ITT: shows retroactively ruined by their final episode

I'll start with a recent one

KIKU

CAME

IN

KONATSU

I wouldn't say ruined but it certainly left me with a strange feeling.

This needs to be the first reply to every Rakugo thread from now on.

A feeling of disgust

user is on the ball today

Boku dake ga inai machi

A feeling of anger, of disgust, of shame, of disappointment.

Come on the last thread was exhausting enough, I want to go to bed. At least wait a couple of hours then I can tell people again why the ending was fucking stupid.

I get the feeling that the only people who are butthurt about this are people who didn't pick up on the fact that Kiku might have been the dad. It's been gnawing away at the back of the mind, so the reveal didn't come as a shocker or radically change things for me. It just confirmed a suspicion that I had cast aside due to the explicit mention of the Yakuza boss being the dad.

Kiku literally got away with everything.

I know what you mean

>miyokichi was a slut
>sukeroku was a slut
>kiku was slut
>konatsu was slut

shin is gonna be the biggest bisexual slut nipland has ever seen.

He's definitely fucking his sister.

The anime just got better with the ending

>tfw I don't mind and would actually say this made the ending more interesting for me
How do you imagine the sex was even initiated?

Konatsu definitely.

That was ruined before the final episode.

>bisexual
Nah, he's gonna be an alpha hetero and fuck young bitches just like his father

>Lol, just kidding, he didn't peacefully retire to train his daughter, he got demoted to a second string hero that fails to catch mundane purse snatchers.

Literally everybody was privy to the idea that Kiku could have been the dad because of the gang boss scene. The problem is the confirmation was thrown in at the very final moments of the show with no explanation or development.

He's gonna be bi like his father.

ITT: "Wah, character didn't do what I would do. What an idiot!"

You niggas are overreacting. Konatsu always had a hateboner for Kiku, she resembled Miyokichi, and it makes more sense for her to go with Kiku than the Yakusa boss.
I don't like parent-son incest, but the ending was fine. They never had a father-daughter relationship in the first place. Also, wouldn't you go with Kiku knowing you have Sukeroku genes? You would make a super Rakugo baby.

Matsuda was actually the dad.

I had already considered it and come to the conclusion that no, the mangaka couldn't possibly be stupid to turn Kiku into someone so unpleasant and unlikable at the very last second. But she did, guess it was my bad for giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I always thought Kiku was gay. Really didn't expect that ending

>giving a fujoshit the benefit of the doubt
This was your first mistake

>I always thought Kiku was gay
He was bi if anything.

>this twist left me with no negative feelings at all which in turn made me realize Sup Forums was right all along about women being fucked in the head

>kiku
>turn unpleasant and unlikable

They've been sleeping with each other since Konatsu was a child. The tension between them ever since she killed her parents was actually sexual tension.

Shin is the last bastion of purity in this shitshow and he will remain that way forever now that the series is over. I can't believe we all called him a slut.

Almost definitely form Konatsu's side. What bugs me is that, considering Shin's young age, they couldn't have broken things off very long before she first met Yotaro. If this was a recent thing, then that puts everything in a new light.

I feel like I've got a bunch of questions I want answered about this relationship.

>Being shocked makes you a newfag
wow you're such big boys for pretending to not be suprised

Its not about the fact that people can't handle the implications, its rather that it was handled badly since it changed soooo much about the show in an off-hand statement, and the disconnect between the viewers shock and the show just passing it off as relatively insignificant makes it especially jarring. It made sense, but it was handled poorly and made the show end on a weird note.

That said, OP is still a fag for trying to sensationalize this into "le epic trainwreck", its a single blemish on a fantastic show.

He's a sister-fucker, he's already tainted.

>Shin is the last bastion of purity in this shitshow and he will remain that way forever now that the series is over.
He's going to mess around with some many guys and girls, it's not even funny.

>I feel like I've got a bunch of questions I want answered about this relationship.
They didn't talk about it. That's how they dealt with it.

Maybe they were still sleeping with each other after she got married to Yota.

He went from being 10/10, flawed but in a way that makes him more sympathetic and interesting, to, maybe, 3/10 at best. Fucking the kid he raised is almost unforgivable for me but it's not like the mangaka tried to redeem him in the first place.

So I haven't seen this but from what I gathered, some dude fucked his bff's daughter. Is that what the commotion is all about?

Aren't people tired of shitposting the same thing for 3 days nonstop

He also adopted the daughter. Shit got usagi dropped.

So he pulled a Woody Allen?

ITT a thread full of moralfags

I can't comprehend how some people feel personally affronted by that one detail

He impregnated the daughter of his girlfriend and gay lover, and then didn't raise the kid.

>Aren't people tired of shitposting the same thing for 3 days nonstop

Honestly? I understand what you mean but this is Sup Forums and KIKU CAME IN KONATSU

So much shitposting and falsefalgging

You are mistaken in thinking the outrage is about the fact that incest exists, the outrage is about this being a shitty twist severly damaging a good show by retroactively colouring everything in a sexual light and seriously undermining the characters' believablity.

