. Even Tidus from FFX is a better main character and he's not even from an anime. I fucking hate Shinji. The only reason he's popular is because their pathetic virgin otaku scum latch onto him thinking they can fuck Rei and Asuka through him.

Or maybe because he's relatable and an accurate portrayal of depression and self loathing.

Fucking, have you seen Gundam?

I don't think evangelion was ever supposed to be that deep. I think it wanted to he emotionally resonant but was always pretty straightforward. It's just the anime elitists who tried to say it was deep

>Fucking,

this song will forever give me feels though youtube.com/watch?v=ZHq68t2kgwM

people who have never been truly depressed and lost all faith in themselves cant really understand. which is good. keep living.

it's not deep, it's just a moral. Lots of stories have morals without being deep.
A big part of the postmodern movement in art was about how everyone sees art differently. A result of that is a lot of art after the postmodern movement invokes a lot more subjectivity, keeping things vaguer and more up to interpretation. So yes, it is "fake deep," in a very intentional way.

also you cant understand it without knowing about anno and his self perception. he was heavily depressed for years. evangelion is largely self reflection. maybe its popularity in japan had to do with the east asian economic crisis as well. but i dont really know about that.

What's wrong with .png? It's better than .jpeg

I'm pretty sure Sup Forums is dead

How do you mean?

>704x482
Are you watching the DVDs when the BDs are out?

7 years ago if you tried to post the image you would have just got a bunch of angry replies telling you to fuck off.
png is inefficient for screencaps. vlc is horrible

Ohh. I use VLC too.

Can anyone link me to that sad sounding piano song that plays from time to time?

Its not

Fucking Kamille

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLCyIdT3DoGNIvc7maKc7C7BO0QgUtPiNE&v=l2CktQ5EGVs

This one?

it's first world deppression, no one from a poor country would seriously relate to that, evangelion is a show about the deppression of people who have everything given to them

we all have first world depression in a sense

not really, no

I hate nigerian fuckers like you

Sup Forums was shit back then if they care about stupid shit like that.

You're the problem. Enjoy neo-Sup Forums

It's possible to have everything you could want materially, and to never directly suffer any of the bad parts of the first world, and to even be fortunate and successful, and still be depressed.
The fact that you're in the first world and depressed adds to the self loathing.
People who suffer first world depression are attuned to the emptiness that comes with our societies.

i'm not saying you can't have depression in the first world, it's just that neither the second of third world can relate, and probably would find evangelion trivial, and only like it for the fights

This. People have needs other than money, food, etc. If you don't have them fulfilled in some way, it doesn't matter how opulent your society is.

Then it's mutual. I can't relate to their struggles either.

>I share a board with vlcfags

I think this is the most stupid comment I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

the movie wolf children, is how people from first world see people from the third, and how i met your mother is how people from the third see the first world, that is to say, in my impression, america has at least pretend to try to understand the rest of the third world, where people from places like russia, or brazil, just don't care about the first

If they don't give a fuck about us to begin with (and that's fine with me) then what is the problem with us creating media that addresses our own problems?

because no one else makes good tv, and how am i gonna pad the time till my death?