What would it take for 3.0+1.0 to redeem the rebuilds?

What would it take for 3.0+1.0 to redeem the rebuilds?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySCIVNtQvV8
youtube.com/watch?v=t0MGRxm4VLM
youtube.com/watch?v=VdUPwR6mzXo&t
youtube.com/watch?v=NSBef6Z7trY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shinji needs to rape everyone.

I want Will-E to burn, I dont care about anyone else, I just want them wasted.

Be actually good.

Kill off the waifus

If it was never released

Live footage of Anno hanging himself on camera

nothing, even if it's good half of the trilogy is already unredeemable trash

Never acknowledge Mari existed.
Or:
work too

There's a date and a name? holy fuck, progress

It can't. Anno painted himself into a corner.

this is bogus info. there is no release date or finalized name.

If they can somehow take the entire canon of Eva, EvaTV + Manga + EoE + Rebuild, and turn them all into one massive mindf*ck, I think that will satiate me.

Make it only about Mari.

I don't even remember what happened in the movies, to be honest.

probably fake

Kill off all of WILLE + Rei Q, bring back Rei to let her fix Shinji. Also kill kaworu permanently and end the loops.

Manga isn't canon but Rebuild is pretty obviously a continuation of/sequel to/Groundhog Day loop of the TV series

If that's the case we have no reason to believe the manga isn't one too

Doesn't the idea of the loop come from the manga in the first place?

Maybe, but Anno didn't have any involvement with it iirc so I doubt he'll give it much acknowledgement in 3.0+1.0

have to agree completely. I just want to see EvaTV finally have a proper, closed ending, or at least actual proof it's all just a loop.

These things will likely happen no matter what.

well said, and all other iterations, though I hope they won't focus too much on the more sparse storylines (though I only say that becase EvaTV+EoE is my favorite Eva timeline)

No, it's explained in the anime by Yuri to Gendo in a flashback scene, which allows me to believe that most of the older cast understands exactly what the end-goal of the Eva series was.

>These things will likely happen no matter what.
Okay, then let it happen as humiliatingly as possible for WILLE and Kaworu then.

Sadamoto said the extra chapter was like a "fan work" from himself. He also says he's probably not going to be involved in 3.0+1.0.

In my headcanon, Mari will be the downfall of Will-E, so it's gonna hurt Asuka a lot. As for Kaworu, he's technically already physically dead, so unless he's got another body to swap into we'll probably only "see" him in some metaphysical sense.

Good luck on your spiteful hopes!

>No, it's explained in the anime by Yuri to Gendo in a flashback scene
In the series? Must have been subtle or I'm blind, I didn't notice.

>mindf*ck

Back to Gaia, normie retard.

What is this loop business you're talking about? Please enlighten a poor pleb who's only watched the anime series + movies.

Maybe have been only in the Director's Cut/Death|Rebirth. I'll try to find the clip for you.

Just because you don't know how to be nice doesn't mean you're correct in your assumptions about me, cutie!

3.33 was pandering schlock so the fourth movie will never set things straight, I have zero hope the fuckos at Khara will set things straight. I'm just saying what it'll take to actually fix the Rebuilds.

This:
>As for Kaworu, he's technically already physically dead, so unless he's got another body to swap into we'll probably only "see" him in some metaphysical sense.

is still too good for scum like Kaworu. He needs to die not just physically, but also metaphysically in a humiliating way.

There is too many plot holes that it possible can't be fixed in the final movie. They either need to make one more after the next, or they make it longer.

Good for you. The loop shit is basically raping Evangelion and turning it into a panderingfest for kaworufags and asukafags.

Evangelion died in the 90's, and everything after is stepping on it's corpse.

>3.33 was pandering schlock
>Kaworu. He needs to die not just physically, but also metaphysically in a humiliating way.
Your real problem with the third movie is not that it's pandering schlock, but that it didn't pander to you.

Yeah, I can't find it. The only conversation Gendo and Yui I remember was in EoE about not loving himself or something. Nothing about timeloops

Your real problem is that you're a filthy kaworufag. 3.33 is full-on kaworufag-pandering schlock, then 4.44 needs to correct that by being equally anti-kaworufag.

Somehow stop Kaworu from doing that Homura rip off crap so I never have to see this shit come back again. Just kill him permanently and put this series to rest.

The clip I was referencing is at the end of this video, but I feel like either we're missing some context or I just remembered incorrectly. I'll have to source the actual film to be sure what she said.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ySCIVNtQvV8 15:30

3.0 already redeemed them from the shitfest that was 2.0 :^)

I like the way you think, user :^)

My brother an/or sister in this non-cis everyday world.