I don't get it. What even proved that Kiku was Shin's father? This is as retarded as /u/fags and fujos reaching for "evidence" that their gay ship is canon.

Actually yes that's pretty much it

>What even proved that Kiku was Shin's father?
He's the spitting image of kiku

The final part of it was great, gay as fuck.

>rewatching episode 13
>revisiting all that dialogue with our current knowledge
>Kiku probably struggling to not be smug when Matsuda says he wants to find the deadbeat dad and shake him
Holy shit

You sound like one of those hetfags who denied the yuri in Izetta.

I wonder if they started fucking when she was still a teenager.

>You are mistaken in thinking the outrage is about the fact that incest exists

I get people criticizing the reveal because of the narrative but there are also people like this guy

user, did you even watch the episode?

>Kiku probably struggling to not be smug

This.

Even this user I suspect would be sympathetic to the plot point if it was actually given time to develop so we could see how it affected Kiku and how he learned from this to grow as a character instead of being thrust on the viewer at the very end.

Nah, definitely after the double suicide story.

I'd really like to hear about more than one show retroactively ruined by its final episode.

There's a market for it, is all I'm saying.

Carry on.

>old dude was in love with both firecrotch's mom and dad
>mom was a crazy slut who tried to kill herself and somehow stabbed dad instead in the process
>firecrotch sees this and is convinced old guy killed them
>old guy raises her anyway and she grows up resenting him
>back in present time firecrotch says she's pregnant and won't say who the dad is
>a few characters think it's the local yakuza boss
>MC volunteers to marry firecrotch
>firecrotch and old guy have a tear inducing scene where they finally reconcile their relationship as a father/daughter-ish pair just before old guy dies
>20 year timeskip later it's revealed the baby daddy was the old guy who she apparently hatefucked at some point

I never tried to claim my moralfaggotry has anything to do with the writing (which is also garbage), but there's nothing wrong with it. We're allowed to have morals when it comes to whether or not we like a character. People regarded Kiku with a lot of love and affection throughout the series even with his flaws, but it's very hard to love him now. I can't respect a guy like that and I shouldn't be expected to.

I didn't watch this show. I don't know if I ever will watch it, but spoilers don't bother me. I clicked this thread by accident and now I just want to know what we're all so mad about here. Can someone just give me the tl;dw of this twist?

>"Do you prefer cowgirl or reverse cowgirl?"

>"Do what you want."

>I fucked you're waifu

>firecrotch
>Japanese redhead

You seriously think that shit's natural?

Welp, I should just take a peak at the livewatching thread. I have no problems with the ending at all. Konatsu wanted a child and Kiku gave her one. That's it.
There was nothing else except getting just slightly closer.
I don't think this ruins Kiku's character at all.

I'm not mad, it changes nothing for me

So she was nuts just like her mother. Shouldn't be that much of a shock though I guess Old Guy was portrayed as a moral, upstanding individual.

That's good, user. Not everything in life has a good ending, and that includes anime. It's the journey that matters.

NTAYRT but thank you. I didn't see your post before making mine.

I doubt Sukeroku cared enough to fund a kid's hair dying habit considering she never even had it cut before Kiku.

Yakumo literally has light grey eyes. Is that natural?

wait what

I haven't watched this show beyond the first episode but I have hear nothing but praise for it and now it turns out they pulled a Usagi Drop?

Yup.

Aldnoah.Zero.

The praise was 100% warranted but we got usagi dropped at the last second

Yakumo's character will never be redeemed. Poor Konatsu for being written by a fujo author.

>Is that natural?
>post a girl with purple eyes
Hmm...

It makes no sense to blame this on the author being a fujo, except in the sense that she left her fujo inclinations behind for the sake of writing mainstream josei and filled her story with nasty het instead of pure homo love.

reverse usagi drop.

What do you mean?

Literally just watched this. Didn't find anything wrong with the last episode.

At least Woody Allen took responsibility.

I'm glad Rakugo waited until the last episode before its threads were infected by rampant shitposting.

>There was nothing else except getting just slightly closer
>getting just slightly closer.
Fucking is more than just getting slightly closer.

The same people have been in Rakugo threads the whole time are the same people in these threads. They're the ones who've been disappointed by a series they really enjoyed, are you under the impression that criticism = shitposting?

I want to see Konatsu's luscious lips warped around Kiku's dried up old cock

It went from a fucked up hate but love relationship between an old man and his foster daughter to a hearthwarming father-daughter relationship.

Huh? It was already going terrible much earlier than that.

In Japan? Yes.

Red hair? Not a bit.

>criticism = shitposting
Calling it Usagi Drop is stupid.

To be fair we already said everything to be said in the first two threads, that this is still going it's because of shitposting, just look at OP.

No. It went from a fucked up hate but love relationship between an old man and his foster daughter to a hearthwarming father-daughter relationship to a retroactively sexualized relationship at the very end. The audience experiences these developments as they are revealed in the series, not in the order the events actually happened.

Just rewatch it taking the reveal into account.

It's a meme you dip. And it's fitting enough.