Would you watch an anime of it?

And yes the eventual Automata spinoff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIeVc1yE4TY
youtube.com/watch?v=JIJJtgpOZfc
youtube.com/watch?v=FeukNp1XYUM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcghBxCSww
youtube.com/watch?v=8I6PKBGeVQk
dailymotion.com/video/x5f8yod_yuuki-yuuna-wa-yuusha-de-aru-washio-sumi-no-shou-henshin-scenes_tv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if it had the same music, sure. The game sucked but it had good story/music

Only if it's father Nier.
Brother Nier is a faggott.

It's good because it's a video game and takes advantage of the fact with the multiple endings/ deleting your save file with the final ending.
I'd rather not see an anime.

Father is non-canon western shit

Anime would be a new continuity that would have both.

Gameplay mechanics used in telling the story probably wont translate well to non interactive medium, id certainly watch for kaine or commander regardless

>game is a commentary on the culture of video games and uses many aspects that can only be used in games to tell its story
>gets made into an anime
I'd watch it regardless bc I'd have no reason not to, but I wouldn't understand why it exists or expect it to be good.

Yoko Taro has a manga. Make an anime about that instead.

>"I'm both your father, AND your brother."

No, but the OST is one of the best i've seen in decades.

Took me a little while into Automata to realize Emil was voiced by Mai Kadowaki, little deeper voice than I'm used to for her.

Also C92 please don't disappoint on the 2B/9S doujins, A2 and Commander are acceptable too.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIeVc1yE4TY

Seriously, the OST for the Nier games is the tits in general.

I'd kill for a Yoko Taro written anime. With how far out there some of his projects are I'm surprised he hasn't been attached to one yet.
But like those above me said, a Nier anime would lack many of the nuances that the game had. The story was somewhat dependent on the medium it was made for. I'd still watch an anime of it though, if only because its tone and atmosphere are so uniquely depressing that I feel like it would be a breath of fresh air for the industry.
I can't see Automata working at all, though.

>"I-i-is that why I call her momister?"

I hear the one on the left has a penis.

Both are canon you mong

have you even played the fucking games

>Seriously, the OST for the Nier games is the tits in general.
Then go watch Yuuki Yuuna for a similar OST by the same composers.

You've got: a hermaphrodite with a second person inside her, a homosexual immortal being, a boy who pleases old men for money and causes the extinction of the human race, a snarky child soldier trapped inside a book and a plot device.

Also there's a couple of androids thrown in there for good measure.

No that's retarded

The whole merit of this game is that it tells it's story in a way that's best told through a video game, why fucking ruin it?

Both are canon and both were in Japan

>that fucking feeling when Emil's theme gets a Despair remix for his boss fight, while he himself is crying throughout

My heart was as broken as my dick was hard.

Fuck you, asshole.

Watch Yuuki Yuuna then.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIJJtgpOZfc

wow. what a perfect 3some. shits gay.

Absolute shit show. If I wanted a show with MONACA soundtrack I would watch GARO

youtube.com/watch?v=FeukNp1XYUM

Not even remotely as good as Nier's soundtrack.

It could probably suck but yeah why not!

Should have linked the better songs then:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcghBxCSww
youtube.com/watch?v=8I6PKBGeVQk
dailymotion.com/video/x5f8yod_yuuki-yuuna-wa-yuusha-de-aru-washio-sumi-no-shou-henshin-scenes_tv

So are they androids or replicants?

Devola and Popola are androids.

Thanks user. I hope they sing in Automata too.

>Double-teaming 9S as he wakes up

Come on Japan please don't fuck this up.

>They say nobody stops again.
>They stop.
>Again.

They do, once.

Yes, because that game sucks as a game but the plot is great

It does in a lot of ways but an anime would have issues adapting it. For example, how do you effectively get across the twist with the shades being sentient the way the game did?

Yeah, that would be complicated...

>killed off after two seconds of screen time to enable 9s's revenge murder spree fantasy

>Shade dialogue only present in the BDs

mods?

>thinly veiled video games thread

No thanks.

On the other hand
>Lots of fanservice shots of Kaine bending over and her package tightly squished in her panties.
hhhhhhhh

But it's shit.

So?

An adaptation of "Drag-On Dragoon Shi ni Itaru Aka" would be great but it'd be censored as hell