Pandering is a problem in all the films except 1.11 and that was just a straight adaption more or less.

I'm thinking you probably remembered incorrectly. That's Fuyutsuki not Gendo!
And they are just talking about how the Eva is immortal, has Yui's soul in it and will drift in space for eternity as proof that humanity existed.

t. kaworufag

The problem with the third movie is that it shit on every fucking character to pander Kaworu. There's no story, no plot, just a platform for otaku to play in, it's pathetic. That's why the next movie needs to shut that cancer down in the worst way possible. Then maybe 3.0 + 1.0 will have some merit.

Shit can't be improved upon with more shit. Making another vapid movie to spite the previous one is not fixing anything. Rebuild is unsalvageable, it's a trainwreck, there is simply no getting around that. You just want your butthurt to be indulged.

you are correct, my apologies!

My secret hope is that 3.0+1.0 will end right where 1.0 began, and somehow you'll be able to gain extra knowledge from the previous 3 rebuild films based on what occurs during 3.0+1.0.

Gay piano was the best part of 3.33

Maybe we don't think shallow like you fujoshits, but actually want a good movie. Enough with the logical fallacies.

If it's anti-pandering, then it won't simply be vapid. Think of Kaworu like a yellow, bulging boil on the body of Evangelion. It's an infection that has weakened it, and killed it.

We need to remove the boil and scrape it clean, and disinfect the wound. That won't simply be vapid, it'll be the cure Rebuild needs to maybe get better again. Sure there's no salvaging Rebuild after 3.33 killed it, but at least it can do this to prove it wasn't all pandering.

Of course you like it because your a fujo, but from a non bias perspective the only good scene in 3.33 was the battle in central dogma.

3.33 was just a love letter from Anno to Kaworufags appreciation of their support, but it was bad as a result.

see Fuck off Kaworufag. It won't be vapid just because it removes the cancer that is Kaworu, it'll make it great for saving evangelion from the nothing it's become. Wake yourself up, inside you're probably internally REEEING.

Yui Ikari/Eva 01 has been returned from space, and Shinji Ikari has been recreated from the LCL within Eva 01. Shinji has no memory of the 15 years, and only remembers the events of Eva Rebuild 2.0.

At the end of Eva Rebuild 2.0, Kaworu comes down, stops 3rd Impact. This leads to the creation of the world in Eva Rebuild 3.0 .In 3.0+1.0 Shinji turns back time to restart a loop so that he can save his friends from their unquestionable demise in Rebuild 3.0 after reconnecting with his mother and taking over Wunder.

Rei is still around, as an essence, looking in from a lost timeline created in EoE. After EoE, as Shinji and Asuka wash up and recreate themselves from LCL, both are abducted, the world being compromised and forced to restart based on SEELE's plans enacted by the reborn Adam, Kaworu.

Mari is the living trigger, as she was the first to develop the curse of Eva and is actually a mate from college who shared Yui's passion for a new future. Fuyutski was too old, and Gendo had his own priorities, but Mari, Yui's closest friend, could act as a monitor to be sure that events lead in the perfect direction to show Shinji the pathway to fixing the past to give he and his friends the future they deserve.

0/10

It's a fun scene and good simple motivation for Shinji. The way the movies went I don't see how else they could've done it.

>worldlines
>timeloops
>time travel

Anno stealing ideas from other animes, wonderful.

It's a fucking garbage montage

mm, yes. because anime invented all of these tropes.

Inb4 fujos
Reminder that Shinji is canonically heterosexual. He only ever had sexual fantasies about women.

3.0+1.0 and 4.44 need to be separate movies

I have no idea how you fix this with partially reconning 3.33

The Rebuild project can't be redeemed at this point. I'll be satisfied if they just release a good movie.

There isn't a single mention of anything in this thread that would make a good movie. Plot, character, art, and, in our specific case, animation: these are the things that make a good movie. "Shit on Kaworu to balance the scales" is nothing, just pandering to fandom rivalries from the opposite end of things.

Maybe Anno should come up with his own ideas isn't of borrowing from others.

I hope it'll be a 2-parter too, user! I feel like if it were released the way the original final was meant to, back to back, it could easily win back the hearts of all the jaded eva haters and give Anno enough time to not only finalize the storry, but wrap it up in a pretty bow and seal it once and for all.

Kaworu is an opportunistic piece of shit and borderline rapist, so fuck him and his fans.

Inb4 blah blah best character and noble sacrifice. it's fujoshi bait. Thus, it's objectively shit. Only morons think otherwise.

