This was incredibly satisfying

This was incredibly satisfying.

Oww , it's brings back memories

Never watched it, what am I supposed to be seeing.

Yeah, it's great.
I wanted them to fuck right there in front of the others.

Is the top one from Brotherhood? I never noticed how young they look in the early episodes.

I don't think more than two years passes throughout the story, but then again, I'm not very smart.

Éven the Bad guys in it were fun to see

His food/life force was being split to support his brothers body trapped in the other realm. Hence why his growth was stunted despit being a glutton.

The bottom pic is when the brothers body was freed already I think.

>Have growth spurt
>still a manlet

Yeah, I remember that being the reason, but it still takes some time. I think a few months passed before them meeting again after being separated.

/fit/, please. Now is not the time.

Is Ed actually standing in the top pic? Maybe he's just sitting up straight in bed.

>be winry
>grow a man face

Ruined

As the story goes along, Alphie's connection to the world and Ed gets gradually weaker.
Also time passes.

Ed looks incredibly satisfying, I want to fuck that grown up manlet

The guy on the right is the MC, you're supposed to be seeing his growth from boy to man

Shes fine.

It's nice because it's not bashed into the audiences heads that it's happening.
Winry notices it pretty early on but more in a "Ed sure got dependable while I wasn't watching" kind of way.

They're both Brotherhood

Is the top the flashback at the beginning?

I don't want to be that guy that starts shit but
>author says she grew up on a farm with work ethic and that's why all the women in the series is depicted as hard working
>it's depicted in a natural, matter-of-fact way that isn't forced down the reader's throat like HEY WOMEN CAN DO THIS TOO
Why can't Western feminism use subtlety like this in their pop culture?

>western
>subtle
you answered yourself

It's not the only example in anime either. Makes me wonder why feminists don't like anime. Maybe it's the very fact that it's subtle?

Not that I mind that really.

I don't see how FMA does it much differently to western series. Do you think strong and dependable military women haven't been done before?

This is cool and all, but did Mustang fuck Riza?

>Do you think strong and dependable military women haven't been done before?
I can't think of any that were rounded out characters. They could do just about anything by themselves and had no major vulnerabilities to balance it out.

I mean look at Wonder Woman.

It can, it just gets overshadowed.

The Wheel of Time series is a decent example of subtle feminism. The writer (male) builds a world around the idea of men holding Original Sin.
As a consequence most world leaders are women, men are considered generally untrustworthy/self interested, and men with magic powers are (deservedly) feared while most cultures respect magic women.

But the world's still shit. Many rulers are still power hungry assholes. The women in charge are just as self interested as men.

Jordan's "feminism" isn't "Look how much better everything would be" it's "In the end everyone is the same"

Looks like his bitch got ugly and developed a man face. Puberty can be cruel.

She didn't create the women like that just to make people notice.

His point is that FMA did not have to excessively emphasise that they are women.

If you can magically erase one character from FMA (the manga), who would it be?

I vote May Chang.

Maybe because you only notice feminism when it's forced down your throat and in a HEY WOMEN CAN DO THIS TOO-way?

So Ed gets a mechanic and Al gets a Princess.

Ling gets all the princesses of Xing and Roy gets a tattooed sniper

Hughes.
That way there is no suffering, only godhood.

Now all that needs to happen is that the 90 other people in front of her in line dies and she'll rule.

The poorest princess in the land

What I wanna know is if my nigga Brosh got the Ross

Can't pick one. I'd erase all of them except for Hughes and Armstrong since those are the only characters worth a fuck.

Winry is so boring

top is a flashback

op is retarded

>Why can't Western feminism use subtlety like this in their pop culture?
because feminism isn't about helping women, it's about getting free shit for women

it's women supremacy

Shut your whore mouth Winry is great.

nope

worst gril

I want to abuse a sweaty Ed and make him drink my milk.

Kill yourself.

she probably smells like oil and sweat

who wants a girl like that?

Those things aren't that bothersome.

What would bother me is that she would have rough hands.

A feminist is not thinking about how to strive towards a reward through hard work but rather blame others until she gets a reward.
Western women as a majority are so fucking backward it's unreal.

Anyone would, if they were tinkering away at automail for a living. She likes baths so after a wash she'd be heaven in bed.

>rough hands
You mean calluses?

Her Silver Spoon manga is great too.

Yeah.
When he became fuhrer.

What the fuck? Is this promo art?

Ponytails are so great.

>Do you think strong and dependable military women haven't been done before?
Never without talking about
>Muh being a womman is haaaaaard
>Hurr durr guys are allways saying I'm bad
>Nobody respected me before I kicked everyone's ass(the colonel and president too)

Hohenheim had a rough life.

Because feminists seek to demean men at the same time. A western feminist would have made Roy Mustang a bumbling idiot who gets carried by Riza Hawkeye.

He did get to live to like 300 though, so there's that

Dvd cover.

>be gay
>give your opinion on women
>use reddit spacing
The only thing ruined is this board by your continued presence.

Ahh I see we have a gentleman and a scholar in the house this evening. Well done sir, and good on you.

I'm happy my boy Havoc got to walk again.

Rose was just much better as a character in the original, and she spoke infinitely less than Winry does. Or maybe it's just the original series' edgy environment that made it that way.

I definitely get that edgy vibe from the old anime, it seemed so much darker than brotherhood

Cringe

i think that was implied when he learned flame alchemy from her back

Oh so you're one of those people that actually like when Bone try to make original content for established works.

Is that a bad thing?