I'm sorry that Evangelion isn't unique enough for you. It only showcased the genre of anime and paved the way for a site like Sup Forums to exist in the first place, but you're right. The director should certainly not use any tropes that have been used for centuries in his movies, seeing as he's just ripping off Gurren Laggan with the stupid robots anyway.

:^P

Gosh, you're silly.

>20+ years since debut
>still don't understand why Japan is that interested in Kaworu
He was in a single episode. How the fuck does that happen

Then they should have made Evangelion a slice of life anime, not this mecha light with some poorly attempted waifu/husbando fan service.

Yeah, removing Kaworu is one such thing.

Good characters are created over time and by placing them in a fitting context. 3.33 ruined both of those.

From a writers perspective, it is no longer possible to wring out a good story or good characters from the Rebuilds thanks to 3.33. There is only one thing left to do, mop up the garbage and then deliver meaning through that. If we let 3.33 represent the negative and hateful emotions from the fanbase, and then devour it with the fourth, there is some meaning to that.

But for four movies, and ten years in the making, no, we will never have what we should have had.

The Ikari Raising Project manga has no right being as good as it is

A whole bunch of Kaworu to trigger the waifufags into suicide

this is the only correct answer

t. Reifag

They should just cancel the rebuilds and just adapt Raising, since now everyone in eva only cares about waifus and husbandos, not "deep" themes.

Loop theory's been hinted at since 1997.

There's only two real characters left in the Rebuilds, Shinji and Rei. Shinji because he is continuous, and Rei because she's still in a frozen stasis. Those are the only character left that aren't shit made for the ugliest retards in fictional entertainment.

That's not enough. Evangelion needs to be better than two characters, it needs to have meaning, it needs to have substance, and it needs to be undeniably good in all these aspects. It had prior to 3.33 a multifaceted cast which could be used to achieve that, but with 3.33's failure that's a lost opportunity.

Shitting on Kaworu, not to mention Asuka to "tip the scales" would be a modest beginning and a completely neccesary thing to do in order to prove, beyond a doubt, that Rebuild is not a pandering service to some of the fans. Unless this happens, Rebuilds have no value.

This.
No one should be surprised by it.

Fuck off cancer kaworufag.

At least some anons think straight here :^)

It should only focus on Shinji. He's the only good character who doesn't have a cancerous waifufag fanbase.
All the waifus should be killed off so they can equally be given the finger.

Misato and Kaji should be given focus too.

This.
I also want the 2.0->3.0+1.0 theory to happen, I think that would be cool.

Expand on Shinji relationship with Gendo, Toji and Kaji.
The girls had their turn in EoE.

Is there a better AMV, lads?
youtube.com/watch?v=t0MGRxm4VLM
>AMV in current year

I want whatever makes people angriest.
I'm still laughing over the tears from the 3.0 generals.

Fuck off Kaworufag. Shinji is the "free space" in the evangelion bingo. Everyone sees straight through your bullshit.

Would be nice.
The inevitable shitfest in Sup Forums would make it worth it.

t.Kaworufag filth
Everyone hates you

>Reifags think Rei was shat on in NGE
Christ.

youtube.com/watch?v=VdUPwR6mzXo&t

Reifag lost it again.

Because she didn't get a shipping ending with Shinji.
It's all they care about. Their anger can be traced back to it every time.

There's only two cancerous waifufag fanbases in Evangelion, the asuka and kaworu fans due to their eternal quarrel over claiming Shinji. Don't think I don't get your lame "shinji only" plea, so you can keep fanwanking over the looping nonsense and your eternal starcrossed pairing.

The loops must die, kaworu must be removed. This fixes the eva.

What do Reifags have to complain about anyway? Rei and Shinji are like the main characters in Rebuild. Even in 3.0 Shinji is thinking mainly about Rei and Kaworu is mostly an afterthought. Now he's dead and it's obvious Rei Q will play a part in the next movie.

>kaworufag defense force out to shit on Rei again

Let the mods clean up the trash

that was p nice

It's obviously this one though
youtube.com/watch?v=NSBef6Z7trY

No one gives a shit about Rei Q because it's a literal travesty. Not even the Reifags care, so why would anyone else?

Yeah, like they removed the Kaworufag last time, that'd be great of the mods.

They lost their shit because their fantasy version of Rei doesn't match the canon version

>MLG montage parody
Honestly, I can't think of something more reddit than this.

Don't listen to it's a retarded fanfag projecting on Rei again.

Well, unlike you, I wouldn't know what raddit-type is.