I've thought this as well. Tons of anime features strong female characters who are great role models for girls. In most works women are either shown as very capable, dependable, and useful. I'd say the vast majority of anime that Sup Forums enjoys and recommends features strong women as well.

I guess on the flipside, most works feature some sort of fan service, which probably causes feminists to rage and froth at the mouth. Women in anime and manga also tend to be more traditional and demure (obviously there are many exceptions, but even in anime/manga with strong female leads, there are plenty of reserved women).

Then again, most western shows have strong female characters and feminists still find reasons to bitch and moan about them. I'm starting to believe the push to make everything more friendly to women is just a trap, wherein artists and authors are bullied into changing their works to something that will please a non-existent audience. At the expense of the fans who support the author/writer/designer/artist/etc and actually consume the media they produce, of course.

>Makes women hard working because that's her view of how women are, herself and her female role models all being hard working. Innately honest with no hidden agenda.

>Lazy spiteful Feminist who's main view of women is as lazy, dumb ass trash because that's what all the women in her life are like. Overcompensates to hide this fact by making horrible Feminist girl power characters to both feed her innate pathological fears and push a political agenda. Meanwhile it's clear as fuck what she's doing and is just disingenuous and gross to see.

Yup. Everyone wasn't acting super emo like they were going to their own funerals. It was great!

Furer fucking Bradley was the GOAT badass

If there was one thing I loved from FMA it was how Izumi was this 6 foot tall amazon with super powers who kicked just about every ass she met, but she looks and acts like a feminine little waif when shes with her 9 foot tall human mountain of a husband. As far as humans go shes a top tier fighter even while missing half her plumbing, but it never stops her from just being a girl or a maternal figure.

Its just really cathartic to have the whole Stronk indepundint wyvern who dont need no man thing tossed to the gutter where it belongs

>I'd say the vast majority of anime that Sup Forums enjoys and recommends features strong women as well.

Code Geass is an obvious example.

Izumi wasn't 6 ft, she was kind of short actually. All of Arakawa's women are on the short side

Have you seen what happens when ANY media does anything subtly?
Even in anime you get a shitload of threads on Sup Forums going "why didn't ____?" and you have a few anons trying to explain it with the OP going "that's stupid" or "how was I supposed to know?"

The problem is most people are too fucking stupid for subtlety.

>COURAGE PUNCH!
>LOLGERMANY

Yes, yes it is.

Could have sworn she was taller, but it has been a while since I watched FMA or Brotherhood

Not only that but she proudly proclaims that she's a "housewife" whenever anyone asks who she is!

>Girlchan In Paradise episode 4 never

That's probably just because we see her tower over other characters when she gets mad as a gag constantly

Now that you mention it, most of the "activists" at my alma mater who'd preach to crowds through megaphones and carry signs for feminism were the ones who had the time to do those things, because their concentrations were stuff no one had to study for like gender studies. Sage for meta shit.

>a shitload of threads on Sup Forums going "why didn't ____?" and you have a few anons trying to explain it with the OP going "that's stupid" or "how was I supposed to know?"
I think half of those threads are just shitposting, kind of like "What did he mean by this?"

>slaps the Central general who tries to justify sacrificing all the soldiers with her toilet sandal

I work in retail. I don't underestimate a person's capacity to be as stupid as possible.

I just love it when people complain about plot holes because they were looking at their phone while "watching" a show.

I remember one thread recently where this guy criticized Geass because Euphie died from the power of love "or some shit". Apparently this moron managed miss her being shot.

While I love Izumi's characterization, she didn't exactly not have the strong independent woman trope. Olivier plays pretty heavily on the trope, though her being a woman isn't exactly highlighted as far as I can remember.

Olivier is actually made fun of a couple times for not being feminine

Nah, some people are just to retarded to get something without being explicitly told

>just a trap
In a way, but ultimately it boils down to just their infinite stupidity.

>Briggs soldiers fawn over Winry
>they bawl when she leaves with Ed
>mechanic says if they want a girl, they have Boss
>"BOSS IS TOO SCARY"

Shes strong and shes a women. But I dont see where Independent and dont need no man fit in there. Shes constantly bragging about what a stud her husband is and falling into his arms, and Al and Ed are basically her adopted sons.

Women are still pretty useless in FMA

Being made fun of for being non-feminine isn't quite the same as what the strong independent woman (especially of the military variety) trope goes for. If Olivier was proclaiming how she was the boss and how she's a woman in the same breath, yeah, but a little joke here and there is hardly obnoxious. It's realistic, if anything.

They look so much better and cuter in the top screen shot.

We all know Riza is best girl.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I meant the author did include that trope to a minor extent with Olivier, not that Izumi borrows from it.

I was trying to further press your point, the whole stronk woman thing never has that

I see, got you mate

Maybe in the 2003 version. In the manna/Brotherhood pretty much everyone plays a part in the end

Nah.
>Rose is useless
>Winry (and Pinako) fixes Ed's automail
>Hawkeye saves Roy and his subordinates many times
>Izumi trains Ed and Al, remains their mentor, kicks everyone's ass
>Ross (and Brosh) breaks up the Al vs Barry fight
>Lust is kinda useless
>Lan Fan does a decent job overall of protecting Ling and backing him up in fights
>May Chang is useless
>Olivier becomes key ally and launches a coup d'etat of Central
I'd say most of them are useful.

The most important thing is that you really shouldn't care why they can't.

>May Chang is useless
She's literally the only reason they win the final fight and were able to build the reverse transmutation circle.